What is the consciousness of a woman really like?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Atum

Post by Atum »

I have been reading Weininger's book.

In it he says they cannot separate between thought and feeling, and that content of their minds are henids.

Henids are as I understand them a foggy something appearing and disappearing in my consciousness. One has no control over henids, either to call them up or make them disappear.

Is this really how they experience the world day to day? I mean, it explains for the most part their behavior... but it is hard to believe.

When it comes to reproduction, sex, or compliments they've received, are they still in henids?

I've been trying to understand this. What is the consciousness of a woman really like? Day-to-day, how does she experience the world? I have come to this: being a woman is much like being in a dream. You take all your cues from the dream-environment, never question things, merely floating along. Is there any merit to this line of reasoning?

Please share other ideas.
Pincho Paxton

Re: What is the consciousness of a woman really like?

Post by Pincho Paxton »

It's possible, I mean they tend to believe the illogical very easily. Like ghosts for example. Most females that I know believe in ghosts, and I also find that they believe in the Tarot cards more often, because I read them. These are examples of not really analysing what they are doing. And myself believing in the Tarot cards was by getting results after results from women. They were telling me that what I said came true.. is that another Henid that was passed on to me as reality? So yeah, I think they are more likely to use the foggy thought as reality. If this was broken down into physics it would be a low level of energy, like tiredness. Maybe they are more tired because of the vitamin wastage that they suffer from things like giving birth, and periods. I know that if I am tired, my mind will wander, and my physical memories of the past few minutes are reduced.
Atum

Post by Atum »

Interesting idea that their lack of consciousness could come from having a period, etc. Generally being "fallen woman." Maybe that's part of it.

Weininger's theory that woman is merely sexuality is borne out by the "seduction community." I think there are many things to be learned of woman by purusing these forums: http://www.fastseduction.com/discussion/

I wonder why woman, as Weiningers says, are not attracted to the genius, even though he is a higher form of masculinity.

I'm not trying to hijack my own thread: I am interested in chiefly in what her consciousness is like.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Atum wrote:Interesting idea that their lack of consciousness could come from having a period, etc. Generally being "fallen woman." Maybe that's part of it.

Weininger's theory that woman is merely sexuality is borne out by the "seduction community." I think there are many things to be learned of woman by purusing these forums: http://www.fastseduction.com/discussion/

I wonder why woman, as Weiningers says, are not attracted to the genius, even though he is a higher form of masculinity.

I'm not trying to hijack my own thread: I am interested in chiefly in what her consciousness is like.
Genius men are often concentrating on the truth, and the logic of their actions. Women are attracted to men who lie, and aren't trying to pass off the truth, or use logic. Their logic is that if I lie to a woman I can get her, and a joke is really a funny lie. A genius might dissect a joke into it's meanings, and not find it funny enough to use on a conversation with a woman. A genius will know that by telling a woman he will see her tomorrow after sex is a lie, and therefore not logical. Logic hinders relationships due to too much truth. If you watch the Big Bang Theory, an American comedy you will see extreme examples of how a Genius telling the truth in bed is annoying for example. Although we wouldn't go to that extreme, it is still that we go too far with the truth. Lies are exciting, I am a Concord pilot. A friend of mine has a lieing disorder, he can't help but lie all of the time, and he gets about 200 women a year. He tells them that he has 3 cars etc, he's on medication.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i can't even finish reading the rest of this thread so far...because i am very upset with this : that you think women aren't attracted to Genius.
BS.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

It is the great deception of all individual units of consciousness that thought and feeling are not one unit of expression in the sense realm, of which all who come here to read, inhabit in this moment of their awareness. Those who believe themselves free of feeling, by whatever name they want to attach to this belief, are lying to themselves.

