Psychadelia

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Gurrb

Re: Psychadelia

Post by Gurrb »

harleystreet74 wrote:I have many work than going to a rabbit hole.

Harely Street Psychotherapist
broken english is bad, mkay.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

What do you see of death, then Alex?

Is it more than a shut off of memories?
To think or not to think.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

this discussion reminds me of what jim morrison lived by, to an extent. it's what he claimed to live by, but other inner-issues were also very prevalent in his extensive drug use and eventual death. i feel he went at it half-heartedly and liked the high more than the enlightenment. another obstacle to nothingness.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Gurrb wrote:This discussion reminds me of what Jim Morrison lived by, to an extent. It's what he claimed to live by, but other inner-issues were also very prevalent in his extensive drug use and eventual death. I feel he went at it half-heartedly and liked the high more than the enlightenment. Another obstacle to nothingness.
The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened. Proverbs 10:27

The most comprehensive list I've seen of rock musicians who've died prematurely is a "Christian" website located at: http://www.av1611.org/rockdead.html They catalogue the deaths of 321 musicians, breaking it down by name, date, band, and cause of death, in a manner that's genuinely chilling.
Don't run to your death
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

I really want to know why 321 rock musicians died, why, and on what date. Because they aren't people.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Tomas wrote:
Gurrb wrote:This discussion reminds me of what Jim Morrison lived by, to an extent. It's what he claimed to live by, but other inner-issues were also very prevalent in his extensive drug use and eventual death. I feel he went at it half-heartedly and liked the high more than the enlightenment. Another obstacle to nothingness.
The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened. Proverbs 10:27

The most comprehensive list I've seen of rock musicians who've died prematurely is a "Christian" website located at: http://www.av1611.org/rockdead.html They catalogue the deaths of 321 musicians, breaking it down by name, date, band, and cause of death, in a manner that's genuinely chilling.
You must realize this is circumstantial and not evidence of your particular God.

Let's put it this way; it could be evidence that if you don't pay attention to scientific evidence pertaining to your lifestyle you will not live as long. It would be like people who smoke cigarettes versus people who do not, or people who play chicken on the road versus people who do not. Rock Stars live notoriously dangerous lives. That alone accounts for the shorter life span, but additionally, and for future research, don't rely on the World Almanac for this kind of information. (Read: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/di ... tudy_N.htm)

Note that the increase in chance of death is attributable to the use of drugs and alcohol in 1/4 of all "Rock Star" deaths. Other causes such as "airplane accident" are attributable to the increased frequency with which "Rock Stars" travel. Whether or not they believe in God has nothing to do with it, it has everything to do with whether or not they heed the warnings associated with drug and alcohol consumption or if, in a mode of severe egotism, simply consume themselves to death. This is more or less evidence for the efficacy of a simple life. Now, if by God you mean "The totality of all that is", well then, that website makes perfect sense.
vend3r

Post by vend3r »

IJesusChrist wrote:Have you ever went into a rabbit hole?
I'm stuck in this fucking rabit hole people are talking about, yea it looks all cool and shit from a viewers perspective but once your in it yourself there is no going back, its just disappointment after disappointment. my life right now is way up in the air, and i think i may still have many drugs to do, but its all just a fucking illusion, the reason i do the drugs is to try and get some inspiration for my 3d works, which sometimes works other times it just drags me into a hole that i can not escape.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

vend3r, you're being ignorant. Extremely ignorant. Before I want to go into how to help you out of your rabbit hole - I've been there - you need to realize that you are creating your hole into a nightmare. You are the creator and the master of your life.

Acknowledge this and I will lend some insight. You have to want to get out. The rabbit hole is an addiction - even the pain and agony it can cause mentally IS the addiction.

I wanted to feel that dispair, I wanted to feel that disgust, that ill-fated intelligence and insight. You have to give it up.

In the meantime - smile. Your smile controls your emotions, not vice-versa.
vend3r

Post by vend3r »

IJesusChrist wrote:vend3r, you're being ignorant. Extremely ignorant. Before I want to go into how to help you out of your rabbit hole - I've been there - you need to realize that you are creating your hole into a nightmare. You are the creator and the master of your life.

Acknowledge this and I will lend some insight. You have to want to get out. The rabbit hole is an addiction - even the pain and agony it can cause mentally IS the addiction.

I wanted to feel that dispair, I wanted to feel that disgust, that ill-fated intelligence and insight. You have to give it up.

In the meantime - smile. Your smile controls your emotions, not vice-versa.

ok please help me, I dont have any where elese to go.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Gurrb wrote:

I dunno, I thought Broken English was good when he teamed up with Optimus Rhyme. E.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KdoxHN ... PL&index=1
Animus

Post by Animus »

Animus wrote:
Gurrb wrote:

I dunno, I thought Broken English was good when he teamed up with Optimus Rhyme. E.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KdoxHN ... PL&index=1
Actually, I'm really feeling the chorus to this song after reading through this thread.

