baby goes home

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: baby goes home

Post by Tomas »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:A confusion running after a jumble, but still you're really at your best when you're telling these stories, Tomas. I even overlook your judenhass, as it is just part of the country.

I have no illusion: I know now and I knew from the start it would not be possible to get through. I am fascinated by this 'condition', I admit. And I still maintain that 'the presiding god of the place', this sphere, this world, becomes invisible, becomes ironic...in the face of we ourselves. To unravel this irony is (if you'll permit me) 'the beginning of wisdom'.
The Talmud reference was related to me by an old jewish fellow when we lived in the San Francisco Bay area maybe 1977 or so. He didn't like all he read in that 'script'. Whether you know it or not I've been to that place (several times) on the political map called Israel, a United Nations creation. I don't know if your god has been there or done that. It's presently inhabited by the three major branches of Judaism. Women are being forced to ride in the back of the bus when ultra-orthodox men step aboard. It's a major prostitution hub of international trafficking of children adult men and women sex-slave kidnapping. It goes with the territory.

You see, Alex. What people criticize about you are the long-winded posts with youtube clips, and quoting others ad infinitum. I used my very-beginning to make a salient point. I can post lengthy responses as you tend to do. People will gloss over these (if I do that most every post) and not read between the lines. You leave me with a snip reply not expanding on how we are together as a whole...

You and Brokeback like Dan, David and Kevin don't have female companionship other than morning coffee at some breakfast restaurant... Yet you come here and bitch about them remaining single (for their own singular reasons) when you are no better than them. You go on and post crap about underage 16 year old girls are available, Sarah Palin this and 21 inch penises and the like. It only telegraphs others that you are a sex-starved (semi-pedophile) 50 something guy that can only get some via prostitution.

Have I reached the 100-word limit as Carl used to say about your posts in this thread? Are scales setting upon your eyes?

It's just about you you you...
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:
Tomas wrote:What's our problem here?
Trying to check the evils of multiple accounts with pseudonyms or even non-pseudonyms or what you like.

Tomas wrote: You show up November, 2010.

Who were you before then?
Should we tell'em who we really are?
You are two posts away from putting on 'ignore'. It's a setting available at Genius.

My next step is placing Alex's many accounts on 'ignore', too. I'll keep 'Alex Jacob' and the rest of his usernames can argue among themselves.

I know what happens with Alex. Sue Hindmarsh, jupiviv (or someone new) will post something and Alex's many accounts will swarm and shout them out.
Don't run to your death
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

To unravel this irony is (if you'll permit me) 'the beginning of wisdom'.
Irony bored?
See how irony (new word of the day/flavor of the month) is being put there lately as agenda?
Can our Inquiry transcend a mocking agenda?

If Context is decisive,
is 'where you're coming from'
and 'who you are being'
and 'where it's at'

Decisive?

Irony busted?
Busted as agenda?
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Gentlemen. What interested me in this 'conversation' I have already commented on. I'd like to be excused now.
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alex T. Jacob wrote:Gentlemen. What interested me in this 'conversation' I have already commented on. I'd like to be excused now.
Go for it. Good that you have another four usernames to make more posts regarding 'this conversation'.
Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Thanks, Tomas.
Ni ange, ni bête
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I---we!---thank you for your understanding.
Child and singing cradle one
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

Je vous remerci, cher Tomas. Give my regards to the tomahawks, the handcuffs and the scalps! :-)
fiat mihi
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Alex wrote: I am really interested in this question of 'reaching', and every forum I have participated has been a kind of training and experiment ground.
If you are to ever breakthrough your conditioned self and truly and fully 'reach', Alex (given that you are built for such a rare event - and I think you just might be), you will need to stop 'running' and first begin to see the holes of self-delusion and non-understanding of things in yourself. You seem to be quite adept at often rightly seeing these holes in others, though without certainty and understanding of their roots (though remember too that others can often rightly see the holes in you similarly). Which is all good and well, yet this is not enough.

And additionally, if you are to ever 'reach', and then get an iron grip on that which you have reached, which is equally important, you will need to fully remove your rose-colored glasses, die completely to all that you 'think' you are and know, and then muster up the courage to venture down into the abyss (or "the valley of the shadow of death" if you prefer), and then go on to begin to search diligently and fearlessly for the cold, hard, and often terrifying facts about yourself, your fellows, and human life and being. Then, upon hopefully seeing the light, you will begin to look at life in a totally new and enlightened manner. Seriously and compassionately (with kindness and consideration for others), rather than from the alienating security and safety of barbed humor, irony, and sarcasm. Not that these things don't have their place in life, but you get far too carried away with them. And most likely more than one journey down into the abyss will be necessary in order for you to firmly secure that 'iron grip'.

I too have extensively utilized many various online discussion forums for "training and development" for nearly 11 years. And they have been of tremendous value for my growth and development towards spiritual or human perfection. Attending many hundred A. A. meetings (growing in relationship with real life) over the past 34 years has also been of great help in this greatest of spirit or soul liberating adventures. These activities (along with others - some of them being quite foolish in retrospect) have at times also helped me to maintain my sanity, which finally is no longer at all in jeopardy. And my growth and development in the past two years or so has been with considerable leaps and bounds.

Upon your undergoing total 'conversion', I think you would make a good shipmate for my Ark, though I doubt very much if you could ever make the rank of Captain or be able to create your own Ark. Which is understandable and fine. Regardless of one's rank, just being a fully living participant in this glorious adventure is all that really matters.
Alex wrote:I find that the word 'spiritual' keeps retreating farther and farther away, though at one time I thought I understood it. From a very early age (perhaps in some ways 'too young') I have been involved in 'spiritual questions', or existential questions, questions having to do with the deep mystery of existence.
As it's been said in ancient Greece: "Man, KNOW THYSELF and thou shall know the universe and the gods.” Till that time, keep on truckin' Alex, and if and when you 'arrive' or 'reach' you will come to see that being intensely (and very likely at times uncomfortably?) preoccupied with "spiritual or existential questions" at an early age was a blessing in disguise.
Alex wrote:I don't have to be anything but what I am, which is all sorts of different things, just like anybody...if they're honest.
Contrarywise, I have to be what the Infinite commands me to be, and regardless of the honesty or lacking thereof of those around me.

Lastly, while we must most definitely completely see the log in our own eye, it's also important to see the many splinters in the eyes of our fellows. Though the manner in which we do this is of key importance. The former must be done with rigorously mercyless persistence, while the latter must be done with love, respect, grace, understanding, acceptance, patience, and above all, unending forgiveness.

Bob M. - Your Captain
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Being said I Alexis myself, a bit more Whitman, as lot call and tell, a poem not for Bob, but for captain himself.

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:

But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchored safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;

Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,

Fallen cold and dead.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Many times the Captain wished he laid, cold and dead upon the deck;
But that no longer is the case, the pirates are finally all in check;
So his sails are fully raised, skies are clear, it's full speed ahead;
Much hell the Captain shall also raise, before he finally lies cold and dead (upon the deck).
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:
Bobo wrote:I'm aware that David Quinn had at least one another account.
Just checked it, my information is false.
Hey, Blair. Here's Bobo's expertise.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:Rowden has once made one account, in another forum, for dialetics (in which he was a woman).
Here's Bobo's expertise, again...
Don't run to your death