David Icke

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
DivineIntercourse

David Icke

Post by DivineIntercourse »

Has anyone here heard of him?

To me, he seems like a very intelligent and sincere fellow, but some of the things he talks about appear too out there (if you know what I mean). I'd imagine that, if it were true (his main message), he would purposefully be wrapping the truth in fairy tales (reptilians, etc), because of fear for his life. I mean, it seems like he's made it his mission-in-life to expose greedy power-seeking world leaders and their secret plans to the public (of course he probably earned a lot of money from it), so if such powers were to exist, then it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine - if he were to be more explicit - these leaders would prefer to keep their secrets, secret.

...On second thought: it may very well just be another ploy for profit! What do you think?
Cory Duchesne

Re: David Icke

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Hello Divine, welcome to the forum.
DivineIntercourse wrote:Has anyone here heard of him?

To me, he seems like a very intelligent and sincere fellow, but some of the things he talks about appear too out there (if you know what I mean). I'd imagine that, if it were true (his main message), he would purposefully be wrapping the truth in fairy tales (reptilians, etc), because of fear for his life.
There are plenty of counterculture icons (e.g., Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore, Christopher Hitchens, Adam Curtis, Ron Paul) who have no problem openly criticizing the 'powers that be' without resorting to the far-fetched speculation that Icke falls prey to. (not saying the guys I mentioned aren't without their flaws, of course)
I mean, it seems like he's made it his mission-in-life to expose greedy power-seeking world leaders and their secret plans to the public (of course he probably earned a lot of money from it), so if such powers were to exist, then it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine - if he were to be more explicit - these leaders would prefer to keep their secrets, secret.
What secrets exactly did you have in mind? Rather than debate Icke, maybe we should delve into some of his specific views, and see if we can agree on the 'Icke offerings' that are actually valuable.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

With regards to David Icke this video says all you need to know

David Icke: Was he right?

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=d ... david+icke#
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Icke's problem is his addiction to vilifying grotesque caricatures (which, unwitting to him, are his own making).

It's really sad to watch him complain about living in an Orwellian state while enjoying a sunny day playing soccer, using his video cam, and enjoying a lucrative career as a counterculture icon. Yes David, the state is so fascist - it's terrible how you've had the freedom to publish whatever the hell you've wanted, duping people into believing nonsense, all the while making a good deal of cash. Such oppression!
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Icke's problem is his addiction to vilifying grotesque caricatures (which, unwitting to him, are his own making).

It's really sad to watch him complain about living in an Orwellian state while enjoying a sunny day playing soccer, using his video cam, and enjoying a lucrative career as a counterculture icon. Yes David, the state is so fascist - it's terrible how you've had the freedom to publish whatever the hell you've wanted, duping people into believing nonsense, all the while making a good deal of cash. Such oppression!
Seems to me that YOUR problem is your addiction to vilifying others. I'm willing to bet you have bad things to say about others as well. From what you wrote I KNOW FOR A FACT that you didn't watch the video about David Icke. He doesn't live like a rich man. He lived in a small apartment on the Isle of Wight. I certainly hope he lives better now for I do indeed consider him to be one of the most courageously important men of the modern age. He is most definitely not crazy insane, as many dimwits accuse him to be.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Renaissance wrote: I'm willing to bet you have bad things to say about others as well.
Definitely. No argument there.
He doesn't live like a rich man.
I never said he did. My point was that while complaining about how orwellian everything is, he has had the freedom to publish whatever he wanted, his books have not been banned by (as he puts it "the galloping orwellian") state - and he has made enough money to live comfortably and travel all over the world. I'm getting really sick of the flaky hyperbole of the left - vilifying the government when it's the masses which give the ruling class their power.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
Renaissance wrote: I'm willing to bet you have bad things to say about others as well.
Definitely. No argument there.
He doesn't live like a rich man.
I never said he did. My point was that while complaining about how orwellian everything is, he has had the freedom to publish whatever he wanted, his books have not been banned by (as he puts it "the galloping orwellian") state - and he has made enough money to live comfortably and travel all over the world. I'm getting really sick of the flaky hyperbole of the left - vilifying the government when it's the masses which give the ruling class their power.
I'm man enough to openly admit that my diagreement with David Icke is in harmony with what you wrote. I believe ALL COUNTRY governments are pulling some sort of Illuminati slick on the populace they control. David Icke has no recommendation of what country we should all move to in order to escape all Illuminati influence. If he lived in Communist China and wrote and spoke out against the government he would have been killed before anyone of the mass populace would even have heard of him.

Still, he has shared important information about the insidious nature of the Illuminati and the mass hypnosis they are instigating upon the hapless sheep-brained idiots through the mass media. I feel this is the core reason it has become increasingly difficult to establish and maintain true friendships in the modern world.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Renaissance wrote:I believe ALL COUNTRY governments are pulling some sort of Illuminati slick on the populace they control.
Why do you believe that?
David Icke has no recommendation of what country we should all move to in order to escape all Illuminati influence.
Do you presently feel as if you are being influenced by the Illuminati? If so, what exactly are they doing to influence you?
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Renaissance wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:Icke's problem is his addiction to vilifying grotesque caricatures (which, unwitting to him, are his own making).

Seems to me that YOUR problem is your addiction to vilifying others. I'm willing to bet you have bad things to say about others as well. From what you wrote I KNOW FOR A FACT that you didn't watch the video about David Icke. He doesn't live like a rich man. He lived in a small apartment on the Isle of Wight. I certainly hope he lives better now for I do indeed consider him to be one of the most courageously important men of the modern age. He is most definitely not crazy insane, as many dimwits accuse him to be.
So now it's Cory who has bad things to say about others, not just me. Why don't you send him a copy of The Secret?
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

I agree with about 80% of everything David Icke teaches. Watch the video and you will have your answer. I really don't want to bother talking too much about it for it tends to make me negative:

Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

brokenhead wrote:
Renaissance wrote:

So now it's Cory who has bad things to say about others, not just me. Why don't you send him a copy of The Secret?
I believe that the main reason there are so many bad things happening in the world is because most people are continually harping upon the bad thus manifesting more and more bad into the world. I believe the Illuminati are feeding upon this fact and are doing their best to use it to their overall advantage.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Renaissance wrote:I feel this is the core reason it has become increasingly difficult to establish and maintain true friendships in the modern world.
That's it. Blame others for your own failings. Not only can you not take responsibility for your inability to make and keep friends, you blame some hidden "Lizard" race that secretly runs the world.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Renaissance wrote:I believe that the main reason there are so many bad things happening in the world is because most people are continually harping upon the bad thus manifesting more and more bad into the world. I believe the Illuminati are feeding upon this fact and are doing their best to use it to their overall advantage.
Is that why you are so cheerful and positive?

Look, I'm not saying that negativity does not bring more negativity - it certainly does. What I have been saying is that this is not and never has been any kind of "secret."

And exactly what is the advantage the supposed Illuminati have to gain? What are they going to do with it? Goad humans into biological and nuclear warfare? Are they immune to pathogens and radioactivity?

Why can you not see this is nonsense?
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Watch the video and get your answer. I don't want to discuss this.

Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

I watched the video, Sid.

My main critique about Icke, his followers, and all new age, conspiracy & religious types is that they rely almost entirely on hearsay, anecdotal evidence. They get bamboozled by the confident, articulate and urgent expressions of a speaker or a writer, and they go along for the ride. I read it, or heard it, so it must be true!

It also helps a great deal when the message involves something extremely fearful (fantastically devious, powerful, shapeshifting serpent race). And it helps even more when you add a heavenly plane of existence, a place where the goodness of our consciousness transmigrates to when we die.

If you can create such an ideological polarization, one that titillates the positive and negative emotions with the right intensity, you've got the recipe for an irrational cult following - which Icke has obviously generated.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Cory Duchesne wrote:I watched the video, Sid.

My main critique about Icke, his followers, and all new age, conspiracy & religious types is that they rely almost entirely on hearsay, anecdotal evidence. They get bamboozled by the confident, articulate and urgent expressions of a speaker or a writer, and they go along for the ride. I read it, or heard it, so it must be true!

It also helps a great deal when the message involves something extremely fearful (fantastically devious, powerful, shapeshifting serpent race). And it helps even more when you add a heavenly plane of existence, a place where the goodness of our consciousness transmigrates to when we die.

If you can create such an ideological polarization, one that titillates the positive and negative emotions with the right intensity, you've got the recipe for an irrational cult following - which Icke has obviously generated.
Sounds to me like you are basing your conclusion in this matter upon...hearsay
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Nice try - but no. I've known and dealt with more than a few people in my life (myself included) who have come to strong (and very bizzare) beliefs, not because they've had any first hand experience with the things they believe, but because a book said so, or because a charismatic speaker said so, or because a documentary movie said so. It helps when the message is, as I said, simultaneously frightening and elating. Fear mongering is one part of the show, but offering salvation is what seals the deal. This is something I know based on my own mistakes, as well as by examining the often sad, desperate lives of acquaintances and friends.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

DivineIntercourse wrote:Has anyone here heard of him?

To me, he seems like a very intelligent and sincere fellow, but some of the things he talks about appear too out there (if you know what I mean).
I think Icke cloaks utter insanity within an inner shroud of just enough obvious reality to make him seem a tad less than a complete looney. However, his status as a loon is so obvious I find it laughable that he gets talked about at all:
In 1999, Icke wrote and published The Biggest Secret: The Book that Will Change the World, in which he identified the extraterrestrial Prison Warders as reptilians from the constellation Draco. They walk erect and appear to be human, living not only on the planets they come from, but also in caverns and tunnels under the earth. They have cross-bred with humans, which has created "hybrids" who are "possessed" by the full-blooded reptilians. The reptiles' hybrid reptilian-human DNA allows them to change from reptilian to human form if they consume human blood. Icke has drawn parallels with the 1980s science-fiction series V, in which the earth is taken over by reptiloid aliens disguised as humans.

According to Icke, the reptilian group includes many prominent people and practically every world leader from Britain's late Queen Mother to George H.W. Bush, Hillary Clinton, Harold Wilson, and Tony Blair. These people are either themselves reptilian, or work for the reptiles as what Icke calls slave-like victims of multiple personality disorder: "The Rothschilds, Rockefellers, the British royal family, and the ruling political and economic families of the U.S. and the rest of the world come from these SAME bloodlines. It is not because of snobbery, it is to hold as best they can a genetic structure — the reptilian-mammalian DNA combination which allows them to 'shape-shift'."

In Tales From The Time Loop and other works, Icke states that most organised religions, especially Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, are Illuminati creations designed to divide and conquer the human race through endless conflicts. In a similar vein, Icke believes racial and ethnic divisions are an illusion promoted by the reptilians, and that racism fuels the Illuminati agenda.
'Nuff said.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

After watching this video about David Icke I feel YOU yourself would have to be "utterly insane" to believe David Icke is utterly insane.

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Sid, quit posting the same links over and over again. It's stupid. And even insane people can make observations about mind control and suchlike that speak to a certain social reality. It's obvious stuff. TV dulls the mind and hypnotizes us into believing all sorts of shit that isn't true, as well as living in a way that we don't need? Gee whiz, that's a revelation! Who'd have ever thunk it!!

Yawn.

Icke is clearly insane.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

I've decided to believe that David Icke is being intentionally ironic. He's doing exactly what TV does, because he was trained to do it, but spins it differently.
A mindful man needs few words.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Dan Rowden wrote:Sid, quit posting the same links over and over again. It's stupid. And even insane people can make observations about mind control and suchlike that speak to a certain social reality. It's obvious stuff. TV dulls the mind and hypnotizes us into believing all sorts of shit that isn't true, as well as living in a way that we don't need? Gee whiz, that's a revelation! Who'd have ever thunk it!!

Yawn.

Icke is clearly insane.
Well, I guess it takes one to know one
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:I've decided to believe that David Icke is being intentionally ironic. He's doing exactly what TV does, because he was trained to do it, but spins it differently.
If that's the case, Trev, he's a gifted ironist.
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Well, I have read several of his books and they are extremely well annotated. Most of his books mention nothing about the reptilians. The one about the world trade center is very good.
Truth is a pathless land.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Iolaus wrote:Well, I have read several of his books and they are extremely well annotated. Most of his books mention nothing about the reptilians. The one about the world trade center is very good.
There are a number of Google videos on that site. Anyone can see for themselves that David Icke is not some crazy and insane person.