Everyone is the same age

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
unwise

Everyone is the same age

Post by unwise »

I don't know if you see it this way, but I can't tell if I am older than a child or younger than the Pope. I don't understand 'age.' What do they mean? Everyone's age is 'now.' Isn't that obvious?
BJMcGilly

Post by BJMcGilly »

unwise:
I don't know if you see it this way, but I can't tell if I am older than a child or younger than the Pope. I don't understand 'age.' What do they mean? Everyone's age is 'now.' Isn't that obvious?
This definition of age is renders the concept impotent. What of philosophy is in it? There's something to it, but you communicate from the periphery of conscious thought.

To expound on your henid, and in an attempt to coalesce the nebulous to the concrete, so that we all may get a handle on it- I imagine you're challenging the commonly accepted definition of age.

To expedite, tell us, what do you mean everyone's age is "now"?

Bryan
Blair

Re: Everyone is the same age

Post by Blair »

unwise wrote:I don't know if you see it this way, but I can't tell if I am older than a child or younger than the Pope. I don't understand 'age.' What do they mean? Everyone's age is 'now.' Isn't that obvious?
Yes it is. But humans are not naturally inclined to percieve in this way. The chaotic and unsettled mind looks to past and future to define the present. It's all very sad, and as you would say, hilarious..
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

unwise wrote:I don't know if you see it this way, but I can't tell if I am older than a child or younger than the Pope. I don't understand 'age.' What do they mean? Everyone's age is 'now.' Isn't that obvious?
Now from where could you have acquired such a crazy idea?

Why were you then telling me just two days ago that I seemed 'Young' to you? What did you mean then?

Amazing! What a change of perspective in two days!

I'm just joking, Unwise, and I think you know it. :D Be well.
---------
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

unwise,

You're alluding to change and relativity.

If you never properly define an object, then it remains unchanged.

Once an object is defined, then it's properties appear both relative and distinct.
unwise

Post by unwise »

Once an object is defined, then it's properties appear both relative and distinct
Yes, I have no idea what I am. I stopped being a person a while back. Now I have no idea who I am or what I am. Since then I don't seem to have an age. I am more like a child who never thinks of age or thinks he will ever die. He only thinks of right now. I see people looking at me like I am of a different age than them. I find that really odd. I am the all-pervading spirit. But persons act like they are of different ages. I can immediately be any age and talk to any person directly as though I am their age.

I am everybody and nobody.
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Unwise,
It seems to me like you're experiencing a bad case of
ONE-itis...a feverish disposition one may feel when one is hit
maybe too directly with the IT-ness of IT...what you may understand as the sudden coalescence of all reality within the self,regardless of time and space, is probably just a new set of illusions, a play on words rather than the realization of your true
self...like a cat playing with a newfound ball of yarn..beware
- if I may - of apparent transcendental states of mind: what's
there to transcend?
Realization of the self is the most prosaic and sobering experience one can have, in my opinion;it might just be the
"non-event par excellence"...

Take good care of yourself,

Pyrrho
unwise

Post by unwise »

Yes, I don't have a mind to transcend. I never transcended anything.
bert

Post by bert »

unwise wrote:
Once an object is defined, then it's properties appear both relative and distinct
Yes, I have no idea what I am. I stopped being a person a while back. Now I have no idea who I am or what I am. Since then I don't seem to have an age. I am more like a child who never thinks of age or thinks he will ever die. He only thinks of right now. I see people looking at me like I am of a different age than them. I find that really odd. I am the all-pervading spirit. But persons act like they are of different ages. I can immediately be any age and talk to any person directly as though I am their age.

I am everybody and nobody.
yeah,remaining the same these frightened saints,mocking "all is illusion",always - their reality does barely induce significance to come to half-a-wet-dream.

but, THIS,this is my great moment of reality - flesh, alive
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

I hate to see geniuses waste their skills in such worthless "reality busting".

The cause /effect nature of our basic existence, unfolds through time, the causal event generally preceding the effect. Age is additionally impactful through our physical changes, and our general sociological changes as we advance through life stages etc, assuming we're not socialized all retarded like.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

You guys should go to this hermit forum I went to. They're like, a bunch of losers, abuse victims actually, psychological or otherwise, but they've hyped their victims status into this exalted state, and they get all pissed off when you tell them this, or that apathy is just apathy. It's loads of fun!
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Millipodium,
Same here, but he doesn't shut up.
You guys should go to this hermit forum I went to. They're like, a bunch of losers, abuse victims actually, psychological or otherwise, but they've hyped their victims status into this exalted state, and they get all pissed off when you tell them this, or that apathy is just apathy. It's loads of fun!
This forum seems to accomplish the same task.

Welcome!
- Scott
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

sschaula wrote:Millipodium,
Same here, but he doesn't shut up.
This forum seems to accomplish the same task.

Welcome!
Thanks bro. I just got kicked off a neocon forum where they're completely brainwashed. They think jews REALLY ARE god's chosen people and can't understand it when I say the jews are just as religiously driven as the "terrorists".

I say, "How would you like it if the UN took manhattan and gave it to canada, would you be cool with that"

wait for it.. wait for it

"That won't happen"

"It's a hypothetical you retard".

I called the mods jew-nazis and left in a glorious spray of bannation.

Fuck em.

This place seems like a good home.
Nick

Post by Nick »

millipodium wrote:

The cause /effect nature of our basic existence, unfolds through time, the causal event generally preceding the effect. Age is additionally impactful through our physical changes, and our general sociological changes as we advance through life stages etc, assuming we're not socialized all retarded like.
Talk what Unwise says with a grain of salt. Unwise, he's...well...unwise
Shade

Well.

Post by Shade »

When I say Universe I mean all Perceptible things.

A theory like that can only be proven wrong with another theory.
If one believes the universe to be a line, then we must except age as one beings creation into the form of that line and the end. I am 14, now say that you are 20. You were brought into being 6 years before me, age applies that have more momentum than i do to affect the line. But we also must accept that in the greater scheme of the line, no matter what we do we cannot affect the line, so that theory instantly proves itself wrong, saying tht age is "now". If we think of the universe as a circle where each being will be revisited, you will be revisited before me, saying that age can only be compared to everything. That Basically states that
age is of no importance to an individual because it does not affect that individual. The only thing that affects A persons intelligence is the ability to gain intelligence, which is in itself "intelligence"
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Welcome, Shade.

Your intelligence does seem to shine through irrelevant of the age you say you are. Now only if you could be kind enough to remove that huge image, because it somehow disturbs the formatting and pages go haywire for others.

You can reduce that image according to the maximum size acceptable according to this forum, if you really want to express yourself through an image. I do know that a picture is worth a thousand words, but generally those words are different for each observer.

Thanks.
---------
Shade

Sorry :)

Post by Shade »

Sorry
Shade

Post by Shade »

I have no desire to express myself through a picture,
only to laugh at the people who worship the symbol
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Shade wrote:I have no desire to express myself through a picture,
only to laugh at the people who worship the symbol
hehehe... Well, you see. I couldn't have known that if you did not tell me. Now I really get a better picture.

It shows how mature you are irrelevant of "age", which was exactly my original point in another thread made out to Unwise; He took the 'age' part a bit too seriously, and the result was this thread where he removes AGE altogether. What can I say... :)
---------
Shade

Perfect.

Post by Shade »

I see.
You, my friend, can speak with honest intuition.