A man Full of thought...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
overlord223

A man Full of thought...

Post by overlord223 »

"A man full of thought is a man full of shit" -anonymous

it's quite annoying to hear but it's true.
Most people I observed (including me) that thinking many thoughts and ideas that has no direction will just be comparable to a can full of trash.
after realizing that I was also one.(because of the influence brought of that Wisdom of the infinite book)

how many times your mind think of thoughts/things that will not be beneficial and just bring stress or insolvable in the end. I also observe in some people who are "in" to philosophical mind or any thinking man. that they only have good ideas for arguing statements and other philosophy but cannot bring any benefits to the external world especially for those who have interpersonal personality. so yeah your logical mouth is useful in some cases, but not always.

I remember one of my classmate in Philo who is really a fanboy about philosophy.during our class discussion, he keeps on mumbling about his belief "nihilism" or "nothingness" that life is an illusion. I was annoyed so i stand-up and *punch(moderate-force)* him in his belly and i asked him if that feeling was still and "illusion"...the whole class laughed
No one remembers the good guys
Pincho Paxton

Re: A man Full of thought...

Post by Pincho Paxton »

overlord223 wrote:"A man full of thought is a man full of shit" -anonymous

Most people I observed (including me) that thinking many thoughts and ideas that has no direction will just be comparable to a can full of trash.
after realizing that I was also one.(because of the influence brought of that Wisdom of the infinite book)

how many times your mind think of thoughts/things that will not be beneficial and just bring stress or insolvable in the end. I also observe in some people who are "in" to philosophical mind or any thinking man. that they only have good ideas for arguing statements and other philosophy but cannot bring any benefits to the external world especially for those who have interpersonal personality. so yeah your logical mouth is useful in some cases, but not always.

I remember one of my classmate in Philo who is really a fanboy about philosophy.during our class discussion, he keeps on mumbling about his belief "nihilism" or "nothingness" that life is an illusion. I was annoyed so i stand-up and *punch(moderate-force)* him in his belly and i asked him if that feeling was still and "illusion"...the whole class laughed
If you openly admit that you were full of shit until you found wisdom in realising that you were full of shit, it is easily possible that your wisdom in finding a solution to shit was a shit solution. Personally, I think that I have discovered the 'Theory Of Everything' which makes me feel wise, and doesn't begin with me saying that I talk shit. It begins with me studying everything that is known to begin with, and then stripping all of this information apart. I took Einstein's knowledge are dissected it, bit by bit. I did the same thing with all Genius knowledge known to man. That doesn't exactly sound like such a negative starting point.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Pincho...how about Nagarjuna ?

http://rdewi.fm.interia.pl/mahasiddhas.htm#Nargajuna

(click on Nargajuna)
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Kunga wrote:Pincho...how about Nagarjuna ?

http://rdewi.fm.interia.pl/mahasiddhas.htm#Nargajuna

(click on Nargajuna)
A genius in the past invents the wheel. A genius today discovers everything. We are a collection of information taken from all evidence. Any old scriptures had no real evidence to work with. They had no machines to test anything.. they had no real tests at all in Buddha communities. So you can turn invisible, predict the future, live 500 years, and find hidden worlds. Today there is a £1Million reward for any such thing, and nobody has passed the test so far. Now that we have evaluation, all of a sudden the paranormal things have stopped happening.. what a coincidence!!!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

yes...that is a strange coincidence...but also the spiritual quality of man has devolved...we are in a Dharma declining age...as we reach technical advancement we regress spiritual advancement. The material takes presidence over the spiritual. In Buddhas time the spiritual was more in tune with mans conciousness....don't you think ?
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Kunga wrote:yes...that is a strange coincidence...but also the spiritual quality of man has devolved...we are in a Dharma declining age...as we reach technical advancement we regress spiritual advancement. The material takes presidence over the spiritual. In Buddhas time the spiritual was more in tune with mans conciousness....don't you think ?
There are still communities without technology, aren't they honing their spiritual skills? Most of them are committing suicide as far as I can tell. Or predicting the end of the world on the wrong date. You either have knowledge, or you have nonsense. I am happy to say that an atom has a black hole in the middle, and I am happy for somebody to magnify it, and find out that I was wrong. What I did was to use evaluation, and not a guess.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

What comes to my mind is the Austrailian Aborigiones...their ancient culture and spirituality is amazing...
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Kunga wrote:What comes to my mind is the Austrailian Aborigiones...their ancient culture and spirituality is amazing...
They are also the lowest intelligence race on Earth.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Pincho Paxton wrote:
Kunga wrote:What comes to my mind is the Austrailian Aborigiones...their ancient culture and spirituality is amazing...

