Judging Others

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
David Quinn

Re: Judging Others

Post by David Quinn »

Alex Jacob wrote:I suggest we conduct a pole in which we VOTE on the most important question of WHO is truly fulfilling God's role her on Genius Forums! Many are they who seek to 'overturn the money-changers tables', upsetting both Pharisee and Sadducee alike, many are they who come forward to shake the foundation of the Old Order and to try to establish the New, yet no one of them is as OBVIOUSLY qualified as I am. I believe that I have the right to be elected the True Jesus of the Genius Forums. Away from me ye False Prophets!
That's right, turn it all into an absurd story and laugh at the whole thing on that basis. Ignore whatever logic and quality of thought is displayed by the various participants. Just lump everyone in the same basket.

You are so predictable.

-
protilius

Post by protilius »

Alex Jacob wrote:I suggest we conduct a pole in which we VOTE on the most important question of WHO is truly fulfilling God's role her on Genius Forums! Many are they who seek to 'overturn the money-changers tables', upsetting both Pharisee and Sadducee alike, many are they who come forward to shake the foundation of the Old Order and to try to establish the New, yet no one of them is as OBVIOUSLY qualified as I am. I believe that I have the right to be elected the True Jesus of the Genius Forums. Away from me ye False Prophets!

God is the snickering silence between electrons.

Deal with it.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Re: my last post on this thread...
Bump.
(You reply to Alex's usual mindless babble but refuse to reply to the serious points of debate I have raised. Just taking the easy shots?)
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

One last bump before I go for another few days.
Cat got your tongue there, David?
I know... There is no cogent argument against the testimony in the post I'm bumping. Best to hold your tongue when there is nothing intelligent to say. I'll grant you that much "wisdom."
maestro

Post by maestro »

David Quinn wrote:
Mikiel wrote:I have *never* said, as libelously quoted, "I am the Messiah." The formal use of quotes, as I understand it, means that the person quoted actually said it. (If there were a court to claim damages for character assassination in a case like this, I would, for the sake of the truth, take him to the cleaners on this falsehood.
Bring it on, big boy. I'll take on your daddy as well.

-
Why not you go to Judge Judy. The network would be more than happy to take your case, and it will be good fun to watch too.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

"Would-Be Messiah accuses Dole-Bludger of Slander". It would be quite a show. Judge Judy wouldn't know where to direct her contempt.

-
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I'd pay to see that show. I would even bring my family to watch it.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

David rebuked me, what more do you want, Mikiel?
Ni ange, ni bête
maestro

Post by maestro »

David likes the idea of Judge Judy. What do you say Mikiel?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

David Quinn wrote:"Would-Be Messiah accuses Dole-Bludger of Slander". It would be quite a show. Judge Judy wouldn't know where to direct her contempt.

-
After reading his (poorly written and less-researched) Great Pyramid paper, he's lacing the forum with bullshit he cannot back up .. rides into town, shoots up a couple threads, then kicks the dust off his feet and leaves for another week.

Be mindful though, he has long, white hair and white beard.

Messiah, here we are.

brad walker

Post by brad walker »

Judge Judy doesn't have jurisdiction over Australia, unfortunately.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

But David can travel to USA, just for fun.
maestro

Post by maestro »

brad walker wrote:Judge Judy doesn't have jurisdiction over Australia, unfortunately
Oh she is not a real judge, she acts as an arbitrator, to which the parties have to agree beforehand, so that her decision can be upheld in a real court of law.

In any case most cases on the show, have dispute amounts which are less than what the participants get for being there, so it is a pretty good deal.

Oh it will be a riot, imagine Judge Judy's take on Wisdom/Masculinity/Absolute on one hand, and Secret Military IQ tests, pyramid prophecy, Mystical Kosmos vision and rude boy persona on the other.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

And then afterwards, while still in Los Angeles, they could tape a few Jeopardy game shows -- is that show still airing? -- who knows, maybe with Alex Jacob as the third contestant -- competing on such topics as Kosmos, YouTube, and A=A.
Good Citizen Carl
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Game show mentality prevails in all posts above pertaining to "my trial" as a false messiah. Sharks in feeding frenzy.
Is no one interested in the travesty agaist Truth here perpetrated by David, starting with his false quote of me claiming "I am the Messiah", and then his refusal to answer my points in reply?

You know.. those points in the post I've bumped twice, just to see if he had any real answers to real questions. No, he doesn't. He prefers the game show... the "kangaroo court." (Did it originate in Australia?)
So he plays to this crowd and will not answer the serious questions I have asked, nor aknowledge the true testimony I have offered, telling the Truth about the One "I Am" in all... the gnosis of which IS the presence of "Messiah" consciousness. (It's not just one, folks... it's all enlightened ones... one with God. Seriously!!

Yes, I'm back, but will be gone again to the high Cascades tomorrow afternoon and then another week.
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

protilius wrote:[

God is the snickering silence between electrons.

Quite so. As long as there remain gaps, some(most ) will find the need to stick God in there.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I think that's called the God of Gaps Theory.
Tomas

Re: What's the origin of "kangaroo court"?

Post by Tomas »

Tomas wrote:.

-Mikiel calls out David-
No, he doesn't. He prefers the game show... the "kangaroo court." (Did it originate in Australia?)

The Straight Dope: What's the origin of "kangaroo court"?

Is "kangaroo" aborigine for "I don't know"?

An Australian friend claims that the expression "kangaroo court" was in fact an American invention of the mid-nineteenth century. What's the straight dope? By the way, how do kangaroos court? -- Hurst H., Arlington, Virginia

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_236.html

Straight Dope has a good message board -- See the thread - Do cows really have an inner compass?

