QRS delusion

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
1otherS

Re: QRS delusion

Post by 1otherS »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:If sex-drive were still essential to our survival, there would not be any fertility clinics. I get the impression that for an overwhelming majority of couples trying to conceive despite fertility problems, sex becomes a chore. Gay and lesbian couples who want to have children do not conceive out of the result of a sex drive, yet they get biological children. With the advances in birth control, children are far less often the result of sex drive. We know roughly how to make babies, so if the desired result is procreation, we have the "recipe" on how to produce that result. Sex drive doesn't have to have anything to do with it.
Imagine everyone relying on fertility clinics and sperm donors for procreating...This would be a strain on society.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Imagine everyone relying on fertility clinics and sperm donors for procreating...This would be a strain on society.
I think it would be great. Only people who wanted babies and could afford babies would have them. There would be a lot less poverty and stupidity.
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Shahrazad wrote:
I think it would be great. Only people who wanted babies and could afford babies would have them. There would be a lot less poverty and stupidity.
I don't know... only the really well-to-do would be able to reproduce this way. Do you really want that?
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Animus wrote:"The QRS and their flock regularly write about their outcast status-constantly glorifying it as well...as if they were heroic martyrs.
"

Yea, I think I am. I just possibly passed up a huge promotion at work and put my job security in question because I discovered my employer was doing something illegal (to exploit labour). I called them out on it and now I am being subtely threatened by the HR dept. I knew ahead of time what the inevitable outcome of my actions would be... because I've been down this road a few times before.

All around me people opine they couldn't do what I'm doing becuase they have too many attachments. As a result they allow the company to exploit them and disobey the standards of the Employment Standards Act. This further plunges our society into the hands of the ego-centric capitalist, while the slavish masses succumb to their desire for job security and wealth.

I have those same goals of job security and wealth and I pursue them with a lot of effort, but if my rights as a Canadian Citizen or my principles of living a true human life stand in the way, my job security and wealth can go fuck itself.
Yeah, on reading this thread where QRS gets attacked - I figured the boys can take care of themselves. But I didn't want to let Animus' post slip by without notice.

This kind of action I have never personally seen. Luckily, I have not been put into a position where my ethics and my job status are in some sort of conflict. I do know that in the most corporate positions in which I have found myself, if I had been required to blow the whistle on anything, I would have been out on the street pronto, no mitigation involved. Here's hoping that Animus doesn't have to go that route. Let's hope your job security doesn't in fact have to go fuck itself.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

1otherS wrote:-Dan Rowden has confirmed his drinking problem.
Slanderous! Dan has never had a problem getting a drink! :)
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

That's, not true. Sometimes I only have enough money for food.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

1otherS wrote:Kevin Solway has a lot of misogynist undertones in his work.
At least they are honest undertones. Maybe 1otherS prefers a more overt misogyny.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I believe that the change from the term chauvinist to misogynist was one of the great propaganda evils of the 20th Century. For me, anyone who uses the term "misogyny" or "misogynist" to refer to any intellectual viewpoint that differs from the conventional, or from typical feminist rhetoric - and for no reason beyond this - is a person of low character and no intellectual or moral integrity.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

1otherS wrote:Imagine everyone relying on fertility clinics and sperm donors for procreating...This would be a strain on society.
I hope you're joking. I hope you recognize that I was just using that as an example of current day scenarios where sex drive is not an ingredient in procreation. Of course people without fertility problems but the knowledge of how to procreate would still have the knowledge of how to procreate using basic biology. In a society without emotional attachments, fertility clinics would probably be less necessary, as people who are of better genetic material could procreate at an age when fertility is usually not a problem, and since they were not emotionally attached to their offspring, if they were not at a stage in life where they would be the best caregivers, they could pass them along to (or substantially share them with) people who were optimally suited for child rearing.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

People are just fearful of consciousness, Elizabeth, as usual.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

1others,
I don't know... only the really well-to-do would be able to reproduce this way. Do you really want that?
Yes. The middle and upper classes would reproduce the most. It's much better than the way things are now in the world -- most children are born to parents who can't feed them, and their brains don't develop well due to undernourishment. It doesn't even matter what opportunities these kids get in the future, if they never had a chance the first five years of life.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Hehe thanks.