Why do you say that ? There ability to survive and develop an amazing culture/medicine/art/philosophy/stories shows how wonderful they were. Modern man
destroys those that do not adapt. Adapting is nessesary for evolution. But modern (white) man does not see their value. a shame. their art is sublime.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Pincho Paxton wrote:
They are also the latest migrators from another continent. It takes time to adapt to a new (harsh) environment.

Note the forced relocation of The America's "Native American Indians" for examples.

Yup, those European explorers were so kind and gentle when they had that First Thanksgiving. It's when they went back for sloppy seconds that it went to shit for the Native inhabitants.

Now? note what the Brits and Americans are doing to the tribals in Afghanistan/Pakistan .. my, my aren't we of highest intelligence. Be real, Pincho.

Are you and Dan Rowden related?

PS - Don't worry, what going down in the Amazon rainforest tribes will put a smile on your face.Similar as to the lowest intelligence race of the Aborigines?

PPS - European culture - what a beautiful choice! (Depleted uranium bombs and all).
Don't run to your death
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Tomas wrote:
Pincho Paxton wrote:
They are also the latest migrators from another continent. It takes time to adapt to a new (harsh) environment.

Note the forced relocation of The America's "Native American Indians" for examples.

Yup, those European explorers were so kind and gentle when they had that First Thanksgiving. It's when they went back for sloppy seconds that it went to shit for the Native inhabitants.

Now? note what the Brits and Americans are doing to the tribals in Afghanistan/Pakistan .. my, my aren't we of highest intelligence. Be real, Pincho.

Are you and Dan Rowden related?

PS - Don't worry, what going down in the Amazon rainforest tribes will put a smile on your face.Similar as to the lowest intelligence race of the Aborigines?

PPS - European culture - what a beautiful choice! (Depleted uranium bombs and all).
So what? You can't reverse facts by explaining their reasons. ie "They are least intelligent, because they only just settled there." doesn't reverse "They are least intelligent."
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Pincho Paxton wrote:So what? You can't reverse facts by explaining their reasons. ie "They are least intelligent, because they only just settled there." doesn't reverse "They are least intelligent."
I've been to Oz many a times, produce the "facts" as you call them.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Kunga wrote:
Pincho Paxton wrote:

Why do you say that ? There ability to survive and develop an amazing culture/medicine/art/philosophy/stories shows how wonderful they were. Modern man destroys those that do not adapt. Adapting is nessesary for evolution. But modern (white) man does not see their value. a shame. their art is sublime.
I concur.
Don't run to your death
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Tomas wrote:
Pincho Paxton wrote:So what? You can't reverse facts by explaining their reasons. ie "They are least intelligent, because they only just settled there." doesn't reverse "They are least intelligent."
I've been to Oz many a times, produce the "facts" as you call them.
Here is the list.. OK bushmen come lower, but Aborigines are second lowest.

Arctic Peoples 91
East Asians 105
Europeans 100
Native Americans (north & south) 86
Southern Asian & Northern Africans 84
Bushmen (southern Africa) 54
Africans (subsaharan) 67
Native Australians (aboriginals) 62
Southeast Asians 87
Pacific Islanders 85
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

overlord223 wrote:"A man full of thought is a man full of shit" -anonymous

I am also sick of thoughtful days of philosophy. They captivated me when younger - now, however, they are rather boring. I know relatively what I need to know, and I know the theories and idea's that I and no one else, can ever know the answers to, so why plague yourself with their weight?

I hate philosophy, in fact. Its such a waste of a useful mind. It brings you nothing useful, people speak on enlightenment, but what does this bring? Are you happy now, that you finally see that you can't know everything? Is that really what you want? What are you searching for in enlightenment?

