God and Logic are Connected!

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

When it is said there is no logic for existence, it is saying existence is purposeless. That creation is nothing more than one's thoughts. However, undiscovered answers are facing humanity about to be revealed in time. As there is a time for everything.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 Time

1) There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.
3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build.
4) A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
5) A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
6) A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away.
7) A time to rend, and a time to sew, a time to be silent, and a time to speak.
8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

"Call to Me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." (NIV) New International Version Jeremiah 33:3

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. (NKJV) New King James Version Jeremiah 33:3
Pincho Paxton

Re: God and Logic are Connected!

Post by Pincho Paxton »

mensa-maniac wrote:God and Logic are Connected!

When it is said there is no logic for existence, it is saying existence is purposeless. That creation is nothing more than one's thoughts. However, undiscovered answers are facing humanity about to be revealed in time. As there is a time for everything.

1) There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.
3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build.
5) A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.

"Call to Me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." (NIV) New International Version Jeremiah 33:3

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. (NKJV) New King James Version Jeremiah 33:3
You are trying to confirm the Bible story with the Bible story. You can't do that.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Saying there is no logic for existence is not saying existence is purposeless. It is saying that its purpose cannot be known by the intellect. God is infinitely, eternally, purposing Itself. Can the I of my intellect see this purposing? No. Can the I of my intellect touch this purposing? No? Hear it, taste it, smell it? No. Heart beats, eyelids blink, stomach juices digest - does the I of my intellect know the purpose of this beating, blinking and digesting? No. Oh, it can analyze these activities of God's thinking on the flesh surface of cause and effect - the heart beats the blood, the blood stores the oxygen, the oxygen goes to the brain - this is called the logic of "heart beating", but ask the intellect what is the purpose for LIFE TO BE so that the heart and eyes and stomach are caused to be, and it is silenced. The intellect sees only the surface world of thought and interprets purpose from this limited, conditioned perspective.

There is indeed a time for everything under the sun. (Things of one's temporal sense awareness). The great and mighty things referenced in the scripture can be perceived as referencing man's temporal, spatial human knowledge, but have you ever considered that these words might also be referring to knowledge of that which is beyond the temporal human realm? "The Christ in you, your hope of glory?"
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Pincho Paxton wrote:

You are trying to confirm the Bible story with the Bible story. You can't do that.
Mensa says: People who read Nietzche or Po chuang, or Gita Bhagavad, do the same thing!
The Bible proves itself! Those men are mere humans.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Pincho Paxton wrote:

Mensa says: People who read Nietzche or Po chuang, or Gita Bhagavad, do the same thing!
The Bible proves itself! Those men are mere humans.
Now you are trying to use three more paradox to confirm your first paradox. If Nietzche can paradoxically confirm itself, and Gita Bhagavad can paradoxically confirm itself, then the Bible can paradoxically confirm itself. That's like saying...

If 1 + 1 = 3, and 2 + 2 = 5 then 3 + 3 can = 7.. if I want it to.

That makes God... 3 + 3 = 7... therefore not true.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

movingalways wrote:Saying there is no logic for existence is not saying existence is purposeless. It is saying that its purpose cannot be known by the intellect. God is infinitely, eternally, purposing Itself. Can the I of my intellect see this purposing? No. Can the I of my intellect touch this purposing? No? Hear it, taste it, smell it? No. Heart beats, eyelids blink, stomach juices digest - does the I of my intellect know the purpose of this beating, blinking and digesting? No. Oh, it can analyze these activities of God's thinking on the flesh surface of cause and effect - the heart beats the blood, the blood stores the oxygen, the oxygen goes to the brain - this is called the logic of "heart beating", but ask the intellect what is the purpose for LIFE TO BE so that the heart and eyes and stomach are caused to be, and it is silenced. The intellect sees only the surface world of thought and interprets purpose from this limited, conditioned perspective.

Mensa says: Thank you I stand to be corrected, I erred. "Saying there is no logic for existence is not saying existence is purposeless." "It is saying that its purpose cannot be known by the intellect" Yes, absolutely, all things will be revealed in time.

There is indeed a time for everything under the sun. (Things of one's temporal sense awareness). The great and mighty things referenced in the scripture can be perceived as referencing man's temporal, spatial human knowledge, but have you ever considered that these words might also be referring to knowledge of that which is beyond the temporal human realm? "The Christ in you, your hope of glory?"
Mensa says: Absolutely, I speak of this quite regularly. I know The Christ within me, my hope of glory, the Christ within me is my wealth.
SANDEEP

Post by SANDEEP »

if there time for everything......there must be a time for the time to have its birth and death...coz time is also another dimension which influence us so much....time also belongs to this universe.....its measurable nd bendable
......is time craeted by god or is it a universal law?......
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Donna, your Biblical conception of God has exactly nothing to do with logic. Indeed, there is barely anything less logical.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

Where is God when you really need him?

