Schizoid: The enlightened personality disorder

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Joe-Draper

Re: Schizoid: The enlightened personality disorder

Post by Joe-Draper »

Upon reading the facts about Schizoid, and I thank you for sharing this insight,
as it gives to me a greater understanding of myself exactly!

It was like reading a mirrored image of myself.

One only needs to come to this forum to get an education, and I must admit
I've recommended this place to top-notch people who've thanked me for leading
them here.

Joe
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Cognition wrote:
1otherS wrote: -There are no techniques to eliminate unwanted feelings. Just accept them passing through your mind and body+move on.
You don't understand these feelings in the same sense as a schizoid does. Unwanted feelings surface during ordinary moments of social interaction. Yesterday I was getting a hair cut and the woman cutting my hair wouldn't stop talking to me about stores that were around 20 years ago and how she used to eat at Denny's as part of some work-education project she had. Everything she talked about led into something else loosely related to what she was just talking about, and it became obvious she was just trying to talk. This made me feel very anxious and annoyed. You can't just accept them and let them pass through because the feelings are too intense to ignore.
-I used to score 100% introversion on detailed Myers-Briggs tests. This could be a sign of schizoid behaviour.
-You are reluctant to act comfortably around people with opposite mindsets? If a chatting person close to you, unnerves you...you need to find a way to desensitise yourself.

Suitable exercises would be:
-Stroll through the city for 30 minutes with someone you trust.
-Visit a clothing store and have a quick chat with whomever you happen to meet there.
-Go to a concert
Cognition

Post by Cognition »

1otherS wrote: -I used to score 100% introversion on detailed Myers-Briggs tests. This could be a sign of schizoid behaviour.
-You are reluctant to act comfortably around people with opposite mindsets? If a chatting person close to you, unnerves you...you need to find a way to desensitise yourself.
It seems to me like you're just trying to find something to argue about. Introversion is obviously not schizoid, though schizoids are always introverted. I am reluctant to listen to what I find to be idiotic. I don't need to desensitize myself because I don't need to agree with everyone. That is where the obstacle seems to be for you. You keep thinking from your point of view that something is wrong with me for thinking this way. I can't help the way I think or feel, it comes naturally to me. I respect that people have different ways of thinking, but that doesn't mean I want to tolerate it. The best I can do is fake it, and that's what I end up having to do a lot. I am a fake person for 8 hours of work any day. It creates an immense amount of stress in my life.
1otherS wrote: Suitable exercises would be:
-Visit a clothing store and have a quick chat with whomever you happen to meet there.
-Go to a concert
Come on man...firstly I'm not socially inept. I know how to interact and make and keep friends. The fact is that I don't want to make or keep friends, unless they interest me which is pretty rare. I would never chat with some person I meet at the clothing store, and if I did I would be someone else the entire time. I don't care about people enough to do that. A concert would be an absolutely terrible place for a schizoid...all that noise and all the emotions. No thanks.
1otherS

Post by 1otherS »

Cognition wrote:
1otherS wrote: -I used to score 100% introversion on detailed Myers-Briggs tests. This could be a sign of schizoid behaviour.
It seems to me like you're just trying to find something to argue about. Introversion is obviously not schizoid, though schizoids are always introverted. I am reluctant to listen to what I find to be idiotic. I don't need to desensitize myself because I don't need to agree with everyone. That is where the obstacle seems to be for you. You keep thinking from your point of view that something is wrong with me for thinking this way. I can't help the way I think or feel, it comes naturally to me. I respect that people have different ways of thinking, but that doesn't mean I want to tolerate it. The best I can do is fake it, and that's what I end up having to do a lot. I am a fake person for 8 hours of work any day. It creates an immense amount of stress in my life.
1otherS wrote: Suitable exercises would be:
-Go to a concert
Come on man...firstly I'm not socially inept. I know how to interact and make and keep friends. The fact is that I don't want to make or keep friends, unless they interest me which is pretty rare. I would never chat with some person I meet at the clothing store, and if I did I would be someone else the entire time. I don't care about people enough to do that. A concert would be an absolutely terrible place for a schizoid...all that noise and all the emotions. No thanks.
I apologise for pulling a strawman. Keep social contact to a minimum then if that is what you truly want in life but if you don't...you're just digging a hole.