Thou Shalt Not Disappoint Her

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
kissaki

Thou Shalt Not Disappoint Her

Post by kissaki »

Quality article. Opening paragraph:
Nothing symbolizes spineless deference more than a man on bended knee proposing marriage to his girlfriend. When he utters to her that timeless four-word question — “Will you marry me?” — he is taking the biggest risk of his life: disappointing her. Through this emasculating act, he’s really asking her to bury him.
http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com ... t-her.html
Last edited by kissaki on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas

Re: Thou Shalt Not Dissapoint Her

Post by Tomas »

kissaki wrote:Quality article. Opening paragraph:
Nothing symbolizes spineless deference more than a man on bended knee proposing marriage to his girlfriend. When he utters to her that timeless four-word question — “Will you marry me?” — he is taking the biggest risk of his life: disappointing her. Through this emasculating act, he’s really asking her to bury him.
http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com ... t-her.html

1. So, what are you doing about it?

2. Ask your parents what they (each one) thinks about this article?

3. Do you do any Big Brother mentoring?

4. Do you volunteer at any homeless shelters?

5. Do you help out at any soup kitchens?

6. Or, are you just another arm-waver?

Don't really give a fawking shit about some bozo article written by a hand-pumper with nothing else on (or in) his mind but slamming women.

What do you propose as an alternative?

kissaki

Post by kissaki »

Tomas wrote: 1. So, what are you doing about it?
Not marrying and unwisely flattering women for one thing.
Tomas wrote: 2. Ask your parents what they (each one) thinks about this article?
All my relatives and friends know what I think on this topic. And so do their wives/husbands/female friends. I've lost and gained their respect to varying degrees, and I remain unconcerned about any of it.
Tomas wrote: 3. Do you do any Big Brother mentoring?
No. If my daily and normal courses of actions and words do not represent "mentoring" then I have nothing to offer at all. A special "Big Brother" mode or personality is a fool's game.
Tomas wrote: 4. Do you volunteer at any homeless shelters?
No. Irrelevant.
Tomas wrote: 5. Do you help out at any soup kitchens?
No. Irrelevant.
Tomas wrote: 6. Or, are you just another arm-waver?
No, a sword-waver.
Tomas wrote: What do you propose as an alternative?
Leaving women Alone.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

You'll certainly feel at home here...

;-)
Ni ange, ni bête

Post by 804 »

I've read that blog before, or at least the few articles worth reading, and felt that it was all very silly. The tragedy was that the author had a great many good points and threw them all to the wind in favor of sounding like a weak Tucker Max impersonator.
On a radio show in DC, the male host asked me what men’s rights are and why men need any rights — I kid you not.
One of many instances that scream of a victim complex. I doubt he even gives such matters more than a passing glance, however long it takes for him to haphazardly construct the schizophrenic dribble he calls an opinion. Note how many times he mentions that he has been on radio shows, as if he's a celebrity with some dangerous, outlawed opinion.
Why is it that women who falsely accuse men of rape or domestic violence are never prosecuted?
I call bullshit. Having grown up in a white trash community, I've seen more than one instance in which a needy, pathetic woman felt the need to punish her equally needy, pathetic partner by calling the po-po on him and claiming to have been treated like a punching bag-- I've also seen those women get fined or hauled off for filing a false police report. Thank God.
Why is it that Hollywood and Madison Avenue continually portray men in sitcoms and TV commercials as moronic, impotent servants to their wives?
Because those moronic, impotent men are moronic, impotent comedians in real life and their obese "fat guy in a little coat!" shenanigans need tempered by perky tits and a trendy, bitchy 'tude from an inexplicably hot wife.
Her presidential campaign and Website were all about women, women, women — which is overt sexism.
Is it sexism when Budweiser plasters its adverts with scantily clad models? No. It is tending to a target audience, and that, like politics, is good marketing. On a side note, real feminists (read: rational women who are above the sort of emotional immaturity that the title suggests) didn't roll the red carpet in for Hil because she's a weak woman and a liar. As much as I'd just love for Bill to be in the White House again (could you imagine the sort of party it would be with him unemployed?), she has an unstable track record and was too much of a damn pussy to stand up to a husband who obviously didn't respect her.

