baby goes home

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: baby goes home

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Interestimg, eh?
Yes interesting.

except what we get for the most part is:

a hit, run and giggle coping strategy.

machinery.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:Tomas: If 'everyone' is permitted multiple accounts where is this forum headed?

I'm aware that David Quinn had at least one another account.
Who knows why he had/has another. Have you thought that (maybe) he was locked out of an email account for whatever reasons?

Better yet, PM him and ask for the dirty.

While you're at it, inform him of Alex's five accounts. That should go over well.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Nick Treklis wrote:
Shahrazad wrote:Tomas,
PS - Be careful, Alex, he just may try to marshal support (from Cory, Diebert, Carl, Foresta Gump etc.) and get you kicked off Genius Forums...
And that could indeed happen, as Alex does not enjoy being in good graces with the 3 admins like you do. Even Dan, who is the friendliest of the 3, does not seem to like Alex.

-
I don't know that Tomas is in especially good graces with anyone, but it is surprising to see him around this long after the closure of "worldly matters", be it on his own recognizance or the administrator's. His contributions are mildly entertaining at best, which I guess is slightly better than Alex attempting to suck the life out of the forum.
A big thanks, Nick for the sublime of approval.

As a side note, I predict that Worldly Forums will reopen (a dull roar of applause breaks about the lightly-attended audience members) and I'll even go one further and predict that you will start a doofus thread praising Miley Cyrus...

Bets, old buddy?

And yes, Alex is continuing to suck the life out of the forum ;-(

He's up to five accounts and running more and more spam. "Everyone knows" so that makes it right because Alex says so. But he and Bobo are on top of things checking into why David may have had/has an extra account here. Maybe just a backup, just in case the forum suffers another hacking. Our good friend Elizabeth, managed to recover some of the lost material. Bless her heart. She and Nat (Unidan) married and have recently moved to Virginia.

Oh yeah, Alex was banned from Nat's KIR forum for being the usual dip squink like he is here. Too bad, he had promise. Prolly needs a med adjustment or taken out back and a good working over.

Huh, Bobo could probably respond here to David, Kevin and Dan .. they've all posted in this thread.

I see Brokenhead/Cousinbasil have, too. Wow, what those Ivy college educations can do for one's ego.

Well, well. Alex has posted as Alex Jacob, Talking Ass, Alexis Jacobi and Alex T. Jacob in this thread. Highly educated folk need multiple accounts. It's good to be a liar in today's world, I guess...

Guess I'll hafta go back and get degree or two and open a couple extra accounts here too, just in case...

Hey Bobo, send your pre-packaged PM regarding Alex's many accounts to Dan, Kevin and David. The gang's all here.

That's what happening at Genius Forums, Nick. Stop by some time and be repulsed :-/
Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I am genuinely sorry that you are distressed. But as Ghandi said, 'Be the change you wish to see in the world.'
Ni ange, ni bête
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Alex Jacob wrote:I am genuinely sorry that you are distressed. But as Ghandi said, 'Be the change you wish to see in the world.'
But most people are not built for real, revolutionary change. And those who are and do so still stay stuck in some of the same old ruts like Ghandi did.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Alex,
It is not, with that in mind, at all difficult to grasp why I take such an oppositional stance to this forum (speaking generally) and why my 'project' is totally misunderstood. In fact it is not even seen.
The 'hit, run and giggle derisively' coping strategy is a piece of inauthentic machinery used by Opposition Leaders in Parliamentary debates against proposed Government legislation and as a way for Oppositions to get impact in media interviews in 5 minute grabs.

It's inauthentic because the entity (opposition) recognises it's not in it's own power and has become resigned to existing as a persistent complaint.
A persistent carping.
The entity's stand has no power and yet craves a powerful stand.

All we've heard from you is 'persistent complaint'.
A political stance.
Not spiritual.

What do you stand for spiritually?

'strenghthening of self'?

where is it at for Alex when it's not a persistent complaint craving the authenticity of a powerful stand?
Is there Leadership in Alex?

