Deconstructing the Feminine

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Matt Gregory

"It's all pink on the inside"

Post by Matt Gregory »

I think women's love of the color pink stems from their deeply rooted desire to turn everything into a vagina that engulfs men.

Only pussywhipped men wear pink.
Nick

Post by Nick »

My friend just bought a pink shirt and was wearing it the other day, he says it's "salmon" though. Although he's not in a relationship with any particular woman, he is for sure pussy whipped by Woman. He got more shit for wearing that shirt, even some females thought it was superfluous, although I'm sure there were some that fancied it.

I asked him whats next; high heels? Still waiting for his response.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Nick Treklis wrote:He got more shit for wearing that shirt, even some females thought it was superfluous
Pink is a color. Why is it that a guy gets picked on for wearing pink, but a female can wear any color?

There are psychological effects to color, which is why in the late 70's early 80''s all the streetlamps were changed so that the light at night would be pink - to reduce crime. Fast food restaurants have bringht colors in them because it encourages people to do things faster - including eat faster which saves the companies money by getting people to not linger and take up valuable table space. My home office used to be brown and I never had any energy in this room (I even had a hard time staying in here), so I painted it white and put bright colored accents in here and now I spend most of my time in this room and get more done in here. But all of that is the color of the environment.

What difference to the individual does the color of a person's clothes make? If one wants others to respond a certain way to the individual, one might wear particular colors or clothing styles to achieve that goal, but mostly clothing should be chosen for the appropriateness of the activity, and the color - if none is particularly advantageous for an activity - should just be a matter of availability.

So what if the guy's shirt was pink? Why should anyone care?
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Because wearing a pussy-colored shirt makes you look like a big pussy. Even the word "pink" is suggestive of this fact. The "p" stands for pussy, and "ink" is another word for "color".
Philosophaster

Post by Philosophaster »

So, you a fan of numerology, Matt? ;-)

I think that guys wear pink shirts to "stand out" from the crowd of guys who would never wear pink shirts, so that when people see them they might think, "Whoa, there's a pink shirt! And it's on a guy instead of a girl!" It's pretty dumb, but no more so than wearing black all the time or wearing your hat backwards or any of the other fashions that have popped up over the years.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:So what if the guy's shirt was pink? Why should anyone care?
Oh come on! The only reason anyone would wear the color pink is to look cute, it's so obvious. Usually women are the ones who want to look the cutest, but sometimes men rival them in their attempts to achieve Ultimate Cuteness. So I think if you ask most people if it's more socially acceptable for men or women to look cute, the over-whelming response will choose women. For most people it starts to blend the sexual roles of men and women beyond what they are comfortable with.

Also, of the men and women who aren't partial to pink, I think women despise it the most because they feel like their status as the "cutest sex" is being threatened.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Nick Treklis wrote:My friend just bought a pink shirt and was wearing it the other day, he says it's "salmon" though.
Yeah, and I bet he forgot to mention the fact that pussy "smells like fish, tastes like chicken" too. No matter how you spin it, pink is inextricably tied to pussy. There's no way around it.
Pye

Post by Pye »

Matt Gregory writes:
I think women's love of the color pink stems from their deeply rooted desire to turn everything into a vagina that engulfs men.

Only pussywhipped men wear pink.
and
Because wearing a pussy-colored shirt makes you look like a big pussy. Even the word "pink" is suggestive of this fact. The "p" stands for pussy, and "ink" is another word for "color".
Without fail, this has got to be the paradigm of trivial descent to which misogynous disgust takes one. Ye who are so apt at cultural analysis overall cannot make out that there is no other reason for the association of pink with girls - and woebetided your ass if you think you have "genetic" support for this.

What is the colour of a penis? What is the colour of your asshole? Why fret over a "pussy engulfing" the world? It's been tyrannized by the penis-need for centuries; you are tyrannized by it here.

Matt, most candidly, my heart goes out to you for your medieval superstitious reasoning and your torturous psychological landscape. Your reaction to pink sounds as insipid as any other thoughtless cultural association of meaning. You poor fuck, having your reasoning hijacked by a colour. You are already engulfed.

What an unfortunate day to stop by . . . .

Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Philosophaster wrote:So, you a fan of numerology, Matt? ;-)
No, I don't think analyzing the origins of words is unreasonable, and I just so happen to think - to know - that the word "pink" was invented by someone who needed to describe a pussy.
I think that guys wear pink shirts to "stand out" from the crowd of guys who would never wear pink shirts, so that when people see them they might think, "Whoa, there's a pink shirt! And it's on a guy instead of a girl!"
But that leads to the question as to why huge numbers of men never wear pink clothes, and I think there's a deep psychological reason for it.
It's pretty dumb, but no more so than wearing black all the time or wearing your hat backwards or any of the other fashions that have popped up over the years.
It's arguably smarter because the effect of being seen as a big pussy is so predictable, whereas those other things are kind of a toss up.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Pye wrote:Without fail, this has got to be the paradigm of trivial descent to which misogynous disgust takes one. Ye who are so apt at cultural analysis overall cannot make out that there is no other reason for the association of pink with girls - and woebetided your ass if you think you have "genetic" support for this.
Well, they're working on it; it's only a matter of time!
What is the colour of a penis? What is the colour of your asshole?
But does a man wearing a pink shirt look like a dick? Does he look like an asshole? No! He looks like a big pussy.
Why fret over a "pussy engulfing" the world? It's been tyrannized by the penis-need for centuries; you are tyrannized by it here.
Hey, I'm just presenting the evidence. If you're tyrannized by that, then you're probably just not in touch with the spirit of science.
Matt, most candidly, my heart goes out to you for your medieval superstitious reasoning and your torturous psychological landscape. Your reaction to pink sounds as insipid as any other thoughtless cultural association of meaning. You poor fuck, having your reasoning hijacked by a colour. You are already engulfed.
Well, do you have anything intelligent to say about the oddity of the pink phenomenon? Or are you just here to try and prevent us from thinking about it?
Pye

Post by Pye »

Matt writes:
Well, do you have anything intelligent to say about the oddity of the pink phenomenon? Or are you just here to try and prevent us from thinking about it?
It was the colour selected by the breast cancer awareness program people. Like Lance Armstrong and his yellow wrist bands. If you'd look at it (on all the products that are deliberately sporting it these days) instead of turning away, you could have seen that, too. If you want to get upset, why not get upset at the power & ubiquity of advertising campaigns, or the content of that for which they campaign. Or perhaps take after symbolic thinking altogether.

Symbolic association is not high on the list of reasoning processes. That's what early hominids did; that's how the world became comprehensible to them, however superstitious or accurate. And perhaps this is how, still, people live and die over the meaning invested in material items, signs, and symbols. Such a mindset rages over a burnt flag or a crucifix immersed in urine.

Or men wearing pink.

Philosophaster

Post by Philosophaster »

Matt Gregory wrote:
No, I don't think analyzing the origins of words is unreasonable, and I just so happen to think - to know - that the word "pink" was invented by someone who needed to describe a pussy.
How is it that you know this?
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

I think Pye just realized she looks like a big pussy in that pink shirt she's wearing.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Oh sorry, I was a couple of posts late on that one. Timing is everything.
Pye wrote:.

Matt writes:
It was the colour selected by the breast cancer awareness program people. Like Lance Armstrong and his yellow wrist bands. If you'd look at it (on all the products that are deliberately sporting it these days) instead of turning away, you could have seen that, too. If you want to get upset, why not get upset at the power & ubiquity of advertising campaigns, or the content of that for which they campaign. Or perhaps take after symbolic thinking altogether.
I'm not upset, I think it's frickin' hilarious actually.
Symbolic association is not high on the list of reasoning processes.
It's not a very advanced thought process, no, but I think it's still very common.
That's what early hominids did; that's how the world became comprehensible to them, however superstitious or accurate. And perhaps this is how, still, people live and die over the meaning invested in material items, signs, and symbols. Such a mindset rages over a burnt flag or a crucifix immersed in urine.

Or men wearing pink.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Philosophaster wrote:
Matt Gregory wrote:
How is it that you know this?
There just aren't very many pink things in nature, and when you're down there, you know, it can be a pretty powerful experience...you know? Who wouldn't want to talk about it, at least the first time?
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Actually, I was just joking about the whole thing, but I do think there's something sexual about men's fear of pink.
AlyOshA

Post by AlyOshA »

You know, sometimes I can't help but indulge in guilty pleasures; one of those being feminine deconstruction threads on the genius forum. It could be because I find so much accordance with the other subjects discussed here, it could be that the most lovable ignorance is displayed on these threads, or it could just be masochism on my end, but whatever the case, I can't help but indulge. Just as Matt has confessed being a sensationalist and not really believing what he says -- I am wondering how many others follow his suit (and I am particularly curious about Elizabeth considering that she is a woman)? I can't tell you if I consider myself a "masculine" guy. By hokey stereotypical and societal norms I am far from it (but most of you consider societal "masculine" norms to be “feminine” in actuality). By isolating "masculine" to just mean pro-active and aggressive, I have many of these traits. I love to compete mentally and physically and I even enjoy violence when it is controlled and refined ie kung fu and boxing. But everything about my demeanor is feminine: yielding, passive, motherly, with overt cleanliness. But possibly my favorite thing to do is out-masculine overtly masculine types -- like the fictional persona of Matt Gregory on the deconstructing feminine thread. What do you say Matt -- wannna fight?

