Mental Abuse vs. Physical Abuse

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Joe-Draper

Mental Abuse vs. Physical Abuse

Post by Joe-Draper »

To Insult Someone is to Hurt Them

Mental abuse at the epiphany of.

A slap in the face would be better than mental degradation, the sting
of a slap goes away, but the sting of words lasts a lifetime.

Mental abuse is far worse than the effects of physical abuse.

Mental abuse is a learned thing that repeats itself over and over again,
the urge to mentally hurt someone comes about when the abuser has been
violated against.

The recipient of the abuser realizes there is a mental illness, and if smart leaves
the situation immediately until calm returns. Amazingly enough, the recipient will
stay in an abused situation where the love is more pronounced than the abuse.

To Be Continued Maybe!
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Re: Mental Abuse vs. Physical Abuse

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

People actually hurt themselves, too, when they hurt others ( Socratic theory ). They waste their precious time on inventing evil tricks of the tongue.

Depends on what they tell you. Some mental abuse actually takes on the form of a real threat, and so starts to become a physical one. What I mean is you have to ask yourself are you scared of the comment, or of what it says about the person who said it? Note : think about how mental abuse always correlates with facial gestures etc. Mental abuse has all these branches...

Not a lifetime, I hope! Unless you let it. If they have a brain, they do not mean to say what they say. Remember, degeneracy is a fact of life that will haunt you around every corner. Achieve what evil does not...namely to make every moment special. Evil thrives on the fact that we live in the past and the future, knowing full well that we forget that we cannot control them.

I agree with you. Many people are however just more unemotional or "hard" and they cast off insults without feeling any of the effects. The clever thing is to know yourself: do you FEEL more than you THINK? Feelers are not bad people they are just more sensitive and therefore probably also more creative on the art scene etc.
Joe-Draper

Post by Joe-Draper »

"Do you feel more than you Think"?

Never heard of it put this way before.

Abusers are only protecting themselves from previous abuse. They mentally abuse others
when they feel threatened. They are victims too.

Everyone thinks the abuser is the bad guy, but she's really the victim herself as well as the
person she's mentally abusing.

The abuser has learned to sheild herself by mastering the techniques of verbal abuse. To her
it's like wearing a neon sign on her forehead flashing Don't Fuck With Me!

Joe
Hegarty

Post by Hegarty »

Joe-Draper wrote:To Insult Someone is to Hurt Them

Mental abuse is far worse than the effects of physical abuse.
Not sure that is true, physical abuse often has a hefty amount of mental abuse attached to it. For example.....rape.
Joe-Draper

Post by Joe-Draper »

The sting of a slap goes away, but the sting of those degrading,
violating, sharp words are destructive.

The mental state needs serious attention for healing to take place regardless
if the abuse is physical or mental.

Both are detrimental, however the mental state of mind is effected no matter
what way we look at it.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

Destructive comments can make a person want to cry but really, when people have to resort to really low levels to degrade you, you should know that you are a success. Tragically, its often the price we pay for greatness. Truly great people will have truly great enemies...I remember that a lecturer once viciously tried to convince me that I am cross-eyed, pathetic and too short to study at the department...my eyes have been described as "pieces of heaven", "my best asset", and I am a straight A student. I'm proud of putting up a fight. People can be sly and evil and then you should know you are better than them.
Joe-Draper

Post by Joe-Draper »

What that lecturer told you was maybe his/her way to make you
work harder, however those were hurting detrimental words no
matter what way one looks at it. Even if there is truth and you are
cross-eyed, only a moron would call you cross-eyed. That's like
calling a retarded person retarded.

I am cross-eyed but have never been abused for it. Actually, my left
eye goes outward, it's called amblyopia strabismus. I lived a life-time
and have never been insulted over my eye. One time a little girl asked
me about it, so I explained it to her.

I wonder if that lecturer abused people on a regular basis. Usually, one
who've been abused on a regular basis they will be the worst abusers,
because they've learned from the worst.

The abuser learned to abuse others to protect himself/herself, they are hurting
too. It's a vicious circle.

Obviously that lecturer hurt you back then, because it still bothers you, which is
my point exactly, the sting of words last a lifetime, but the sting of a slap goes away.

Rape is a violation, it is more than abuse, it is wrongful intrusion--an invasion. The way women
dress these days, it's like they are asking to be raped. They admire their own bodies and show
them off in scantily dressed clothing exposing sexual parts, which can be titallating and enticing.

It's no wonder there are so many rapes world-wide.

Nice talking with you Thank you
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Are you blaming women for being raped?
A mindful man needs few words.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

( In reply to Joe )

Thanks. But my point is that words do not bother me, it's just the violence that goes with them.
Joe-Draper

Post by Joe-Draper »

It wouldn't surprise me one little iota that women are asking to be raped.

But, a man must control his thought and not put that thought into action,
when he puts his thought into action, he risks being penalized. At the time
he doesn't think about consequences, he doesn't think at all, his little head
speaks for him.