I don't want to hear any more of Alex the gutless wonder.
That's not all you are.
Give us your Vision.
Dig it out.
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

mansman wrote:Did you see the married lesbian they want a baby have a family, sound nice you agree?
so yes somehow pregnant only one, baby growing all excited also her mother waiting, seem like nice to me (without thinking), BUT then what happen next is baby born! Turn out boy baby, a male! So two days in hospital all four go home, breatst feed also, they talk about how "precious" is little baby, they say "we so happy", all look good, BUT, inside me, feeling like "something is wrong with this picture", that my feeling, I begin to think, wait!..... this is a BOY a male baby but there is no male daddy, parent, whatever. Moe I think more feels wrong, maybe they have male friend that speend 2% time with little boy when he grows, BUT...more I think more I say not enough, this baby not will get enough MAN in his life.
Lets be honest, no, THEY be honest not us, let THEM be honest- Do they believe or understand that important, very important to have regular adult male for baby? Answer (if they honest, if you could read minds of lesies) answer is "fuck, WHO CARES if our baby is influence by daddy figure! truth is we really believe our boy is MUCh better off NOT to be influence by ANY Men, men suck, and will only be worse for our baby to be near to men.
WE will mold baby how WE want him to be, to learn 98% from US and our lesie friends. The thought of a man being with our baby scare the shit out of us, always potential for violation at any moment with dirty men. NO, we will pretend to let males raise our baby boy, but we watch and control activity very carefully when grandfather visit, when any men with our little boy. We pretend to trust men who must be near our child, but inside we know and keep secret how little we trust ALL men, how fearful we are they influence our boy, and how diligent we protect him all his life. Keep him close and safe always, make him loyal to us and always reduce male influence."

So Yes I know just by looking this couple how they will feminize this poor child. How they will ruin him. Make him see God=Mother (women), never will he learn truth, brainwashed.
First I feel how nice they have family, but now I think "how can this be alowed by our society?", sure a baby girl MAYBE, but a baby boy born to no father?
The more I see in this country of Americans the more worried i am.
Maybe I wrong, but in my gut seem terrible. In past remember why marriage is, because force father to remain after copulation because they learn impoertent to have man with women to raise all children. But now some people throw away what ancestors have learned and passed to us.
I think I know what kind of man 2 female parents make, but hard to say with words.
I see them sometimes acting on tv, one young man Im thinking I dont know his name but he is mid 20s thin good smile gentle bearded I see him at night on HBO show, very close to mother, dont think he ever have father. Seem perfectly normal well adjusted, quiet, not very shy really but reserved, everybody like him, very likeable but you (I) can see something missing in him. Hard to explain.
Kind of man who "have trouble fight himself out of wet paper bag" as they say. I want to say passive but not exactly right. Maybe you know the actor I mean. They make movies on the show, dont know the name but on HBO I think. Really I dont know much of his past, think he lost father early mom grew him up.
Regardless, hope to hear from others so to help me figure out if my negative feeling is reasonable or just Im shocked because newness of manless family.
"enough said!"

GodsDaughter says: I agree wholeheartedly with mansman on this post, the baby boy naturally needs a man influence while growing up or he's going to be mentally disturbed within himself. He'll be a sissy with all woman influence over him, he won't know how to behave like a man without a man's influence. Men keep other men in line, they keep their daughters in line or they try to. It's no wonder the world is so messed up because of one-parent families or lesbian control. You never see two men together trying to raise a kid, in this case also the child would need a female influence to balance out with both male and female influence. Children need both influences, but people are to stupid to see this truth. A daughter needs the influence of a father as well as a mother, the same with a son. Sure some children may appear to be well adjusted with one female influence, however the child will be lacking in male influence necessary for proper development.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Tomas wrote:
Bobo wrote:Tomas: If 'everyone' is permitted multiple accounts where is this forum headed?

Who knows why he had/has another. Have you thought that (maybe) he was locked out of an email account for whatever reasons?

While you're at it, inform him of Alex's five accounts. That should go over well.
I think DQ's case was more of a Kierkegaard like pseudonym than anything else.

Rowden has once made one account, in another forum, for dialetics (in which he was a woman).
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Bobo wrote:I'm aware that David Quinn had at least one another account.
Just checked it, my information is false.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:
Tomas wrote:

I think DQ's case was more of a Kierkegaard like pseudonym than anything else.

Rowden has once made one account, in another forum, for dialetics (in which he was a woman).
What's our problem here?

You show up November, 2010.

Who were you before then?
Don't run to your death
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Dennis wrote: All we've heard from you is 'persistent complaint'. A political stance. Not spiritual. What do you stand for spiritually? 'Strenghthening of self'? Where is it at for Alex when it's not a persistent complaint craving the authenticity of a powerful stand? Is there Leadership in Alex?
This is the first good question I have seen you ask, so I will answer it.

First though, about the 'hit, run and giggle' (your words, I wouldn't describe that aspect of my presence in that way, but for the sake of an answer to you, I'll accept it). My whole presence, now and always, is couched and saturated with humor. Meaning, irony and parody (and also sarcasm). These traits are such a part of any person with (what I call though you may not) education and wide reading. Irony and humor are, for me, essential ingredients to be able to participate in life. If there is a god, and I think there are surrounding presences in this life (I have no idea how to define 'them') that communicate to us, I have discovered that 'they' are deeply ironic. Don't be confused by assigning a 'they' (personhood). I don't mean it that way. This plane of existence, in my view, is saturated with irony. It is a terrible irony because in so many ways this life is tragic and difficult and painful, but still it is deeply ironical, even in some sense a little 'diabolically' so (don't take this word at face value). Discovering what that is, what that means, is to me a 'spiritual task'. The Zen people were not unaware of this, BTW.

Note: Irony, parody and sarcasm completely upset the rigid ego-structure of certain persons. Because they wish to see themselves and present themselves in a certain light (image-management), they insist that you see them as they wish to present themselves. They have a very hard time ironizing themselves and, in fact, this irony is deeply threatening to their whole presentation of self. As I said before, irony, sarcasm and ridicule overturn despotisms, and in a despotism irony is an offense punishable by death.

Now, I am not confused: this is not a despotic state. Yet there are people here who cannot and will not examine themselves ironically. Why? Because they take themselves, their ideas, their view of themselves far too seriously.

I suggest (with respects to Tomas) that every aspect of his recent display and desire (like a bloodhound or like a perverse detective) to bust Basil was entirely ensconced in a ridiculous, childish, and downright laughable display of 1) ego 2) meanspiritedness and 3) total waste of bandwidth offering NO SERVICE to the stated goals of the forum (conversation, essentially). I suggest that the only response to such behavior is ridicule, that is to say, a mirror of life's deep ironical response to our own stupidities.

Here is Life's response, Life's deep ironical response: "You fool! You're so close to death's door I can reach out and touch your hair, and yet you will carry on this fool's display right up until the final moment! FOOL!" And Life busts out in terrible laughter!

We are all that close to death's door. Who will go next, Dennis?

I find that the word 'spiritual' keeps retreating farther and farther away, though at one time I thought I understood it. From a very early age (perhaps in some ways 'too young') I have been involved in 'spiritual questions', or existential questions, questions having to do with the deep mystery of existence. Having made a number of very wide circles I find myself in a place of reassessment and review. What many people refer to as 'spiritual' looks to me, in the end, like Interior Decoration. A change in the decoration of one's home, one's body, the way one speaks, one's inflections. What 'spiritual' should mean, in my view, is something very different. All of my posts, in all the different personages (never used maliciously, and always used with notification and 'ironically'), speak about what 'spirituality' means to me. You seem to hate it when I speak to you in this way, but I am quite aware that you have captured NONE of what I have written. It does not appear on your radar, it is (I am supposing) incomprehensible to you. Right now, at this juncture of your life, you simply cannot get what I am talking about. And I understand this! I fully understand. But it is at that point that I suggest the only means of communicating with you authentically and honestly is through irony.

You can stomp your foot, jump up and down, scream bloody murder, or paste neo-Buddhist prose-poems about your sense of how insincere it all is, but you cannot make me alter my 'tactics'. To be truthful, irony is the only tool now and in the future that will ever be able to reach you. You do not understand this now, but I am completely assured that you will in the future. Knowing what I know, knowledge places me in an odd relationship to you, and certainly to many of those hard beans who take themselves so damned seriously!

It might be useful to hear a little of what you think 'spirituality' to be, that is if you are willing. I am frankly (like so many) pretty bored with the conversation on this forum but, for this, will remain present.
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

I find that the circumstances or conditions of a child's parenting and upbringing mean virtually nothing, and especially in these last days. Even with the very best of M/F parenting and environmental setting the near-totally demented societies and living conditions that fallen and depraved man has developed everywhere will, in short order, destroy any positive, life-affirming conditioning in even the best of children, save for perhaps a very, very few, and turn them into hopelessly botched goods or 'zeros' as I think Nietzsche too once observed and remarked. Though I suspect without his having a deep understanding of the problem or the solution.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Alex,
forget about smashing Tomas.
you and basil got the deception happening,
Tomas cracked the case.
Quit the bullshit and man up.
To be authentic is to admit your inauthenticity.

How can anyone enrol in what you or what you say if you persist in tricky wordsmithing.
play it straight please.
Irony doesn't matter.

Your entire stand is based on the assumption that you know 'everything'.

