Romance

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kelly Jones

Re: Romance

Post by Kelly Jones »

Jupta asked you to provide proof for your conclusion that he lacked wisdom, with, as he put it "proof of how all of my arguments are wrong." That contains the reasoning for his conclusion, namely, that A's lack of wisdom means all A's arguments are wrong, and your claim of his lacking wisdom means you claim all his arguments are wrong. So, to answer your question, the reason why I didn't ask Jupta to substantiate his conclusion with reasoning, was because such a request would be utterly superfluous.
Could it be your personal bias and chronic lack of fairmindedness?
Can you provide evidence to support this conclusion? And, while you're at it, what evidence do you have that I have "absorbed the views of "wise misogyny" perfectly using the feminine receptive energy, now [I'm] simply spitting it back out like a perfectly programmed machine"? Also, where do I "make rash judgments about people before actually understanding their worldview"?
Kelly: You haven't responded to quite a few of my questions, and you've been repeating that habit with Jupta also.

Carmel: yes, that's true.
Yet they are fair-minded, and biased towards reason. Maybe, the reason why you refused to explain why you found those certain things attractive or unattractive - the woodsy smell, for instance - was because you realised that it was something that you couldn't rationally explain, like an old habit of following a Feng Shui instruction.

[edit: To explore more of Carmel's worldview, to see if I have been rash in my above judgments.... ]
Also, I don't find your habit of playing armchair psychologist useful. You're not disciplined in your approach. You make rash judgments about people before actually understanding their worldview. In my case, you cherry picked statements to suit your agenda and overlooked more relevant statements i.e. I previously said: "I'm inclined toward autonomy." This is far more psychologically revealing than some of the issues you chose to focus your attention on.

So, I'll ask you, why is it that you needed to view me as being a dreamy eyed romantic, when, in fact, I'm not?
I don't know why I should explore things I agree with. But if you would only explain why you found certain attributes attractive or not attractive, then the matter would be acceptable to me. It doesn't look very open-minded if you say what you value, but cannot explain why.

Now, onto "autonomy". Is your meaning for "autonomy" the same as "individuality, thinking for oneself" or "being a law unto oneself, and never associating one's values or ideas with those of others, even if those ideas are true, because to align oneself with another person is to stop thinking for oneself" ?

Do you agree that a person with a strong mind can walk in the shadow of another person without aligning themselves with them; they have no problem discriminating differences between their own thought and another's; and they can connect with others without going over to them?

Last edited by Kelly Jones on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

David Quinn wrote:Philosophy should be an all-consuming love-letter to the Infinite, an expression of one's deepest passion for truth, not a spring-cleaning exercise for a life of worldly pleasure.
Maybe the happiness/pleasure in life you recieve is a gift from the Infinite, for all the happiness/pleasure you have given to others .
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

Kelly: Jupta asked you to provide proof for your conclusion that he lacked wisdom, with, as he put it "proof of how all of my arguments are wrong." That contains the reasoning for his conclusion, namely, that A's lack of wisdom means all A's arguments are wrong, and your claim of his lacking wisdom means you claim all his arguments are wrong. So, to answer your question, the reason why I didn't ask Jupta to substantiate his conclusion with reasoning, was because such a request would be utterly superfluous.

Carmel:
This is what I mean by "mental clutter."
His whole argument was essentially nothing more than 'wisdom by default' It's logically fallacious. I can't believe I have to point this out to you. Well, actually, I can.
--

I already explained to you why I usually ignore you. Do you really need me to restate it?

edit:
You edited your post, toned it down a bit...I'll give a considered response later...
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Carmel wrote:Kelly: Jupta asked you to provide proof for your conclusion that he lacked wisdom, with, as he put it "proof of how all of my arguments are wrong." That contains the reasoning for his conclusion, namely, that A's lack of wisdom means all A's arguments are wrong, and your claim of his lacking wisdom means you claim all his arguments are wrong. So, to answer your question, the reason why I didn't ask Jupta to substantiate his conclusion with reasoning, was because such a request would be utterly superfluous.

Carmel: This is what I mean by "mental clutter."
His whole argument was essentially nothing more than 'wisdom by default' It's logically fallacious. I can't believe I have to point this out to you. Well, actually, I can.
Wisdom is based on a perfect intellectual understanding. That is the essence of Jupta's argument. He does offer arguments, so it would be utterly mistaken to say that his argument is that he is wise by default. So the mental clutter is your own lack of understanding, Carmel.

