What is the Nature of Reality?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kunga

Re: What is the Nature of Reality?

Post by Kunga »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Kunga wrote:i thought abstract reasoning was a valid component of Genius mentality....
Please explain what abstract reasoning is--Thankyou

i googled this :

Abstract reasoning is the ability to analyze information and solve problems on a complex, thought based level
Abstract reasoning tasks involve skills such as :

-forming theories about the nature of objects, ideas, processes, and problem solving.
-understanding subjects on a complex level through analysis and evaluation
-ability to apply knowledge in problem-solving using theory, metaphor or complex analogy and understnading between
verbal and non-verbal ideas.

in my own words....you have the ability to percieve complex situations with limited knowledge/facts and find solutions using creativity and intuition.

and so....(not to start any more discussions on the subject of extraterrestials ) i would think that from what is out there on the subject...a Genius would have an edge on abstract reasoning abilites as to figure things out on their own instead of relying on facts and data already conjectured....

Abstract Reasoning is like relying on your own innate gifts of reasoning...not from logical deductions that rely on established facts.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Can a person have the ability for both logical and abstract thinking or reasoning?

This may be getting off the topic of the Nature of Reality, but it brings me to asking anyone the question is 'thinking' a reality? Is it reality, it seems like 'thinking' is a seeing thought. If we perceive the thought we see it, the thought is acknowledged from our brain, then, perhaps, transferred from the brain to consciousness. The brain views and displays the thought, we see it, so it must be a reality of sorts.

Intuitive thought brings me answers, but I want to know truth which is proven, so I can challenge it, because real truth never changes.

When it is thought that I am limited, it is not so much that I am limited in thought, but that I am lacking in knowledge, not limited in knowledge, therefore I am ignorant.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

mensa-maniac wrote:Can a person have the ability for both logical and abstract thinking or reasoning?

This may be getting off the topic of the Nature of Reality, but it brings me to asking anyone the question is 'thinking' a reality? Is it reality, it seems like 'thinking' is a seeing thought. If we perceive the thought we see it, the thought is acknowledged from our brain, then, perhaps, transferred from the brain to consciousness. The brain views and displays the thought, we see it, so it must be a reality of sorts.

Intuitive thought brings me answers, but I want to know truth which is proven, so I can challenge it, because real truth never changes.

When it is thought that I am limited, it is not so much that I am limited in thought, but that I am lacking in knowledge, not limited in knowledge, therefore I am ignorant.
I think that logical, and abstract fall into the same category. There is more difference between Abstract, and mathematical. One brain only has so much room, so not many people can be genius at two completely different things.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Dan Rowden wrote:If you were stating those things wisely, I'd agree, but the way you're doing it lately makes you look like a typical Xian dolt. Your recent rhetoric is somewhat confusing.
A Xian Dolt eh, and that's not an insult?

I liked your youtube series on American neurosis, Dan, I agree and it was spot on. So calling me a dolt is pretty ironic.

Thinking holistically is the only answer.
bruhaha2

Post by bruhaha2 »

mensa-maniac wrote:
Demonstrate a truth that never changes.