Judging Others

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mikiel

Re: Judging Others

Post by mikiel »

So all you have in your "defense" a fictional courtroom melodrama full of bullshit?
Every enlightened one realizes unity with God, same as Jesus did.
If you, or your fictional judge, believe otherwise you are a fool and know not your essential divinity... the Truth told from "Messiah" perspective in all ages, all civilizations... the *universal* truth even in un-imaginable civilizations throughout this great cosmos full of small manifestations of God. One in All.
(Even old cliche's can be true. This one is.)
(Yes, still guilty of violating "linguistic conventions." Ooops!)
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Mikiel,

Dan's poetry seems to be missing in action for now. In the meantime, here's what the old sage has been up to as of late:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42sLEeVkpUo

He's done a pretty good job so far.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

mikiel wrote:So all you have in your "defense" a fictional courtroom melodrama full of bullshit?
Every enlightened one realizes unity with God, same as Jesus did.
If you, or your fictional judge, believe otherwise you are a fool and know not your essential divinity... the Truth told from "Messiah" perspective in all ages, all civilizations... the *universal* truth even in un-imaginable civilizations throughout this great cosmos full of small manifestations of God. One in All.
(Even old cliche's can be true. This one is.)
(Yes, still guilty of violating "linguistic conventions." Ooops!)
"There you have it, Your Honour. We have heard it straight from the horse's mouth. The plaintiff has all but declared that he is a Messiah. What more proof could be needed?

I'd like to remind Your Worship that it was the plaintiff who brought this frivolous charge to the attention of the court. The charge was, if you remember, that I, the defendant, defamed the plaintiff by stating that he uttered the words, "I am a Messiah", to which the plaintiff denied, in pained terms, ever doing. But now we have all heard, today, in this courtroom, that the plaintiff really does think he is a Messiah.

As to whether he really is a Messiah, that is for you, My Lord, in your infinite wisdom, to judge. But I'd like to draw attention to the fact that it is not generally known for Messiahs to take people to court over frivolous matters, nor to threaten them with violence, in the manner of "wanting to kick their ass", nor even to weep piteously for their long-lost fathers. Jesus and Buddha may well have done such things in their spare time, but if so, such acts were never recorded.

Indeed, a case could easily be made that the plaintiff is in contempt of court for abusing the word, "Messiah", and I urge those who feel strongly enough about the issue to proceed with any legal action they deem fit. But for me, it is enough, My Lord, that you dismiss this frivolous case and charge all costs to the plaintiff."

-
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

A high-pitched, breathy voice from the upstairs gallery calls out:

"We're all Messiahs according to the Messiah! He's just trying to show we're all One! We shouldn't be treated as separate individuals! Leave the Messiah alone! He helped us build a beautiful community. All our children are his children!"
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

mikiel wrote:
Dave Toast wrote:Michael "Doesn't understand basic linguistic conventions" Mooney
So now its down to the most trivial possible level of debate... (one of the most, anyway) "linguistic conventions."

I could probably discover what you are referring to (or should that be "to what you are referring?") if I reviewed my recent posts with an eye to that sort of thing...
But, frankly i still don't give a rat's ass about this forum's (or specifically your) obsession with "linguistic conventions."
We have all been over this so many times before... and I *still don't care!* (You can't *make me care.*) Get it?
Sigh.

Take a look at what was said again:

"I'm not sure which is funnier. Mikiel ("I am the Messiah") accusing others of being in a cult, or Prolitius ("I am so lofty that I cannot even be bothered to find out about who is actually here") accusing others of elitism."

The strap lines associated with the names in the above are not quotes, they are rather what the name might say of themselves or what others may say of them. Do you really think that Prolitius said "I am so lofty that I cannot even be bothered to find out about who is actually here"?

It's a basic linguistic convention, understood by most of average IQ and lower.

As always, you attach to the egotistic component of what is said, thereby missing the point entirely.

Dave "Got your number" Toast.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Wonders how Leyla's ego will react to all this...
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I am going to miss you guys so much. Truly hoping I can get occasional access to the internet while I'm out of town.