I meditated over this for a few hours last night. It seems my pursuit for truth and consequently my distaste for the economy and society has influenced the way I react to my employer. I can see that if I continue to pursue this I will lose my job, but if I don't, I might lose my sanity...

brokenhead wrote:
Animus wrote:"The QRS and their flock regularly write about their outcast status-constantly glorifying it as well...as if they were heroic martyrs.
"

Yea, I think I am. I just possibly passed up a huge promotion at work and put my job security in question because I discovered my employer was doing something illegal (to exploit labour). I called them out on it and now I am being subtely threatened by the HR dept. I knew ahead of time what the inevitable outcome of my actions would be... because I've been down this road a few times before.

All around me people opine they couldn't do what I'm doing becuase they have too many attachments. As a result they allow the company to exploit them and disobey the standards of the Employment Standards Act. This further plunges our society into the hands of the ego-centric capitalist, while the slavish masses succumb to their desire for job security and wealth.

I have those same goals of job security and wealth and I pursue them with a lot of effort, but if my rights as a Canadian Citizen or my principles of living a true human life stand in the way, my job security and wealth can go fuck itself.
Yeah, on reading this thread where QRS gets attacked - I figured the boys can take care of themselves. But I didn't want to let Animus' post slip by without notice.

This kind of action I have never personally seen. Luckily, I have not been put into a position where my ethics and my job status are in some sort of conflict. I do know that in the most corporate positions in which I have found myself, if I had been required to blow the whistle on anything, I would have been out on the street pronto, no mitigation involved. Here's hoping that Animus doesn't have to go that route. Let's hope your job security doesn't in fact have to go fuck itself.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Animus, I'm glad that for you it is as "easy" of a choice as between your job and your sanity. I've been in your position and did what I still consider to be the right thing to the best of my ability, and I lost both. I admire you.
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Dan Rowden wrote:People are just fearful of consciousness, Elizabeth, as usual.
Another poetic statement that leads and amounts to nothing what-so-ever.

Why do you think you have this grand concept of consciousness, Dan?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Why do you ask Dan so many stupid questions?
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Why do you resort to namecalling so often?

This group's positions are getting backed into a corner...and you know it.

I want to know Dan's motivations behind his megalomania.

BTW Anyone calling his buddy more competent than Wittgenstein or Kant just because he wrote some poetic aphorisms deserves to get ridiculed.

Direct question, right here:

QRS,
How would you rank yourself qua consciousness compared to W and K?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

They're like gnats.

-
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Wittgenstein regarded Weininger as a "‘remarkable genius", so he's on a rung higher than Kant.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

To be fair, Kant was before Weininger's time. I wonder who Kant regarded as a "remarkable genius". It would have to be someone pretty darn convoluted to attract Kant's attention.

-
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Could you post a detailed criticism on Kant's main thesis, David?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Could you eat your own head?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

What's his main thesis? He had an awful lot of them.

-
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

David Quinn wrote:What's his main thesis? He had an awful lot of them.

-
You claim to be an enlightened philosopher, I don't.

Maybe you are "intellectually superior" to me, but I want you to prove it-prove you have an understanding of at least Kant and then eventually Wittgenstein.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

I don't have any inclination to prove anything to you. If you have a specific issue that Kant or Wittgenstein wrote about that concerns you, I'm prepared to discuss it with you. Otherwise, I'm not interested.

-
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

This is what you "QRS" do constantly: you claim this authority of "Genius" while completely altering the definition of this word WITHOUT any factual backing or qualification what-so-ever.

e.g.

Completely dismissing Kant without proving you've read more than a handful of quotes.