The prankster personality type in men.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
xerox

Re: The prankster personality type in men.

Post by xerox »

redundant
Last edited by xerox on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crusader

Post by crusader »

Every one I've told this story to has laughed about it because it's funny. Sounds like a lot of you would have parents in jail for spanking their children. Oh the physical abuse! Oh they could commit suicide!! People are not weak because God challenges them every day. If you can't pass his challenges then God has no use for you.
xerox wrote: How does a lone 15yr old do that. How did you get the pictures developed without the police getting called. Were you doing photography in 10th grade? Was this before or after the internet began, digital photography, printing photos at home and laws that make it a criminal offence for a minor to photograph and distribute naked images of themselves.
I guess you've never used the timer function on your camera and yes, it is possible to develop film, there is no age requirement and I was not reported.
xerox wrote: Ouch. Thats gotta hurt. A lot. Enormous commitment to 'fun.' Plus, there's self harm and rationalisation here.
"Poured" was a hyperbole, I admit. I just wiped a little in my eyes. The pain kept me from laughing which was crucial for the success of the prank.
xerox wrote:Except you keep hearing from your memories about him...
When did I say I kept "hearing from my memories of him"? You mean you've never remembered an amusing event from the past? Do things have to be psychologically traumatic to be remembered for you?
xerox wrote: l can relate to teenage pranking and mischief. l got up to all sorts of nonsense in my youth and used to harrass the teachers (the soft targets only, as lm sure you would appreciate), relentlessly, for attention and laughs. But it stopped cold in 10th grade, when l was abruptly woken to the truth of my behaviour. Plus l was into bullying, vandalism and stealing too. None of which l now find amusing. Mostly embarrassing and regretful. In fact l think all these prankster behaviours are manifestations of cowardice... hit'n'run, hiding oneself from any blowback. Sort of what you're doing with the way you tell 'your story.'
Isn't it interesting that in three lines I read right through you, xerox? You're projecting your own psychology and trauma on me.

xerox wrote: masturbation would definately be a way to get attention from a lover.
you must get all the girls.

I remember this prank because it was funny. I also remember playing Super Mario with my friends. Does that mean I feel guilty about it? Or is it my "libidinous insecure ego" frothing for plumber sex? I get hot just thinking of strong Italian men gliding down perfectly lubed pipes. Perhaps I was sexually abused by a turtle and I like to smash them for revenge.

You can go on and on with your psychoanalysis as long as you remember that it's based on your personal opinion, not fact.
xerox

Post by xerox »

redundant
Last edited by xerox on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
paco

Post by paco »

You people should should listen to more hip-hop. It coincides with pranksters, gansters, pimps, and players.
I am illiterate
skipair

Post by skipair »

crusader wrote:I remember this prank because it was funny. I also remember playing Super Mario with my friends. Does that mean I feel guilty about it? Or is it my "libidinous insecure ego" frothing for plumber sex? I get hot just thinking of strong Italian men gliding down perfectly lubed pipes. Perhaps I was sexually abused by a turtle and I like to smash them for revenge.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Awesome.
Nick

Post by Nick »

crusader wrote:Ah great story, it reminds me of when me and my chums pranked for the sake of female attention.
crusader wrote:Why can't you accept that people do things for entertainment without alterior motives? You say people prank for the attention of women? That's absolutely ridiculous.
Would you mind entertaining me (no ulterior motives please) and attempt to reconcile these two statements you made?
Mohamed

Post by Mohamed »

Nick Treklis wrote:
crusader wrote:Ah great story, it reminds me of when me and my chums pranked for the sake of female attention.
crusader wrote:Why can't you accept that people do things for entertainment without alterior motives? You say people prank for the attention of women? That's absolutely ridiculous.
Would you mind entertaining me (no ulterior motives please) and attempt to reconcile these two statements you made?

This is the inconsistency you allways see when egos try to defend themselves.
Sadly the ego seldom admits it. Even if you show it so clear.

And I'm not making myself an exeption. :-l
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

You robbed this guy of his career and his pension, and possibly his freedom if he was put in prison - and you think it was funny because you thought he was a "stick in the mud." You refuse to admit that causing someone permanent and pervasive harm could have been going a bit too far, even though at the time you were too immature to realize it. That says that you are still too immature to realize it, or that your ego is still too big to admit it, and that all of this has to be pointed out to you says that you were not really thinking. At the very least, on a thinking forum, you could start to think about it now.

You know the guy's full name and where this happened. At the very least, you could look up what happened to him as a result of this prank. I still wouldn't find it funny due to the potential for harm even if everything turned out okay, but observing cause and effect might be helpful.

And I do believe that in some circumstances, some children do need a spanking. Actually, I also believe that some adults deserve a caning.

Oh, and as for the laughing when you tell that in person - there are many reasons one might laugh other than finding something funny: nervousness, uncertainty of what to do, attempting to conform... I wonder how much these same people would differ their responses if they could tell you what they thought from behind an anonymous name on a computer screen. Although sometimes anonymity lets people be more of a jerk than if they had to own up to their statements, anonymity also sometimes allows people to be more honest than they'd have the courage to be otherwise.