Sarge_Jr

Post by Sarge_Jr »

Judging people before getting to even know thier basic standards of living, thinking, analyzing, is human nature. At first glance, and i mean literally, first glance, we judge appearence (most of us as humans.) Although this could just be blamed on human nature, it can also be blamed on arrogant nature.

How can you judge sombody properly though? It depends on which way you judge sombody. If its in looks or appearance, then you simply decide if the person is Ugly or Beautiful (basic anyways) It takes serious self control not to judge sombody at first site if your used to doing.

However, judging sombody on thier heart or mind set takes more effort, which is probably why more people just judge by looks. As it happens, most of the time, good looking people have a less interesting 'interior', as they concentrate on other things in life than thier personalities, and vice versa for supposedly 'ugly' people.
In my opinion, i wouldnt advise anybody judge by looks, but it depends on personal opinion, once again.

End :)
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Mikiel, you've got to be insane. You yourself accept it as true, then you reject it as false when someone else accepts it.

It's bizarre.

Everyone can see this in your last short post:
mikiel wrote:Is no one interested in the travesty agaist Truth here perpetrated by David, starting with his false quote of me claiming "I am the Messiah",
mikiel wrote:So [David] plays to this crowd and will not answer the serious questions I have asked, nor aknowledge the true testimony I have offered, telling the Truth about the One "I Am" in all... the gnosis of which IS the presence of "Messiah" consciousness.
Are you saying that the gnosis of the 'Truth' you are telling, is not the presence of the Messiah?

Are you saying that the "Messiah consciousness" is different from the "I Am"?
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

One thing he definitely did NOT say in those quotes, is that he is the messiah.
Truth is a pathless land.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

To the forum: Point of info for the sake of continuity... I'm back 'in town' for the weekend.

Kelly Jones wrote:Mikiel, you've got to be insane. You yourself accept it as true, then you reject it as false when someone else accepts it.
Huh? "It" what?
(An aside ... How are any of my unanswered posts above evidence of insanity?)
""It's bizarre.
Ditto.... "It."

Everyone can see this in your last short post:
See what? Are you so wrapped up in your own frame of reference and personal assumptions that you think your "it" and "this" are established without reference to the nouns/phrases involved?
mikiel wrote:Is no one interested in the travesty agaist Truth here perpetrated by David, starting with his false quote of me claiming "I am the Messiah",
mikiel wrote:So [David] plays to this crowd and will not answer the serious questions I have asked, nor aknowledge the true testimony I have offered, telling the Truth about the One "I Am" in all... the gnosis of which IS the presence of "Messiah" consciousness.
Are you saying that the gnosis of the 'Truth' you are telling, is not the presence of the Messiah?
Your absolute ignorance of gnosis is showing. Gnosis is the universal knowing, among *all* enlightened ones of identitity with/in/as The One... God. It is not "belief in God." It is *knowing God* as The Onein All. This is enlightenment. This is "Messiah Consciousness." David thinks/believes that "The Messiah" is one special person... "The only begotten son of God" in Christian dogma.

This is false. As all religions worshipping a person are false. The person is a false idol. Truth is God is the Consciousness/Identity Which all of us *are*.

Are you saying that the "Messiah consciousness" is different from the "I Am"?
No. 'I Am' is the one identity in all.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Mikiel wrote:
Your absolute ignorance of gnosis is showing. Gnosis is the universal knowing, among *all* enlightened ones of identitity with/in/as The One... God. It is not "belief in God." It is *knowing God* as The Onein All. This is enlightenment. This is "Messiah Consciousness."
Hey, if I'm totally ignorant of gnosis, then I'm not an enlightened one, am I? That means, I can't possibly claim enlightenment. That means, I can't claim Messiah Consciousness. I can't claim that "I Am the Messiah" or that "I know God" or that "I am The One in All."

But you do. You do claim those things. Over and over again.

We're just repeating that you are claiming those things about yourself. Yet you get your knickers in a knot when we do. You can claim whatever you like, but why get all upset when others pay attention?

Bizarre, isn't it? Your knicker-knitting I mean.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Kelly Jones wrote:Mikiel wrote:
Your absolute ignorance of gnosis is showing. Gnosis is the universal knowing, among *all* enlightened ones of identitity with/in/as The One... God. It is not "belief in God." It is *knowing God* as The Onein All. This is enlightenment. This is "Messiah Consciousness."
Hey, if I'm totally ignorant of gnosis, then I'm not an enlightened one, am I? No. That means, I can't possibly claim enlightenment. Well.. "claiming" is an ego function. Are you or aren't you? (Chuckle!) That means, I can't claim Messiah Consciousness. I can't claim that "I Am the Messiah" or that "I know God" or that "I am The One in All." Again, if you know your true identity, you are a part of the Divine. If not... just another "separate self" in the delusion of separation from the omnipresent One.

But you do. You do claim those things. Over and over again.
Here again... "claiming." There is only One Being. We individual forms are parts of that Whole, that One Being. I hope that one day soon you will *get* this unjiversal Truth. My state of mind, however, does not depend on you "getting it" ... if you get my drift.

We're just repeating that you are claiming those things about yourself. Yet you get your knickers in a knot when we do. You can claim whatever you like, but why get all upset when others pay attention?

Bizarre, isn't it? Your knicker-knitting I mean.
My truth: I am not upset at all. Your projection. I am as calm as a lake with no ripples,(Just out of meditation) yet I can see your troubled mind projecting your neorosis on me. it doesn't fit. It's just your shit. See?"
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

mikiel wrote:KJ: Hey, if I'm totally ignorant of the "gnosis" you're on about, then I'm not an enlightened one, am I?

M: No.
Therefore, I do not have "Messiah consciousness".

And everyone who doesn't share your view of consciousness is also ignorant of it, and not enlightened, and also not Messianic.

So, there you go. Simple, isn't it.