Love/Hate

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Shahrazad

Re: Love/Hate

Post by Shahrazad »

So, you're saying you were ok with losing her love, and you did not suffer? If so, this means you can love people without getting attached.
DivineIntercourse

Post by DivineIntercourse »

That's not what I meant. I really gotta go to bed now, so... I'll post something tomorrow.

Btw, an emotional involvement without attachment - what do you think?
DivineIntercourse

Post by DivineIntercourse »

People that are intelligent and emotionally responsible are the types of people that I would prefer around me. They are not only mentally stimulating, but they also are emotionally comforting. I guess this means that I'm an idealist? Anyway, I prefer people who get emotional (I'm probably using this differently in how someone else might use it) over people who don't. I feel they are more trustworthy – unlike let's say an unemotional psychopath. That's not to imply that people who don't feel emotions are evil, it just means that people who feel emotions have something to stop them from doing the wrong thing. For instance, it's not hard to imagine that if someone could commit the perfect crime (rob a bank), then they'd do it, right? - but I tend to agree that if a person has a strong conscience, they'd think twice and possibly feel bad if they'd commit this crime – Or better yet, they wouldn't make the wrong choice in the first place. So, as you can see, feeling bad about being bad, isn't so bad, because it prevents people from being bad, and we certainly don't need anymore bad people in this world. Now, with that said, there are ways to intellectually think over something such as robbing a bank and make the right moral choice, but this doesn't happen very often. Healthy emotions stop people from making the wrong moral choice. This is a huge part to why I think emotions are good.