"Man, I feel sick of these dudes, always walkin' 'round like you're in a bad mood, bringin' everybody down with your whack attitude, with a messed up style and a stressed out groove."
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

vend3r wrote:
I'm stuck in this fucking rabit hole people are talking about, yea it looks all cool and shit from a viewers perspective but once your in it yourself there is no going back, its just disappointment after disappointment. my life right now is way up in the air, and i think i may still have many drugs to do, but its all just a fucking illusion, the reason i do the drugs is to try and get some inspiration for my 3d works, which sometimes works other times it just drags me into a hole that i can not escape.
Well if your 3d work is coming at the price of your sanity, then maybe it's time to give up the 3d work.
vend3r

Post by vend3r »

Ataraxia wrote:
vend3r wrote:
Well if your 3d work is coming at the price of your sanity, then maybe it's time to give up the 3d work.
thats the only thing i can do now, never
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Vend3r wrote: "I'm stuck in this fucking rabit hole people are talking about, yea it looks all cool and shit from a viewers perspective but once your in it yourself there is no going back, its just disappointment after disappointment. my life right now is way up in the air, and i think i may still have many drugs to do, but its all just a fucking illusion, the reason i do the drugs is to try and get some inspiration for my 3d works, which sometimes works other times it just drags me into a hole that i can not escape."

Again, I apologize for speaking about you in the third person, but I see the condition you are in not as a personal state but as a general state. There are millions and millions of people who exist in this state: fragmented, lost, in grave danger, etc. Since you mentioned a few moderns who were also drinkers, it made me think of a poem by Dylan Thomas that really seems to go to the heart of acute dispair, seen in one sense as a logical outcome of modern presuppositions. Who was he writing about?

We have broached the subject of death, which is really and ultimately dispair, the possibility of 'everlasting life', the Christian message, the acute affirmation of Life, and we can contrast this all with the modern condition: that which reduces the individual into fragmented pieces, and has no advice to offer to help that individual recollect himself, that feeds off the ground up parts of a man. In modern society you can only become whole by joining the consumer market, and all the trained ghosts from out of a crackling teevee will come and smile upon you. Maybe you could 'buy your way to wholeness'.

Extremely intersting and thought-provoking. And it's happening here, on a forum dedicated to the Ultimate Project. Whose going to sew it all up?

Elegy

---Dylan Thomas

Too proud to die; broken and blind he died
The darkest way, and did not turn away,
A cold kind man brave in his narrow pride

On that darkest day, Oh, forever may
He lie lightly, at last, on the last, crossed
Hill, under the grass, in love, and there grow

Young among the long flocks, and never lie lost
Or still all the numberless days of his death, though
Above all he longed for his mother's breast

Which was rest and dust, and in the kind ground
The darkest justice of death, blind and unblessed.
Let him find no rest but be fathered and found,

I prayed in the crouching room, by his blind bed,
In the muted house, one minute before
Noon, and night, and light. the rivers of the dead

Veined his poor hand I held, and I saw
Through his unseeing eyes to the roots of the sea.
(An old tormented man three-quarters blind,

I am not too proud to cry that He and he
Will never never go out of my mind.
All his bones crying, and poor in all but pain,

Being innocent, he dreaded that he died
Hating his God, but what he was was plain:
An old kind man brave in his burning pride.

The sticks of the house were his; his books he owned.
Even as a baby he had never cried;
Nor did he now, save to his secret wound.

Out of his eyes I saw the last light glide.
Here among the light of the lording sky
An old man is with me where I go

Walking in the meadows of his son's eye
On whom a world of ills came down like snow.
He cried as he died, fearing at last the spheres'

Last sound, the world going out without a breath:
Too proud to cry, too frail to check the tears,
And caught between two nights, blindness and death.

O deepest wound of all that he should die
On that darkest day. oh, he could hide
The tears out of his eyes, too proud to cry.

Until I die he will not leave my side.)
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

IJesusChrist: Have you ever went into a rabbit hole?

Carmel:
yes, when I was much younger, and I learned much while I was there, about the illusory nature of "reality", "delusion" and perception, but as John Lennon said, once you've learned what you can from it, there's no point in continuing to do it.

"and if you go chasing rabbits and you know you're going to fall..."

