Observations on women

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Carl G

Re: Observations on women

Post by Carl G »

Laird wrote:
Carl G wrote:How is it glaringly obvious that he is hopeless and blind? Certainly not by dint of a few "negative" epithets. Come, mate, relinquish a measure of the flowery prose composition, for a wee bit of logic!
Shall I take it then that to one Carl G a "few" negative epithets with not one positive epithet is a hopeful, visionary and balanced perspective on women?
No, ye candy cane of black and white-isms. But I tire of thy twistings of my words.
My good man, what you do here is shameless baiting of the very same sort. You leap like Romeo to your bended knee before the Juliet of all womandom, yea, to conclusions concerning the erstwhile poster; prithee what trollery in itselfe, is it not?
Yea, verily doth this young lad pay his respects to the figure of Woman, nay! - to her very essence! - and be that trollery but that he is glad to bear the title.
Methinks the village dunking pond only may clear thou of this rampant moon-eye. Or the age of years, though of that one can never be sure.

Proud of his weakness, tut tut.
Good Citizen Carl
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

An attitude of realism, combined with the willingness to see through romanticism, will enable any one of us to have a much truer view of this strange world that surrounds us. There is, perhaps, a sort of pill one can swollow that might help to clear one's vision, to antidote the waves of romantic emotion that wash around inside of us. It seems to me that the romantic mood is only useful [in relation to the female of the species] when one is desirous of her seduction. And romanticism as it plays out in literature is always a very delicate game, and it always has an invisible underbody, a substructure, that in the end still demands ['asks for'] a woman's surrender.

The problem [obviously] with the fellow who initiated this thread, with his 'poisonous list', is that he as a real person does not appear and will likely never appear. it is not trollism but more likely shooting-star-ism. He comes, he sees, he reflects but a teeny-tiny bit, he posts, and he disappears. It really and truly seems to me that if you are going to be a classical woman hater you have got to do it with style and panache! That's the only way it could ever be successfully pulled off. There HAS to be a tragical element in 'woman hating' and there HAS to be a wound, a psychological fissure. But if all we get is an adolescent anger that thinly covers wimpishness, I for one am dissatisfied. Real 'woman hating' is also the basis for real love of woman, and in this I call Laird on his romantic declaration: no sane woman, half-awake, would ever believe him. Actually, I think there is no longer any place at all---any theatre---for the romantic production.

My realism is forcing me to examine woman through a physicological lens, and the focus is on the whole abdominal center, just below the belly button. Forget the head, the head is filled with such-and-such idea one day, and then the next it shifts to something radically different, the head is programmable, and is now programmed in a peculiar way with all sorts of half-baked partialities [in constant metamorphosis]; what we really need to pay attention to is the psycho-physiological structure of the lower section of the body. In brief, clear vision is needed to see that the woman, a woman, is a radically different creature than any man, in her sexual and reproductive capabilities. I turn to the Hindus and their weird shastras for information in this regard, but I don't put aside my own practical experience. A woman's sexual center is at least 10 times more sensitive and susceptible than a man's, and her capacity to be dominated through this center, but also to employ this center in domination, is simply incomparable to that of a man. The whole matrix of life is contained in that center, and to move through that center [birth is implied but also transcendence] is an unreal psycho-spiritual journey where the 'woman-hater' is a mere weak buzzing fly who simply drps to the floor, stone-cold dead. It is [speaking Hinduily] 'goddess territory', and even to put your masculine toe at the outer part of that circle can make the hair stand on end, speaking truthfully. Forget Weininger, forget Freud, and most certainly forget Nietzsche, because they didn't really approach that strange opening from which all life originates.

No man and no person could ever dominate life, and in this sense woman is life and any conversation about woman can only be a conversation about extremely essential things, potencies that can never be fully handled or contained...and yet it is a man's role to dominate woman, and that is my essential contention, despite the present movement of history [...daybrown] or any sophisticated, whiny rap that anyone comes up with. But that domination has to be carried out in the right way, and to do it we have to literally remake ourselves.

On your mark, get set, go!
Ni ange, ni bête
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Carl G wrote:
Laird wrote:
Carl G wrote:How is it glaringly obvious that he is hopeless and blind? Certainly not by dint of a few "negative" epithets. Come, mate, relinquish a measure of the flowery prose composition, for a wee bit of logic!
Shall I take it then that to one Carl G a "few" negative epithets with not one positive epithet is a hopeful, visionary and balanced perspective on women?
No, ye candy cane of black and white-isms. But I tire of thy twistings of my words.
My good man, what you do here is shameless baiting of the very same sort. You leap like Romeo to your bended knee before the Juliet of all womandom, yea, to conclusions concerning the erstwhile poster; prithee what trollery in itselfe, is it not?
Yea, verily doth this young lad pay his respects to the figure of Woman, nay! - to her very essence! - and be that trollery but that he is glad to bear the title.
Methinks the village dunking pond only may clear thou of this rampant moon-eye. Or the age of years, though of that one can never be sure.