The indication of whether Jupta's arguments are wise, or not, can be found through analysing the arguments. In the case in question, Jupta seeks evidence for rationality and masculine psychology; if they are not present, he concludes that there is no evidence, or at least not enough to suggest rationality. So far, I do think he is right, but of course, as soon as the evidence appears, the conclusion will change.....

Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Kelly Jones wrote:Wisdom is based on a perfect intellectual understanding.
What ever happened to Wisdom of the heart ? Compassion? Intellectual understanding is only 1/2 of it . (Wisdom)
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

that's not what he was arguing at all. I guess you missed it.

So Kelly, do you consider yourself to be wise? Do you really think that intellectual understanding is all that's necessary?

What about application of such knowledge?

Several people here think you're self righteous, including me, why do you think that is?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Carmel wrote:It's as though you've decided that you already know all the answers. There are many people here you could learn from(not me, of course;)...you need only ask them, I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you...or you can choose to continue being a slave to your ego.
The way I see it, jupviv's understanding on the nature of absolutes appears very raw. He foolishly extends the nature of absolutes into empirical matters which is a sign of either a severe form of mental rigidity, and/or a flawed understanding of the nature of absolutes.

It's evidenced in the way he refuses to distinguish between rape and consensual intercourse by ignoring or not recognizing the contradiction that consent is some how mutually exclusive from sex, but not from other types of behavior, and also in a previous discussion I was having with him about whether or not social systems like democracy produce different results from that of say, a dictatorship, by ignoring the fact that democratic nations produce a higher quality of life for their citizens.

True wisdom in one sense makes the mind firm enough to support enlightened consciousness, while at the same time flexible enough to work effectively when presented with a varying array of thoughts, systems, and ideas. I do believe he has a handle on the nature of absolutes, and with time there's a chance his mind will open up enough to free it from it's current state of gridlock.
Atum

Post by Atum »

Nick likes to masturbate. If you keep that fact in mind it makes everything he says sound pretty funny.
Nick

Post by Nick »

skipair wrote:
I don't doubt that you've been through an extraordinary journey. I just want to find out if it's anything like what I've been through. I want to be able to see you like I see all of my spiritual brethren. Sometimes I think I can see you, and I think you can see me, but I want to make sure neither of us is seeing a mirage.
Sure, I can relate.

Of course, it's not really about that, is it. :)
Well, in a sense, it is. I often view others as an extension of myself, and just the way I like to sort things out in my mind, I like to sort things out in other minds as well.
Eventually, I realized I didn't have to search anymore. I'd killed everything. Everything was bullshit. I could either die, or re-enter the world and live a life according to my best judgment. There are pleasures to be had in the world, so I chose to live.
The idea that everything is bullshit is just one way of looking at things. There's no reason for you believe this idea, one which upset you so much as to cause you to drop out from your spiritual journey, is all the truth has to offer. So I have to ask, why on earth would you build your life on purposelessness? Are those emotional and chemical highs you get really the reason? Or are you just scared of what the spiritual path has left in store for you?
Nick

Post by Nick »

skipair wrote:For the record, if I had David's values, I would agree, and I would make exactly the same assessment.
It's not really about values. It just is what it is. The only reason I can think of as to why you aren't making the same assessment of yourself is that it hurts your ego too much to see things as they really are.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Atum wrote:Nick likes to masturbate. If you keep that fact in mind it makes everything he says sound pretty funny.
Oh?
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Carmel wrote:In the context of this forum, I classify people by degrees of intellectual and applied wisdom, not alpha/beta.
If that's true then you should put me at the top of that list. :-) The term "insecure beta ape" sounded very much like something the kind of person I described would say - the kind of person who also likes saying "I don't really hang out with the beta males/second grade males." I could be wrong, of course.
Understanding truth intellectually is not enough if one fails to demontrate it in speech and behaviour as is too often the case with you.
Well, I do speak the truth when I'm speaking about it, which is better than most people. But I take your point. I know I'm not perfect. I'm 19 years old, and I've been thinking seriously about these things for about 5 months. I believe I've reached a perfect understanding of Reality(and thereby also experience it directly), but I've still a long way to go.
It's as though you've decided that you already know all the answers. There are many people here you could learn from(not me, of course;)...you need only ask them, I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you...or you can choose to continue being a slave to your ego.