Please carry on with the regularly-scheduled program.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Steven Coyle wrote:Wonders how Leyla's ego will react to all this...
No doubt she'll cite you all for contempt. At least I'll have company down here in the dungeon.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

My last post on this foum, in this thread, a week or so ago was deleted after it posted.
It was addressed to DQ in reply to his series of fictional courtroom dramas (see 8/04 above) trying me as the false, self proclaimed Messiah. (He had quoted me falsely as saying, "I am the Messiah.")
I finally challenged him to extract his head from his ass on the point I have consistently made that It is the same "I Am" in all of us.
(Difficult to deny but easy to delete... if you have the power.)

This post was, in fact posted, and is now gone.
Is it the perogative of the facist founders of the forum to delete posts which clearly embarrass them?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mikiel wrote:My last post on this foum, in this thread, a week or so ago was deleted after it posted.
It was addressed to DQ in reply to his series of fictional courtroom dramas (see 8/04 above) trying me as the false, self proclaimed Messiah. (He had quoted me falsely as saying, "I am the Messiah.")
I finally challenged him to extract his head from his ass on the point I have consistently made that It is the same "I Am" in all of us.

Is it the perogative of the facist founders of the forum to delete posts which clearly embarrass them?
You know what, mikiel.

You are paranoid.

David, Dan, don't do that sort of "trickery". This bunch is upstanding, righteous to the core.

Are you as dumb as a box of rocks, or what?

mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Tomas wrote:
mikiel wrote:My last post on this foum, in this thread, a week or so ago was deleted after it posted.

You know what, mikiel.

You are paranoid.

David, Dan, don't do that sort of "trickery". This bunch is upstanding, righteous to the core.

Are you as dumb as a box of rocks, or what?

First, you never answered my last challenge to you... wondering how far you went to stalk me personally and get specific info you could not get without seeing me or pictures of me.
In the interest of Truth, "the forum is still awaithing" your answer.
(And i said you "painted a picture" of having visited me and out land... which you did in a very misleading way. Then you got all defensive and cryptic about your sources.)
Secondly, my post above is true. It posted and now is gone.
How does this make me paranoid or dumb?
I am not sure that David deleted it, but it was posted and is now deleted. Go figure.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

You know what? .. you disappear for a week or so, then claim your post is missing (whatever) it just don't work that way here... you seem not to be running on all cylinders. So, when jezus said "he is the way" is it really happening? or you just blowing smoke?

mikiel

Post by mikiel »

You know what? .. you disappear for a week or so, then claim your post is missing (whatever) it just don't work that way here... you seem not to be running on all cylinders. So, when jezus said "he is the way" is it really happening? or you just blowing smoke?
This is a totally transparent dodge of my two challenges above.
I'm not "claiming" anything. My last reply to David posted, which I verified, and now it is not here. This is a fact.
How do you think such a fact does "work?"
Then, why do you continiually avoid my direct questions as to how you got the info in question on me, personally? Ashamed of such personal stalking? You should be, and my intent is to reveal what you actually did here in Eugene and embare-ass you over it, and your falsehoods in "support" of me. Looks very twisted from here!

.... What does my usual "disappearence" (for a week or so) have to do with anything in this conversation?
Your ref to "jezus" being "the way" is just more smokescreen to cover your ass on the above points of obvious avoidance.

"I Am the Way"... by the way... was misunderstood by the usual egocentric attempts to translate enlightened real-I-zation into ego concepts. The qoute is properly understood, by all enlightened ones, as "I Am" *IS the WAy*... the Truth (in us all)... the universal Light... Consciosness itself.
But of course one such as your "self" will have no interest, let alone understanding of this Truth. You are not interested in truth, but just melodrama in ridicule of everyone within range of your bitterness, which powers your flame-thrower.
protilius

Post by protilius »

Shahrazad wrote:Mikiel,

Dan's poetry seems to be missing in action for now. In the meantime, here's what the old sage has been up to as of late:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42sLEeVkpUo

He's done a pretty good job so far.

-

I checked out that video.

Interesting thought, but by defining something, you are forced to categorize it.