I'd love to see him touch on that. I really would.
Is there a Mackenzie in your home? Is she your daughter, your girlfriend, or your wife — or all three?
Questionable parenting, and bad choice in romantic partner. You're only as good as the company you keep.
In wimpy America, Mackenzie will find many men to follow in her father’s tiptoes.
Good God, no. Any female co-workers (I would never befriend such a materialistic, ungrateful bitch) who displays this sort of behavior is blessedly single. Any male friends who mistakenly hook up with such girls just as soon dump their princess asses to the curb.

"Wimpy America"? Bitch, please.

While I, and I'm sure you as well, could shit all over this article all night, there is space and the content of others to consider. Just assure me that the majority here doesn't take this sort of impotent rage seriously.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

804's attitude to women seems to be the common one. Most men become misogynists, like 804, because they think women are retarded men. But there's something in it that troubles me.

It says that women ought to be men's equals, but be sexy, with perky tits and so forth.

It doesn't allow women to be truly free, not really. It says women must be an obedient slave who pretends to be one's equal in all respects. She has to stand up to the husband, when he wills it. She has to be trendy, bitchy, with attitude, and inexplicably hot, but only if he wills it. She has to do it all in a very intelligent way, so that he is never reminded that it's his orders.

If only men would see that sex and social status isn't everything in life. To use their wits.

It seems to me that women and men today are still fighting over the marriage/child-raising problem. Still both unconscious of the underlying dynamics. Perhaps a good thing will come of the separation of the sexes, where women realise they can raise children on their own, and men realise that they are completely liberated from family life and civilisation maintenance. Then women might evolve to be able to replace men as civilisation builders, and perhaps in hundreds of years arrive at masculinity, and we'll see if men can use their wits to climb to the next level: enlightenment.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

804 sez:

"Because those moronic, impotent men are moronic, impotent comedians in real life and their obese "fat guy in a little coat!" shenanigans need tempered by perky tits and a trendy, bitchy 'tude from an inexplicably hot wife."

[The following is perhaps only a bit related to what you wrote].

One thing a woman can always do, and it will always have a big effect, it will always capture attention, is to play a sexy role, to get dressed up in hot-pants, to play at and become a skilled seductress. If that happens on a culture-wide scale, it represents the corruption of women and there may be no turning back, because when young women and girls see other women, and their peers, getting such immediate and incontestable benefits from it, and if they themselves have no control or ethic that keeps them from giving themselves up in that way, the trend will just continue until the culture is completely whorified (hey, an unintentional play on words).

The thing is that women, playing these games, can always out-tempt, out-manoeuvre, and out-fox men, and so the men who are there, because they have contributed to and allowed these circumstances to arise, surely are just a bunch of dolts. They really have no say in the matter, do they?

If this is happening, and you can't do anything about it and must accept it, or worse if you accept it because you have no means to critique it, how truly fucked you are...

In third-wave feminism there is a sort of split over this issue, some saying that no matter what, women must have control over their own sexuality, must assume that control, and even if it is 'abused' (which they can hardly define), it is still better that women have this power and use it as they decide, according to their will. Others see it as a corruption of power, but not 'true' power, and see women digging holes for themselves as they pander to 'the male gaze'.