I do ask people I think I could learn from - they're just generally not among the current posters of this forum. More importantly, I analyse my own ideas constantly, but that's not something I can demonstrate.
Atum

Post by Atum »

Nick Treklis wrote:
Atum wrote:Nick likes to masturbate. If you keep that fact in mind it makes everything he says sound pretty funny.
Oh?
Doesn't sound like a denial.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Nick Treklis wrote:He foolishly extends the nature of absolutes into empirical matters which is a sign of either a severe form of mental rigidity, and/or a flawed understanding of the nature of absolutes.

There is no difference between absolutes and empirical truths - at least no inherent difference. The distinction made is purely for the sake of convenience. For example, it's an absolute truth that I'm typing this at this point of time.
It's evidenced in the way he refuses to distinguish between rape and consensual intercourse by ignoring or not recognizing the contradiction that consent is some how mutually exclusive from sex
How do you define consent? I define it as a conscious agreement, so consent is impossible in the case of sex as it occurs among humans. If you think that is wrong, you have to say why. I also liked to masturbate(like all teenagers), but at one point of time I found it impossible to masturbate. My conscious mind always got in the way of what I was doing.
and also in a previous discussion I was having with him about whether or not social systems like democracy produce different results from that of say, a dictatorship, by ignoring the fact that democratic nations produce a higher quality of life for their citizens.
I remember that discussion, but I don't remember denying that democratic countries have a higher quality of life.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Atum wrote:
Nick Treklis wrote:
Oh?
Doesn't sound like a denial.
What are you on about?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Somebody write something romantic please :)
Nick

Post by Nick »

jupiviv wrote:
Nick Treklis wrote:He foolishly extends the nature of absolutes into empirical matters which is a sign of either a severe form of mental rigidity, and/or a flawed understanding of the nature of absolutes.

There is no difference between absolutes and empirical truths - at least no inherent difference. The distinction made is purely for the sake of convenience.
And that "mere convenience" is the foundation upon which we build our understanding of the world in a coherent manner, making anything possible, including enlightenment. Just because differences aren't inherent, doesn't mean they aren't important. Trying to blend everything together as if there were no distinction to be made is a denial of reality itself, and ultimately insane.
jupiviv wrote:How do you define consent? I define it as a conscious agreement, so consent is impossible in the case of sex as it occurs among humans.
If that's how you're defining consent, sure, but keep in mind that's only one way of defining it, and in the context of the discussions you have had about rape, that definition of yours isn't useful. I mean, nobody is talking about whether the two individuals involved are conscious except you. So, in the context of which consent and rape are being discussed, one need only to make a distinction in willingness, not consciousness. Nuance of context is what appears to escape you.

Also if your definition of consent (conscious agreement) is what we're going by, then nobody can ever have consented to anything except for a handful of sages; so for instance if I "unconsciously consented" to letting someone borrow my car for the weekend, it would be justifiable to prosecute that person for theft because I was not "consciously consenting" to them borrowing it. Silly isn't it? That you fail to see this is an example of that mental rigidity I mentioned.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion -
I have shudder'd at it.
I shudder no more.
I could be martyr'd for my religion
Love is my religion
And I could die for that.
I could die for you.
~ by John Keats ~
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Kelly: Jupta asked you to provide proof for your conclusion that he lacked wisdom, with, as he put it "proof of how all of my arguments are wrong." That contains the reasoning for his conclusion, namely, that A's lack of wisdom means all A's arguments are wrong, and your claim of his lacking wisdom means you claim all his arguments are wrong. So, to answer your question, the reason why I didn't ask Jupta to substantiate his conclusion with reasoning, was because such a request would be utterly superfluous.

Carmel: This is what I mean by "mental clutter." His whole argument was essentially nothing more than 'wisdom by default' It's logically fallacious. I can't believe I have to point this out to you. Well, actually, I can.

Kelly: Wisdom is based on a perfect intellectual understanding. That is the essence of Jupta's argument. He does offer arguments, so it would be utterly mistaken to say that his argument is that he is wise by default. So the mental clutter is your own lack of understanding, Carmel.

The indication of whether Jupta's arguments are wise, or not, can be found through analysing the arguments. In the case in question, Jupta seeks evidence for rationality and masculine psychology; if they are not present, he concludes that there is no evidence, or at least not enough to suggest rationality. So far, I do think he is right, but of course, as soon as the evidence appears, the conclusion will change.....

