Never will you be wise or enlightened

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
average

Never will you be wise or enlightened

Post by average »

There is no kingdom of God or Heaven, no Nirvana and no Absolute Truth, No Samsara, No Salvation and no Damnation for you

You do not persist long enough to call yourself wise, enlightened, holy, profound, truthful. What you refer to was never there.

You can not enter the gates of nirvana because the gates are imaginary, just like you.

You are a ghost and I am talking to the wind.

Discuss.
Imadrongo

Re: Never will you be wise or enlightened

Post by Imadrongo »

If you ever make it to the stage where you have cleared yourself of delusional attachments you will look back and laugh at your naivety. (If not the it was not in the Totality's divine plan.)
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

average wrote:There is no kingdom of God or Heaven, no Nirvana and no Absolute Truth, No Samsara, No Salvation and no Damnation for you
Ok, so what is there?
You do not persist long enough to call yourself wise, enlightened, holy, profound, truthful. What you refer to was never there.
What are you referring to?
You can not enter the gates of nirvana because the gates are imaginary, just like you.
Can I pass GO and collect $200?
What is it saying?
average

Post by average »

Dan Rowden wrote:
Ok, so what is there?

This.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

average wrote:There is no kingdom of God or Heaven, no Nirvana and no Absolute Truth, No Samsara, No Salvation and no Damnation for you

Discuss.
As an old 'shrink' i must advise you to replace all your "you's" with "I's" and see your own pathetic situation without projecting it on anyone else.

ps: your last "I" had a ring of Truth... and I too wonder what the answer (which "is blowing in the wind") is telling you. Seems to me from your post that you are not open to listening anyway.
Just on a whim.
mikiel
FlyingSaucie

Post by FlyingSaucie »

That sounds like the sort of angsty nonsense I would have written when I was twelve and my mother was forcing me to go to church every week.
average

Post by average »

=]
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Discuss.. well.. you can reach a state where you are happy with your knowledge. But this generation is almost primordial, and you are right in saying that you will never learn everything, because there is too much to put right.
average

Post by average »

Well there is nothing binding you, so what is there to be free of?

You imagine you are ignorant? But there is nothing to understand.

You decorate your mind with fancy concepts, like a woman decorating her body with fancy clothes, yet all of this is already gone, her body and the clothes, your mind and the concepts - truly they never existed in the first place, and they were never really yours.

Why will you never be wise or enlightened?
cause everything you think of,
And of everything you do,
Is for yourself
And there isn't one.

+
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

average wrote:Well there is nothing binding you, so what is there to be free of?

You decorate your mind with fancy concepts, like a woman decorating her body with fancy clothes, yet all of this is already gone, her body and the clothes, your mind and the concepts - truly they never existed in the first place, and they were never really yours.

Is for yourself
And there isn't one.

+
So... why are you telling me about your concepts which never truly existed, and were never really yours?

Or.. Don't you actually believe what you are saying?
average

Post by average »

So... why are you telling me about your concepts which never truly existed, and were never really yours?

shit stinks
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

average wrote:Well there is nothing binding you, so what is there to be free of?

Is for yourself
And there isn't one.

+
Where is this understanding coming from? I'm startled.

-
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

average wrote:

shit stinks
Cliche'... you could have said.. "Shit smells rather nasty!" Otherwise robotic. And I'm not fond of robots telling me stuff.
average

Post by average »

up to you
Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

What is the point of glorifying nothingness?
Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

Cory Duchesne wrote:
Neil Melnyk wrote:What is the point of glorifying nothingness?
What point is there in glorifying suffering? When you turn your back on truth, isn't that what you're doing?
No, when you turn your back on nothingness, that is what you are doing. And the point of suffering is to grow, overcome, advance, etc. With these comes happiness. Growing towards some goal, holding values, is your meaning.

Those who glorify nothingness are lacking some or all of the above -- goals, values, strength/ability, courage, etc.

They glorify nothing because they accomplish nothing -- a form of self-protection of course.
average

Post by average »

There is no enlightenment other than the notion of enlightenment.

You do not have an ego, you do not have any delusions, you are only possessed by the notion of ego, and the notion of delusion.

You do not have wisdom either, you are only possessed by the notion of wisdom. But don't worry, it will pass.

How about that?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Neil Melnyk wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:
What point is there in glorifying suffering? When you turn your back on truth, isn't that what you're doing?
No, when you turn your back on nothingness, that is what you are doing.
When you turn your back on nothingness, you are turning your back on truth, and yes, you, in effect, are glorifying suffering.
And the point of suffering is to grow, overcome, advance, etc. With these comes happiness.
I agree that suffering is inevitable, and that it's a requisite for excellence in anything, including being wise, but the aim shouldn't be to preserve suffering, or to indulge in it gratuitously.
Growing towards some goal, holding values, is your meaning.
This is the case for an aspirant of truth and wisdom, the talented, as well as the commoner.
Those who glorify nothingness are lacking some or all of the above -- goals, values, strength/ability, courage, etc.
I'm afraid that nothingness is simply an incidental realization, a corollary to thinking clearly.
They glorify nothing because they accomplish nothing -- a form of self-protection of course.
Have you ever heard of a 'workaholic'? You do realize I hope, that constant activity, striving and work is a common form of self-protection, escapism.

But I agree that this forum, aside from doing a good job of challenging attachments, unfortunately appeals to people who are afraid of socializing and becoming something in the world. Hence, it it can be used as a means of escape much like you describe. But that's like anything of course.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

average wrote:There is no enlightenment other than the notion of enlightenment.

You do not have an ego, you do not have any delusions, you are only possessed by the notion of ego, and the notion of delusion.

You do not have wisdom either, you are only possessed by the notion of wisdom. But don't worry, it will pass.

How about that?
How did you come to those conclusions?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

average wrote:There is no enlightenment other than the notion of enlightenment.

How about that?
For a moment, I thought you actually saw something. But I was mistaken.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Glorifying nothingness? Man, you still have no idea.

Nothingness is about as far removed from reality and enlightened perception as it can possibly get.

-
average

Post by average »

David Quinn wrote:For a moment, I thought you actually saw something. But I was mistaken.
What do you imagine there is to see?
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

average wrote:
David Quinn wrote:For a moment, I thought you actually saw something. But I was mistaken.
Wisdom is in the counter argument as well as knowledge. Your counter arguments lack a point most of the time. When a counter argument lacks substantial amounts of academia, then the counter argument will always loose to those who are observing your responses.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

average wrote:
The obvious. What is there when imagination has ceased.

-
average

Post by average »

Keep dreaming.