What is the consciousness of a woman really like?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Carmel

Re: What is the consciousness of a woman really like?

Post by Carmel »

IJesusChrist:

What the fuck is with all the ego's of men in here? It's kind of horrific.

Carmel:

Don't sweat it. I think they rely too heavily on generalizations about gender in here, but everytime I bring this up, the same redundant circular argument ensues...so why bother?
Atum

Post by Atum »

David Quinn wrote: Keep in mind that a woman can indeed step back and experience those realities which are not immediate if circumstances lead them that way (in the form of books, conversations with intelligent men, etc). Take those things away and she tends to fall straight back into immediacy, much like how a dog drops back onto all four legs when the human who had been standing it up upright drops its two front paws and goes away.
This was hilarious, and helped greatly to deepen my understanding of woman. Sometimes when I talk to a woman, it seems like she turns into me, and even, sometimes, a better kind of me. But this is an illusion. The mirror is not me, even though when I stand in front of it it reflects me. The moon is not in the water on which its image is cast.

Also, I agree that woman is attracted to genius. The fact that he is hardly interested in her combined with all that sublimated sexuality are a rare dish to her. These are my thoughts, anyway.

And thanks Kelly for your efforts.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

David Quinn:
But there is a woman inside me, as there is in all of us. It's a matter of locating it and understanding it,

Carmel:
hmm, that's interesting. It's congruent with idea I've had about your exposition on woman. I've often thought of it as a love letter/suicide note. Initially, you place women on a pedestal only later to knock them down, but I've often thought that this has more to do with your own desire to kill your own feminine side and emotions than with the actuality of women...

The "truth" of women lies somewhere in the unspoken middle of the exposition, between the idealized version of women and the "nothing" of her.

David:
It also helps to have a good understanding of what masculine consciousness is and what kind of behaviour stems from it.

Carmel:
In order to achieve sagehood, you'll need to write an exposition on men and point your powers of perception toward men with the same spirit of criticism that you did toward women.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

IJesusChrist wrote:What the fuck is with all the ego's of men in here? It's kind of horrific.
What is with your timidity? A young chap like you should be pushing the boundaries in all directions, not gallantly hemming himself inside a conservative mindset for the sake of propriety.

If I remember correctly, you're the fellow who proclaimed that psychology, not philosophy, is where it's at .....

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Carmel wrote:David Quinn:
But there is a woman inside me, as there is in all of us. It's a matter of locating it and understanding it,

Carmel:
hmm, that's interesting. It's congruent with idea I've had about your exposition on woman. I've often thought of it as a love letter/suicide note. Initially, you place women on a pedestal only later to knock them down, but I've often thought that this has more to do with your own desire to kill your own feminine side and emotions than with the actuality of women...

A "love letter/suicide note" - that's an interesting take. I'll have a think about that.

The "truth" of women lies somewhere in the unspoken middle of the exposition, between the idealized version of women and the "nothing" of her.
That's true. There can be no such thing as a 100% feminine woman, at least not one who is at least somewhat conscious and coherent.

In order to achieve sagehood, you'll need to write an exposition on men and point your powers of perception toward men with the same spirit of criticism that you did toward women.
That's not a bad idea either, although I tend to regard my writings about humanity in general as an exposition on men. But I'll give that some thought as well.

-
Robert

Post by Robert »

IJesusChrist wrote:What the fuck is with all the ego's of men in here? It's kind of horrific.
But what if it's a woman posting, saying these 'horrific' things?
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

David Quinn wrote:A "love letter/suicide note" - that's an interesting take. I'll have a think about that.
Don't take this the wrong way, but when I first read your exposition, I got the impression you were extremely obsessed with women. Later on, I understood the points you were making, but that impression still remains. There's just too much bulk material in that essay. Is it too wrong to say that you were having problems with women while writing that essay?
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

I'll risk getting involved in another thread... no promises to keep up the responses though.
David Quinn wrote:If you don't have this contrast [between masculine and feminine consciousness], then you're likely to conclude, as Laird has done, that men and women are similar.
Oh, sure, there are differences, it's just that the differences that you point out are over-exaggerated, and the true differences are more superficial. At the core, male or female, we're all human beings striving to make sense of the world and make our way in it; we all have a similar (yes, of course there are differences) degree of intelligence, of self-reflective consciousness and of capacity to introspect; we all have a similar sense of compassion and empathy for the suffering and needs of others; we all have our faults and deficiencies that we generally wish we could overcome. That's about the sum of it, as I see it - I just don't see the point of all of this "women are inferior to men" crap that you preach. The heart and soul is human. That should be the focus.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

dejavu wrote:
jupiviv wrote: Most importantly though, the consciousness of an average man is probably strong enough to break through to a higher consciousness, whereas the consciousness of an average woman isn't.
Sorry, why would this be important assuming it were true?
It would be important if you consider achieving higher consciousness to be important.
This kind of psycho-babble should be spurned. I prefer mocking blather like Davids notions of 'Emptiness', only because it disgusts me less than such deformed discussion of how sex relates to consciousness.