Every image or word or group of words that comes from the voice of subjective-objective opinion or perception is an attachment to that opinion. The use of logic does not nullify this feeling attachment, for the mentality of logic exists within the realm of the senses. The sense of self is the feeling self, the feeling self that is expressed in union with the vision it "sees" in its mind's eye. The use of "logic" requires just such a vision of sense attachment. The mentality of logic is used to materialize forms of the earth - earth forms are, by their very nature, of sense-feeling.

Masculine, feminine - these are concepts of the human sense realm; for that reason, both evoke the feeling of "self."
Atum

Post by Atum »

Kunga wrote:i can't even finish reading the rest of this thread so far...because i am very upset with this : that you think women aren't attracted to Genius.
BS.
Women also let their emotions cloud their judgement.

--

(To everyone). Please only post if you have something to say about the topic: how does woman experience the world.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Atum wrote:
Kunga wrote:i can't even finish reading the rest of this thread so far...because i am very upset with this : that you think women aren't attracted to Genius.
BS.
Women also let their emotions cloud their judgement.

--

(To everyone). Please only post if you have something to say about the topic: how does woman experience the world.
What if women do experience a power down of energy? What if man helps to power down a woman's energy? Your last post could power down a woman's reply, and cause her to give a low mental response.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

From my own observations, women are really not that different from men, really.

Studies show that men think about sex up to and on a continual basis, every 15 seconds... This (probably) gets reduced with age & education, however... it's still relatively true.

As a male I won't speak for a women's perspective, but here's my two cents while watching women;

Women do not deal with logic (unless they are educated to). They tend to make a judgement, and stick to it - not question whether it truly is right or wrong, they tend to believe their first belief. I.E. someone did something wrong ... then it was wrong, no matter what logic behind it. This probably makes it seem much harder for a woman to change her mind.

I have also observed that women tend to focus on one thing in particular, they have less of a "monkey mind" and more of a "bullet train". I pull this from the two seperate types of insomnia - women's and men's. Women tend to think about one thing, worry about one thing before sleep, while men tend to 'swing from tree to tree' in thought.

I'd have to ask you women on the board to reenforce this.

And, I think we all know, women's hormones are a bit more concentrated (?) or governing, than male's hormones.

So in conclusion, no, women don't think in a fog, that's ridiculous. But I can't say that for sure.
To think or not to think.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Atum wrote:I've been trying to understand this. What is the consciousness of a woman really like? Day-to-day, how does she experience the world? I have come to this: being a woman is much like being in a dream. You take all your cues from the dream-environment, never question things, merely floating along. Is there any merit to this line of reasoning?
Yes, indeed there is. In the dream state, logical deductions are made and conclusions are reached on the flimsiest pieces of evidence and largely driven by one's emotional desires. The separation between objective truth and whatever one wants to believe is minimal. Feeling and thought are intertwined. The ability to step back and actually determine what is true and logically valid is disabled. The only reality is that of the ever-changing moment. Immediacy reigns.

So yes, this has many similarities to a woman's waking consciousness. Not an exact correspondence, but it can provide men with a sense of what it is like.

Keep in mind that a woman can indeed step back and experience those realities which are not immediate if circumstances lead them that way (in the form of books, conversations with intelligent men, etc). Take those things away and she tends to fall straight back into immediacy, much like how a dog drops back onto all four legs when the human who had been standing it up upright drops its two front paws and goes away.

Another avenue to explore is the consciousness of your own childhood, particularly around the age of 10 or so, and yet another, if you have any experience of these things, certain kinds of drug-trips. The kinds of drug-trips where everything seems uncertain, nothing concrete can be grasped hold of, where anxiety levels are higher than normal, where the urge to look to others for a stable outlook is strong, even to the point of wanting to physically touch them and hold onto them, as though they were the only sure thing in a sea of ever-changing fluidity and confusion.

i can't even finish reading the rest of this thread so far...because i am very upset with this : that you think women aren't attracted to Genius.
BS.
Women tend to be attracted to men of genius, rather than genius itself.