Carmel: that's not what he was arguing at all. I guess you missed it.
Well, I'm referring to the point you made that Jupta was lacking wisdom, presumably because you didn't agree with his assessment of you as not having sufficient rationality on which to base a psychological analysis, which in turn was his response to me in regards to the existence of the opening post. Phew! Got all that? And, is that what you were disagreeing with? What Nick has subsequently pointed to, is not in my opinion relevant to his assessment of you, so I think it ought to be ignored. And even if it were relevant, I don't agree with its essence, even though he might be right about Jupta's rawness. But hell, Jupta's 19 years old - so I think he'll sort out any mistakes he makes very quickly.
So Kelly, do you consider yourself to be wise?
I'm not perfect, but I've made sufficient progress to regard myself as well and truly on the right track.
Do you really think that intellectual understanding is all that's necessary? What about application of such knowledge?
It seems you having been reading a small minority of my posts. I've been talking about that consistently over the last few weeks. See: here, and in this very thread: here, here, here, very explicitly here, here, here..... Need I go on?
Several people here think you're self righteous, including me, why do you think that is?
You are attached to your intellectual flaws, and want to prevent analysis of those things, rather than supporting a win-win situation by sharing around the benefits of a public education.

Carmel

Post by Carmel »

Kelly: And, while you're at it, what evidence do you have that I have "absorbed the views of "wise misogyny" perfectly using the feminine receptive energy, now [I'm] simply spitting it back out like a perfectly programmed machine"?

Carmel:
It's the evangelism and lack of solid reasoning, also the predictability of your responses. You speak like a religious person, as if you're views were not considered, but memorized. I don't see much independant thought in your answers regarding women, just a rehashing of what's been said already.

Also, When I've challenged your views, I get dismissive reponses. i.e. I asked you to list some positive feminine attributes, you know as well as I that they exist, yet you can't bring yourself to list even one trait. Your mind seems to be closed on the matter.

Kelly:
The irrelevant responses you give me also confirm my perception. Also, where do I "make rash judgments about people before actually understanding their worldview"?

Carmel:
I already addressed this more than once, again, you're not listening.

Kelly: You haven't responded to quite a few of my questions, and you've been repeating that habit with Jupta also.

Carmel:
..because most of what I say, you don't hear.
It's self evident in your responses.

Kelly:
Maybe, the reason why you refused to explain why you found those certain things attractive or unattractive - the woodsy smell, for instance - was because you realised that it was something that you couldn't rationally explain, like an old habit of following a Feng Shui instruction.

Carmel:
No, I could easily explain the preference. I have a reverence for nature, the woods, in particular. I'm more likely to be attracted to a man who is down to earth, and appreciates nature as I do, hence the "woodsy smell".

[edit: To explore more of Carmel's worldview, to see if I have been rash in my above judgments.... ]

Kelly:
I don't know why I should explore things I agree with. But if you would only explain why you found certain attributes attractive or not attractive, then the matter would be acceptable to me. It doesn't look very open-minded if you say what you value, but cannot explain why.

Carmel:
You're wrong. It's was never a matter of not being able to explain, but choosing not to.

Kelly:
Now, onto "autonomy". Is your meaning for "autonomy" the same as "individuality, thinking for oneself" or "being a law unto oneself, and never associating one's values or ideas with those of others, even if those ideas are true, because to align oneself with another person is to stop thinking for oneself" ?

Carmel:
By "autonomy", I simply meant self reliant, not being dependent upon another. I meant it in the more practical sense.

Kelly:
Do you agree that a person with a strong mind can walk in the shadow of another person without aligning themselves with them; they have no problem discriminating differences between their own thought and another's; and they can connect with others without going over to them?

Carmel:
Suffice it to say, I know the truth when I see it. I can tell by the way it resonates, both intellectually and intuitively.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

There is no remedy but to love more. — Henry David Thoreau

In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love, you want the other person.”
Margaret Chase Smith quotes (American Senator, 1897-1995)

Romantic love is mental illness. But it's a pleasurable one. It's a drug. It distorts reality, and that's the point of it. It would be impossible to fall in love with someone that you really saw.”
Fran Lebowitz quotes (American Writer and Humorist, b.1950)
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Nick Treklis wrote:And that "mere convenience" is the foundation upon which we build our understanding of the world in a coherent manner, making anything possible, including enlightenment. Just because differences aren't inherent, doesn't mean they aren't important. Trying to blend everything together as if there were no distinction to be made is a denial of reality itself, and ultimately insane.
I'm not blending anything that's not already blended in. Though the enlightened person makes a distinction between empirical and absolute truths, he doesn't need to use that distinction in his own thinking - that's what I was saying.
If that's how you're defining consent, sure, but keep in mind that's only one way of defining it
It's the only one that is reasonable. Otherwise we'd have to give animals, rocks and trees the habeus corpus.