So why do you think that sex does not relate to consciousness?
The average man breaking through to a higher consciousness of his... essentially 'average' nature. O cruel irony! Bitter tragedy!
Nature(character) is only possible when there is consciousness. So the more conscious someone is, the more of a nature/character he has.
pointexter

Post by pointexter »

IJesusChrist wrote:But really
IJesusChrist wrote:women are not
IJesusChrist wrote:are they?
Not really.
pointexter

Post by pointexter »

The 'feminine' loves psycho-babble. In it she finds herself.
Last edited by pointexter on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pointexter

Post by pointexter »

Kunga wrote:How would you explain hearing footsteps coming down the stairs when no one was coming down the stairs ?
Schizophrenia?
Last edited by pointexter on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

That's not what I'm asking. How would it be important if on average the members of one sex figured better than the other in this regard?
I can only repeat what I said. If someone considered achieving higher consciousness to be important, then they would give importance to the fact that one group has more potential than another.

I think you're trying too hard to be something you're not, so you're ending up confusing both others and yourself.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

How would you explain hearing footsteps coming down the stairs when no one was coming down the stairs ? i am alone now...and i'm in a very cold room...and i'm getting the creeps talking about this now...
Nearly all women that I know say the same thing. They hear, and see things in their house.. "How come I've moved into yet another haunted house.. I'm so unlucky." I was having this conversation yesterday morning with a friend of mine, and she was seeing things in her new home. Same with my next door neighbour, she saw things in all of her homes. Somebody should do a study on this, as it comes down to chemicals of some sort.. women would be much better off if there was a way to control these chemicals.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Kunga: This world as you see it...is not as solid as you think..as a matter of fact what you see is an illusion of conceptual dualities that have nothing to do with Ultimate reality. If we were Enlightened this reality would be seen as an illusion.
Yes!!

But the enlightenment of which you speak requires that all dual concepts be dissolved into Ultimate reality so that they no longer arise in the consciousness of man, man in this term of reference as being the metaphor that transcends the division of consciousness into male and female, man and woman. The attainment of this enlightenment that transcends (eliminates) dualism in the mind of man requires discipline and obedience to fulfilling that which he has come to realize.

Discipline and obedience to the truth that dualism is an illusion has nothing to do with gender; however, the seeing through of the illusion of gender is one step toward becoming disciplined and obedient to what one has come to realize of the difference of the ways of thinking of the flesh man and of the man of Spirit (the man who is obedient to speaking of the righteousness of the truth that it is not possible for Consciousness [Ultimate reality] to divide Itself).
jufa

Post by jufa »

Want all the men here who are attempting to define what the consciousness of a woman really like, add to the prejudices which has infested the world with stupidity. I say this on a truth, and a right now truth, which is, if you are not a woman, you cannot speak on behalf of what is the consciousness of a woman.

Let me illustrate how stupidy not only affect the individual who has not experience a situation, or circumstance, nor condition, but the harmfulness it spreads to them who believes the lies one who is not woman, nor has not expereinced living from a woman's position, elevates the mentality they proprogate to their children, who in turn pass to their peers, and on into the next generation. Such lies passed on and preserved are what keeps the mentality of possessive self-righteous dualism alive.

If you are not a woman, all you speak upon and about a woman is a lie, and a lie is a lie is a lie. You wonder whay the world is as it is today, because of the lies you tell, that's why.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

ATUM : "Women also let their emotions cloud their judgement."

If i was driving down the road and in front of me a semi truck changed lanes heading straight at me my emotions of fear/survival instinct would kick in immediately , that reaction would probebly save my life.

If i was walking down the street late at night and a car pulled up beside me and someone from inside the car told me to get in....my emotions would kick in to save myself.....

If i felt love for a little creature in a animal shelter that had been abused and took it home to care for it and save it's life....

If i was abused horribly ...beaten and raped by my boyfriend...then through fear and anger i made a plan to get away from him.....

So what i'm trying to show you is that our emotions are sometimes a indicator that something is going on and we should pay attension to it.