Tell me of 'everything'.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:Yet there are people here who cannot and will not examine themselves ironically.

I'd suggest that most people everywhere cannot or will not examine themselves at all. But you fail to understand why this is while participating herein in an insincere and frivolous (excessively humorous and overly ironical and sarcastic) spirit of ego-driven one-upsmanship. With true spiritual development and growth comes wisdom, humility, and above all, seriousness. One also puts aside all of his childish ways.
Alex T. Jacob wrote:To be truthful, irony is the only tool now and in the future that will ever be able to reach you.
What makes you think Dennis or anyone can be reached, assuming that they've not been reached? What makes you think irony is the only tool that can reach people? You seem to be highly and quite eclectically knowledgeable and insightful, but sorely lacking in true wisdom and humility. Rendering you too much the book-learned buffoon and too little the life-learned saint or true 'Knight of Faith'.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Alex,
forget about smashing Tomas.
you and basil got the deception happening,
Tomas cracked the case.
Quit the bullshit and man up.
To be authentic is to admit your inauthenticity.

How can anyone enrol in what you or what you say if you persist in tricky wordsmithing.
play it straight please.
Irony doesn't matter.

Your entire stand is based on the assumption that you know 'everything'.

Tell me of 'everything'.
They're intellectually intelligent enough to know that they are lying but they don't have the courage or the self-respect to admit it.
Don't run to your death
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Tomas,

this brand of nihilism:
Here is Life's response, Life's deep ironical response: "You fool! You're so close to death's door I can reach out and touch your hair, and yet you will carry on this fool's display right up until the final moment! FOOL!" And Life busts out in terrible laughter!

permits lying, cheating, scurrilous projections...
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

No, that is not nihilism, that is awareness of death which cuts everything away. Used in the right way it brings sobriety. And yet you are very right to point out that, for most people, even if death becomes real at moments, they do find ways to weasel out of its shadow (of awareness), and who could confute that people do engage in trickery and manipulation? This really seems to be 'our domain'.

The interesting thing, from my angle, is how you continually get hooked when I take an (ironical because there is no way to take you seriously!) jab at you, and everything I say with utmost care and sincerity, passes over your head. The key is to out wite irony (part and parcel of life) by outwitting ourselves. No one of you can REALLY care if cousinbasil is Nanook of the North or the Easter Bunny, and yet in this incredible display of foolishness you carry on as if it matters, to you or anyone! This is, of course, where the real decption occurs.
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

I am really interested in this question of 'reaching', and every forum I have participated has been a kind of training and experiment ground. Because of Tomas's unwitting reference to Isaiah, I was looking over the part: "Be seeing and never understanding" and a whole group of attitudes and assumptions people get invested in when (but what is it really?!) When they are not connected to themselves, when they are caught in the webs of self-deception. I might refer to your Noah's Ark self deception, and the strange almost.neo-Nazi social metaphysic you have crafted and that you front (with a straight face!) It does not surprise me that irony escapes you utterly and you front even more with this 'humility' bullshit. Within this self-deception it is ONLY irony that can reach you. If not mine then life's.

I don't have to be anything but what I am, which is all sorts of different things, just like anybody...if they're honest.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Man up Alex.
Take it like a Man.
Give us authentic response.

You refer to Zen poorly.
The Zen position is:
It's empty and meaningless
that,
it's empty and meaningless.

You've given life essence:
Life doesn't say that at all.
You say that.
The promotion of a brand of nihilism that permits all kinds of bastardry.

If you understood life properly,
you would be warm, considerate, compassionate, deal with people intelligently, honest and be quick to admit when and where you get it wrong.

Your Meaning fails dismally.
No one of you can REALLY care if cousinbasil is Nanook of the North or the Easter Bunny, and yet in this incredible display of foolishness you carry on as if it matters,
You REALLY cared that cuz ought not be identified as brokie.
Your tricks fail the test of Reason.
Give it up please.
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

No, what I care about is something very radically different. I think you and Tomas have to own up to making this your pet project. If you were honest about why (it is so important to you), the conversation would move more into the area of what I personally care about.

'Authentic response' for you and for Tomas is submitting to a sort of inquisitional spirit. Tomas has invented a whole, ridiculous, vain crusade that is a thin foil for a kind of mean-spiritedness, almost an expression of sadism. Surely Dennis you MUST see this? Shouldn't your 'spiritual discernment' kick in here? This is.pretty much all that Tomas.does, bless his heart. It seems to me that you too may be involved in a sort of self-deception about your own 'spiritial' self. And at this point, as I have said many many times, we have to ironically.unravel these ridiculous, puffed-up, buffoon-like 'spiritual' selves. THAT disease, of course, seems here to have its origin in Mahatma David Quinn, but there are many a cheap immitators...

I really am the most authentic.one here! Really! And kind & warm & sensitive & super compassionate.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

If you were honest about why (it is so important to you), the conversation would move more into the area of what I personally care about.
Ethics would be the care,
as a possibility for people in their dealings with each other.

You think you had basil's back,
you hung him out to dry.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:No, what I care about is something very radically different.
From what?

You can be ironic, double or triple so, it still ends up with little old you; being ironic.

So what's your point Alex? that you can be ironic, that you can play in irony, that you are so tied up in your ego that you can't see the irony in your observations?

What you are Alex, is a fool. You like to play the fool, but you will still end up being the fool. How's that for irony?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:Because of Tomas's unwitting reference to Isaiah, I was looking over the part: "Be seeing and never understanding" and a whole group of attitudes and assumptions people get invested in when (but what is it really?!) When they are not connected to themselves, when they are caught in the webs of self-deception.
Why would you suggest it was unwitting?

When growing up here in North Dakota, immigrants from Greece, Dutch, Lebanon, 'Jews', Russia, Scandinavia, Germany .. these peasant folk, merchants, were pushed from their lands to seek a new vision...

I understood norwegian from day one, down the next farm were hard-working russkies, down further were settlers from another place on nature's green earth .. and so on...

They brought their particular religious 'ideals' social mores with them and their versions of bible, quran, torah, eastern orthodox, roman catholic, russian orthodox. That was their 'holy', along with buildings to worship and house their god(s).

After english and norse were the swede language, then arikara and hidista later sioux language. My dad's mother, my grandmother homesteaded next to an indian reserve. She traded coffee, food whatever for their tobacco she smoked from a corncob (actually maize) pipe. It was a crappy life for indians they were starving, no clothes, their way of life had just been stolen and she knew it because she was squatting (legally homesteading on the land to receive 'title' and very prime land, to boot). The natives, the caretakers of the land over millenia had dug a well so ancient it goes back to the last ice age maybe before. A few of us know its location, very few. I've told my wife and two of my seven children. I know who to trust (by life experience) and not. I bought back the original 160 acres some twenty-five years ago. My dad had sold it back in the 1960s to some wonderful children of immigrants. I'm in tight with a select few natives and they will receive the title to the land upon my wife's death for $5 Dollars. Multiple indian graves, a real cool settlement was there (the holy area) and like I said, the well.

So anyway. My mom was a religious fanatic so it was sunday morning and evening then wednesday evening church plus her dad (my gramps) was a 'free minister of god' (he never took a salary or pocketed freewill offering never so his regular bible studies were house to house when people has a 'crisis' of whatever making. They'd share their version of 'holy scrip' from whatever...

Life began way before Isaiah and Judah. And your bullshit Jewish Talmud that permits fucking three year old girls...

I have a scholastic year each of greek, latin, french, german, ukrainian, vietnamese, spanish, mandarin, my abilities are in reading and speaking. So I rely on my micro-cassette and dictate my thoughts on matters-at-hand I do not write languages well, that goes for english, too. (as we all know). This spring it is off to Ft. Berthold Indian Reservation (Three Affiliated Tribes) for more Arikara language studies. This is Lewis & Clark country.

You may perceive of North Dakota as some "hick place" in the middle of nowhere (between the coasts) but are you so blind to come here to the Rez and tell them you are Custer's 2nd cousin? These are the folk who have the weapons, scalps from Little Bighorn, I've been honored to see these artifacts. I've held in my hands the handcuffs that were on Sitting Bull.

So do not suggest that was unwitting...
Don't run to your death
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

A confusion running after a jumble, but still you're really at your best when you're telling these stories, Tomas. I even overlook your judenhass, as it is just part of the country.

I have no illusion: I know now and I knew from the start it would not be possible to get through. I am fascinated by this 'condition', I admit. And I still maintain that 'the presiding god of the place', this sphere, this world, becomes invisible, becomes ironic...in the face of we ourselves. To unravel this irony is (if you'll permit me) 'the beginning of wisdom'.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Tomas wrote:What's our problem here?
Trying to check the evils of multiple accounts with pseudonyms or even non-pseudonyms or what you like.

Tomas wrote: You show up November, 2010.

Who were you before then?
Should we tell'em who we really are?