Hello Philosophers

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Beingof1

Re: Hello Philosophers

Post by Beingof1 »

Homer wrote:
Blair wrote:
Homer wrote:Why must I deserve a status? I seek none.
Hubris.
Homer wrote:Keep all the status for yourself.
False humility.
Homer wrote:I'm happy with just discussions... philosophical or others.
The why cain't we all just get along shctick (don't forget to bat your eyelids..)
Personal attacks and mockery... classic.
But if that breakfast doesn't grab you by the throat and nearly choke you, it's not worth eating.
Why isn't philosophy worth doing, if, metaphorically speaking, it doesn't choke the truth out of you?

Why is such a responsibility left to philosophy and not the philosopher?
It is. The problem is we are at the point of way - and I do mean a long way - from niceties.

I will help. If you want to do 'real philosophy'? Close your eyes and use your finger tips to emit light (Google: Cells emit light) and move them over a sick persons body. If you silence your mind the image will be reconstructed of the organs in your mind. This is the heat/electrons sending signals out and then come back to be imaged in the mind as light. Kinda like a movie theater with - instead of using your eyes - use touch and know it works on the same electrical principle as sight.
Keep your eyes closed.

Reconstruct the injured or inflamed part of the body in your mind - and then fix it.

When you touch again - see the organs intact and the cells - will talk or communicate with each other because of the data stream being pushed by the electrical current of thought. Like fibre optics.

Hope you can use this.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I'm using my finger tips by forcing them down my throat so I can puke.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

cousinbasil wrote:I'm using my finger tips by forcing them down my throat so I can puke.
Is this all you have?

I mean - you have no intent to help another soul on their journey. Is this who you are?

Are you the critic? Is this who you are?

Are you the one who understands and can offer a helping hand? If you are, I have not yet seen you do that. Could you demonstrate how you can offer a helping hand to us all? Can you do this?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Beingof1 wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:I'm using my finger tips by forcing them down my throat so I can puke.
Is this all you have?

I mean - you have no intent to help another soul on their journey. Is this who you are?

Are you the one who understands and can offer a helping hand? If you are, I have not yet seen you do that. Could you demonstrate how you can offer a helping hand to us all? Can you do this?
It's all I have after reading your "healing instructions."

Another soul on "their" journey to...?

No, I guarantee I am not "the" critic. You obviously have yet to run into that person in your life. But if you keep saying things like "Reconstruct the injured or inflamed part of the body in your mind - and then fix it," you will find that person soon enough.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
Beingof1 wrote:
Is this all you have?

It's all I have after reading your "healing instructions."

Another soul on "their" journey to...?

No, I guarantee I am not "the" critic. You obviously have yet to run into that person in your life. But if you keep saying things like "Reconstruct the injured or inflamed part of the body in your mind - and then fix it," you will find that person soon enough.
Do you have any idea what is afoot in the world right now? Did you know their are those that are out to get rid of low level humans like yourself? Do you have any idea how serious the need for transcendant consciousness is?

You might want to start thinking out of the box. Non conventional methods are what is going to be needed. But again - you will probably give the wave of your hand with pride, mom, apple pie, love of country, and most important - sound and approved (peer reviewed to) methods of control.

I could give more help but alas - those that think they know are not yet ready to admit being wrong. Admitting you might be wrong is one of the greatest sins around these parts. Its infantile and disconcerting that this pride and self image can keep most trapped in their head. What a shame.

But I am sure, you are convinced, that you is much wiser than groping in the dark me and therefore; you will keep crashing yourself into illusion until you quite literally die.

You could ask for help but will your pride keep you from that?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Whispering to me mirror again, Being? Tsk tsk tsk. Still the preacher boy, playing his own healer X-men movie!
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Do you have any idea what is afoot in the world right now?
I guess TV, radio, newspaper, Internet, work, friends and family aren't enough. Suppose you tell me.
Did you know their are those that are out to get rid of low level humans like yourself? Do you have any idea how serious the need for transcendant consciousness is?
You are clearly a flake. And I have a pretty good idea about my need to transcend the nonsense you keep writing at GF.
You might want to start thinking out of the box. Non conventional methods are what is going to be needed. But again - you will probably give the wave of your hand with pride, mom, apple pie, love of country, and most important - sound and approved (peer reviewed to) methods of control.
There you go with the "thinking out of the box" spiel again, Bo1. We did this little dance once before. I will give you a hint: it is quite useless to think out of the box unless you have spent a lot of time thinking in it. The box is there for a reason. My guess is your box is pretty small.

Non-conventional methods of doing what? Healing the planet?

You obviously have not much of a grasp on the "conventional" methods, or else you would not be putting so much mental stock in this ET-phone-home fingertip miracle healing type thing you are describing.
I could give more help but alas - those that think they know are not yet ready to admit being wrong. Admitting you might be wrong is one of the greatest sins around these parts. Its infantile and disconcerting that this pride and self image can keep most trapped in their head. What a shame.
This quote is so filled with mistakes of all kinds, I wouldn't know where to begin.
But I am sure, you are convinced, that you is much wiser than groping in the dark me
I certainly is.
You could ask for help but will your pride keep you from that?
Pride? What pride? If I had any pride would I be wasting a Saturday night addressing your nonsense?

No, I have no pride, so I am therefore your worst nightmare---I am someone who will tell you the truth.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Horatio:
O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!

Hamlet:
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Am I being too hard on Bo1, Elizabeth?
Elizabeth Isabelle

cousinbasil wrote:Am I being too hard on Bo1, Elizabeth?
He has this spooky habit of being right. That's kind of hard to ignore.

Where the fundamentals - the "in the box" philosophy is a very important - no, an absolutely necessary foundation, if we build nothing on the foundation, we will live only in the basement. The difference between philosophy and enlightenment is as the difference between the mind and the spirit.

It is true that Bo1 does not particularly bother hashing out the fundamentals with people, but neither do college professors bother teaching grammar. Bo1 is teaching Quantum Physics 101 and you are busting his chops for not following all the rules you learned in Newtonian Physics 104, so yeah, I think that you are.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Elizabeth wrote: Bo1 is teaching Quantum Physics 101 and you are busting his chops for not following all the rules you learned in Newtonian Physics 104
I understand that this is an analogy - and one you have probably chosen especially for me, to put things in my language, as it were.

But it's the worst choice you could have made, because QM and NP are actually things I know something about. You cannot convince me that Bo1 is any kind of professor of anything. Unless his posts are a collective massive joke that I am just not getting.

But if you think it is okay to encourage magical thinking, I'll have to stand corrected.

Don't misunderstand me - we all of us have our belief systems. I get that. But if you are going to build a skyscraper of such dizzying heights (for the finals in your course in miracles, you'll be expected to be able to tap your heels together three times and make all wars and bullying go away), at least don't build it from the top floor down.

He has called me dishonest and a low life. I don't believe I am the second thing, and I know I am not the first. But I'll try to be kindler and gentler. This will entail my not reading any of his posts, because if I happen to, it could be a tough mandate. Fair enough? I mean, even Diebert makes sense compared to him.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

He has this spooky habit of being right
About what? Just out of curiosity. And then I'll be good.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

cousinbasil wrote: I mean, even Diebert makes sense compared to him.
Thanks bro, I'll read one of yours again [this one :)] to return the compliment. Boo seems quite stuck to his magical thought, ever since he was a kid. It's been his bread and butter ever since then, at times even literally. It cannot change anymore at his advanced age but he apparently does understand a few things about the mind. However over the last years he seems to have developed an additional stronger, nastier militant type of apocalyptic attitude to things. Paranoia grows with age if not curtailed actively! And I think Elizabeth demonstrates the need for another sage to trim the hedges for her. Perhaps Boo will do!
Elizabeth Isabelle

cousinbasil wrote:He has called me dishonest and a low life. I don't believe I am the second thing, and I know I am not the first.
I did not see that/those posts. You are neither.
cousinbasil wrote:QM and NP are actually things I know something about.
So you know that even though both are real, they do not follow all of the same laws and rules. That was the point, and I figured you knew something about both or that point would have been lost on you.
cousinbasil wrote:You cannot convince me that Bo1 is any kind of professor of anything.
We are all professors, and students (and welcome to The Breakfast Club...).
cousinbasil wrote:for the finals in your course in miracles, you'll be expected to be able to tap your heels together three times and make all wars and bullying go away
Well, I can already tap my heels together three times, but making all wars and bullying go away will take the efforts of a few more reincarnations. :)
cousinbasil wrote:if you think it is okay to encourage magical thinking
There are stages where it is okay and there are stages where it is not okay.
cousinbasil wrote:I'll try to be kindler and gentler. This will entail my not reading any of his posts, because if I happen to, it could be a tough mandate. Fair enough? I mean, even Diebert makes sense compared to him.
You can not see any value to that realm, so reading such posts are probably a waste of time for you at this point (and possibly any point of your life) anyway.
cousinbasil wrote:
He has this spooky habit of being right
About what? Just out of curiosity. And then I'll be good.
The most impressive one to me was when he came on here with a massive post warning us to stock up on foodstuffs just enough ahead of when the value of the dollar went down and the cost of food went significantly higher that we had a reasonable amount of time to stock up.

It seems like there were more instances, though much smaller, but I do not remember and don't have the endurance to research it right now (I've been dealing with terrible brain fog lately. Memory has gone bad, and although I can reason as well as ever, maybe better - where I used to be able to run with my thoughts, I now slog through as if up to my knees in mud). I owe you more of an answer. I will reviewBo1's posts throughout this week.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I will reviewBo1's posts throughout this week.
Yikes! Don't do that on my account!
Elizabeth Isabelle

cousinbasil wrote:
I will reviewBo1's posts throughout this week.
Yikes! Don't do that on my account!
lol ok :)
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Whispering to me mirror again, Being? Tsk tsk tsk. Still the preacher boy, playing his own healer X-men movie!
Diebert - always reading minds and then espousing it as if it were not magic at all. Defining who I am and then - discarding the facts.

Will you ever - and I mean ever - stick with facts, evidence, experience, or just plain ole logic? You would rather discuss the person instead? In not a single discussion with you over the years have you ever stuck with evidence and facts. Somehow - it always ends up being about my 'bad attitude' or whatever psychobabble you want to make all facts and evidence evaporate with.

I thought better of you sir.
Boo seems quite stuck to his magical thought, ever since he was a kid.
I offered you evidence Diebert - I offered to let you talk to people - you did not bother. You are so convinced, you do not have to look at facts and evidence?
WOW - what insight.

Stop being the problem and start being the solution.
It's been his bread and butter ever since then, at times even literally. It cannot change anymore at his advanced age but he apparently does understand a few things about the mind. However over the last years he seems to have developed an additional stronger, nastier militant type of apocalyptic attitude to things. Paranoia grows with age if not curtailed actively! And I think Elizabeth demonstrates the need for another sage to trim the hedges for her. Perhaps Boo will do!
Yup - lets ignore all facts and concentrate on me and my problem.

That way, you can ignore all evidence and discard it as the ramblings of a paranoid - how typical of the sheep.

This is for you and cousinbasil. Now listen up - it is a logical fallacy to think the source has anything to do with an argument. Did both of you get this?

Let me repeat - because apparently you both missed this in class that day in school. It is a logical fallacy to think by discrediting the person this has anything at all to do with the facts and evidence.

Did both of you get that or do I need to repeat?

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/

Now - try looking up at the sky, look at the UN documents and stop being prejudicial in your thought. Can you do that? Are you able to be objective and separate the facts and evidence from the person?
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

cousinbasil:
I guess TV, radio, newspaper, Internet, work, friends and family aren't enough. Suppose you tell me.
You are clearly a flake. And I have a pretty good idea about my need to transcend the nonsense you keep writing at GF.
Do these two lines go together?

insert rolleyes here:
BO1:

Cousinbasil:
There you go with the "thinking out of the box" spiel again, Bo1. We did this little dance once before. I will give you a hint: it is quite useless to think out of the box unless you have spent a lot of time thinking in it. The box is there for a reason. My guess is your box is pretty small.