To me, buddhist enlightenment is the degredation of wanting and caring. You become perfectly in between happy and sad, and never experience both because you are too intelligent to let emotions run you over.

Is this right? To me, I love the thought that I Can cry, that I can feel such strong emotion that I Want to die right now, or that I want to live forever. They make me full.

Am I weak? No, I'm just bored.
To think or not to think.
jufa

Post by jufa »

We ride the backs of all people who have been and who live today. We suck their blood, and steal their wisdom, and sell them out for a pair of shoes, or a peice of bread, and we begin to believe we are better than they. Man is full of shit all right, his own shit of self-righteousness selfishness, for he refuse to take the responsibility to fine what is right for him without killing and raping his brothers and sisters for that which belongs to them.
The Three Dimensions of a Complete Life - M.L.King (excerpts)

We are tied together in life and in the world. And you may think you got all you got by yourself. (Not all of it) But you know, before you got out here to church this morning, you were dependent on more than half of the world. You get up in the morning and go to the bathroom, and you reach over for a bar of soap, and thats handed to you by a Frenchman. You reach over for a sponge, and thats given to you by a turk. You reach over for a towel, and that comes to your hand from the hands of a Pacific Islander. And then you go on to the kitchen to get your breakfast. You reach on over to get a little coffee, and thats poured in your cup by a South American. Or maybe you decide that you want a little tea this morning, only to discover that thats poured in your cup by a Chinese. Or maybe you want a little cocoa, thats poured in your cup by a West African. Then you want a little bread and you reach over to get it, and thats given to you by the hands of an English-speaking farmer, not to mention the baker. Before you get through eating breakfast in the morning, youre dependent on more than half the world. Thats the way God structured it; thats the way God structured this world. So let us be concerned about others because we are dependent on others.

Now the other thing about the length of life: after accepting ourselves and our tools, we must discover what we are called to do And once we discover it we should set out to do it with all of the strength and all of the power that we have in our systems. And after weve discovered what God called us to do, after weve discovered our lifes work, we should set out to do that work so well that the living, the dead, or the unborn couldnt do it any better. Now this does not mean that everybody will do the so-called big, recognized things of life. Very few people will rise to the heights of genius in the arts and the sciences; very few collectively will rise to certain professions. Most of us will have to be content to work in the fields and in the factories and on the streets. But we must see the dignity of all labor.

I went to a shoe shop quite often, known as the Gordon Shoe Shop. And there was a fellow in there that used to shine my shoes, and it was just an experience to witness this fellow shining my shoes. He would get that rag, you know, and he could bring music out of it. And I said to myself, "This fellow has a Ph.D. in shoe shining."

You know in life were called upon to do this. A Ford car trying to be a Cadillac is absurd, but if a Ford will accept itself as a Ford, (All right) it can do many things that a Cadillac could never do: it can get in parking spaces that a Cadillac can never get in. [laughter] And in life some of us are Fords and some of us are Cadillacs. Moses says in "Green Pastures," "Lord, I aint much, but I is all I got." The principle of self-acceptance is a basic principle in life.

What Im saying to you this morning, my friends, even if it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, go on out and sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures; sweep streets like Handel and Beethoven composed music; sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry; sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will have to pause and say, "Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well."

If you cant be a pine on the top of a hill

Be a scrub in the valleybut be

The best little scrub on the side of the hill,

Be a bush if you cant be a tree.

If you cant be a highway just be a trail

If you cant be the sun be a star;

It isnt by size that you win or fail

Be the best of whatever you are.
overlord223

Post by overlord223 »

ok, i just can't understand people who have superstitious spiritual being that can lived over 500 years if that living for 500 years was just full of thinking about the truth, repressing your personal desire and nothing else to work with.

oh yea so a genius knows everything and always right and better than average people but when you die, you can't bring that pride on the other side.

for me i will just stick to my own conclusion that.
"talking about infinite wisdom will only leads to infinite ideas, it's never ending, so there is no conclusion." and let the truth set aside and work on it's own.
No one remembers the good guys
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Thought is who man is, what man is, when man is, how man is and where man is. There is no point in man's awareness that he can "go" and cease being a being of thought.

