Non-Verbal Language Schizoid Symposium

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Stay Puft

Non-Verbal Language Schizoid Symposium

Post by Stay Puft »

Give your hints and tips on Non-Verbal Language. How to make it more easy and intuitive for the conscious thinker.

I have my own conclusions on this matter, but I'm interested in your thoughts and feedback.

By the way, I'm new here. Seems like an interesting place.
Last edited by Stay Puft on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trevor Salyzyn

Re: NVL Schizoid Symposium

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Leave the city and raise horses. It's pretty difficult to figure this out if you're not schizoid, so take a few hits of cid just to be sure.
A mindful man needs few words.
Philosophaster

Re: Non-Verbal Language Schizoid Symposium

Post by Philosophaster »

Stay Puft

Post by Stay Puft »

So far, only inspiring insights... Always perfectionists. You know, I won't mind if something you say will sound stupid.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Not another of you.
Stay Puft

Post by Stay Puft »

Maybe it's the avatar...
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

I didn't choose anything.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

In this post, I colour in how non-verbal language works. It took a month of thinking to get you an answer, although the answer wasn't in this thread. Kind of a coincidence you reappeared after a month, no?
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Jason and skip,
Lao Tzu wrote:"The sage sees the world as an expansion of his own self."
I wasn't expecting anyone to find anything common in my experience, so I'll tell a story that fleshes out this quote somewhat better than my abstraction about treating subconsciousness as consciousness did.

Earlier this month, I was sitting in the Central Academic Building, people-watching (junk food for the soul). It was packed with students, and there was a line of at least thirty people at Tim Horton's. From my chair, I had a view of all their faces.

At some point, I noticed that a girl in line was looking at me. As soon as our eyes met, she started talking a lot louder to her friends, and her movements became extremely animated. She kept looking over at me to see if I was amused. It reminded me of the reaction I get from children, and the corner of my lip curled in a smile. I'm not sure how much of the shy smile was deliberate, but I certainly glanced away despite myself.

She bought her coffee and disappeared. Several minutes later, I stretched at what I thought a random moment, and out of the sheerest coincidence, as I was turning to crack my back, she was walking toward me with a friend. There had been no way I would have known she was coming back. This time, I simply ignored her. I was kind of unnerved by the coincidence. The timing was too perfect, almost choreographed.

The last I saw of her, over all the noise of CAB, I heard her say a word, a little too loudly. Already, and even though I had never seen this girl before as far as I know, I could recognize her voice. "Sorry." As far as her consciousness extends, it was part of a different conversation.

Just as if I had been dealing with a dog, I can abstract a meaningful dialogue from this, but the fact is that I viewed the world in the exact same introverted, self-aware way that I view myself. The world, her included, was responding fluidly to me, with actions in the world building and expanding upon my own thoughts and actions.
windhawk

Post by windhawk »

"...everybody knows that a dog wearing clothes is still a dog"