reality

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
clyde

reality

Post by clyde »

I don’t know how it works.

I know it does work, but the wholeness of reality, the empty suchness, appears to be a universe of interdependent sets of contradictions, which themselves are eternally morphing, in a state of constant imbalance, as if stumbling its way, but with power and grace.

Ultimately we go with the flow and either we acknowledge that or we don’t.

Do no harm,
clyde
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: reality

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

clyde wrote:I don’t know how it works.
How do you mean this? Depending on how you mean this, the answer could involve too many details on causality for one post, or the answer could be that actually, reality doesn't work.

Would you mind clarifying your post a bit more for me, if you can?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

I know it does work, but the wholeness of reality, the empty suchness, appears to be a universe of interdependent sets of contradictions, which themselves are eternally morphing, in a state of constant imbalance, as if stumbling its way, but with power and grace.

Perhaps it's better to say that the world as it appears to you is stumbling its way, with power and grace just as well with weakness and disgrace. This is the flow.

The ultimate is not a contradiction, it doesn't morph, it's always in balance, it never stumbles because it's not going anywhere and doesn't need power or grace added or subtracted.

The ultimate is what makes us aware of flow. The constant that is true in every conceivable universe or experience.

That's how the static moves. The tao does tao. How it works.

Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

An evolving thing (most commonly) goes two steps forward and 1 step back.

A devolving thing goes two steps back and 1 step forward.

The universe dances, with the masculine leading.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Elizabeth;

I was not denying causality.

clyde
Elizabeth Isabelle

Okay, so now I know one thing you didn't mean, but I'm still fuzzy on what you did mean.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Elizabeth;

It was meant as a description of the nature and functioning of reality, and our relationship to it.

clyde
Nordicvs

Post by Nordicvs »

Do no harm,
clyde
You'll never know sitting here on this ball of dirt; to truly understand anything one must experience it (thought and logic and all that is not enough), almost every philosophical school of thought agrees here, thus the universe and reality is unknowable until at least some of it is experienced. A few site-seeing trips to the moon to collect rocks and put up a flag, lauching telecommunication/spy satellites, and sending electric skateboards to Mars will never do...

You require a space-going vessel to find out. (Totally serious here.) Until then, find something to think about, that's my advice.
Shardrol

Post by Shardrol »

clyde wrote:Ultimately we go with the flow and either we acknowledge that or we don’t.

Do no harm,
clyde
What if the flow is moving in the direction of doing harm?

Shardrol
Elizabeth Isabelle

5 times, Invenbot wrote:I like the idea that everything is perfect ...

I like pineapple pies too , lol ;P

_POC_

TGI-INVENTBOT-INVENBOT
Kevin Solway wrote:Hopefully we've knocked the spam on the head for a while. I've added some new antispam mods to the forum that seem to be doing the job. This includes a more advanced visual confirmation, also the exclusion of URLs during registration, and also people cannot post any links in their posts until they have posted a couple of posts.

So even if a person goes to the trouble of manually typing out the visual confirmation code, they still won't be able to post their URLs anywhere.
(bold added)

Does anything evolve faster than spambots?
clyde

Post by clyde »

Shardrol;

The flow of reality is from moment to moment,
not in a direction to (or away) from something.

clyde