The Masters Jesus and the Buddha both realized man is always a thoughtbody, whether he "peers through the glass darkly" and believes thought begins and ends with his physical (sense) existence, or whether his awareness has been expanded to include the awareness of that which precedes attachment to the sensebody, that is, his awareness of being a spiritbody.

Be still in your mind for more than a few moments and you will realize the truth of my words. Be still of your urge to interpret your life, and instead, LISTEN to your life, be AWARE and AWAKE to your life. LISTEN to your beating heart; did your thoughts "of the infinite" cause that heart to beat by virtue of these thoughts? No. LISTEN to your breath rising and falling; did your thoughts "of the infinite" cause your breath to rise and fall? No. "Something" is thinking you, of you, for you - moment by moment by moment. Call it by whatever word you want, the word doesn't matter, but if you become AWARE and AWAKE beyond the mental masturbation of your human intellect, you will discover a FULLNESS of you that goes beyond any human emotion you now rely on to "feel alive."

So small and limited is man's world of his puny feeling-intellect! His enlightenment is his very living of his life and he cannot see the simplicity, the fullness of this statement. Man is the light of his own thoughts in every moment, and yet, he goes to books to find "enlightenment." The only words, be they in books, or internet posts, or face to face that are truly helpful to man are those that WAKE HIM UP. Words that poke him, pinch him and slap him AWAKE.

Man, however, is most resistant to waking up. He would rather talk about the infinite than be the infinity that he is NOW, has always BEEN and always WILL BE.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

movingalways wrote:enlightenment is his very living of his life
yes....so is death also another enlightenment ? Are we truely the Void ? Are we truely the Universe ? Why are we blinded from THE TRUTH ???? Why aren't we Enlightened the minute we're born ? Why do i feel like i know nothing ?
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Kunga wrote:
movingalways wrote:enlightenment is his very living of his life
yes....so is death also another enlightenment ? Are we truely the Void ? Are we truely the Universe ? Why are we blinded from THE TRUTH ???? Why aren't we Enlightened the minute we're born ? Why do i feel like i know nothing ?
There are a few different explanations, and I don't know which one is right. Best to wait till you die.
Animus

Post by Animus »

I'm going to employ David Quinn's exact correspondence interpretation and suggest that not only is a man full of thoughts, full of shit, but a man full of shit is full of thoughts too. And by that marker every man is a genius for part of their day.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

Whos down for pizza?
To think or not to think.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

movingalways wrote:Thought is who man is, what man is, when man is, how man is and where man is. There is no point in man's awareness that he can "go" and cease being a being of thought.

The Masters Jesus and the Buddha both realized man is always a thoughtbody, whether he "peers through the glass darkly" and believes thought begins and ends with his physical (sense) existence, or whether his awareness has been expanded to include the awareness of that which precedes attachment to the sensebody, that is, his awareness of being a spiritbody.

Be still in your mind for more than a few moments and you will realize the truth of my words. Be still of your urge to interpret your life, and instead, LISTEN to your life, be AWARE and AWAKE to your life. LISTEN to your beating heart; did your thoughts "of the infinite" cause that heart to beat by virtue of these thoughts? No. LISTEN to your breath rising and falling; did your thoughts "of the infinite" cause your breath to rise and fall? No. "Something" is thinking you, of you, for you - moment by moment by moment. Call it by whatever word you want, the word doesn't matter, but if you become AWARE and AWAKE beyond the mental masturbation of your human intellect, you will discover a FULLNESS of you that goes beyond any human emotion you now rely on to "feel alive."

So small and limited is man's world of his puny feeling-intellect! His enlightenment is his very living of his life and he cannot see the simplicity, the fullness of this statement. Man is the light of his own thoughts in every moment, and yet, he goes to books to find "enlightenment." The only words, be they in books, or internet posts, or face to face that are truly helpful to man are those that WAKE HIM UP. Words that poke him, pinch him and slap him AWAKE.

Man, however, is most resistant to waking up. He would rather talk about the infinite than be the infinity that he is NOW, has always BEEN and always WILL BE.
Well said.