Proud of his weakness, tut tut.
Jesus Christ! Will you guys please speak English?!!
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

This should be good :-)

-Rabbi M.M. Reese-
enigmaticman - women seem to have difficulty comprehending universals and absolutes.

-tomas-
Good opening line to use on a woman! Suppose you are still single?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - womens interests are more practical and immediate than men.

-tomas-
Thank them for that, I'll take breast milk over pre-packaged baby formula any day!

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women seem to think that truth is anything that the majority (majority consensus) can agree to.

-tomas-
Are you referring to what women think - or men - or some combination of the latest survey poll?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women think that the only reason men have an interest in philosophy is so that "they can use fancy words and sound intelligent in conversations" (thats what a woman told me)

-tomas-
Okay, your "majority consensus" consists of polling one woman.

Rabbi M.M. Reese - womens consciousness is on the same level as that of animals.

-tomas-
Are you suggesting that child molestors and rapists (of all sorts) shouldn't be kept behind locked doors?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women have irrational tendencies, only rational beings can be moral, hence women are non moral as Weininger stated.

-tomas-
This would be an interesting discussion piece - but inferring what "Weininger stated" is like saying what "Jesus said" - gets lost in the translation ... what do you think?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women need gossip for sustainance.

-tomas-
Well, when they're in the hunt for mate selection, who better than their own sex for askance about this particular fellow or that one.

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women are predisposed to envy and jealousy (Schopenhauer also made this observation)

-tomas-
Okay, "If it's in the bible, it must be true!" Is Schopenhauer in the old or new testament? And, do you believe everything you read?

Rabbi M. M. Reese - in societies where women dominate, irrationality and primal nature is prevalent.

-tomas-
Be real here, Rabbi, women dominate all societies.

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women do not value their own independent judgments as much as they value the generally agreed judgments, social norms, customs and traditions of their immediate society.

-tomas-
Sounds like you weren't required to do the dishes, vacuum floors, dust, mow the lawn, clean your bedroom once a year. Mommy did it all?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - insecure women desire to devour and dominate everything in their path.

-tomas-
Oh? So, in your little corner of the world, there is a "secure woman" out there somewhere?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women need religion and custom, all their judgments come outside in.

-tomas-
And men are more than willing to provide them with the latest god-of-ten-commandments, jesus said so-and-so ... so are men deluded themselves by 'religion and custom' because this is what they were taught to believe by their fellow "man"?

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women are as deep as a puddle.

-tomas-
You have internal problems there, Slick.

Rabbi M.M. Reese - Nietzche noted that in women are both the tyrant and the slave,

-tomas-
You know, how about thinking for your own self, this is the 3rd time (you've said) other men said this-and-that. Blah-de-bla.

Rabbi M.M. Reese
i say that she is only looking for a worthy master, if she sees him worthy she is only too happy to be his slave, but if he is unworthy she will rule him.

-tomas-
Obviously you have fathered no children of your own. A Woman (Nature) demands the best seed - producing a quality "human". This is natural from ten-of-thousands of years of 'mate selection' - it becomes inbred to find (search for) the best possible 'opposite immunity' production line. If he has chromosome damage later in life, drugs, alcohol, bad food selection, etc., the offspring will suffer the consequence. So she will have to make-do and 'run the family'.

Note: Observe a man & woman (lovers) in a "modern" grocery store - the woman takes the lead and finds the most-nutritious foods available - the man more-or-less tags along, many times somewhat with eyes out of focus, hand in pocket, roving between 12-15 feet and closing in on the 18 inches personal space with the occasional touch from his right hand on her right shoulder.

Rabbi M.M. Reese - women are narrow minded and short sighted.

-tomas-
There are just as many men that fit your pie-in-the-sky theory.

Rabbi M.M. Reese - selfishness is the prime motive behind a womans actions and it is impossible for her to escape it.

-tomas-
This holds true for both sexes with all its manifestations (gay, straight, bi-sexual, celibate)

ps- What are you?