When a woman dresses like a whore, its like she's wearing a neon sign on her
forehead that flashes pick me pick me. She knows her body is beautiful, and
she wants everyone to see it, including the women.

A mans body is beautiful too, but he doesn't go around with the ass of his pants
cut out exposing his butt. Men are genuinely beautiful but their behaviour differs from women's,
they don't feel a need to expose their private parts, whereas women do.

A woman exposes her breasts, her ass, her belly, her legs, to share the beauty, not necessarily
asking to be raped, however she should use her discretion at the clothes she chooses at different
times, different events.

Women use their bodies to lure men in, they decorate themselves like christmas trees to get their
attention. They are asking for something, what do you suppose that is? Men use their logic to entice
women to get the same thing.

Men or women, we are all sexual creatures attracted to one another. Sex is a necessity for most people, and
if rape is involved, then he should be thrown in a jail for just rapers. The rapers can have a hayday raping
each other, until they are sick to death of raping one another. To get raped against one's willpower is the detrimental
part. Perhaps if there is no intervening from the guards, then when jail time is over, these culprits will have learned
a valuable lesson, that to be raped is not a cool thing to do to anyone. After an x-amount of raping jail time, these rapers
should attend intense therapy for them to overcome the urge to rape others. Or perhaps voluntary women should be brought into the jails just for sexual purposes. There would be less anxiety.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Although it looks like you put energy and effort into trying to think about rape, you are off target.

Women, especially young women, dress like that because they are told repeatedly, most often by men but also by media and other women, that their sole value is their body. From the time they are little girls, they are told they are pretty, dressed up, wrapped in ribbons and bows, and exposed to role models who are literally models.

Men, from the time they are boys, are defined more by what they do and what they have.

Whatever gender, people want to be valued and avoid being shunned. Men get the message that they have to go earn their value, so they do. Women enhance their sex appeal because that is what society has placed on them as the only possible way they can be valued. They are told they will never be as smart as men, never be able to earn as much money as men, never be as strong as men so they had better not even try to do anything that requires strength, so be a good little whore because no fat chick will ever even be accepted.

She tries her best to be accepted and valued, or at least not shunned - and when she does as she's influenced to do, men claim she asked to be raped. If she doesn't look like a whore she gets shunned, or at least left on the outskirts of anything going on.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I don't think all of those points are true anymore, at least in most 1st world countries. Woman have been told constantly for some time now they are as smart as men, can earn as much as men and do whatever they like etc. Yet, despite this, say, 20 years of social conditioning, young women arguably work harder now, and do more that is quite radical, to enhance their sexual appeal than ever before. It's got to be more than just social and familial conditioning. And of course, that social and familial conditioning has to come from somewhere too.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

There was an effort to change these things, and to an extent it did work - but it is different in different countries. In America, if anything, it has suddenly gotten worse in the last decade. Kevin noted when he was here that the US and Australia treat women differently. On the internet, many sites seem almost like a free-for-all on woman bashing. You've seen it on this site when people go on about how the great philosophers were all men, great inventions were all from men, great leaders were all men, etc.

Check the replies to this video. The female cop messes up her technique and gets hit. This has happened to male cops too, but because it was a female, there are all these comments about how women shouldn't be cops. Then look at some of the related videos and ask why videos with male cops are just listed as cops, and why videos with female cops are specified (either in the title or the audio) as female cops. What's the subliminal message there? Again, check the comment section. With all the videos of male cops screwing up, have you ever seen a comment that men shouldn't be cops? On that second vid, both a male and a female assisted the officer after her gun was taken away. Both the male and the female citizens were about the same size, but did anyone comment about the man's weight?

Here's another cop one with a female office who does not look "hot." That seems to be the entire purpose of posting that video - and the comments center on suppositions about her sexuality. Again, if you are a female, you'd better whore yourself up or face the consequences.

I know from personal experience that for every sexual harassment case like this one, where a female cop was refused necessary backup or this one with a female firefighter not being given the same opportunities - for every one that we see getting to court, there are countless more that don't get that far, and even more than that which are never so much as responded to other than another chip at the mentality of the females that are subjected to this stuff.

Even though there are laws (which are not regularly followed) about workplace discrimination, there are no laws about general discrimination in society - and that is where most of the damage happens (and the seeds of where workplace discrimination comes from). On this one site alone, there are 1,950 products that mostly display the message "no fat chicks" (though at least one says "no flat chicks") and some of them proudly display the "made in the USA" label.

In the US for the last maybe 5 years or more, young men from teens to late 20's often refer to their girlfriend as their "ho." Females were left with the choice of letting themselves be referred to as whores, or be excluded - which is somehow extra-painful for teenage girls.

If enough people either physically or mentally beat someone up enough, that person - even nearly a whole generation of a gender in a country - they'll give up and go along with it. Yeah, you can only push a person so far and they will fight back - but keep pushing long enough and hard enough after that, and they do get broken.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

If there was a kudos system then I'd give you a kudo for that post, E (I didn't follow any of the links - I assume that you represented them accurately), not necessarily as the best possible response to Dan, but in its own right.