Non-conventional methods of doing what? Healing the planet?

You obviously have not much of a grasp on the "conventional" methods, or else you would not be putting so much mental stock in this ET-phone-home fingertip miracle healing type thing you are describing.
I see; so you have tested and falsified this as being a big NO NO because you always just grokked and knew it was hewy?

Do they give out awards for being thick as a brick?
This quote is so filled with mistakes of all kinds, I wouldn't know where to begin.

From you to Elizabeth:
He has called me dishonest and a low life.
I did not call you a low life - that is a lie - but you are dishonest and I say so again.

When speaking to someone who is dishonest, no amount of reason can penetrate because they can always lie their way right out of any kind of reality at all.

I am done with you as you are not willing to be truthful so that is a waste of time.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Well that 's a lot harsher than I have noticed from Bo1 before. At least both of you have stated in one way or another that you are done with each other. IMO, the most mature thing to do would be to stick to that and leave each other alone.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I did not call you a low life - that is a lie - but you are dishonest and I say so again.

When speaking to someone who is dishonest, no amount of reason can penetrate because they can always lie their way right out of any kind of reality at all.

I am done with you as you are not willing to be truthful so that is a waste of time.
All right then, what you called me was "low level human." Pretty much the same thing as a lowlife.

But you say I am dishonest. About what? You're such a knucklehead. There may be plenty of things of which I can be accused, but no one who knows me has ever accused me of being dishonest, most likely because I am not dishonest. You, on the other hand, foist your new-age folderol on forum members, here and apparently elsewhere --- how is that being honest? You must know that there is a difference between wishing and doing. But perhaps you don't. You might be one of those people who think that wishing something is actually doing something, in the sense of accomplishing something. Wishing my tumor to go away will not make it go away; likewise, no matter how clearly you might visualize it, picturing me with a tumor will not give me one.

You either know this or you don't. If you don't, then I apologize, you are simply a mental case who cannot be helped. But if you do, then you are the dishonest one - because you know that you are misleading people. No one really listens to you do they? About the curing and thinking out of the box thing? I actually do not relish raining on someone's parade (you do know that it rains sometimes, right?), it's just that the parade is going through GF, where members are encouraged to point out the delusions of other members.

I am quite sure that miracles happen. I also am certain that people cannot simply wish them into being. If you were honest, as you say I am not, then you would say that you, Bo1, have never performed miracles, and that you understand you do not have that divine power. Otherwise, your intent is to lead others into thinking that you can do such things, and that such things are possible with your "help."

That's what I would call dishonest.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Does anyone read B O 4 one's posts?

I thought it was just one post, with an endless series of misguided variations on a theme.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Well that 's a lot harsher than I have noticed from Bo1 before. At least both of you have stated in one way or another that you are done with each other. IMO, the most mature thing to do would be to stick to that and leave each other alone.
You do not understand - this is getting real serious real quick.

I am not being a 'big meany'. I am trying to warn and help. The problem is, most think they already 'got it'.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

cousinbasil wrote:
BO1:

cousinbasil:
All right then, what you called me was "low level human." Pretty much the same thing as a lowlife.

You lied again - link the quote.

Do you ever remain forthright?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Beingof1 wrote:You do not understand
Correct again.
Beingof1 wrote:this is getting real serious real quick.
Assuming that by "this" you mean "the condition of humanity" - I agree.
Beingof1 wrote:I am not being a 'big meany'. I am trying to warn and help.
You have always been trying to warn and help. It's just that the "thick as a brick" comment was something I'd come to expect from Blair - not you.
Beingof1 wrote:The problem is, most think they already 'got it'.
Yep. But if you really think this technique is going to change anybody's mind, like you said, I don't understand.

I'm out. It's up to the two of you.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Nah, I would have said as thick as pigshit. (but in this case, in reference to the B.O one)