post singularity era meet your consciousness

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sapincher

post singularity era meet your consciousness

Post by sapincher »

i must be honest with you guys i came to this website after binging on weekend webs and i think the name is horribly pretentious

i am not think i am a genius or anything like you guys and my grammar is not functional tonight

i know i making errors but as long as you know what i am talking about and i am making not spelling errors then it's cool

capital letters can go kill them selves

skip all this nonsense if you want the questions i ask are at the bottom

anyway, i did actually have some content here.

i don't know if you all have read ray kurzweil but i am assume you have
if you have not then read the wikipedia entry it's basically every single one of his books minus the interesting tidbits

he's really interesting fellow.

so he is say that computers will acheive human hardware capabilities sometime in the '20s and the software to match will be around by the '40s and this will make the singularity, which is not a quantum singularity or anything but the period where the exponential formula for evolution will just go haywire and make practically a vertical line.

by 2040, he says you can upload your consciousness to a computer and roam free around on the internet and live in i guess the matrix hah hah

but, you would still be around, yes? there would be two of you. you would get to meet your clone. your clone would think millions of times faster than you, and as such time will go a million times slower for, er, (what pronoun should I use?) it than for you, so the singularity for them is normal evolutionary development.

1. How do you feel about meeting your uploaded consciousness? Does it bring up spiritual dilemmas for you? Basically, how do you feel about the singularity by itself?

2. What do you think will happen to non-technologically augmented humans following the singularity? Giant man-storing machines that steal body heat (which is physically retarded)? Peaceful, condescending co-relationship? All-out destruction?
my iq is higher than yo's
Pincho Paxton

Re: post singularity era meet your consciousness

Post by Pincho Paxton »

sapincher wrote:i must be honest with you guys i came to this website after binging on weekend webs and i think the name is horribly pretentious

i am not think i am a genius or anything like you guys and my grammar is not functional tonight

i know i making errors but as long as you know what i am talking about and i am making not spelling errors then it's cool

capital letters can go kill them selves

skip all this nonsense if you want the questions i ask are at the bottom

anyway, i did actually have some content here.

i don't know if you all have read ray kurzweil but i am assume you have
if you have not then read the wikipedia entry it's basically every single one of his books minus the interesting tidbits

he's really interesting fellow.

so he is say that computers will acheive human hardware capabilities sometime in the '20s and the software to match will be around by the '40s and this will make the singularity, which is not a quantum singularity or anything but the period where the exponential formula for evolution will just go haywire and make practically a vertical line.

by 2040, he says you can upload your consciousness to a computer and roam free around on the internet and live in i guess the matrix hah hah

but, you would still be around, yes? there would be two of you. you would get to meet your clone. your clone would think millions of times faster than you, and as such time will go a million times slower for, er, (what pronoun should I use?) it than for you, so the singularity for them is normal evolutionary development.

1. How do you feel about meeting your uploaded consciousness? Does it bring up spiritual dilemmas for you? Basically, how do you feel about the singularity by itself?

2. What do you think will happen to non-technologically augmented humans following the singularity? Giant man-storing machines that steal body heat (which is physically retarded)? Peaceful, condescending co-relationship? All-out destruction?
1/ I already think this has happened. But uploded self is inferior to real self, because evolution of technological process continued to develop the human brain, and augment it. Plus I don't think that we look the same as our real selves...at all.

2/ I think we became eternal beings, living in total peace, and visiting Earth every 700 years, and nearly always to the same timeline.. between 1960, and 2060.
average

Post by average »

sapincher wrote: by 2040, he says you can upload your consciousness to a computer and roam free around on the internet and live in i guess the matrix hah hah

thats some crazy ol' bullshit.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Won't happen. Humans will end up just being hooked up to machines that keep them alive, and mentally hooked up to virtual reality computers, until the machines break and they die. The machines and the virtual reality computers will be integrated, so that the mind is contimnually made innocent.

Technology will increase the quantity of data that flows through our brains, it will speed up observation of reality. I am not sure if that will lead to a higher level of consciousness though. I don't think it will, as with speed comes shallow depth (a speedboat for example). Shallow depth will mean an increased appetite for what is shallow in humanity, which is our more animal natures.