Disclaimer: In good conscience, I have to say: to Vend3er or whomever: Don't do drugs as there is the risk of getting stuck in the rabbit hole...I fell into many years ago, when I was about 19. I was thinking 'too much', reading the French existentialists and experimenting with hallucinogens(LSD and shrooms) which ultimately landed me into some sort of existential abyss for a brief time. Eventually, I came out of it...still intact and wiser for the wear. Fortunately, I haven't been back since...
Last edited by Carmel on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Look Vend3er, you suggest you might have a whole range of mental disorders and addictions while you also relate about a youth where you behaved like a "hypochondriac" as some coping mechanism. It sounds like you're still doing the hypochondriac act, even now. You should learn to relax more naturally, probably by using medication at first and some professional help, or anyone stable around you who is willing to talk to you, to relate some other ways to cope - by talking, or even as Alex suggested: by enjoying life a bit through consumption, easy life..

What you should not do is dabble with psycho-active substances or psycho-active philosophy for some while. They only add to the already present strain and first one needs to build capacity to carry loads and stresses. Now it looks like you're using the dissociated state as an escape hatch with the art as excuse - or a meaning generator of some kind to provide temporary clutches. It won't hold this way.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

vend3r wrote:
Most confuse sympathy with compassion/love/agape. The addiction is created when we are children by and through a parent/sibling addiction to bonding.

The parent, in the hopes of 'helping' the child, breaks the emotional legs (and sometimes physical) to create an addictive bond of dependence. To recreate the child in their image. The parent attacks what is perceived as 'bad attitude' when it does not conform to the prescriptions of validating the self image of the parent.

When the emotional breaking of the leg occurs, the parent, feeling guilty, scoops the child up in loving embrace to console creating an addiction because it feels so good as compared to the punishment. It is why Romeo and Juliet is so compelling. It longs for oblivion to remain in a state of lost hopefullness to be adored. It creates thoughts like "they will miss me when I am gone."

This dynamic creates resentment and resentment is the cause of the deep angst. Whenever you resent you create a feeling of self loathing because you feel guilty about the resentment and thereby resent yourself for feeling that way. What a cycle of deplorable self hate.

The way to the way is the innocence that was stole from you. It begins with forgiveness and ends in gratitude. Forgive yourself for resenting whomever stole your innocence. Forgive whoever stole your innocence for what they did and you will begin to experience a liberation and freedom.

It does not matter if the person you are forgiving is worthy of it or not - it is about me being ok with me. It is interesting in that when you forgive you experience a liberating feeling of deep compassion. It is illumination in small doses. Wish the person good will in a meaningful way and you will find you begin to respect yourself as you can overcome any internal demon by the infinite weapon of forgiveness.

Resentment binds us to despair - forgiveness liberates for full human actualization and as a gift, total self respect as you begin to experience a state of "love thy neighbor as thyself." You cannot forgive everything at once. Everyday start with one thing to forgive and one thing about yourself to forgive until you have cleared away all blockages to wholeness.

Eventually you will have forgiven the whole world and last on the list - forgive God and you are free.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

Vend3r, please PM me as I can see where this is going.

I want to share an experience on another forum I had.

A man came to the forum, telling the veterans that he had taken DMT ( a strong(est) hallucinogen) and he had been talking to mechanical elves. Actually it was electronic jews. I knew what he had been experiencing, and so did eveyrone else. The forum grew to over 15 pages in length, and more than enough advice, care, and sharing had been put into helping that man through his experience than I had ever experienced.

But he had refused anything besides the thought that he was crazy.

I told him I empathized with him; he refused - he told me nobody had experienced what he had.

I told him its only real if you allow it to be - he denied this realization.

I told him in time you will recover, if you stay smart, and have a will to change, and cope; he said he wouldn't recover, and that the elves were never going to go away.

I realized I couldn't get through to him, and started giving him sarcastic responses.

It was a mistake. If I could I would go back, and do anything I could to change his mind and help him. I decided his story was too sad to repeat, for he commited suicide after a long time without responding to posts.

Vend3r, I want you to believe that I understand what you are seeing, the feelings you are experiencing, and the intensity with which you are living through right now. I want you to know that I want to help you and see you through this ordeal, I want you to grow from this experience - because you can.

You have to realize that this experience is permit to change who you are. To change what you don't like, that god-awful gut-wrenching feeling. I've never experienced yours, but I've experienced mine, and it is beyond unpleasent. It's the most outwardly dismanteling obliterating feeling there is. It's emptiness and lonliness and dispair. But you know why you feel that? It's the push to change, it's the intial momentum to grow.

Please, believe me. Stay smart, learn from your experiences, and master your mind.
steviedisco

Post by steviedisco »

If you meditate enough (Modern technology enables us westerners to achieve deep states through binaural beats and the like), develop a precise enough intellect to challenge your negative thoughts, concentrate only on positive ones, you can tease your pineal gland to produce DMT, the most powerful hallucinogen IIRC and you can go about your day tripping your balls off while working and doing the laundry.

Happy days.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

There still isn't direct evidence that the pineal gland even produces DMT yet, it's become somewhat of a fact, but it's still not proven.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

The pineal gland is an interesting device; in the same shape as a pine cone; teaching that for year after year survival it is a good one.