I guess the true definition of "masculine" has nothing to do with "consciousness" or "single-mindedness" it really just refers to those that love pissing contests.
lost child
AlyOshA

Post by AlyOshA »

After all isn't evolution just one big pissing contest?
lost child
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

I had assumed that the feminine association with pink was to do with flowers. Flowers are decorative. They present an alluring appearance and passively wait for the insect to be attracted to it - which is very similar to how female humans operate with respect to males.

A guy wearing pink thus looks strange because he seems to be playing a feminine, passive role - e.g. trying to look alluring and cute.

-
Nick

Post by Nick »

David Quinn wrote:A guy wearing pink thus looks strange because he seems to be playing a feminine, passive role - e.g. trying to look alluring and cute.

-
My friend who was wearing the "salmon shirt" spends a lot of time trying to look alluring and cute. He can take hours to shower, style his hair, and pick out what to wear. He is the most feminine male I know in this aspect. It amazes me how he has no shame about it.

I do consider him to be the most intelligent friend I have though. I think this mostly because he has a deap-seated fear of Truth. Most other friends of mine will dabble in philosophical conversations with me, but they aren't intelligent enough to see how what is being discussed applies to them. My salmon-shirted-friend runs away from Truth immediately for fear of having what he cherishes most, exposed.

It's as if he delves so far into the materialist and superficial life-style with the sole purpose of escaping reality all together. He wont take any actions that might cause him to face Truth. I think a big reason he does this is because his parents are very wealthy and spared no expense providing him with all of life's most tantalizing distractions as he grew up.

I'm reminded of the quote, I can't remember who it was by... "Sometimes in our greatest fear, lies our greatest strength".
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Hades wrote:
Its futile and trivial, like writing an article on how to deconstruct your favorite food....who the fuck cares? Sure you can pretend to not like the food and come up with bullshit reasons as to why you don't want to eat it...Oh its gross when it expires...Oh its not very nutritious...but in reality you still desire that food, just like you desire woman.
If you were reliably informed that your favourite food was full of carcinogens and that eating it will probably give you terminal cancer in the not-too-distant future, then the chances are you would be turned right off it.

Ideas and truths can impact on the mind and undermine desire.

-
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

AlyOshA wrote:Just as Matt has confessed being a sensationalist and not really believing what he says -- I am wondering how many others follow his suit (and I am particularly curious about Elizabeth considering that she is a woman)?
I'm guessing this is what you were referring to:
Matt wrote:Actually, I was just joking about the whole thing, but I do think there's something sexual about men's fear of pink.
That's guy talk for "I was wrong about the pink issue, but there's no way I'm admitting it." Guys in general are not particularly honest.

I represent myself accurately. Perhaps too accuratly for the tastes of some people here, but I have a preference for truth and openness.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

I've heard that in Victorian times in America it was the style to paint a baby boy's room pink and the girl's room blue. Now of course it is the opposite. The reasoning then was that pink is a more active color, and blue more subdued, making them appropriate for the intended gender.

As for shirts, I wear a pink dress shirt occasionally to work. So do several other men there, interestingly the more masculine ones. And when we do, we enjoy encouraging each other with, "ah, representing the pink today." Has nothing to do with pussy (In fact, the women at work rarely wear pink, even the most feminine of them.) I just happen to look good in it. Of course it is not a baby soft girly pink.

We "represent the" purple, too, also not usually a guy color.
Good Citizen Carl
Blair

Post by Blair »

Pink is, by default, the color of human sexuality. It could just as well be another color, but it isn't.

Idiots like Pye can easily be dismissed as intellect detritis.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I recall reading something in Tim Low's book on Australian Bush Foods, that he was confused about a botanical description of some berry (or flower) as being "red". He thought, "No, it's pink." Then he realised that in the author's time, pink meant a type of dianthus, and hadn't come into usage as a colour.

So David's interpretation might be perhaps correct.

Although, pink was also a verb, meaning to pierce, and related to soldier's rapiers. But again, this is just more proof that pink has sexual overtones.