I have skin cancer.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Elizabeth Isabelle

I have skin cancer.

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

I have sking cancer. I just found it on the back of my hand. I am an American without insurance, and a great deal of debt. I would have posted this in the Worldly Matters forum, but it is now closed. I am sorry to have "polluted" GF proper with such a message, but perhaps we cam dea; woth this as How does an enlightened person deal with skin cancer?
Carl G

Re: I have skin cancer.

Post by Carl G »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:I have sking cancer. I just found it on the back of my hand. I am an American without insurance, and a great deal of debt. I would have posted this in the Worldly Matters forum, but it is now closed. I am sorry to have "polluted" GF proper with such a message, but perhaps we cam dea; woth this as How does an enlightened person deal with skin cancer?
Hmm, maybe this is what is affecting your typing skills. Anyway, sorry to hear this. Assuming your diagnosis is correct, or even if it is someone else, you should be able to get medical assistance as a low income person -- here we have something called Access. Secondly, consider locating a good alternative healer. Many work on sliding scale payment plan, and I'm sure there are alternative therapies available.

As for how does an enlightened person deal with skin cancer, I would imagine they might begin by absolving any internal fear reaction.
Good Citizen Carl
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Elisabeth,

I think there are a huge number of alternative cures for cancer that hold great promise. I have heard of some for skin cancer, but I have little time right now to advise, however, I will not forget, and you are welcome to pm or email me as well.

I would go to www.cancertutor.com and not far down on the first page he tells how to search his huge site for specifics, such as skin cancer.

I think like this, go to google, and input this entire string

site: cancertutor.com skin cancer

or perhaps with quote marks

site: cancertutor.com "skin cancer"
Truth is a pathless land.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

You say 'you just found it', but it is something that requires a biopsy and a professional diagnosis. Have you had it diagnosed? Also, there are various sorts of skin cancer, some that are minor and treatable.
Ni ange, ni bête
kissaki

Post by kissaki »

Despicable ! This is not a cancer forum. Realistically, how many of the individuals that post here do you expect to be in a knowledgeable position to medically discuss cancer or what to do about it. At best they can offer other sites to refer to, something which no doubt you are capable of doing by yourself, as you see above.

This post is the equivalent of a woman crying rape in order to bring about emotional responses and waves of people seeking to "help" out of the goodness of their hearts. Disgusting! You are on your own Elizabeth. Expect no pity or help. If you were as wise as you claim to be you'd already know all this.

Flame if you must, but I value Reality above all else!
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Elizabeth is obviously distressed (by something, nor sure if it is by the skin cancer), as seen by her uncharacteristically brief and badly-typed posts, so I'm not sure that attacking her at this moment has much benefit. Being a long-term contributor, she has a right to share personal details of this kind, even if it is just to draw a few comforting words.

If she made a habit of it, it would be a different matter.

-
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Warren Zevon, the musician, once had internal cancer, but didn't know it. He knew something was wrong, but he had the acquaintance of some medical students, and sought their advice rather than seek professional advice. They told him nothing was wrong, and he died several months later.

The moral of this story is to seek the proper advice.
(Although in this case it may be that Elizabeth is not really seeking advice, as such).
Angel Ramirez

Post by Angel Ramirez »

Poor Elizabeth. If only she had dealt with more important things first, she'd be able to deal with this "skin cancer".
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Alex Jacob wrote:You say 'you just found it', but it is something that requires a biopsy and a professional diagnosis. Have you had it diagnosed? Also, there are various sorts of skin cancer, some that are minor and treatable.
Skin cancer is almost always 100% treatable. But you must get it treated.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Last edited by Steven Coyle on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Elizabeth,
Did you delete your "Enlightenment" thread? If so, why?

Folks often have a breakdown prior to the Big Breakthrough. It clears away the ego-programing so that the grace of Liberation can take its place.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

mikiel wrote:Elizabeth,
Did you delete your "Enlightenment" thread? If so, why?

Folks often have a breakdown prior to the Big Breakthrough. It clears away the ego-programing so that the grace of Liberation can take its place.
Elizabeth has had an "episode" related to an illness, so I deleted that thread. She'll be back when she's ready. I'm sure if she's enlightened it won't go away!
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

kissaki wrote:Despicable ! This is not a cancer forum. Realistically, how many of the individuals that post here do you expect to be in a knowledgeable position to medically discuss cancer or what to do about it. At best they can offer other sites to refer to, something which no doubt you are capable of doing by yourself, as you see above.

This post is the equivalent of a woman crying rape in order to bring about emotional responses and waves of people seeking to "help" out of the goodness of their hearts. Disgusting! You are on your own Elizabeth. Expect no pity or help. If you were as wise as you claim to be you'd already know all this.

Flame if you must, but I value Reality above all else!
I got your Reality right here. Kissaki this.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Kevin Solway wrote:Warren Zevon, the musician, once had internal cancer, but didn't know it. He knew something was wrong, but he had the acquaintance of some medical students, and sought their advice rather than seek professional advice. They told him nothing was wrong, and he died several months later.

The moral of this story is to seek the proper advice.
(Although in this case it may be that Elizabeth is not really seeking advice, as such).
Not to be a perennial fly in your ointment, Kevin - or ointment in your fly, for that matter - but this is from Wikipedia:
In interviews, Zevon described a lifelong phobia of doctors and said he seldom received medical assessment. In 2002, after a long period of untreated illness and pain, Zevon was encouraged by his dentist to see a physician; when he did so he was diagnosed with inoperable mesothelioma (a form of cancer associated with exposure to asbestos, and also the same cancer that killed Steve McQueen). Refusing treatments he believed might incapacitate him, Zevon instead began recording his final album.
The moral remains unchanged, but I just wanted it to be clear that Elizabeth does not seem to be saying she has a phobia of doctors or fears that treatment will incapacitate her.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth,

If the treatment is very expensive, and there is no way you can afford it, and your condition is life-threatening, yet treatable, then come to Canada, where you can get free coverage...and there are many loopholes in this country, which will give you instant citizenship...