Hu Hueng!?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sevens

Hu Hueng!?

Post by sevens »

Hu Hueng!?

Has anyone heard tale of the wunderkind?
sevens

Post by sevens »

Prior to reading any posts from Hu Hueng:

I received a dream in which I was conversing with a man of Asian descent. He was rapidly sketching an abstract image on what appeared to be blueprint paper. Flash to a fully constructed swimming pool. Our conversation continued and ceased, as we relaxed in the pool. Flash to a barren room. Instantly, I am surrounded by a number of peeved fools, all jealously craving attention from a radiant angel of a woman - fawning my every move.

The next morning, I awake to discover Hu's inspired posts, concerning the intricate dealings of the female mind.
sloof

Re: Hu Hueng!?

Post by sloof »

this is QUITE strange, for i just had a conversation that went exactly as how your dream went, just not in images but in words.

when exactly did you have this dream? Edited by: sloof at: 7/9/05 16:58
Kevin Solway

Hu Hueng

Post by Kevin Solway »

Who is Hu Hueng?
sevens

Hu Zheng

Post by sevens »

The man himself: Hu Zheng! (In my excitement, I misspelled his name)

He posted for a brief period back in 2004. He hailed from China, and was eager to form a 'Genius Religion.'
Kevin Solway

Re: Hu Zheng

Post by Kevin Solway »

I wasn't sure. I thought you may have discovered some unknown Chinese thinker.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

The last I heard, Hu Zheng had given up thinking, as he had met the woman of his dreams . . . apparently.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Kevin wrote:
Quote:Quote:<hr>The last I heard, Hu Zheng had given up thinking, as he had met the woman of his dreams . . . apparently.<hr>

Would there anything wrong with that? I take it that you mean he has given up philosophical thinking, but it is possible that he may have realized the Truth and then what more is there to discover? Other than just be and seamlessly go along with the flow?

sevens

Rad

Post by sevens »

Sloof!

Tell me more, tell me more!

(I watched this picture show about a year ago).

There is hope!

creativegal

Re: Rad....Carry On Please, Ears Are Open

Post by creativegal »

Ears are open proceed please, we want to hear the rest of the dream, carry on.
sevens

Post by sevens »

Donna,

My dream ended at the period. However, I am destined to self, fulfiling prophecies.
Wild Fox Zen

Hu

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

we all love hu zheng

doesn't seem like any people write about genius/enlightenment/etc. from the perspective of actually having it. Hu Zheng's book is a joy to read.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

What book is this?
sevens

Book

Post by sevens »

David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

He had some potential, but it was brief - like a comet suddenly flaring in the sky. His urge to be with a woman seems to have got the better of him. His obsession with marriage and matchmaking even riddled his philosophic writing and undermined it. So for me, he is a disappointment.

I think, deep down, he saw Weininger and Solway as not people to embrace and emulate, but as foes to be defeated. That was the source of his philosophizing.

-
sevens

Post by sevens »

It is unfortunate that he uncovered so much truth - before having the experience of woman. Fate could still have something to say...
Wild Fox Zen

oo

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

It might be helpful for you guys to check out the pdf of Siddhartha he's hosting. That may give you a clue as to the impact of finding his girl has had on him. He's like clever siddhartha in a lot of ways.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Can you spell out what you mean by this?
Wild Fox Zen

ho hum

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

Oh... not precisely, but he seems to have that "natural stock of spiritual power"--he's gifted. He's found his own path and has now found his girl. He's even around the same age Sidhartha was when he found Kamala.

I guess I may as well mention that it was through her he met Kamaswami, and in the years of helping him run his business he fell back into samsara;however, Siddhartha once again gains enlightenment (an even more profound satori than before) just before he commits suicide.

Man, I really love that book.

Hu Zheng is still young, there's a lot more in wait for him.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

I hope you're right. He was certainly gifted and, as you say, had that "natural stock of spiritual power". But a woman can easily kill all that if you're not careful. Just because Siddhartha regained his enlightenment after twenty years of worldly living, there is no guarantee that Hu Zheng will. Siddhartha is, don't forget, a work of fiction.

-
Wild Fox Zen

yeah...

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

The archetype is universal, though. I don't think someone like Hu Zheng can rest in samsara so if he ever falls from grace (something which I'm not even convinced of) then I have no doubt he'll find himself again.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Wild Fox Zen wrote:
The archetype is universal, though.
It sounds like wishful thinking to me. I'm not sure that I would place too much faith in the spiritual knowledge of Hermenne Hesse. He was just a novelist, after all.

One would have to plant some pretty deep spiritual roots in one's youth in order to survive twenty years of worldly living. Even then, I'm not sure it can be done. By the time you reach the end of the twenty years, you are in your forties or fifties and your body and mind will have hardened in its worldliness. It's doutful whether you could be bent in another direction. It's like a mature tree - if you try to bend it too much, it will snap.

-
sevens

Archetype

Post by sevens »

Yes, but as Wild Fox Zen noted, it is the archetype that is universal. I highly doubt that Hu will aimlessly wander through the world for twenty years - without his consciousness. What is more likely to occur: He'll become disillusioned with woman, fall into a period of fire and smoke - and be reborn as an Iron Bird.

Or, his Ice Lotus will continually develop her consciousness - and they will form a laser network.
Wild Fox Zen

not for happy

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

devote to linux... er.. ice lotus

she's cute, guys. if icelotus and philosophy can't rest in the same heart, then I don't think philosophy will win out. i'm with tumbleman win/win. no competition here, he'll conquer the world, by conquering his girl.
sevens

Yo!

Post by sevens »

Fox,

Do you know Hu? (Or have you seen a photo of Lotus?)