Hello again.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Glostik91

Hello again.

Post by Glostik91 »

Hello again. If you do not remember who I am, I am the Christian who began posting several months ago primarily about the gospel of Thomas. It has certainly been an eventful time for me personally. Everything that I have ever believed in has been questioned, and now after many months of waiting, studying, and meditating, I am ready to claim that I am enlightened. Perhaps I am not 100 percent enlightened knowing that to be 100 percent enlightened means that my consciousness is empty all day and all night, and that I have zero worldy attachments, but I think that I have progressed the path for some time now. I have read both Kevin's and David's book twice and I have read all the gospels, I am 2/3 the way through Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and I have spent a lot of time contemplating and debating the truth with other people. I realize that this proclamation may seem sudden and/or suspicious, but I have two proofs to offer. Before I offer them I must say that I only wish to alleviate this information to this forum because this place could greatly help my spiritual journey toward total emptiness and the alleviation of all worldliness. This statement is not prideful in any way. I do not wish to draw attention to something that is illusory. I merely wish to present the proofs. My first proof is my frequent posting on this website: [ http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum ... ic=13242.0 ] I am Jason K. My other proof is the book I am writing. It is about a man named Iddo the Seer. It is basically one large metaphor describing the process by which I have become enlightened so far. Since chapter one is not a very long chapter I will post it here along with some commentary afterwards.

Iddo the Seer
Chapter 1
Iddo the Seer is walking in the forest one day when, suddenly, a large rock flings itself from the sun. It hurtles on fire through the air and smashes into the dirt near Iddo. Iddo is alerted by its presence and walks over to it. It is as black as ebony and rather large. Iddo is getting somewhat tired so he sits down upon it. The rock is warm to the touch, and it begins to comfort Iddo. Iddo then begins to wonder, “Where did this rock come from?” Iddo continues to sit until he notices a bright light in the sky. Curiously, Iddo stares directly into the sun. Its light burns Iddo’s eyes. Iddo quickly turns his face from the sun. With awe and amazement, Iddo begins to rejoice at this new discovery,
“My God! It is so beautiful.
Never in my wildest dreams has such beauty crossed my eyes. How could I have been so blind?
All the color,
Its rays are all around me.
I see you, oh great Sun.
You illumine my soul to yourself.
When I look at you, your image blinds me.
All my life I’ve been wondering why I can see,
And now I know where all this light comes from.
I now see who you are, oh Sun.
I never knew that all this is from you.
My life and everything around me is from you,
Yet I cannot see you because every time I look, you blind me.
All I can see right now is your flash and glance, but no more than that.
You are a great light in the sky and on earth.
I respect you for who you are.
You are the heat and light and illumination of all things.
Without you there would be no life.
My life would have never realized your glory.
I must tell others about this.”

Commentary: The rock represents logic, and the sun represents God. Essetially, this is the beginning of my realization of who God is. The reason why I cannot look directly into God is because I have not given it much thought, therefore I still think that it is possible to discern God out of reality in a dualistic framework. I still hold to my beliefs in free will and I am still a Fundamentalist Baptist Christian. The spark that spurred me on was my reading of John chapter 17. It was rather eye opening.

I am welcome to comments and criticisms. Tell me what I did wrong. If I get some feedback I will post the second chapter.
a gutter rat looking at stars
Anders Schlander

Re: Hello again.

Post by Anders Schlander »

A "worldly" attachment?

what worldliness is not attachment?

what attachment is not worldy?