Most men tend to ignore their body (aches & pains toothaches, whatever ) and postpone or never see doctors.
Women are more in tune with their body and go to doctors more regularly or at least address the problems instead of ignoring them.

Maybe women trust their emotions as a radar/indication /intuition.

Love,hate,anger can be useful tools as well as destructive.

To be without any emotion is probebly a sign of mental illness.
To be overly emotional is probebly a sign of mental illness.

Balancing emotions/logic/rationality is the norm i think of most normal people.
Geniuses are not of the Norm . i have no idea of what it's like to be a Genius. i am of normal intelligence....that's why i admire those more intelligent than myself...but also i see how there is some unbalancing quirky things about people with high intelligence....they need to be around normal people (like a seeing eye dog)....(that's how i see it anyways). Eintstein (thus i heard) would get lost walking around the block !
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

IJesusChrist wrote:
Kunga wrote: i'm not...i detest men that lie. i live with a compulsive liar...i have no respect for him and will never trust him again.
?? present tense. Is this your husband?

Kunga, you confuse me. This whole thread is confusing me, I guess I really don't understand women...

What the fuck is with all the ego's of men in here? It's kind of horrific.

Jesus > i've been in this relationship for 20 years. it's complicated (not as bad as it sounds). When a man cheats on a woman, it's very difficult to forget/forgive. When you have children together you think more about basic survival than personal happiness. (That is my story anyways)
i'm not use to doing what i want when i want it. i'm getting to old to start over again. i just want to live peacefully..without stress...simple things make me happy.....he massages my feet and body anytime i want............
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Kunga wrote:If i felt love for a little creature in a animal shelter that had been abused and took it home to care for it and save it's life....

If i was abused horribly ...beaten and raped by my boyfriend...then through fear and anger i made a plan to get away from him.....
So, your concern for an animal-abused is to "save" it's life? but not your own regarding a "human" abuser?

You best save up some pesos and head east.
Don't run to your death
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Tomas wrote:
Kunga wrote:If i felt love for a little creature in a animal shelter that had been abused and took it home to care for it and save it's life....

So, your concern for an animal-abused is to "save" it's life? but not your own regarding a "human" abuser?

No...those things were EXAMPLES Tomas...i am not abused/raped as an individual.
Don't worry...i would never tolerate physical/emotional abuse.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Kunga wrote:
Tomas wrote:

No...those things were EXAMPLES Tomas...i am not abused/raped as an individual.
Don't worry...i would never tolerate physical/emotional abuse.
I understood that, but I'd thought you read between the lines.

"If" (which she wouldn't) my girlfriend of 45+ plus years cheated, I'm gone!

The heck with our 11-year old. She goes with me.
Don't run to your death
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i know...i could easily get myself an apartment..i work for a millionaire lady that OWNS apartments !!!
i don't have the piss n vinegar to struggle by my myself anymore.
but who knows...my plan is to go on a spiritual retreat when i retire ...maybe that separation will be the begining of the end...
after the retreat i will be strengthened...and adapted to being alone.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

So many times seekers of the truth of themselves encounter scriptures/spiritual/psychological wisdom to which they attach their "I Am" and because of this attachment, stagnant in their ability to receive higher wisdom. Attachment to any philosophy, no matter by what name it is called - masculine philosophy, goddess philosophy, christian philosophy, hindu philosophy, science philosophy, is always a philosophy of dualism, of "half the story" and, then, as the layers of interpretation are added, "fragments of the fragments of the half."

As long as men and women do not go deep enough into their consciousness and listen to the voice that arises within them that is transcendent to all philosophies that project SELF as being of two halves, or being of two minds, or of being of two natures, threads such as these (one of a multitude on this forum, may I add) will continue to exist.

What we keep alive in our consciousness is what we are destined/doomed to repeat...and repeat...and repeat....

The intellect loves repetition, for it is its very lifeblood; for this reason it will "dress up" what is old wisdom and make it look new. The mind is easily deceived to believe that the sophisticated wisdom of "masculine vs. feminine" consciousness is any different than the gods' and goddess' worship of centuries past. The intellect evolves by way of layered interpretation, but at its core, it feeds on dualism.

The time is now;
Loose it and let it go
So the I Am of you
Will be your flow.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

movingalways wrote:
The time is now;
Loose it and let it go
So the I Am of you
Will be your flow.
lose*
To think or not to think.
jufa

Post by jufa »

"And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was bound about him with a napkin, Jesus said unto them, Loose him, and let him go."

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa