Why?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jackl666

Why?

Post by jackl666 »

Why are you all so sad, thinking that you are "geniuses" when all you discuss is enlightenmnt?

How smart you are!
Ryan Rudolph

Re: Why?

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

what do you believe are better topics for discussion? sports and the weather?

Because surely there is nothing of higher quality than exploring the nature of the rational mind in comparison to the irrational mind....
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

jackl666 wrote:Why are you all so sad, thinking that you are "geniuses" when all you discuss is enlightenmnt?

How smart you are!
What is sad about thinking about enlightenment?
Burn0neDown

Post by Burn0neDown »

Dan Rowden wrote:
jackl666 wrote:Why are you all so sad, thinking that you are "geniuses" when all you discuss is enlightenmnt?

How smart you are!
What is sad about thinking about enlightenment?
Well enlightenment itself. It is so overrated and so misleading. The enlightened individual knows that no human being is better than any other. Yet they act like enlightenment is a transcendence of what it is to be human. In reality, the unenlightened human is just as well off. Sure the enlightened individual knows all the big questions. But the unenlightened individual doesn't care about those questions (conventionally, they never matter anyway), and that individual never wasted his time answering them in the first place.

Sure the world would be so much better off if everyone were enlightened. But let's be realistic: There are people in the world who worry about how they will survive. They do not have time to ponder the ultimate questions.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

jack,

Not having the joy of a wonderful surprise or the carefree sparkle of innocence could be considered sad, but the awe of seeing Everything combined with the relief of suffering from bad surprises is a welcome trade. The tough part is the middle, when philosophers lose the ignorance but have not gained full enlightenment.

It sounds like you are at that deceptive stage when you think that you can go no further because you already know all that there is to know - but you don't see the promised light. You don't see the true light because you are not there yet.

You have to dig through this block. You are very close - so close that the map seems to end where you are - but you are not quite there yet.
Ryan Sepulvado

Post by Ryan Sepulvado »

To what promised light do you refer, Elizabeth?
tek0

Post by tek0 »

Ryan what do you do for a living?

A bit of a personal question.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Jack, it's a good question to ask Why. An intelligent question.
tek0

Post by tek0 »

I will defend myself in any situation because i always get my own body into it.

Yes I am a farking moron but I get off on hearing what people smarter than myself have to say so lets do that.

I will say though that my propensity for aqquisition keeps me affloat and I am not a world banker.

I will die knowing what afflicted our species if it kills me and I am already there.
Ryan Sepulvado

Post by Ryan Sepulvado »

Your brain doesn't have to function very well to be prosperous as a human.
The prosperity of which I speak is the only type that matters.
I'm fairly certain you're smarter enough.

Which Ryan were you asking a question? There are two of we, myself and Rudolph. That's a nice name... Rudolph. Dolph... that's a great syllable.