To receive my other Puritanical Tracts, just send a SASE to:
Save the Nation
PO Box 28837
Sipsape, N Dakota
[Specify lecture Number 327 entitled 'Tattooed Sluts of America']
Ni ange, ni bête
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

What's third wave feminism?
Truth is a pathless land.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Howdy, Anna! Third-wave feminism is the more or less third generation of feminist theorists. The daughters of the daughters of feminism.
Ni ange, ni bête
kissaki

Post by kissaki »

I had to reread the article after seeing 804's hostile response because I wasn't sure if it was the same article. I think the author made solid points: Marriage is not about love, women act like children in marriage and treat it like a princess fantasy, and men are pussy-whipped and only too willing to assist women in their folly. Are there some exceptions out there in the real world? Sure, but case studies don't disprove trends. Just because you successfully manage to avoid these types of women in your personal life doesn't make it all go away.

I think 'impotent rage' is a more fitting title for 804's rant than the author's.
kissaki

Post by kissaki »

Kelly,

That's a mighty big if. If men were relieved of civilization maintenance duty I'd likely say 'goodbye humans.' And to somehow separate the vast masses of men from their lovely females ... they'd simply commit suicide or go into 'destruction mode', as life would lose all meaning to them.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Kissaki,

There is a significant number of men who are very angry about feminism. They are really struggling with their lust and love for women. They also have a lot of anger about manginas - male feminists, who have sold out.

Germaine Greer argued back in the early 70s ('the Female Eunuch') that women should realise that men really hate women's sexuality, and that women should unleash their sexuality to the fullest. This view was supported by many feminists - Alex's 'third wave'.

Now, around about the time these early feminists have hit menopause, and are no longer pulling the guys, they realise that sexuality isn't the eternal well-spring of power they imagined. These horrible women, like Camille Paglia, are now advising that young women try to snag a husband while still youthful and attractive, because a completely sexually liberated woman in her 60s will not be a man's first choice of wife.

Feminism, having shot itself in the foot, has forced at least men to face the ugly psychologies of women. So I disagree that men would prefer to commit suicide than abandon women. They are growing up - and realise that women are unlikely to admit their mistake .... or will they? These angry men, men who don't want to get married, are talking about a war against women. It is somewhat misguided, but one can understand the fear and shock that is driving it.

I wonder though. Will women submit and apologise, or will they be truly penitent, and take responsibility for themselves? How masculine are these new masculine-women ?

I'm not holding my breath for Weininger's miracle.

Post by 804 »

I don't really fancy myself a misogynist, just an onlooker who gets to chortle at poorly written blog posts from atop her (I am a woman, by the by) Internets throne. Really, I do agree with some of the OP's points, as I did say, but they were written with such childish rage and broad, ridiculous strokes that I had no choice but to not take them seriously.

It isn't so much that I'm against woman's rights, or for man's rights, as I'm (like most of you, I'd imagine) for human rights period.
Marriage is not about love, women act like children in marriage and treat it like a princess fantasy, and men are pussy-whipped and only too willing to assist women in their folly. Are there some exceptions out there in the real world? Sure, but case studies don't disprove trends. Just because you successfully manage to avoid these types of women in your personal life doesn't make it all go away.
Things were so much easier when people suffered in silence through loveless marriages, weren't they? I'm not being cruel or patronizing when I say that; I really do wish that divorce was still discouraged and something to be looked at as shameful.

As for your latter point regarding "these types of women": If a woman is an immature, emotionally retarded brat during courtship, what will change during marriage? I have to reiterate myself yet again when I say that you're only as good as the company you keep.

If marriage inexplicably changes her? Then thank God you insisted upon that premarital agreement.
kissaki

Post by kissaki »

Yea the woman bashing is played out. It's all besides the point.

Infinite is obvious.

Even if a thoughtful man finds a thoughtful female partner with whom he establishes a trustful and mutually beneficial relationship, he is still at a loss. Provided his attention isn't completely occupied by his mate, a man finds that everything is still beyond him and his other, he finds that he is still effectively alone in this universe. The devotion and love from his mate, however sincere, is but a drop compared to the greater self-evident reality. He still dies. He still knows countless came before him. He still knows countless will come after him. He still knows he lives in but one of millions of galaxies impossibly far away. He still knows he exists in a sea of infinite. It's obvious. In fact it's so obvious he has to play a game of pretending it isn't obvious because his entire existence depends upon it not being obvious.