Where as the author of the video refuses to do so but in only one way..? A person that simply exists at an optimal state of being?

I believe that many people can feel a oneness with the universe, but it always goes back to the idea, "what if I'm wrong, what if I've forgotten some key element that is required to truly obtain 'oneness' with the universe."

Who is to say my oneness is better than yours?

Who is anyone to dictate that definition? And if I were to believe such a dictated definition of a concept, would I not be a follower of such idea?

It suggests that you have the solution merely by providing the concept. By providing the concept, if I were interested I would want to learn more and follow it, if i wasn't interested I would avoid it and likely watch it grow in the passing of time only to feel the need to further categorize it, which again would break the rules.

So, what is this state of being you describe yet refuse to affiliate with a club or membership?

How does one achieve a definition or a belief without representing it, but merely by existing as it would suggest you do?

The world is full of groups, clubs, and parties for a reason.

We are different.

By defining things, you ultimately create yet another group to be a part of.

By claiming this video is not a religion, group, or ect, you instead turn it into one without the title.

It is the same thing you claim it not to be.

A group of people choosing to exist or attempt to perceive life in a certain way.

Kansas City Shuffle.

Stop it,

I grow tired of inflated propaganda.

Although... your idea is a valid one, your attempt to deflate it is merely another way to sugar coat what it really is in its presentation.

Ok... I'm done, probably shouldn't be posting after bar time to begin with to be honest.

and before you can post... Shut up Carl.

The rabbits team up, drive the farmer so crazy he can't grow a crop, and the farmer goes broke... moves away.

rabbits inherit the farm.

the end... bitch.

Oh... and yet another youtube blunder for everyone here to criticize...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1uEdCXUHZ0

Enjoy.
protilius

Post by protilius »

Kelly Jones wrote:A high-pitched, breathy voice from the upstairs gallery calls out:

"We're all Messiahs according to the Messiah! He's just trying to show we're all One! We shouldn't be treated as separate individuals! Leave the Messiah alone! He helped us build a beautiful community. All our children are his children!"

Ok... thats just scary.

But I like the idea of being a Messiah,

Can I sacrifice people and host my own prostitution club?

MMmmmmm... casual unprotected sex with slave girls from 3rd world counties... Mmmmmm.... I am the almighty!!!!

kidding... although, not really.

Where do I sign up?

Mwahahaaa!
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

protilius,
and before you can post... Shut up Carl.
You got it, dude. My lips are sealed.
Good Citizen Carl
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

"THIS IS A TEST." (Will this post stay posted or be deleted by 'mysterious forces?')
A week or so ago, after DQ's courtroom drama posts finding me guilty of claiming to be "The Messiah," I challenged him to "extract his head from his ass" on the point that enlightenment is realization that God is the same "I Am" consciousness in all of us... and that some *know* it (gnosis) while the vast majority, the unenlightened, obviously including DQ, do not....
testing... testing...
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

pssst, David, this time leave his post.

*Tee-hee* that'll really mess with his mind!
Good Citizen Carl
protilius

Post by protilius »

its official... I have to stop drinking.

haha...
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

I never delete posts from regular contributors. As Tomas says, it isn't how we operate.

Kevin has a habit of accidentally deleting posts, so you might have to ask him. Although that usually only happens when he is responding to the post and he does own up to it afterwards.

It might be a glitch in the automated system. I can't recall anyone else complaining about deleted posts, however.

You are free to resubmit your post, Mikiel, and hopefully the system won't reject it this time.

-
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

David Quinn wrote:I never delete posts from regular contributors. As Tomas says, it isn't how we operate.

Kevin has a habit of accidentally deleting posts, so you might have to ask him. Although that usually only happens when he is responding to the post and he does own up it afterwards.

It might be a glitch in the automated system. I can't recall anyone else complaining about deleted posts, however.

You are free to resubmit your post, Mikiel, and hopefully the system won't reject it this time.

-
I too have lost the original post, as I do not pre-fab them on my computer before posting. ( So I do not, by choice... it is inconvenient... benefit from the spelling and grammar correction programs, which are in my computer.)
But as I searched my memory for the full content of the lost post, I remembered another piece which could be of interest to the forum.

I mentioned Jesus' kicking over the tables of the 'money changers' at the temple and asked if you thought he was pissed off. This was offered as food for thought on what an enlightened one does and doesn't do.
You have obvious stereotypes, as I see it (gleaned from your history of replies to me) about how an enlightened one acts, as if the major models (of the major religions) are the examples to follow..., and you "judge" me unenlightened according to my "shortfall", in your judgement, from the models... the Buddha and Jesus seeming to be your primary spiritual models.
How about breaking out of your usual MO of ignoring my challenges* and actually reply for a change...
(*The universal Truth of "I Am" in all... not a claim, "I am the Messiah," and your take on whether Jesus was angry in the above biblical scene.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

We have no way of knowing whether Jesus was angry in that incident. If he was, then I would consider it a fall from grace, an act borne out of one of his less conscious moment.

But it could have been that his actions, although forceful, were dispassionate. Sometimes, crude actions are the best way to reach and teach crude minds. Provided it is done in a pure frame of mind, I don't have a problem with that kind of behaviour.

The main difference between Jesus's behaviour in that incident and your own "angry" behaviour in general is that Jesus was on a mission to expose the hypocrisy and delusion of the religious establishment. It was a pure mission driven by his love of truth. He wasn't in narcissistic mode and reacting to perceived slights on his own character.

-
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

David Quinn wrote:We have no way of knowing whether Jesus was angry in that incident. If he was, then I would consider it a fall from grace, an act borne out of one of his less conscious moment.

But it could have been that his actions, although forceful, were dispassionate. Sometimes, crude actions are the best way to reach and teach crude minds. Provided it is done in a pure frame of mind, I don't have a problem with that kind of behaviour.

The main difference between Jesus's behaviour in that incident and your own "angry" behaviour in general is that Jesus was on a mission to expose the hypocrisy and delusion of the religious establishment. It was a pure mission driven by his love of truth. He wasn't in narcissistic mode and reacting to perceived slights on his own character.

-
At last an entire post from David that I can agree with.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

David Quinn wrote:We have no way of knowing whether Jesus was angry in that incident. If he was, then I would consider it a fall from grace, an act borne out of one of his less conscious moment.

-
You continue to misjudge me, as you do so many others, including Samadhi, who originated this thread to call you on it. You exercised your mis-judgemental power to ban him.
You have never understood my brand of radical honesty in confronting egocentricity as I see it. It looks like anger to you, tho I have told you honestly and repeatedly that it is not, and that in fact I have not been angry since my awakening.

When I am attacked with false judgement such as yours, I clarify the truth as i see it, sometimes with a figurative smack up-side the head... "obviously angry" as you project your misconception upon me.
(You even claimed to know me better "at a glance" than I myself... tho there is no personal self here.)

You admit that we have no way of knowing whether Jesus was angry in the violent act above and you recognize, as I do, that he "was on a mission to expose the hypocrisy and delusion of the religious establishment. "
Neither am I angry when I do likewise in my confrontation of deluded egocentricy and mis-judgement and my attemts here to expose your hypocricy as a hate-mongering cult with no clue to what enlightenment is.
((Again, see my teacher's site to broaden your understanding of enlightenment.... http://www.centerforsacredsciences.org/ )

You grant that "Sometimes, crude actions are the best way to reach and teach crude minds"... but you condem mine ... the "rude boy teacher persona" stands out in particular... as " in narcissistic mode and reacting to perceived slights on his own character"

No, I am not Jesus, but I know my unity in identity with God, same as he did. Your worship of him clouds your judgement of me.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I suggest we conduct a pole in which we VOTE on the most important question of WHO is truly fulfilling God's role her on Genius Forums! Many are they who seek to 'overturn the money-changers tables', upsetting both Pharisee and Sadducee alike, many are they who come forward to shake the foundation of the Old Order and to try to establish the New, yet no one of them is as OBVIOUSLY qualified as I am. I believe that I have the right to be elected the True Jesus of the Genius Forums. Away from me ye False Prophets!
Ni ange, ni bête