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Laird wrote:
Always been to ways to control what men think and do: sex and violence. We've tried violence, and now- its time for sex. Those who fancy themselves has heroic warriors dont like it, but its no longer upta them.
Goddess made sex for company.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

In that context, sex would also be a form of violence...
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-brokenhead-
Jesus Christ! Will you guys please speak English?!!

-tomas-
This coming from a guy who uses a pseudonym, and, starts HIS alias-name off with non-capitalization...

Jesus Christ speaks English?

Alex currently resides in Colombia.

Carl hails in Arizona.

Tomas in Cali(fornia).

And little ol' brokenhead (whatever that is) resides in a swamp named Philadelphia - (another non-English name)

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Tomas wrote:And little ol' brokenhead (whatever that is) resides in a swamp named Philadelphia
Hey fuck you, asshole.

Take this bogus crap:

"Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason"

and shove it up your sanctimonious ass.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

You know, Tomas, I don't give a good goddamn which fucking war you fought in, where you live, or what phony brotherhoods you belong to, you are one self-righteous, rude motherfucker with not much to say except sniping at the other people in these forums. Why don't you get a life and live it somewhere else?
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

And if you want to know what a brokenhead is, just visit this swamp called Philadelphia, and I'll be happy to demonstrate.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Daybrown wrote:

"Always been to ways to control what men think and do: sex and violence. We've tried violence, and now- its time for sex. Those who fancy themselves has heroic warriors dont like it, but its no longer upta them."

Maybe it is true that in the present world system war is going out the door; I mean huge war, world war, a culture of war. If the present is any indicator, and the world is being transformed into a giant shopping mall, large scale war is no longer acceptable because it disrupts too much the mercantile system. The wars of our day are smallish wars with specific ends: to clear away a recalcitrance, to blast away a pocket of resistance to the world order that is emerging.

They did after all say it would be about 'make love, not war'...

But they didn't have orgy-porgy in mind: [...or did they?]

"Orgy-porgy, Ford and fun,
Kiss the girls and make them One.
Boys at 0ne with girls at peace;
Orgy-porgy gives release."

"Orgy-porgy," the dancers caught up the liturgical refrain, "Orgy-porgy, Ford and fun, kiss the girls …" And as they sang, the lights began slowly to fade–to fade and at the same time to grow warmer, richer, redder, until at last they were dancing in the crimson twilight of an Embryo Store. "Orgy-porgy …" In their blood-coloured and foetal darkness the dancers continued for a while to circulate, to beat and beat out the indefatigable rhythm. "Orgy-porgy …" Then the circle wavered, broke, fell in partial disintegration on the ring of couches which surrounded–circle enclosing circle–the table and its planetary chairs. "Orgy-porgy …" Tenderly the deep Voice crooned and cooed; in the red twilight it was as though some enormous negro dove were hovering benevolently over the now prone or supine dancers.

They were standing on the roof; Big Henry had just sung eleven. The night was calm and warm.

"Wasn't it wonderful?" said Fifi Bradlaugh. "Wasn't it simply wonderful?" She looked at Bernard with an expression of rapture, but of rapture in which there was no trace of agitation or excitement–for to be excited is still to be unsatisfied. Hers was the calm ecstasy of achieved consummation, the peace, not of mere vacant satiety and nothingness, but of balanced life, of energies at rest and in equilibrium. A rich and living peace. For the Solidarity Service had given as well as taken, drawn off only to replenish. She was full, she was made perfect, she was still more than merely herself. "Didn't you think it was wonderful?" she insisted, looking into Bernard's face with those supernaturally shining eyes."

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Tomas -

Pretty good. I'd like to add a piece to this one though:
Tomas wrote:Note: Observe a man & woman (lovers) in a "modern" grocery store - the woman takes the lead and finds the most-nutritious foods available - the man more-or-less tags along, many times somewhat with eyes out of focus, hand in pocket, roving between 12-15 feet and closing in on the 18 inches personal space with the occasional touch from his right hand on her right shoulder
, at which point he points out the chips, dip, cookies, snack cakes, beer, Cheese Whiz...

brokenhead wrote:
Tomas wrote:And little ol' brokenhead (whatever that is) resides in a swamp named Philadelphia
Hey fuck you, asshole.

Take this bogus crap:

"Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason"

and shove it up your sanctimonious ass.
I suppose I should be the one who's offended, since Florida is much more of a swamp than Philly. Actually, I'm not sure that Philly has any swamp features. Hey, you got anything against swamps? There are a few alligators around here that would like to have a word with you about that. ;)
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:I suppose I should be the one who's offended, since Florida is much more of a swamp than Philly. Actually, I'm not sure that Philly has any swamp features. Hey, you got anything against swamps? There are a few alligators around here that would like to have a word with you about that. ;)
ROFL! Thanks, Elizabeth! No, I have nothing against swamps. There are plenty of them between Philly and Jersey.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Elizabeth Isabelle-
Pretty good.