I suspect this is the problem..
jufa

Post by jufa »

A Thought

If man is the dragon in the sense of being "only human," then it must be consider that all which man does becomes the dragons he has sat upon within his conscious world no matter what, with one exception Retreating into the silence where his will is dissolved, and the infinite Spirit of Life gathers his soul up into the everlasting arms of the Father. And in the arms of the Father, preparing the soul/Spirit for marriage to the Lamb so that the Principles and Patterns of the Godhead wills within the human mind, imagination, and human thought interpretation will become one, in the harmony of living in the knowledge I no longer hinder, nor can I be hindered in my odyssey of living when I am obedient to "not my will, but thy will be done. . . "I can of mine own self do nothing, the Father within, he doeth the work." [jufa]

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

http://www.theillusionofgod.com
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

The rock represents logic, and the sun represents God.Essetially, this is the beginning of my realization of who God is.The reason why I cannot look directly into God is because I have not given it much thought, therefore I still think that it is possible to discern God out of reality in a dualistic framework.I still hold to my beliefs in free will and I am still a Fundamentalist Baptist Christian.The spark that spurred me on was my reading of John chapter 17.6..It was rather eye opening.
violet ray: My name is violet ray and i speak for the white light through my brothers. If God is transcendent, then the reason may exist; that i am a blind ray. If all the colors mapped themselves on the retina of truth in text; then text in falsity is an illusion. Master Buddha would say: "the yellow beam blinds, but the universal diafragm is there; and for a violet purpose.

Maybe he means that God is somewhere in the 7. But personally i would not think that right away. Why not in the 8 or the 9....or in the 10 ? If 7 is the model of all models, then it is simply an angle. If it was 8, then it would be a model through infinity. But if 9 and 10 are different, then there is rhythm; additionaly sustained by the power of association. But how can there be any association after number 8 ? Only through sound. Any sound you like and you feel alike.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Anders Schlander wrote:A "worldly" attachment?

what worldliness is not attachment?

what attachment is not worldy?

I suspect this is the problem..
As I see it, the alleviation of all attachments is the same as ridding oneself of worldliness. The state of enlightenment is realizing that there are no differences. Just like there is no difference between a river and an eddy, there is no difference between life and death. Or in other words I need to realize that I have always been enlightened. I still experience life and death, but I do not experience it in the same way as a deluded person does. I know the illusory nature of life and death. Therefore nothing surprises me. I have no need of getting happy, or sad, or angry, or flirty. So why do I engage in these activities anyway? Because there is no difference. The delusion is thinking that some activities are absolute good and some activities are absolute bad.

The thing is that some of these activities can breed delusion if not handled carefully. I would rather be enlightened so if I ever engage in one of these activities I try to remember to be careful. This does not always happen though. The process of enlightenment is one of memory. But even if I know that I will fall for a delusion some day I will not be worried. Nature takes its course as always, and hopefully I can avoid this delusion in the first place. This is where the good and the bad can be seen. Things that are good breed enlightenment. Things that are bad breed endarkenment. I ultimately have no purpose, but I live a very purposeful life. I move and breathe and talk to others. I work at a job. I clean. I know all of these things are meaningless. So why do I do them? Because there is no difference between doing them and not doing them. Why would I rather be enlightened? Because there is no difference.

Another thing is that the engagement of some activities can cause delusion in other people. This is not very healthy in the long run, so I usually try to act in a way that will cause others to think about their decisions and beliefs. This does not always turn out though because I need to pick and choose my battles and enemies. As Jesus put it, "Become passers by." This does not always work out though. Yet I do not worry about whether or not they will eventually become saved. Why do I not worry about this? Because there is no difference between a delusional person and a saved person.

I know that I am right about all of these things. But if someone thinks that I am wrong please show me so that I can gain more knowledge.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

jufa wrote:A Thought

If man is the dragon in the sense of being "only human," then it must be consider that all which man does becomes the dragons he has sat upon within his conscious world no matter what, with one exception Retreating into the silence where his will is dissolved, and the infinite Spirit of Life gathers his soul up into the everlasting arms of the Father. And in the arms of the Father, preparing the soul/Spirit for marriage to the Lamb so that the Principles and Patterns of the Godhead wills within the human mind, imagination, and human thought interpretation will become one, in the harmony of living in the knowledge I no longer hinder, nor can I be hindered in my odyssey of living when I am obedient to "not my will, but thy will be done. . . "I can of mine own self do nothing, the Father within, he doeth the work." [jufa]

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa

http://www.theillusionofgod.com
Intersting, I might include a dragon later in the book. Thanks for the idea.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Manatron wrote: violet ray: My name is violet ray and i speak for the white light through my brothers. If God is transcendent, then the reason may exist; that i am a blind ray. If all the colors mapped themselves on the retina of truth in text; then text in falsity is an illusion. Master Buddha would say: "the yellow beam blinds, but the universal diafragm is there; and for a violet purpose.

Maybe he means that God is somewhere in the 7. But personally i would not think that right away. Why not in the 8 or the 9....or in the 10 ? If 7 is the model of all models, then it is simply an angle. If it was 8, then it would be a model through infinity. But if 9 and 10 are different, then there is rhythm; additionaly sustained by the power of association. But how can there be any association after number 8 ? Only through sound. Any sound you like and you feel alike.
Interesting comment. Perhaps you think that I think that I can visualize the Totality of God in my head somehow. In my book God is the sun, but Iddo never sees the sun. He only sees the light that comes from the sun. Remember, this is only the beginning of Iddo's journey. He still thinks that there is a transcendent God out there that can be conceptualized. He does not yet know that by God's very nature of transcendence he cannot be percieved, yet God can be perceived in parts, just as the perceivable sunbeams are a part of the sun.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Commentary: The rock represents logic, and the sun represents God. Essetially, this is the beginning of my realization of who God is. The reason why I cannot look directly into God is because I have not given it much thought, therefore I still think that it is possible to discern God out of reality in a dualistic framework. I still hold to my beliefs in free will and I am still a Fundamentalist Baptist Christian.
Enlightenment is being the light that you are, the light for which no logic can be found. There is no logic for the appearance of the sun in your conscious mind, nor is there logic for the appearance of the rock, or of your belief that you are a Fundamentalist Baptist Christian.

The key to being awakened to the light that you are that sees the sun and that sees the rock and that interprets these things according to your conditioning of the senses, is to be humbled before the unconditioned Mind of the omnipresent Creator, acknowledging to yourself that you don't know a whit of the thoughts of God.

My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are My ways your ways, saith the Lord. Logic? Dualism? Beliefs? These are your thoughts of self-righteousness, they are not the thoughts of the Christ Mind of the righteousness of omnipresence [no preference or distinction of thoughts].
Manatron

Post by Manatron »

He does not yet know that by God's very nature of transcendence he cannot be percieved, yet God can be perceived in parts, just as the perceivable sunbeams are a part of the sun.
If perceivable sunbeams are a part of the sun, then the sun still remains a whole.
There is an interesting analogy with a camera some-one wrote down but i don't remember the author(s). Every human being is equipped with a diafragm. Your eyes also have a diafragm. If the seer is widening this diafragm, then more "parts" are entered. Light is a continuum or the waves are "sticky", so some discretization (interpreting light as a "parts" phenomenon) could be useful for computer simulations in scientific endeavours. The seer can use direct observation. If Iddo widens his "internal diafragm", then answers will flood his consciousness like a fluidic continuum, that is, like a river that does not stop if the seer is not careful; there will be a biohazard or radiation danger (flooding danger) if the tuning is haphazard. On the other hand, if he is careful, then there will be no danger for all the bodies he possesses and he can continue his journey, but he will feel the tendency; more and more, to withdraw from the world, how further he gets, and here lies the secret i believe; the need for meditation or information processing. The need to process all the information he received. How more powerful the seer, how more information he absorbs when entering the world. This need (for meditation) becomes a necessity, and if the seer longs for power in the world, then he will go nuts in a sense because he resisted the Lord His call if i can phrase it like this. This is the fictional story of Iddo you talked about or the seeker and this; i must say.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

You become the giver of all things. Good/bad, ugly/beautiful, music/noise, perfumed/stink, and I am right/you are wrong.

Be that which is beyond knowledge because the source contains all knowledge, all you have to do is believe you have the answer to any question asked of you, and you do.