The real question is, what is the God like that you would be expecting?

If you do not have a clear idea of who or what or how or if or even maybe?

How could you possibly, as if even remotely, know evidence if it did pop up out of nowhere?

I would enjoy discussing these kinds of probing the universe type questions with grownups. You know what I mean, the adults who offer logic, reason, their very life experience, and understanding with illumination as the goal and field. The kind that address evidence and logical statements about the reality called experience. As in what we actually see and observe and bear witness of and to.

I do not have that much time so I cannot know as of yet if I can respond.

Hey Mensa, I floated to.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Dan Rowden wrote:Donna, your Biblical conception of God has exactly nothing to do with logic. Indeed, there is barely anything less logical.
Mensa says: What Biblical concept exactly?

Mensa says: Nevermind, no ones Biblical conception would have logic in it, it would only have believing qualities. At least one person would believe my thoughts as having quality.

Mensa says: This thread I started is all quoted from the Bible. You boneheads question me unfairly when I have no idea and neither do any of you how God and logic are connected, however despite your opinions, I believe in my Lord and Heavenly Father regardless of what any of you think. I'd prefer to believe in the Bible before I'd believe in Nietzche, Gita Bhagavad, or the rest. Perhaps, the Bible will be proven, but will others mere opinions be proven. At one time I was a doubting Tomas, I didn't believe a damn word in the Bible. I believed it was nothing more than intelligent scholars who conjured up the Bible, to create structure in people's lives, to live decent and righteous lives, with wisdom to lead them, and give them something to believe in. But, now, I won't deny the Bible, because if it does contain truth, then everyone is going to be JUDGED! So I choose to believe than not believe, even though it may be nothing more than BULLSHIT. But, the wisdom it contains is as good as any of our forefathers, if not better!

And Sandeep has a good concept in saying if there is a time for everything else, then there must be a time for birth and death. I quoted Time from Eccleaises Chapter 3!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Beingof1 wrote:Where is God when you really need him?

Mensa says: In your ability to pray!

The real question is, what is the God like that you would be expecting?

Mensa says: Exactly like me, love orientated!

If you do not have a clear idea of who or what or how or if or even maybe?

Mensa says: God is of Love

How could you possibly, as if even remotely, know evidence if it did pop up out of nowhere?

Mensa says: Love is evidence, shown to me on a daily basis through the answering of prayer.

I would enjoy discussing these kinds of probing the universe type questions with grownups. You know what I mean, the adults who offer logic, reason, their very life experience, and understanding with illumination as the goal and field. The kind that address evidence and logical statements about the reality called experience. As in what we actually see and observe and bear witness of and to.

Mensa says: Go to church, or get church pamphlets describing miracles that happen on a regular basis. Christians know if these truths that could only be attributed to the power of the almighty.

I do not have that much time so I cannot know as of yet if I can respond.

Hey Mensa, I floated to.
Mensa says: I believe you, I have no doubt.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mensa-maniac wrote:But, the wisdom it contains is as good as any of our forefathers, if not better!

And Sandeep has a good concept in saying if there is a time for everything else, then there must be a time for birth and death. I quoted Time from Eccleaises Chapter 3!
What "version" of the Bible are you reading from? King James version?
Don't run to your death
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Pincho Paxton wrote:

Mensa says: I simply quoted from the Bible, the Bible confirms itself as truth, who am I or anyone to deny it's claim as truth? Nietzche and all other forefathers believe what they say as truth also, and people believe their words, yet rebuke the almighty's words because we can't see God, or we refuse to believe what we do see as evidence of God.

Why is it so difficult to accept these words from the Bible as words inspired by God?

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Would you believe these words if Nietzche said them?
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Pincho Paxton wrote:

Mensa says: I simply quoted from the Bible, the Bible confirms itself as truth, who am I or anyone to deny it's claim as truth? Nietzche and all other forefathers believe what they say as truth also, and people believe their words, yet rebuke the almighty's words because we can't see God, or we refuse to believe what we do see as evidence of God.

Why is it so difficult to accept these words from the Bible as words inspired by God?

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Would you believe these words if Nietzche said them?
A Bible confirms itself as paper, and ink, and imagination, and also bad translation. A virgin is not someone that has not had sex..etc. Words inspired by God?...
That quote makes me God. In fact I am doing it now.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-mensa-maniac-

-tomas-
Rest assured that first thing Monday morning, I'm taking this straight to the top!