-tomas-
Most of the regulars know when I'm funnin' and when i ain't. We all perceive this "world" in different way, even the identical twins.

Growing up, doing over-nights at a friend's home, i liked to observe 'how the other half lived' compared to "my" family's social mores. Their parent's interactions with each other, the kids, and next-door neighbor's - even the family pet.

_Elizabeth-
I'd like to add a piece to this one though:
Tomas - Note: Observe a man & woman (lovers) in a "modern" grocery store - the woman takes the lead and finds the most-nutritious foods available - the man more-or-less tags along, many times somewhat with eyes out of focus, hand in pocket, roving between 12-15 feet and closing in on the 18 inches personal space with the occasional touch from his right hand on her right shoulder.

-Elizabeth-
, at which point he points out the chips, dip, cookies, snack cakes, beer, Cheese Whiz...

-tomas-
Yes, the day before was at the store when i saw that particular (dark-haired) couple ... a few aisles down later, up walks their (about) 5-year-old blond-haired daughter with a package of goodies (whatever) didn't bother to turn to see what it was she was holding.

-Elizabeth-
I suppose I should be the one who's offended, since Florida is much more of a swamp than Philly.

-tomas-
Pushing and prodding a little (note their reaction) tells you who to avoid in the "City of Brotherly Love" probably raised on corn, the commoner's diet.
Thug-mouted punks everywere.

Perhaps this is why (Dave) DHodges has started the process of being armed. Good thing Dave ate his oatmeal every morning - and for snacks.

-Elizabeth-
Actually, I'm not sure that Philly has any swamp features.

-tomas-
They have a lot of landfills ... working on a campaign for this particular congressman (this guy was SockPuppet Central). He used to brag where all the bodies were buried under specific landfills, streets, wharf fill-ins etc. Every picture tells a story, don't it?

-Elizabeth-
Hey, you got anything against swamps?

-tomas-
Sinkholes are a bummer. Met a few shady congressman (governor, senator or two) who would fit right in one of those.

-Elizabeth-
There are a few alligators around here that would like to have a word with you about that. ;)

-tomas-
This was decades ago: Met this "kid" (college dude) about age-19. He befriended me, somehow we ended up at some local zoo. On a dare from some feather-brained pal of his, he jumped into the alligator pen and made a dash to the other side (about 50 feet) - his pant leg got hung up in the barbed wire. He ended up pulling his pants off because the gator was moving in to see what the commotion (noise) was about, those gators sense ground movement mighty well! He left the zoo with but his shirt, one shoe, and his boxers. Talk about red-faced and the look of fright (sheer panic) on that poor boy's face. He cried like a baby getting out of those pants and shoe.

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

Nick

Post by Nick »

Tom,

Since you are a Free Mason, and one of the requirements of being a Free Mason is belieiving in a "Supreme Being", do you in fact believe in such a thing? If so, what characteristics does this being have and what makes him so supreme?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

You know, Tomas, I don't give a good goddamn which fucking war you fought in, where you live, or what phony brotherhoods you belong to, you are one self-righteous, rude motherfucker with not much to say except sniping at the other people in these forums. Why don't you get a life and live it somewhere else?
Broken, what you say here is mostly true, but I must have missed what pissed you off so much. It couldn't have been Tomas' comment on you not capitalizing your name.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

E,
I suppose I should be the one who's offended, since Florida is much more of a swamp than Philly.
I guess I should really be offended. My firstborn was born in Louisiana, the bayou state.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Shahrazad wrote:
Broken, what you say here is mostly true, but I must have missed what pissed you off so much. It couldn't have been Tomas' comment on you not capitalizing your name.
He is just not getting enough attention. He spends so much time surfing the web and pasting links here, he wonders why he gets so few comments on his posts. So, to get a reaction - any reaction - he will snipe and snipe and snipe. It's not one comment that he made. It's all the comments that he makes. Yeah, I know when he's "funnin' and when he aint." Only the funnin' aint all that funny. He comes across as a cranky, snide old boor.
AND
Philadelphia is not a swamp
DHodges

Re: Observations on Philadelphia

Post by DHodges »

brokenhead wrote:Philadelphia is not a swamp
I think he meant it metaphorically, not that the area is physically swampy, which it isn't particularly. It might have some swamps, but it also has hills and rivers.