It really is that simple. Faith that all answers are inside of you because that is the source.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

movingalways wrote:
Enlightenment is being the light that you are, the light for which no logic can be found. There is no logic for the appearance of the sun in your conscious mind, nor is there logic for the appearance of the rock, or of your belief that you are a Fundamentalist Baptist Christian.

The key to being awakened to the light that you are that sees the sun and that sees the rock and that interprets these things according to your conditioning of the senses, is to be humbled before the unconditioned Mind of the omnipresent Creator, acknowledging to yourself that you don't know a whit of the thoughts of God.

My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are My ways your ways, saith the Lord. Logic? Dualism? Beliefs? These are your thoughts of self-righteousness, they are not the thoughts of the Christ Mind of the righteousness of omnipresence [no preference or distinction of thoughts].
If there is no logic then I cannot know anything.

Allow me to ask you this: Can I know anything about God?
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Manatron wrote:
If perceivable sunbeams are a part of the sun, then the sun still remains a whole.
There is an interesting analogy with a camera some-one wrote down but i don't remember the author(s). Every human being is equipped with a diafragm. Your eyes also have a diafragm. If the seer is widening this diafragm, then more "parts" are entered. Light is a continuum or the waves are "sticky", so some discretization (interpreting light as a "parts" phenomenon) could be useful for computer simulations in scientific endeavours. The seer can use direct observation. If Iddo widens his "internal diafragm", then answers will flood his consciousness like a fluidic continuum, that is, like a river that does not stop if the seer is not careful; there will be a biohazard or radiation danger (flooding danger) if the tuning is haphazard. On the other hand, if he is careful, then there will be no danger for all the bodies he possesses and he can continue his journey, but he will feel the tendency; more and more, to withdraw from the world, how further he gets, and here lies the secret i believe; the need for meditation or information processing. The need to process all the information he received. How more powerful the seer, how more information he absorbs when entering the world. This need (for meditation) becomes a necessity, and if the seer longs for power in the world, then he will go nuts in a sense because he resisted the Lord His call if i can phrase it like this. This is the fictional story of Iddo you talked about or the seeker and this; i must say.
Yes, as Iddo continues his journey he begins to realize the truth of the Sun. He encounters a man who instructs him. Later in the story Iddo finds himself being rejected by three different types of people. It is only when he enters the city of drunks that he actually gains any followers, and this is a few chapters down the road.

Also, you make a good point. Perhaps I should expound more upon the meditations and isolations rather than just express the interactions of Iddo with other individuals.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Beingof1 wrote:You become the giver of all things. Good/bad, ugly/beautiful, music/noise, perfumed/stink, and I am right/you are wrong.

Be that which is beyond knowledge because the source contains all knowledge, all you have to do is believe you have the answer to any question asked of you, and you do.

It really is that simple. Faith that all answers are inside of you because that is the source.
This is putting your faith in your own potential. Instead of just doing this, continue the journey and realize your potential. Your potential is realizing the truth. Then put your faith in this timeless truth.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Glostik91 wrote:
movingalways wrote:

If there is no logic then I cannot know anything.

Allow me to ask you this: Can I know anything about God?
You do not know anything; you are a compilation of inherited DNA traits from your ancestors and beliefs [human knowledge] given to you by parents, siblings, friends, etc. Everything you believe you know is but an extension of 'they say'. No thought is original to the human mind. Recycled, every one.

The belief in logic is the belief that one can conclude their thoughts; this is impossible.

All you can know of God or Life is that It is living you in every moment of your awareness. You are free to try and find logic in or to or of this infinite/eternal living of you, but since this expression of you as an emanation of Life is a continuum of unseen, unknown thought of which you are a conduit, you will find no [logical] beginning or [logical] ending to you.
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Glostik91 wrote:Hello again. If you do not remember who I am, I am the Christian who began posting several months ago primarily about the gospel of Thomas. It has certainly been an eventful time for me personally. Everything that I have ever believed in has been questioned, and now after many months of waiting, studying, and meditating, I am ready to claim that I am enlightened. Perhaps I am not 100 percent enlightened knowing that to be 100 percent enlightened means that my consciousness is empty all day and all night, and that I have zero worldy attachments, but I think that I have progressed the path for some time now. I have read both Kevin's and David's book twice and I have read all the gospels, I am 2/3 the way through Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and I have spent a lot of time contemplating and debating the truth with other people. I realize that this proclamation may seem sudden and/or suspicious, but I have two proofs to offer. Before I offer them I must say that I only wish to alleviate this information to this forum because this place could greatly help my spiritual journey toward total emptiness and the alleviation of all worldliness. This statement is not prideful in any way. I do not wish to draw attention to something that is illusory. I merely wish to present the proofs. My first proof is my frequent posting on this website: [ http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forum ... ic=13242.0 ] I am Jason K. My other proof is the book I am writing. It is about a man named Iddo the Seer. It is basically one large metaphor describing the process by which I have become enlightened so far. Since chapter one is not a very long chapter I will post it here along with some commentary afterwards.

Iddo the Seer
Chapter 1
Iddo the Seer is walking in the forest one day when, suddenly, a large rock flings itself from the sun. It hurtles on fire through the air and smashes into the dirt near Iddo. Iddo is alerted by its presence and walks over to it. It is as black as ebony and rather large. Iddo is getting somewhat tired so he sits down upon it. The rock is warm to the touch, and it begins to comfort Iddo. Iddo then begins to wonder, “Where did this rock come from?” Iddo continues to sit until he notices a bright light in the sky. Curiously, Iddo stares directly into the sun. Its light burns Iddo’s eyes. Iddo quickly turns his face from the sun. With awe and amazement, Iddo begins to rejoice at this new discovery,
“My God! It is so beautiful.
Never in my wildest dreams has such beauty crossed my eyes. How could I have been so blind?
All the color,
Its rays are all around me.
I see you, oh great Sun.
You illumine my soul to yourself.
When I look at you, your image blinds me.
All my life I’ve been wondering why I can see,
And now I know where all this light comes from.
I now see who you are, oh Sun.
I never knew that all this is from you.
My life and everything around me is from you,
Yet I cannot see you because every time I look, you blind me.
All I can see right now is your flash and glance, but no more than that.
You are a great light in the sky and on earth.
I respect you for who you are.
You are the heat and light and illumination of all things.
Without you there would be no life.
My life would have never realized your glory.
I must tell others about this.”

Commentary: The rock represents logic, and the sun represents God. Essetially, this is the beginning of my realization of who God is. The reason why I cannot look directly into God is because I have not given it much thought, therefore I still think that it is possible to discern God out of reality in a dualistic framework. I still hold to my beliefs in free will.......
Most people believe in ordinary "free will" but no wise people do, so though you may be on a good healthy spiritual path you will know that enlightenment is much closer when this one here flips.
And moreso when it flopps.

Nothing to sweat about if you're but a very young man.
FOREIGNER
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

movingalways wrote:
You do not know anything; you are a compilation of inherited DNA traits from your ancestors and beliefs [human knowledge] given to you by parents, siblings, friends, etc. Everything you believe you know is but an extension of 'they say'. No thought is original to the human mind. Recycled, every one.

The belief in logic is the belief that one can conclude their thoughts; this is impossible.

All you can know of God or Life is that It is living you in every moment of your awareness. You are free to try and find logic in or to or of this infinite/eternal living of you, but since this expression of you as an emanation of Life is a continuum of unseen, unknown thought of which you are a conduit, you will find no [logical] beginning or [logical] ending to you.
Your comment is interesting. You say that a belief in logic is a belief that one can conclude thier thoughts which you then suggest that it is impossible to do this. Then you go on to say that all I can know is that God is living in me every moment of my awareness. Allow me to ask. Is not this supposition a conclusion of thought?
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

Foreigner wrote:Most people believe in ordinary "free will" but no wise people do, so though you may be on a good healthy spiritual path you will know that enlightenment is much closer when this one here flips.
And moreso when it flopps.

Nothing to sweat about if you're but a very young man.
I like your comment, but I don't entirely understand what you mean when you say flopp. Perhaps it means that I know that I actually do have free will. Given that "I" in this sentence means the Infinite.
Glostik91

Post by Glostik91 »

I have found the conversation so far to be relatively stimulating, therefore I will post the second chapter:

There is a tree nearby. It is an enormous tree with branches that stretch out in many directions toward the Sun and roots which plunge deep beneath the earth. Suddenly, the tree begins to speak to Iddo,
“Ah, you must be Iddo the Seer.
I have heard about you from the other trees.
But am I wrong to address you as the Seer?
What can you see Iddo?
Can you see my roots buried beneath the ground?
I think not.
Can you see my heartwood which is concealed beneath my barked layers?
I think not.
Can you see my thoughts?
I think not,
Oh great, mighty, and Seeing Iddo!”
What can’t you see?
Can’t you see the rock you are sitting upon is having nightmares while you sit upon it?
In my opinion, its very nature is to have nightmares,
And your thoughts of this rock are certainly full of them.
How can you just sit there and rest?
Arise and leave this place for good.
You are no longer welcome here oh Iddo the Seer.”
Iddo stares straight into the face of this mighty tree for a few seconds. He then begins to speak,
“You are a mighty tree, but what is mighty will fall.
What is deep will become uprooted.
What is wide will collapse.
My thoughts are of this rock.
There is no shame in thinking of rocks.”
The tree replies,
“Why will you think of rocks Iddo?
What you think about you will become.
Do you dare become a rock!?”
Iddo replies,
“When I arise from my slumber then you will know.
I may become a rock,
But I will not remain in such a state.”
The tree replies,
“Your meaning ceases when you sit upon rocks!
You can no longer grow tall.
You can no longer dig deep.
You will never become great and impressive like me.”
Iddo walks over to the tree and lays his hands on it.
“Awaken from your slumber.
You are blind but I will make you see!”
Iddo puts both his hands on the trees eyes and says,
“I command you to awaken!”
The tree replies,
“What are you doing Iddo!?
How dare you say that I cannot see?
I’m afraid you are not articulate enough to do anything to me.”
Iddo replies,
“It is the nature of trees to be blind to everything except the earth.
I want to awaken you to the Sun where you get your life from.”
The tree replies,
“The Sun?!?
What sort of thing is this,
And why do you say that it is where I get my life from?
Who are you to suggest such a thing?”
Iddo replies,
“Can you not see the Sun which shines upon my face?
Can you not feel its rays?
Are you not absorbing its heat?
Are you not feeding off of its light?
Oh great tree open your eyes!”
The tree replies,
“You are a fool Iddo!
I do not feel this Sun, or its rays.
It is my leaves that give me food.
It is my bark that keeps me warm.
Oh Iddo the blind,
I can surely see,
But you obviously cannot.”
Iddo flings himself from the tree and looks toward the sun,
“Rahhh! Oh Sun,
You who I cannot stand to see,
Yet I see you in all your glory.
I beg you, show yourself to this tree.
Prove to everyone that You are the life giver of all.”
The tree replies,
“Leave this place Iddo.
You are a bad joke and no longer welcome here.”
Iddo turns to the tree and shakes his head.

Commentary: The tree represents my discussions with atheists on a forum about one year ago. The atheists in this case are strict evolutionists and scientists. I chose them to be trees because trees are very much attached to the earth just like scientists, yet they try to reach for the sun with their branches, but they will never be able to reach the sun because their branches will always be too short. Also, scientists tend to be individual. Well, at least scientists who do something great. Anyway, the dialouge represents the discussions I had with them. My futile attempts were shot down by their science and mocking attitudes. I was dissapointed at this downturn, but it caused me to, as it were, leave the forest. In other words I stopped posting on the forum.