sexual aggression

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Jamesh

Re: sexual aggression

Post by Jamesh »

I don't believe, however, that women are any less compromising than men in attacking lies and deceit.
True - they are not less compromising, they are more compromising!

(I know you meant the opposite, but you are wrong anyway, though in modern times the difference is quite small)
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Laird wrote:
David wrote:If all women decided to become perfectly rational and uncompromising in their attitude towards deceit and lies, would you still love them?
None of us is perfect. I know of no one who is perfectly uncompromising in their attitude to lies and deceit. I don't believe, however, that women are any less compromising than men in attacking lies and deceit. And I already do love women who take a stand for honesty and integrity.
Laird, you did not even slightly begin to answer the question.

That is an answer in itself.
Laird

Post by Laird »

Kevin, I'm sorry that you were unable to decipher my meaning. If you want a simple, straight answer to David's question, then it is this: yes, even more than I already do.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Map of Panama City

I know Panama fairly well, actually. Used to live on the corner of Calle 44 and Calle Venezuela, half a block from the synagog and facing Parque Urraca, in Bella Vista. That was before (*sound of calvary and the cheery voice of a Walmart greeter*) the Americans reconquered the place. One of my favorite places was a little community along the Panama Canal, Gamboa, and the world-famous 16 km trail through the rain forest. I used to walk that quite often...would rarely see a soul...except some university kids from the Smithsonian doing some research.

Now, I live in a place that the Americans will never conquer! It is simply not on their map...

;-)
Ni ange, ni bête
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

How neat, Alex. You lived about a block from my mom's. Lovely area.

I live about 1 km from there. I was about to tell you exactly where so you can find it in the map, but then I remembered that there are tons of predators on the internet.

I'm getting used to this area. You don't need to use your car very often; you can just about walk anywhere. The only thing I don't like is the noise. The war band practices for the independence day holiday parades were absolutely getting on my nerves. Good thing that is over.

You should visit now. The older areas like Calidonia and San Felipe are the same, but you wouldn't recognize the main arteries. You have got to see this project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7z6cK_q5b8. It brings tears to all Panamanian (and Zonian) eyes. You are warned.

I better head out now, before I get chided for spamming by the non-emotional admins.

-
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Conservation Efforts

Wow, that's a freaky vision! There are a great many interests that will probably make such a thing happen, all along that waterfront (including the folks who bought the building in which my apartment was located). I really preferred the way it all was, of course, and remember strolls along the causeway with the canal on one side and under a canopy of shade trees, and there was no one but myself and the sea-breezes! and I just couldn't believe it. El Amador, Gamboa, el Parque Metropolitano, and all the virgin rain forest on the way to Playa Veracruz. I used to go the the gym at Florida State University campus to work out, right under the Puente de las Americas, with the ships passing in and out, and then I'd walk all the way to the end of the Causeway and back again. Oh and the ferry out to Isla Taboga, I found a way to walk all the way over to the windward side of the island...funny thing about that island, it is overrun with tarantulas. They feed them to their chickens!
Ni ange, ni bête
xerox

Post by xerox »