For Kelly Jones

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kelly Jones

Re: For Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I think it's sad that I am deeply surprised at the existence of people like Robert, bluerap, Jupta, etc.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Let me let you in on a little secret Kelly..nobodies perfect. Not even you.

And since you aren't perfect (although you will probably argue otherwise), you can't cast the first stone.

I suggest you get over yourself. You aren't all that. Even your intelligence is questionable.

How do you like it Kelly Jones? Like being judged?
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

cousinbasil wrote:Besides, there is a bigger picture here. Kelly demanded I retract a criticism of Weininger I made because I had not perused his "opus" in its entirety before making the criticism. Yet I suggested if she were to retract her claims about prince/Blair's being mentally ill, this thread would sink into oblivion. So far she has not done that. And remember, she is basing her "diagnosis" about a person she has never met, could not visually identify, and whose name she has only just learned on the basis of his scanty forum posts. He is a living person and she won't retract her comments, at the same time demands I retract what I said about someone who has been dead for a century.
Why don't you consider the responses I give you, instead of rehashing this overworked complaint to death?

I said before, at least twice, that Blair has admitted to having had childhood traumas, that still affected him deeply when he posted them. He was quite aggro about it, as if his psychological wounds were war badges, or excuses for being nasty. I got the impression that he felt himself very badly done by, and that at least I couldn't possibly understand the impact of such experiences. Doesn't that sound to you like a mental illness, e.g. PTSD?

And the other explanation I gave you, again several times, was that I regard most people as mentally ill, on a metaphysical basis. This could also be applied in another way to Blair's nastiness: if its not caused by PTSD, but he's always been nasty like that, then he's psychologically sick anyway. Perhaps, as you say - it's simply ordinary, totally normal, teenagerish vitriol.

So, if he's not mentally ill on a conventional basis, he still appears mentally ill to me.

guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Wow. Just wow. Kelly, get it together. Learning what logic actually is rather than your bizarre ideas of what you would like it to be would be a great start, as would refraining from placing yourself on a martyr's pedestal whilst patronising in any way that you can (particularly harping on their supposed "mentally illnesses") others who do not see "Truth" the way you see it. You're a sweet enough person when you want to be, and you're more than capable of contributing positively to the world, but you're far from God's gift to philosophy.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Present a refutation, Laird. What you've presented is "your articulation of logic is wrong, and you should learn what is right". Go on, then.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I suggest you all just get back to actual issues. I grow weary of this melodrama. And you know what happens when I grow weary. No, I don't fall asleep, I do stuff.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Also, the appeal to authority is a fallacy because a personal pronoun is not a philosophical proof. One has to indicate one's own understanding.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Actually, this entire thread has been a silly melodrama. I close the curtain in the best interests of all concerned.