Or failing that, men of charisma. Or failing that, men of wealth. Or men of brutality. In short, men that display power and strength.

-
pointexter

Post by pointexter »

Atum wrote:how does woman experience the world.
Kunga wrote:i can't
Kunga wrote:because i am very upset with this
Atum wrote:their emotions
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Atum wrote:I have been reading Weininger's book.

In it he says they cannot separate between thought and feeling, and that content of their minds are henids.

Henids are as I understand them a foggy something appearing and disappearing in my consciousness. One has no control over henids, either to call them up or make them disappear.

Is this really how they experience the world day to day? I mean, it explains for the most part their behavior... but it is hard to believe.

When it comes to reproduction, sex, or compliments they've received, are they still in henids?
To control henids, and bring them into monads, one needs a soul - a centre - a strong sense of oneself. That is exactly what the feminine mind lacks. It may be hard to believe because there are so many highly vocal, assertive, dominating women who seem to know what they want, why they want it, who's to blame for them not having it, and - very clearly - the fact that they have been patiently wanting it for days and days now. However, women's strength is much like a child's strength: the brute strength of emotion and feeling. A child will remember quite clearly that it doesn't like the taste of carrots, which is its favourite toy, and the best way to manipulate a parent or a relative, indeed, which relative or parent is easiest to manipulate. These aren't centred experiences. The child's strong-mindedness is an instinctive one driven by what feels right at the time. They aren't experiences centred by an over-arching awareness of what is right, that is consistent from hour to hour, day by day.

My hypothesis is that women have a childlike consciousness for two main reasons. One, the female nervous system. Two, the role in reproduction and survival. There is plenty of evidence that females of many species are more alert, or sensitive, to certain kinds of sense data, like sound, colour, pain, and stress. They are more alert, but not more capable of cognitive analysis. So, they are like alarms ringing, quick to sound when things feel wrong. This leads me to the second reason. The domestic sex-role that women evolved to fill. Women had to be attuned to the wellfare of the children, and the group of mothers, and the close environment, to check for basic health and cooperativeness. So their skill-set developed to manage these things, and over thousands of generations, led to a particular kind of neurological adaptation. They didn't need to understand the likely causes for things going wrong, but only to notice when there were any serious dysfunctions - and at that point, sound the alarm. It is probable that the result of being an emotional antenna - namely, that dreamy, flowing, sensate consciousness - also had advantages for the wellbeing of the tribe. It was a source of added cooperation. If all of the mothers and children can be immersed in a kind of merged consciousness, then the problem of picking-up dysfunction is dealt with more easily - less deviants, more hands on the job. It was also a way of strengthening the bond between the members of the tribe, which would help them to cooperate for the group's wellbeing.

You can witness the childlike consciousness of women in many ways, and it isn't difficult to see a link between the tantrum-throwing child and the emotionally strung-out alarm-sounding woman. Both of them get attention - though there may not actually be a problem for the men to solve. That is a major drawback in the system, like a barking dog that annoys the whole neighbourhood. But the reason men put up with the barking is because they like to merge with the group and feel the powerful comfort to be had in being ensconced in the heartlands, as well as the egotistical boost of being the superior ones who have everyone's gratitude for their greater consciousness and ability to manage things in a rational, orderly way.

Hope this helps.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

pointexter wrote:
Atum wrote:how does woman experience the world.
Kunga wrote:i can't
Kunga wrote:because i am very upset with this
Atum wrote:their emotions
lol

But really... women are not that much of an extreme difference... are they?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Kelly Jones wrote:You can witness the childlike consciousness of women in many ways, and it isn't difficult to see a link between the tantrum-throwing child and the emotionally strung-out alarm-sounding woman. Both of them get attention - though there may not actually be a problem for the men to solve. That is a major drawback in the system, like a barking dog that annoys the whole neighbourhood. But the reason men put up with the barking is because they like to merge with the group and feel the powerful comfort to be had in being ensconced in the heartlands, as well as the egotistical boost of being the superior ones who have everyone's gratitude for their greater consciousness and ability to manage things in a rational, orderly way.
Most pleasant, Kelly. Thank you.