But psychologically, politically, socially? Yeah, Philadelphia could be something of a morass.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Tomas wrote:Thug-mouted punks everywere.

Perhaps this is why (Dave) DHodges has started the process of being armed.
No, becoming armed is part of a more general process of becoming prepared for whatever it is that is coming. Who knows? I am learning basic skills that I should have learned long ago - baking bread, sewing, basic survival, how-to-shit-in-the-woods type stuff. It's all too easy in the modern world to have everything done for you - and so not know how to actually do anything yourself.

So, now I'm in on this thread, I suppose I should say something about women...
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

DHodges wrote:
brokenhead wrote:Philadelphia is not a swamp
I think he meant it metaphorically, not that the area is physically swampy, which it isn't particularly. It might have some swamps, but it also has hills and rivers.

But psychologically, politically, socially? Yeah, Philadelphia could be something of a morass.
I know how he meant it. You jess gotta know when he's funnin' and when he aint.

Besides, DH, you live here. You're allowed to call philly a swamp. Capisce?
I am learning basic skills that I should have learned long ago - baking bread, sewing, basic survival, how-to-shit-in-the-woods type stuff.
Funny, I learned that stuff in college. Except for the shooting. And I never skinned an animal. I did learn how to milk cows, but that was with a machine - not much good if there is no power, though.
samadhi

Post by samadhi »

Hey, I'm from Philadelphia! It's a great place to live!

Disclaimer: I live in California now but Philly still has my heart.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

They did after all say it would be about 'make love, not war'...

But they didn't have orgy-porgy in mind: [...or did they?>
Some did, some didnt. But for as where we are now, It usta be thot that only STDs were a risk in close personal contact, but now there's MRSA, TB, and who knows how many other pathogens now evolving in the impaired immune systems of the malnourished masses. That line between sexual and social contact is getting fuzzy. There are diseases now I would not want to be in the same room with, much less the same bed with.

This history is obscure, but we've seen it before going all the way back to the early bronze age. for a time, around 3500 BC, hill forts began to show up in Europe, be lived in for decades, maybe a century or so, then totally abandoned. The DNA markers suggest inadequate hygeine- dysentery, cholera, plague... Whole armies were wiped out. If you recall, the Mongols had to give up a seige in the Crimea because plague broke out, and then spread all thru Europe.

Its a repeating pattern; military security results in walled cities, that then become death traps, so those who survive are living in obscure rural villages in self quaranteen with the resources and craftsmen on hand to make it wihout imports of any kind. But then, a couple generations later, folks forget, towns emerge with easy money, which draws social predation, which results iin city walls...

But back in the village, monogamy is idiocy; literally. It produced too many inbred idiots. The orgies helped with social bonding, and was a damn good cure for boredom. So now, the census bureau has a new classification, the "X-urb", which is those people moving out beyond the urban fringe, giving up city life. but with satellite TV and data, staying informed and entertained pretty much as they did in the city. Moreover, isolated from the risk of pandemic outbreak- be it from an evolved microbe or WMD.

Those who have an STD do not move there and try to maintain their sexual habits. Word spreads all to easily now in villages, and its a damn good way to get shot when they figure out who brought in HIV, Herpes, MRSA, TB, or whatever. Urban anonymity is not possible.

I'm struck by the number of women moving out to rural areas. It seems to be that smarter class who know that Smith & Wesson guarantee equal rights for women. Of course, they bring their moral values with them, but nobody moves here looking for Mr. Wright. When there's so few men in a community, any woman a newbie meets can provide a complete rundown on the character, or lack thereof, of every dude, and name the other women he's had sex with. It tends to lower expectations, but also dramatically lowers the risk of STDs. And dude who has one knows he'll never get laid, so he moves to the city.

So- this reality is reducing the social stigma from fucking around. The best kind of safe sex is not to have to worry about it. I met another woman last week who worked on line, via satellite, from her home in the woods. She aint gonna get exposed to an STD- or any other disease- at work. These klnds of practical realities are changing moral values in the X-urbs.
Goddess made sex for company.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Harummph, hrumph *clears throat*

Fuck how I love this cyber-lectern, I'm a fucking virtual Professor!
Good Citizen Carl
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

-tomas-
Pushing and prodding a little (note their reaction) tells you who to avoid in the "City of Brotherly Love" probably raised on corn, the commoner's diet.
Thug-mouted punks everywere.
"Pushing and prodding a little." That's exactly how a mean-spirited person would describe bullying.