Changing user names

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kevin Solway

Changing user names

Post by Kevin Solway »

If anyone wants to change their user name to something closer to their real name, then let me know and I can change if for you.

You could send me a personal message via the "pm" button just below.

------

For the record, names that have been changed include:

mookestink -> Trevor Salyzyn
Rear Naked Choke -> Angel Ramirez
cosmic_prostitute -> Ryan Rudolph
Cory Patrick -> Cory Duchesne
Nick -> Nick Treklis

------
Last edited by Kevin Solway on Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
Angel Ramirez

Post by Angel Ramirez »

I've always hated my real name but it's proper to use it.

"Angel Ramirez"

Thank you.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Angel Ramirez wrote:I've always hated my real name but it's proper to use it.

"Angel Ramirez"

Thank you.
Why? It's such a pretty name. ; )
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

It is a nice name (but not indicating overly nice - the angel Gabriel was not exactly depicted as docile), and it's a shame that much of the world is not aware that it is a male name - although more people are aware that Angel is a guy's name than they are aware that Kelly is an Irish male name ( I know Kelly is more commonly a female name in America, but I don't know if it is also a female name in Ireland), nor are many people aware than Marion is appropriate for either gender.
sky

Post by sky »

gabriel was/is an archangel

but then again so was/is lucifer

i mean here of all places 'loftiness' should given all due
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Good bye Cosmic Prostitute, it's been an interesting journey old friend, but a snake needs to shed it's skin at some point...
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

bye cp :(

oh, and bye mookestink. it'll be harder to be an asshole without the cover.
Elizabeth Isabelle

it'll be harder to be an asshole without the cover.
but it will make growth more achievable.

I am pleased to meet you by who you really are.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Trevor wrote:
it'll be harder to be an asshole without the cover.
Yeah I know, I feel like a naked little school boy standing out here like this, I can understand why the QRS are so bloody polite and courteous to everyone, oh well, I suppose the party has to end sometime.

In loving memory of:
CP
He was loved by
no one,
Except for CP,
See you at the Resurrection
old boy.
Jan 2006 – Sept 2006
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ryan, you wouldn't happen to be related to any reindeer would you? ; )

I know I know, I'm corny...
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Good Ol' Saint Nick wrote:
Ryan, you wouldn't happen to be related to any reindeer would you?
Oh, painful childhood memories are flashing through my brain, I hate causality!

Lord, why have you forsaken me with this last name? WHHHHYYY?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ryan,

My maiden name was Bragg. Try growing up and defending yourself by saying anything positive about yourself with that last name...

I probably got some of the same taunts growing up as you did because my nose would turn bright red if I even started to cry, and the kdis just loved to see if they could make my nose turn red.
AlyOshA

Post by AlyOshA »

I lived in Japan and still value many Japanese traditions and attitudes. I don't feel like I can take my shoes off on this forum yet. Not quite that type of personal environment (says someone who has only been posting for a couple of weeks). But I use my full name when I am at home. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dostoevsky/

Sincerely,

Adam
lost child
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Adam wrote:
I lived in Japan and still value many Japanese traditions and attitudes.
Specifically, what is it about Japanese tradition that you value?

Is the stereotype about Japanese women correct? that many are quiet, submissive, not controlling?

I wouldnt mind getting myself one of those mail order Japanese wives. Their quiet, submissive and they'll do all the chores around the house we'll I lay around and allow my muscles to decay from disuse - joke.

Elizabeth wrote:
My maiden name was Bragg. Try growing up and defending yourself by saying anything positive about yourself with that last name...
I probably got some of the same taunts growing up as you did because my nose would turn bright red if I even started to cry, and the kdis just loved to see if they could make my nose turn red.
Blah blah blah, Elizabeth, do me a favor okay? Stop bragging about your childhood… joke
Last edited by Ryan Rudolph on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ryan wrote:
I can understand why the QRS are so bloody polite and courteous to everyone
I can see that you don't have that "problem."
AlyOshA

Post by AlyOshA »

Specifically, what is it about Japanese traditions that you value?
Willingness to learn, to constantly perfect every aspect of your craft, respect is a huge one, attention to detail, and patience. You would be dumbfounded by how efficient, intelligent, clean, and all around pleasant it is in Japan. Every small detail is looked after. It is immaculately clean, crime rate is astronomically lower, health-care system is more efficient, and the income gap between a CEO and a Janitor of the same company is unfathomably less than it is in the States. The lower end jobs are respected, teachers are respected, elders are respected, people of accomplishment are respected, old ladies hike up mountains faster than you could, and if you see a cigarette but on the road, you can rest assure that and old lady is going to fly out of her house at any minute and pick it up. I could go on and on but I gotta go.
Peace,
Adam
lost child
Elizabeth Isabelle

Adam,

Thank you for sharing yourself. I wasn't sure whether I should respond to your link here or not.
Last edited by Elizabeth Isabelle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth wrote:
I can see that you don't have that "problem."
yep no problems, constantly being polite can sometimes be used as a smokescreen to protect egos, an insult is actually quite meaningless because if there is no ego then nothing is hurt in the first place. So if someone is hurt by my insults then it is their weakness, they are the ones that have a problem.

Adam, those are some positive aspects of Japan, but I thought I'd share the negative aspects that I've become aware of.

I heard they have a problem with suicide in Japan, Apparently there are suicide messageboards where hundreds of strangers meet on the internet and then commit suicide with each other. They also have a huge problem where rapists will disguise themselves as someone who wants to commit suicide and then when they meet the women in person, they will rape the women that are trying to commit suicide.

I have always thought of Japan as a unconscious herd mentality. They are polite, but terrified of hurting anothers feelings and therefore their conventional morality is akin to frightened timid bunny rabbits.

Also, Married Japanese men in big business are incredibly competitive with infidelity. They derive alot of meaning, pride and accomplishment through this activity. Not all that different from the USA in many regards. Obviously not a utopia. They are also much more dependent on technology and as a result they are bigger slaves.

Overall you have an anal retentive society that that are enslaved and sexuality is exaggerated in certain areas because it is repressed in others. For instance: in societies that are heavily controlled and enslaved by technology, the number of rapists will be incredibly high which is the case for Japan.

Also because CEO's have so much stress and unneccessary responsibility, they place enormous value on infidelity because it is the only 'release' they have in their lives because inwardly they are dead.

I also have a theory that people who are anal retentive will also have sexual imbalances, the libido will be more intense. Although it is something I am still considering... Anybody have any knowledge on this area of thought?

For instance: Germany is notorious for massive anal retentive expressions and also you find some of the most exaggerated sexual preferences, is there a relationship?
Last edited by Ryan Rudolph on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AlyOshA

Post by AlyOshA »

True that Ryan, true that. My biggest problem in Japan was with the attitudes towards women and the "group" mentality. Also it is really hard to make friends, alienation and isolation are major problems. The suicide rate is higher for cultural and historical reasons. I'm sure you know the basic history of sepuku. But at the same time the life expectancy is higher than anywhere else in the world. For me it is very simple, everywhere you live has demons as well as blessings, negative attributes as well as positive ones. I think they are all equal (in the big picture); it just comes down to what demons you are willing to accept. You must choose what you’re willing to loose. Aesthetically speaking Japan is a f#%cking paradise. But I choose to live in the States. It might simply be for the same reasons Anthony De Milo choose to stick with Christianity (as his outlet for communication).
lost child
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

Ryan, I appreciate what you did. But if there was a time when you needed $200 immediately, who do you think would get paid first? The Cosmic Prostitute or you...Ryan.

/shrug

I'm just sayin...
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Tharan wrote:
Ryan, I appreciate what you did. But if there was a time when you needed $200 immediately, who do you think would get paid first? The Cosmic Prostitute or you...Ryan.
Yes I see what you’re getting at, the Cosmic Prostitute as a persona is probably more enjoyable then someone who is relentlessly serious only because CP was notorious for clowning around, being a fool, mocking others stupidity, not taking anything seriously, being a schemer and a weasel so yes he could probably swarm his way into fortune fairly easy.

It’s quite ironic that you mention this because in my daily affairs a filthy rich irrational women comes into my life again and again, and she hints around at marriage. Basically I feel the universe is testing me, and I am incredibly weak in this regard. I don’t know how long I can keep saying no to her. The CP within me wants to put a ring on her finger, but the philosopher within me knows that if I live with her the quality of my being will suffer greatly. Hopefully good will prevail…but…

My biggest weakness and dishonesty is I have this gift where I can study someone to the point where I know exactly what to say to please them and then I just play with them to entertain myself; And then I derive more gratification just off the thought that the entire ‘show’ is just a manipulation of my own making: it’s quite evil really. Both of us end up being in a state of elation through incredibly dishonest means.

What is strange is that I’m not suffering anymore after dishonest actions; I no longer feel guilt or any sort of negative emotion after I do something I shouldn’t have. I feel like a psychopath; maybe this is why UG krishnamurti lied compulsively to deluded people because he felt absolutely no guilt after doing so; he did it merely for his own amusement and entertainment. However obviously it is dishonest.

Realistically it would be a difficult charade to maintain and even CP would have problems mastering it without the integrity of one’s being suffering greatly. One ends up being dishonest.

The desire to marry her is also fuelled by the desire to not work in civilization at all among many other desires; it is quite complicated psychologically.

The Cosmic Prostitute represents the misbehaving inner child within myself, Many of the things that CP has done and said are things Ryan never would have said; I have been writing through a split-persona within myself; an alter ego.

Many philosophers have had alter egos; and they can actually be a source of insight, realization and amusement.

Changing my name is the need for greater seriousness and honesty because CP has been a rebel rouser; an alter ego that has the ability to be profound/funny, but also has the ability to be malicious, scheming, and outright dishonest.

CP has the tendency to sometimes cast an incredibly dark shadow that Ryan must walk behind. Ideally you want the shadow to become smaller and smaller until Ryan is walking blissfully in the sunshine with rays of light radiating off his entire body.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Ryan wrote:The desire to marry her is also fuelled by the desire to not work in civilization at all
You could tell her that you'll marry her provided that you never have to talk to her, or see her, and that you'll be living in another country.

If she really wants to be married, she might still go for it. But of course, you'll still be feeding her delusions.
sky

Post by sky »

'those who marry for money usuallly end up earning it'
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

sky wrote:
'those who marry for money usuallly end up earning it'
I don’t know if your ‘Dr Phil morality’ applies here. If one takes into account that the quality of the sage’s mind is exclusively dependent on his ability to be free from culture then as Solway suggests there maybe special cases where marrying for money is the most intelligent thing to do.

I don’t know enough about my little darling yet to determine whether or not the compromise will outweigh the benefits.

If the compromise is too great, I will automatically reject the whole thing anyway.

However the girl is incredibly independent because she has been living off of an inheritance her entire life so she doesn’t actually need a man in her life anyway; it’s more of a status thing. She wants to tell her girlfriends that she’s married. I’ll feed that delusion if I can be free from the 9-5 deal.

However the biggest compromise would be the participation in the wedding ceremony. I don’t know if I could bring myself to a state where I could go through with it. To dress up in a monkey suit and regurgitate a bunch of meaningless verbatims dictated by some child-molesting priest isn’t my idea of a good time.

I just don’t know, welfare and the food banks maybe a better option.

I've come to the conclusion that a genius can only be free through three means:

1. leech off the system: unemployment,
2. working part-time doing a job with little mental and physical responsibility such as a security guard.
3. inherit wealth/money somehow or if you were born into a position where you own fertile land then you could just live off the land as god intended.

However one doesnt to get caught living the life of the 9-5 enslaved middle classes - that is a frightening thought.
Last edited by Ryan Rudolph on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
sky

Post by sky »

actually it is a classic quote

here is another

he or she who has the gold makes the rules