PS - Welcome back .. stick around :-)
Don't run to your death
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

IJesusChrist wrote:But really... women are not that much of an extreme difference... are they?
Of course not, but that's the kind of nonsense that gets peddled around here. God alone knows why.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

But really... women are not that much of an extreme difference... are they?
I tend to measure the difference, as being like the difference in standard forms of physical acheivement.

The difference in speed between Mens versus Womens marathon, 100 meters running and swimming world record speeds is roughly 9%.

I feel roughly the same percentage difference now applies to men versus women in relation to their potential maximum abilities for achievements of a consciousness of reality.

That of course only measures the "best" performers, but relative to other philosophical groups, I'd be satisfied that the QRS philosophy is in the "world leaders" group, so limiting this measurement to the best only, not the average Joe or Mandy is reasonable. For the whole group the bell curves would differ. Women would have a high peak where there is a larger grouping around the average, whilst the male bell curve would be flatter - more at the top, but also more at the bottom.

So it's not a great difference should this correlation between the physical and mental be in any way realistic, however it is vital to note that when comparing "values" only what is different really counts.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

well i just spent a good hour replying to this thread...and poof !!!!

i just want to say i can only speak for myself...i cannot represent all women.
My consciousness in tails a bit of everything : Reasoning, logic, emotions , dreaming, idealizing, fantasizing, i am less emotional than most women in my family and the women in general that are in my daily life. (by my observations and experience). My role models are men and women. i respect men that can use their genius towards peace and peaceful solutions. (The likes of Buddha and Jesus ). i'm attracted to celibate genius men. i secretly want to marry them or be with them....but not necessarily in a celibate relationship...lol i fantasize occasionally about ideal situations. ...but my logical and rational mind controls my actions. i rarely act on impulse...except for occasional spending...as i have no concept of money...lol Despite that ...i am responsible and pay my bills....occasionally splurging..on something practical that is necessary...as i rarely buy luxury items....but i believe in quality not quantity. So does that give you any insight into the consciousness of a woman ?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I think it does, but probably not for the reasons you imagine :)

And compose your long posts in Notepad!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Atum wrote:being a woman is much like being in a dream.
This world as you see it...is not as solid as you think..as a matter of fact what you see is an illusion of conceptual dualities that have nothing to do with Ultimate reality. If we were Enlightened this reality would be seen as an illusion.
Pincho Paxton wrote:Like ghosts for example. Most females that I know believe in ghosts, and I also find that they believe in the Tarot cards
i've experienced ghostly phenomena.and i don't believe in Tarot cards...or astrology. If you experienced something you'd be more inclined to believe it's true....but that doesn't necessarily mean it is true....belief is just a belief . i don't want to have any contact/experiences of ghosts...it scares the shit out of me...but some weird stuff has happened in this house...and i'm not the only one here that's experienced it. How would you explain hearing footsteps coming down the stairs when no one was coming down the stairs ? i am alone now...and i'm in a very cold room...and i'm getting the creeps talking about this now...

Pincho Paxton wrote:Women are attracted to men who lie

i'm not...i detest men that lie. i live with a compulsive liar...i have no respect for him and will never trust him again.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dan Rowden wrote:I think it does, but probably not for the reasons you imagine :)

And compose your long posts in Notepad!

i can't imagine any reasons to imagine ....it's over my head !

Where is "Notepad " ? Never used it . Ah...i found it ! So i copy/paste ? Thankyou !
Loki

Post by Loki »

David Quinn wrote: Yes, indeed there is. In the dream state, logical deductions are made and conclusions are reached on the flimsiest pieces of evidence and largely driven by one's emotional desires. The separation between objective truth and whatever one wants to believe is minimal. Feeling and thought are intertwined. The ability to step back and actually determine what is true and logically valid is disabled. The only reality is that of the ever-changing moment. Immediacy reigns.

