Sentencing the Human Race

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
DHodges

Re: Sentencing the Human Race

Post by DHodges »

Bob Michael wrote:Trudging towards Armageddon and perfectly on schedule.
Indeed we are.

Dust in the wind.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

DHodges wrote:
Indeed we are.

Dust in the wind.
Do you see a way out for any of us? Or a way that at least a portion of the species might be 'saved'? An enlightened and sane portion.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

The Enlightened see everyone as equal.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Kunga wrote:The Enlightened see everyone as equal.
Not this one. Though the weak and the unenlightened may see it as such.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Bob Michael wrote:
Enlightened people are arrogant ?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Bob Michael wrote:
David Quinn wrote:If you were to summarize the human race in a sentence, what would it be?

-
Trudging towards Armageddon and perfectly on schedule.
Mensa says: This answer says it all!
m4tt_666

Post by m4tt_666 »

realize there is nothing any physical life form can do to stave off death for its species for an eternity. highly advanced civilizations before us surely must have come to terms with this, it's nothing too hard to grasp and i don't see why it should interfere with our common decency, which has been long gone, by the way.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

it's nothing too hard to grasp and i don't see why it should interfere with our common decency, which has been long gone, by the way.
Then go out of your way to put it back. There's your meaning of life right there.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Kunga wrote:
Bob Michael wrote:
Enlightened people are arrogant ?
Yes, I used to think so too, when I was weak and rather blindly, though painfully, followed the 'fallen' herd of humanity. But having undergone a radical transformation of conscience (and not consciousness), I've come to feel differently.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

m4tt_666 wrote:realize there is nothing any physical life form can do to stave off death for its species for an eternity. highly advanced civilizations before us surely must have come to terms with this, it's nothing too hard to grasp and i don't see why it should interfere with our common decency, which has been long gone, by the way.
Yes, and the loss of "our common decency" (or perhaps we never really ever fully gained it) will soon bring about a major change in the whole scheme of things.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

• The human race in a sentence: taking the f out of life.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Nice!

:)
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
...you cynical ucker!

I think I liked your first answer better. :)
uckwad

Post by uckwad »

Carmel wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
...you cynical ucker!

I think I liked your first answer better. :)
I thought his first answer was better, too.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

lol!

...and that ain't no lie!

Thank you, uckwad, for putting the "f" back into "life". :)
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Fuckwad & Carmilf wrote: "we liked your first answer better".

But they were saying both the same thing! The second one just summarised the first.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Bob Michael wrote:
DHodges wrote:
Indeed we are.

Dust in the wind.
Do you see a way out for any of us? Or a way that at least a portion of the species might be 'saved'? An enlightened and sane portion.
Mensa says: There is no way out, no one can escape the final battle of the two forces good and evil prophesised to occur at the end of the world. Jesus will come in the clouds, all eyes and ears shall see and hear him. People will be awakened from their graves and shall witness the coming of Christ. Be aware of false prophets, they will fool you. You shall know they are lying if they tell you something different about the coming of Christ.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Perhaps.....but merely pointing this out is not going to help bring it back into life. Nor will men who have never grown up and learned the art of loving help the situation either.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Mensa says: "There is no way out, no one can escape the final battle of the two forces good and evil prophesised to occur at the end of the world. Jesus will come in the clouds, all eyes and ears shall see and hear him. People will be awakened from their graves and shall witness the coming of Christ. Be aware of false prophets, they will fool you. You shall know they are lying if they tell you something different about the coming of Christ."

Perhaps I'm a fool then, since I don't buy into this warped and twisted or all-too-human Christian view of things to come to pass.
m4tt_666

Post by m4tt_666 »

there is always a "way out". it's all in how you can adapt your sense of thinking, whether it be for the strictly short-term (life within the confines of humanity), or for a more long-term view in the sense our consciousness needs not a physical form to survive within the Universe. by all means, i view life as a gift but somewhere between civilizations we lost touch with our most natural common sense that the law of motion is applicable in every aspect, even our conscious afterlife.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Here's another one:

Humanity is a lot like a june bug. It is attracted to the warm summer air, but that isn't good enough so it proceeds to find whatever light/heat source it can, such as street lambs, house lights, vehicle grills, and it flies into them repeatedly for even more warmth, many times bouncing off in pain, but it continues to fly into the warm object over and over. And then it eventually injures itself, falling on its back where it realizes a little too late that it hasn't evolved a mechanism to turn itself over, and so it dies on its back probably of starvation, or drowns in a mud puddle. And tragically, the next generation do not seem to learn from the mistakes of the previous generation, as the same behavior patterns emerge like clockwork that next summer season...
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

m4tt_666 wrote:there is always a "way out". it's all in how you can adapt your sense of thinking, whether it be for the strictly short-term (life within the confines of humanity), or for a more long-term view in the sense our consciousness needs not a physical form to survive within the Universe. by all means, i view life as a gift but somewhere between civilizations we lost touch with our most natural common sense that the law of motion is applicable in every aspect, even our conscious afterlife.
What are your views for a collective way out of the wall-to-wall human chaos and insanity?
rebecca702

Post by rebecca702 »

Biped destroyers of Nature's good.
(Gurdjieff)
m4tt_666

Post by m4tt_666 »

relating to current world relations i think they're not only severely damaged on a governmental level they are no doubt damaged on an individual level due to our rise in superficial behavior. i also think its more prevalent in the west and "civilized" countries in the east.

what needs to be done and ultimately will depending on your view of time, is a general maintenance of a logical, common sense mindset by all lifeforms within they're given vicinity and interaction.

we are no doubt witnessing the above scenarios counterpart through observations of our daily lives.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

My view is that the human species has devolved to the point whereby it has become so thoroughly dehumanized and machinelike that the neurological faculties of most of its members have become irreparably malformed and/or damaged. Consequently most of us are totally incapable of ever becoming genuinely and fully human. Though I do hold out hope for a relatively small portion of the species to make the return to full and authentic human selfhood.