Woman is obviously not Infinite.

Post by 804 »

Yes, yes, we're all but specks in this frighteningly large universe. But until that universe collapses upon itself or mankind finds the reason for our being (other than to merely exist, as the rest of the animals do), then what's there to do about it?

Having a loved one doesn't change the greater truths in life-- you indeed will die someday, and yes, you are but one of billions in the world.

I have a Playstation. I love my Playstation and spend at least an hour a day playing it. I also love my boyfriend, and in an ideal world would spend at least an hour a day playing with him as well. Those facets of my life don't make me a complete person, and they don't change all the awfulness and insignificances in life, but they do make me happy.

I'm not sure whether we're on the same wavelength right now, but do you understand what I mean?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

804, you have a reality, too. Do you think, in an ideal world, you'd spend an hour or more a day pondering that?
A mindful man needs few words.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:804, you have a reality, too. Do you think, in an ideal world, you'd spend an hour or more a day pondering that?
You wouldn't either if you had a Playstation.

Post by 804 »

Hah! Indeed not, for non-Playstation owners.

As far as reality, yes. I'm painfully aware of my reality. I'm also aware that despite the harshness of reality, there is good and fun and gentleness and all that fluffy shit as well. Even the most abominable of humans owe themselves the necessity of happiness, at least every once in a while.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

brokie: I dig Guitar Hero. I wasn't criticizing the Playstation so much as the absence of a few items in the needs-an-hour-a-day list.

804: Why do you suppose that when I said reality, I was talking about something painful and harsh?
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:brokie: I dig Guitar Hero. I wasn't criticizing the Playstation so much as the absence of a few items in the needs-an-hour-a-day list.
Why doesn't it surprise me that you like Guitar Hero? I''ve never seen it - in fact, my exposure to Playstation is almost nonexistent - but I hear it is all the rage and boys in a certain age group cannot get enough of it. The key phrase being "certain age group." Yes, our Tevor is young at heart.

I limit my exposure to things like that because it cuts into my limited time too much. I am certain that if Guitar Hero were around when I was a kid, I would never have learned how to play a guitar.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

brokie: yes, people who start out on Guitar Hero develop very bad habits from the game, and become unteachable when it comes to playing a real guitar. I already know how to play a guitar, though. The game is a party trick that takes only a little time to master. At least I'm not wasting my time learning contact juggling.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

At least I'm not wasting my time learning contact juggling.
Aren't contacts too small to juggle? And don't you need to be wearing them to see what you are juggling in the first place?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Contact Juggling

It's that shit Bowie was doing in Labyrinth. Biggest waste of time ever.

Post by 804 »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:brokie: I dig Guitar Hero. I wasn't criticizing the Playstation so much as the absence of a few items in the needs-an-hour-a-day list.

804: Why do you suppose that when I said reality, I was talking about something painful and harsh?
(Ever bully a drunk at a party into playing Guitar Hero? It's the best.)

I assumed that you were talking about something painful and harsh because that seems to be the tone. I'm confused by Kissaki's logic, this no matter what happens you are still at a loss stuff. Just today I've gone to the funeral of a loved one, ended a relationship with someone very dear to me, and realized that almost all of my high school friends turned into drooling mommy bloggers. It's a punch in the gut, surely, but even after all of that I don't feel at a loss.

There are people who lose all of their limbs, who realize that their lives have been shams, any number of tragedies that you could ever imagine; and they still realize that they have potential. From what I interpreted Kissaki as saying, is that even in happiness, you are at a loss. I just can't wrap my mind around that sort of defeatism.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

804 wrote:and realized that almost all of my high school friends turned into drooling mommy bloggers.
Sounds scary. What is a drooling mommy blogger?

-