So yes, this has many similarities to a woman's waking consciousness. Not an exact correspondence, but it can provide men with a sense of what it is like.

Keep in mind that a woman can indeed step back and experience those realities which are not immediate if circumstances lead them that way (in the form of books, conversations with intelligent men, etc). Take those things away and she tends to fall straight back into immediacy, much like how a dog drops back onto all four legs when the human who had been standing it up upright drops its two front paws and goes away.

Another avenue to explore is the consciousness of your own childhood, particularly around the age of 10 or so, and yet another, if you have any experience of these things, certain kinds of drug-trips. The kinds of drug-trips where everything seems uncertain, nothing concrete can be grasped hold of, where anxiety levels are higher than normal, where the urge to look to others for a stable outlook is strong, even to the point of wanting to physically touch them and hold onto them, as though they were the only sure thing in a sea of ever-changing fluidity and confusion.
Oh God, David. How does a man who is so interested in absolute truth, suddenly become so reckless? You aren't a woman. You don't know what it's like to be in their minds. But you are going on and on as if you know how they think, I find that kind of nuts.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Loki wrote:Oh God, David. How does a man who is so interested in absolute truth, suddenly become so reckless? You aren't a woman. You don't know what it's like to be in their minds. But you are going on and on as if you know how they think, I find that kind of nuts.
But there is a woman inside me, as there is in all of us. It's a matter of locating it and understanding it, and also correlating it with what is observed in women's outward behaviour. You can build up a pretty comprehensive picture in this way. It isn't all that difficult, but not many people want to pursue the matter.

It also helps to have a good understanding of what masculine consciousness is and what kind of behaviour stems from it. If you don't have this contrast, then you're likely to conclude, as Laird has done, that men and women are similar. To a feminine man, women do seem similar to himself.

-
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

A little weaker than the consciousness of an average man, i.e, more inconsistent, more easily swayed by emotions. By my estimate, men are about 10% conscious on average, and women are about 2-5% conscious. But even this little difference creates some drastic differences in behaviour. For an example, compare any two works by two famous men and women.

Most importantly though, the consciousness of an average man is probably strong enough to break through to a higher consciousness, whereas the consciousness of an average woman isn't.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

Kunga wrote: i'm not...i detest men that lie. i live with a compulsive liar...i have no respect for him and will never trust him again.
?? present tense. Is this your husband?

Kunga, you confuse me. This whole thread is confusing me, I guess I really don't understand women...

What the fuck is with all the ego's of men in here? It's kind of horrific.
Atum

Post by Atum »

Kunga wrote:well i just spent a good hour replying to this thread...and poof !!!!

i just want to say i can only speak for myself...i cannot represent all women.
My consciousness in tails a bit of everything : Reasoning, logic, emotions , dreaming, idealizing, fantasizing, i am less emotional than most women in my family and the women in general that are in my daily life. (by my observations and experience). My role models are men and women. i respect men that can use their genius towards peace and peaceful solutions. (The likes of Buddha and Jesus ). i'm attracted to celibate genius men. i secretly want to marry them or be with them....but not necessarily in a celibate relationship...lol i fantasize occasionally about ideal situations. ...but my logical and rational mind controls my actions. i rarely act on impulse...except for occasional spending...as i have no concept of money...lol Despite that ...i am responsible and pay my bills....occasionally splurging..on something practical that is necessary...as i rarely buy luxury items....but i believe in quality not quantity. So does that give you any insight into the consciousness of a woman ?
The number of ellipsises is unbearable. If your writing is any indication, I imagine your consciousness is quite "flowy."

Edit: I had to end my relationship recently because my then-girlfriend could no longer accept my celibacy.
Last edited by Atum on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.