-Mensa-

-tomas-
See here young lady, I'm still placing a worm in the bottle of tequila.

-Mensa-

-tomas-
Yes, that Erector set was a great pastime, ah, the good old days.

-Mensa-

-tomas-
Now, where'd I put those hits of micro-dot?

-Mensa-

-tomas-
Better to have loved than not at all.

-Mensa-

-tomas-
Been there, done that.

-Mensa-

-tomas-
I miss the hamburger, fries and chocolate malted.

-Mensa-

-tomas-
Not in my lifetime.

PS - We are the ones that we have been waiting for ~ Barack Obama
Last edited by Tomas on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

I ate a bagel and flushed.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Carl says: third person is the in tense

Post by mensa-maniac »

SANDEEP wrote:

if there time for everything......there must be a time for the time to have its birth and death...coz time is also another dimension which influence us so much....time also belongs to this universe.....its measurable nd bendable
......is time created by god or is it a universal law?......
Mensa says: Good question. Time is a natural cause, the sun going down in the west is the effect of that cause. Let's assume the Bible speaks truth, as the Bible states, there is a time for everything, including a time for understanding the things we do not know. Time was here before man was. The sun was here before man was! You only need to observe that the sun sets or rises to know time has always been. And man discovered truths in that the earth revolves around the sun and the moon revolves around the earth, however these truths already existed as time.
Blair

Post by Blair »

You haven't realized that time is an illusion?

Humans measure time because they are the only organism capable of metering it, in an abstract sense, it's purely arbitrary, related to how the (human) organism reacts to what it is able to perceive.

Everything will pass eventually, including the Sun and the Universe itself. There will be nothing once more. There never was anything to begin with.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Do you think you will remembered beyond the inevitable annihilation of the surface of the earth?

Got news for you mate, you won't.

It's all for nought. If you can develop your nervous system to the degree that it is in tune with ultimate reality, it's very simple and pleasant, and actually exquisitely balanced. It is to be, to simply exist in a moment.
Animus

Post by Animus »

In the beginning there was the Logic, and the Logic was with God, and the Logic was God.

Logic = God

The latin word "logos" which appears in the Bible is simply a reference to cause and effect and the various logical certainties that it entails. God is the this logic and everything created by it. This is also referred to as creative spirit by Pope Benedict XVI. It is comparable to "the infinite". The logos is made flesh in the Christos/Christ which is the capacity of the human mind to get "in-touch" with the creative spirit through exercising reason and manipulating concepts.

Much of the Bible text is parabolic, some historical and some practice. Take for example this section from the Book of James:

James 1

[Intro]

1James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
Greetings.

[Teaching of the consequences of consuming desire]

13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

[Declaration of truth as primary]

18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

[Instruction to cleanse oneself of untruth despite egoic desire]

21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

[Further instruction to take the matter seriously and to avoid deceiving oneself by ignoring the truth of matters]

22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

James 2

[This one is a truth wrapped in an instruction which happens a lot in the Bible]

8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself,"[a] you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.

[Lesson about the present and the mortality of human life]

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

St. Paul has this to say about the determination of people to become servants or rather truth-inspired and how this relates to the future and other aspects of causal significance.

11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

And about putting off ego

22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

You just have to realize that its way simpler than it reads. It endlessly reiterates the same basic principles in varied ways to sink in these concepts. Also some interested reading (Link).
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

God is man's ability to lose all logic, and believe instead in the illogical. It is a test of defeating the lies that are spread around you to see the truth more clearly.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

double post
Last edited by Beingof1 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

-- Chuang Tzu
KJV:
"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

Aramaic
All types of tangled behavior, the missing and falling, the rips and tears -- all the ways you cut yourself off, break your connection, or disrupt the pattern -- can and will be mended. Sooner or later, you will be freed from error, your mistakes embraced with emptiness, your arrhythmic action returned to the original beat. But your state cannot be mended or repaired, when you cut yourself off from the Source of all rhythm -- the inhaling, the exhaling of all air, wind, and atmosphere, seen and unseen -- the Holy Breath.
--Jesus

What do you think of these, are they real and telling the truth?

Right there in Australia so you can do an investigation and find out if this is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGgKtKHT ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVgSYDBR ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdOBTqnEaoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4secEtxDbkw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6dyK3x ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4IG79hg ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZS8QOM ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_mBaCqR ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNLgJwY ... re=related
jufa

Post by jufa »

The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
What words would you use to talk to him if words are forgotten?

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa