system of ethics based on realization of ultimate reality

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
cousinbasil

Re: system of ethics based on realization of ultimate realit

Post by cousinbasil »

movingalways wrote:Diebert, everything you have said to me, up and including your response above, is of the human mind. You believe yourself to be only human; I do not.
How dare you insinuate Diebert is only human!

Diebert is in fact attempting to steer your thinking in a (more) productive direction.
This means to let go of the idea of logic/emotion, ethics/morals [shadow intellectualism] and begin living unconditionally, who and what one is of the moment. To stop the mental masturbation of thinking about, and begin to living the being of. To stop resurrecting the memories of one's 'they say' past and be guided only by one's conscience NOW. To thine own conscience, be true.
GF is where we do the mental masturbation!
Entity

Post by Entity »

I don't see the point of an ethical system...
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

otiosedodge, let me recommend a book for you: Against Ethics

In short, ethical systems are for stupid people who can't figure out what is good or bad without someone handing them a rulebook. True ethical behavior must come from within, it can not come from blindly following a set of rules.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

DHodhes wrote:In short, ethical systems are for stupid people who can't figure out what is good or bad without someone handing them a rulebook. True ethical behavior must come from within, it can not come from blindly following a set of rules.
When are rules meant to be followed blindly? If ethical behavior is ever to come from within, one must ask how it got there in the first place. People are not born capable of ethical behavior.