"Do you understand your rights as I have explained them to you?"

"Woof!"
in the context of the discussions you have had about rape, that definition of yours isn't useful. I mean, nobody is talking about whether the two individuals involved are conscious except you.
The context(for me) was that people were wrongly distinguishing between consensual sex and rape. So I had to talk about whether two people are conscious during sex.
Also if your definition of consent (conscious agreement) is what we're going by, then nobody can ever have consented to anything except for a handful of sages; so for instance if I "unconsciously consented" to letting someone borrow my car for the weekend, it would be justifiable to prosecute that person for theft because I was not "consciously consenting" to them borrowing it. Silly isn't it? That you fail to see this is an example of that mental rigidity I mentioned.
That's not true. Some consents are actually consents, i.e, conscious(albeit not highly so.) In the case you mentioned - ideally, the person can be prosecuted if he took advantage of your lack of consciousness(if you and he were conscious that you owned the car). But then there is the matter of deciding(on the basis of empirical evidence) whether you were in fact unconscious, or lying about it or feigning it.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Kelly Jones wrote:What Nick has subsequently pointed to, is not in my opinion relevant to his assessment of you, so I think it ought to be ignored.
Ignored by whom? To be clear, my assessment of jupviv wasn't meant to oppose or support his assessment of carmel. Rather, I was using one of her statements (which has some truth to it) as a basis to bring something much deeper to his attention.
Kelly Jones wrote:And even if it were relevant, I don't agree with its essence, even though he might be right about Jupta's rawness.
I don't think you properly understood it's essence then, unless for some strange reason you don't think a little constructive criticism will do him any good. Perhaps my above statement clarified the essence for you.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Carmel wrote:Kelly: And, while you're at it, what evidence do you have that I have "absorbed the views of "wise misogyny" perfectly using the feminine receptive energy, now [I'm] simply spitting it back out like a perfectly programmed machine"?

Carmel: It's the evangelism and lack of solid reasoning, also the predictability of your responses. You speak like a religious person, as if you're views were not considered, but memorized. I don't see much independant thought in your answers regarding women, just a rehashing of what's been said already.
I'm not sure what your issue here is, actually. Is it:

- that what has been said already regarding women lacks solid reasoning, in your view? If so, what is it, precisely, that you regard as "lacking solid reasoning", and what are you comparing it to?

- that anyone who understands, and accepts the concept of feminine-mindedness as enormously disadvantageous in the pursuit of wisdom, may not present it in the same way as others have done?

- that anyone who presents feminine-mindedness as enormously disadvantageous in the pursuit of wisdom, with passion, doesn't understand the concept?

- that anyone who presents feminine-mindedness as enormously disadvantageous in the pursuit of wisdom, in a way that recalls what others have said, doesn't understand the concept?

Also, When I've challenged your views, I get dismissive reponses. i.e. I asked you to list some positive feminine attributes, you know as well as I that they exist, yet you can't bring yourself to list even one trait. Your mind seems to be closed on the matter.
Not at all. Here is my response again:
Kelly: That's the only reason I challenged you on your "preferences". And, it is the only reason that I try to articulate what Woman is, and why I "boringly" explain how She's such an obstruction to philosophical progress. You see, Woman isn't everything. She's an unwanted tenant, noisy, irrational, and unhelpful. She can be kicked out. But only if one wishes to be fair-minded, reasonable, patient, strong-willed, and purposeful.

Carmel: I agree that those are admirable traits, that all of us should strive toward possessing; however, even if I manage to achieve all of those states of being, they would exist in conjunction with my feminine qualities, not instead of them. Also, there do exist some feminine qualities that are admirable. I won't list them now, perhaps you can manage this task as a testament to your "fair-mindedness"? ;)

Kelly: Fair-mindedness doesn't mean lying, in my view. If I thought feminine qualities included consciousness-supporting, I'd list them. But I don't see any such, or at least, not any that aren't improved by masculine qualities, and are on their own not substantial enough to list.
So, I was neither dismissive, nor closed-minded. I gave you a clear answer. I honestly don't see any feminine qualities that are consciousness-supporting, that aren't bettered by masculine qualities. Whenever I think of a quality that I see in women that would superficially be regarded as valuable, like their tendency to sit quietly and say nothing, it usually turns out that they're silent not from intelligence or patience, but because of arrogance (they think the conversation or the activity in question is rubbish), or because of ignorance (they can't contribute from embarrassment at their own incompetence, and are too shy to do anything about it).
The irrelevant responses you give me also confirm my perception. Also, where do I "make rash judgments about people before actually understanding their worldview"?