The more emotion one experiences, the less one feels it, and in feeling it less, the more one desires it. For example, this is why nicotine has worked wonders for the tobacco industry. The more you smoke the more you will end up smoking. In the media age, emotions are shallow, they are generally provided to a mass market. TV, movies and electronic games, make kids into experienced adults, if one compares them to adults of the past. With technology, the range of differing experiences one experiences grows exponentially, but now we are seeing that the outcome is emotional inertia. Most or all kids by the age of 18 have already become habitualised emotionally, with emotion causing agents provided by others. With such emotional acclimatisation, their minds and ego come to desire new emotions or stronger version of existing emotions. This is the rot of the West.

Without certain machines, human emotions would stabilise, our minds would evolve to quickly for our bodies to evolve commensurately. We'd become bored with life, and become irrational for the sake of it offering diversion. That there will be machines that reset emotions to those of an innocent child, with an awe of pseudo-new things, and where virtual reality provides harmless new things, then it is destined to occur. It is what people will want, and technologically seems close already, so it will become a reality. Business controls us, and they will market everything.

I can tell you straight up. I would opt to be in such a situation. There is nothing more important to me than "feeling alive", and one can only do this via emotions. For me, the joy of reality is the joy of experiencing new realities for the first time.

Truth for truths sake is like walking down an ever narrowing glass staircase. The emotional value of truth in the present world originates from being in opposition to untruth, which is rampant. If we evolve to a point where everyone, by 18, 15, 14, 12 years, knows the truth and mentally is in tune with truth, there would be insufficient opposition for truth to hold value, the truth/untruth duality would cease to be. A colony of enlightened humans would be little different to life in an ants nest, and therefore we will increasingly turn to machines for our emotional experiences.
sapincher

Post by sapincher »

But what I am saying is that if someone happens to code a program that makes designs for future computers, wouldn't that be self-replication?

If these designs are better than the base model, isn't that evolution?

If these computers can program, doesn't that make them intelligent?

Aren't we, in the end, programmed via our billions of neurons, and doesn't this base emotion off of physical processes?

I am saying that evolution will split into two areas at 2040, the slippery slope of artificial intelligence and the traditions or organic intelligence.

Once machines become spiritual and humanistic there is no reason for humans to be around, except to give them feelings of nostalgia or a variation of Stockholm syndrome.

There is no reason why emotion can not be programmed into an AI being. Humans wouldn't even need to do this. Machines, who by this time will process thousands of times the information of a brain and millions of times the pipeline speed, will.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

sapincher wrote:1/ But what I am saying is that if someone happens to code a program that makes designs for future computers, wouldn't that be self-replication?

2/ If these designs are better than the base model, isn't that evolution?

3/ If these computers can program, doesn't that make them intelligent?

4/ Aren't we, in the end, programmed via our billions of neurons, and doesn't this base emotion off of physical processes?

I am saying that evolution will split into two areas at 2040, the slippery slope of artificial intelligence and the traditions or organic intelligence.

Once machines become spiritual and humanistic there is no reason for humans to be around, except to give them feelings of nostalgia or a variation of Stockholm syndrome.

5/ There is no reason why emotion can not be programmed into an AI being. Humans wouldn't even need to do this. Machines, who by this time will process thousands of times the information of a brain and millions of times the pipeline speed, will.
1/ Self replication is everywhere in technology today. Not very AI though is it?

2/ Yes, probably early stage evolution.

3/ Not really, there are programs that can write programs already, not very AI.

4/ We are a collective voice in harmony, with a history, and a memory. We are sentient. That's half programmed, half individual. But AI isn't going to be programmed either, it can work the same way.

5/ Emotion cannot be programmed, it has to be sentient, and sentience is a material. Like you cannot program electricity. You have to simply use it, and it is available to be used. Sentience is available to be used, but is harder to find than electricity.
sapincher

Post by sapincher »

What exactly do you mean by sentience? Soul?