Carmel: I already addressed this more than once, again, you're not listening.
You addressed it how? You mentioned that I overlooked your valuing of autonomy, in favour of criticising your romantic preferences. I responded that it would do no good to focus on what I agreed with. But, again, to give you the benefit of the doubt (which I seem to do a lot these days), I explored your valuing of autonomy. You haven't responded. So what's going on, is not that I make rash judgments, but that other people are offended by my judgments.

Carmel: ..because most of what I say, you don't hear.
It's self evident in your responses.
On the contrary, I push you to explain your responses. Replying that you don't want to explain your answers is blatantly ridiculous and discourteous. If you don't want to engage in a discussion, then indicate that you've had enough. People will understand that. Or say, "I'm not comfortable discussing this publicly." The way you leave your answers hanging ambiguously is an evasion, pure and simple.

Kelly: Maybe, the reason why you refused to explain why you found those certain things attractive or unattractive - the woodsy smell, for instance - was because you realised that it was something that you couldn't rationally explain, like an old habit of following a Feng Shui instruction.

Carmel: No, I could easily explain the preference.
Well, finally, Carmel.

I have a reverence for nature, the woods, in particular. I'm more likely to be attracted to a man who is down to earth, and appreciates nature as I do, hence the "woodsy smell".
Okay, but why not the odour of pig manure, since that is natural and down-to-earth. What about the bloody smell of a man who has butchered a goat? Is there less appreciation of nature in these things?

Kelly: I don't know why I should explore things I agree with. But if you would only explain why you found certain attributes attractive or not attractive, then the matter would be acceptable to me. It doesn't look very open-minded if you say what you value, but cannot explain why.

Carmel: You're wrong. It's was never a matter of not being able to explain, but choosing not to.
Why did you change your mind?

Kelly: Now, onto "autonomy". Is your meaning for "autonomy" the same as "individuality, thinking for oneself" or "being a law unto oneself, and never associating one's values or ideas with those of others, even if those ideas are true, because to align oneself with another person is to stop thinking for oneself" ?

Carmel: By "autonomy", I simply meant self reliant, not being dependent upon another. I meant it in the more practical sense.

Kelly: Do you agree that a person with a strong mind can walk in the shadow of another person without aligning themselves with them; they have no problem discriminating differences between their own thought and another's; and they can connect with others without going over to them?

Carmel: Suffice it to say, I know the truth when I see it. I can tell by the way it resonates, both intellectually and intuitively.
So, do you think, given this, that it is possible that someone who speaks about wise misogyny using the same terms as another can be self-reliant?

Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Nick Treklis wrote:Kelly: What Nick has subsequently pointed to, is not in my opinion relevant to his assessment of you, so I think it ought to be ignored.

Nick: Ignored by whom? To be clear, my assessment of jupviv wasn't meant to oppose or support his assessment of carmel. Rather, I was using one of her statements (which has some truth to it) as a basis to bring something much deeper to his attention.
Ignored by Carmel. She's shown that she relies on other people's opinions to back up her own. I think the aim of this thread ought to be kept in mind, rather than letting it spin out of control into a free-for-all. It should be kept in mind that this thread aims to critique romance, and the psychological traits that relate to romance. Don't make it more complicated! Diebert's objection is one of the most productive responses so far, in terms of helping to hone the concept of romance.

Kelly Jones wrote:And even if it were relevant, I don't agree with its essence, even though he might be right about Jupta's rawness.

Nick: I don't think you properly understood it's essence then, unless for some strange reason you don't think a little constructive criticism will do him any good. Perhaps my above statement clarified the essence for you.
I think that "willingness" (unconscious or feminine-minded consent) really can't be said to be consent, but rather submission. In the same way, a feminine minded person can be very rebellious and defensive, but not from any reasons. Since they don't actually know why they disagree, or why they consent, how can they be said to be disagreeing or consenting? I don't think one needs to be a full-blown sage to be able to agree or disagree, though, in case that's what Jupta is saying.