How does one become smart?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Renaissance

Re: How does one become smart?

Post by Renaissance »

Dan Rowden wrote:Sure, but only if you agree with me.
And not if you agree with ME, right?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I would only agree with you if you were right.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Dan Rowden wrote:I would only agree with you if you were right.
Do you agree with this:

I feel that Christians who condemn the teachings of the Buddha without even reading them are brainwashed, peon idiots. Do you agree?
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

brokenhead wrote:Hey Renaissance - Just what about my post do you disagree with? Do you think Rhonda is some kind of intellectual giant? The Secret is a fucking coffee-table book, or it would be if it were bigger.

Don't wait for me to disagree with what is in it - because there is nothing in it to disagree with. It's not philosophy, it's not religion, it's not science, it's not history, it's not literature... Think positive. There. Let's see, we still have a lot of pages to fill. We'll throw in some big red pictures of the wax seal letter S, make the pages look like parchment, make the people feel like they're getting something for their $24.

A whole bunch of people got together and said if Seinfeld can make a fortune on a sitcom about nothing, we can combine our marketing and publishing skills and make a bestseller out of nothing. We don't have to create anything, we just have to package it.

There is not one original thought in it, and barely any thought at all.

No offense, Renaissance, but I am a bibliophile. I'll haunt libraries and bookstores both old and new. And this book is a teaspoon of crap wrapped up with a little bow. Not even a huge load of crap do you get for your $24. It manages to make the other New Age books look important.

There's nothing in it with which to argue or agree. It's a Hallmark card on steroids. It has the wisdom of all those cute little magnets my mother festooned the refrigerator with: "Save time for sunshine, rainbows, and dreams..."

And of course the secret is true. Like Monty Python's lesson on how to play the clarinet: "You blow in one end and run your fingers up and down the outside."

It just didn't do anything for me. Ya know?
You are such a friggin dumbass of a moron you don't even realize that "Rhonda" doesn't say anything in The Secret after the introduction on the DVD. She brought together people who have been successful using the Law of Attraction and allows them to do all the teaching. You, in your block-head ignorance, don't even know what you are talking about. You condemn The Secret in the same vein as the idiot, moronic Christians who condemn the teachings of the Buddha without even reading them!

Oh yes, I just really insulted you aliright, you idiot jerk!

You people may think I am being rather brutal, but these idiots who condemn things when they don't have a bleeding clue what they are talking about are the doom of the human race!
Renaissance

Re: (((How does one become smart Regarding The Secret?)))

Post by Renaissance »

Renaissance wrote:
brokenhead wrote:
Renaissance wrote:I'm curious, do you feel that all who believe The Secret has value are delusional?
I for one feel that anyone who thinks The Secret is anything more than a slickly packaged little money-making scheme is delusional. Buying her book won't make you rich - it'll make her even more rich than she already is. If all the existing literature on achieving wisdom, true knowledge, and success were a banquet, The Secret is a bag of M&M's. The idea of learning something fundamental from a bleached blonde named Rhonda reminds me of my teenage years...
Thus sprak...brokenhead!

His registered name suits him well.

Oh boy folks, this is gonna be fun! Watch how I take this guy apart. It's going to be so easy. Here we go:

Okay crackhead, do tell everyone here what exactly it is you don't agree with about the philosophy contained in The Secret

List the three main things you don't agree with regarding The Secret.

Watch folks, this is gonna be fun. Crackhead here is about to come apart by the cracks.

I ask the rest of you not to respond to this. Let crackhead stand up for himself without any outside help. I don't want ANY OF YOU to help either me or him with this.

Thanks

This is gonna be fun!

Watch and see!

I'm practically jumping up and down with delight!

It's a sure thing, folks!

Come and get it, crackhead!

YOU CAN'T LIST THE THREE THINGS YOU DISAGREE WITH ABOUT THE SECRET BECAUSE YOU ARE A MORON OF AN IDIOT!
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Okay Blockhead, I'll make it easier for you. Here is a summary of The Secret. List the three main things you disagree with and why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDfhLDmeMok
Renaissance

Re: (((How does one become smart ABOUT THE SECRET?)))

Post by Renaissance »

Renaissance wrote:The three main things I like about The Secret are:

1) The Secret shares important truths, that have been around for thousands of years, in a really amazingly cool and easy to follow format.

2) The Secret makes it clear that the thoughts we think, especially with passion, tend to manifest things into our daily experience whether we consciously realize it or not. So the more you complain the more you will manifest things to complain about. The converse is also true in that the more we think about manifesting a more wonderful and happy life the more the circumstances of our personal universe rearrange themselves to conform to the nature of our consistently held passion-filled thoughts

3) The Secret’s ‘Jack Canfield’ truly inspires by showing how The Secret played THE MOST important role in the success of his ‘Chicken Soup For The Soul’ book series (and there are MANY of those books in the series). It’s easy to believe him for his success is very easy to validate. I never even knew of most of the other people who share wisdom in The Secret before I purchased and watched the DVD over and over and over and over and over and over…etc
It's quite obvious to anyone with a brain that if block-head disagreed with what I shared in this post he would have openly said so. Instead he's acting as though I didn't write this at all.

Again I say that these idiot morons who condemn things when they don't have a friggin clue what they are talking about are the doom of humanity. They are the ones who make the radical Islamic Muslims killing angry!

Christianity has demonized every other religion on Earth and gotten away with it, but when they demonized Islam the courageous Muslims REFUSED TO LET CHRISTIANITY GET AWAY WITH IT! Now they have declared Jihad against the Christians and those self-righteous, coward Christians truly deserve to have Jihad declared against them!

They voted in the Bush administration (((TWICE))) and deserve to be held fully responsible for the hell the Bush administration has put this country through!
Last edited by Renaissance on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DHodges

Re: How does one become less of a cunt?

Post by DHodges »

Renaissance wrote:You will note how DHodges completely ignored my comment. He can't answer it witnout condemning himself. It's 'checkmate' DHodges and...you lost
It's not about who's better or worse. It's not about showing up someone else on the internet. It's not about looking smart.

It's not about building yourself up by knocking others down. It's not about "winning" and "losing."

It's about wisdom. Wisdom is not being clever. Wisdom is understanding. Wisdom is knowing where to apply your knowledge and smarts, knowing what is worthwhile and what isn't.
Renaissance

Re: How does one become less of a cunt?

Post by Renaissance »

Renaissance wrote:
DHodges wrote:
Renaissance wrote:I'm practically pissing my pants with delight!
You are a cunt.
If I responded with an equally ignoble comment would that make me

A) Better than you

B) Equal to you

or

C) Worse than you

Be honest now...if you can

PS I wasn't actually almost pissing my pants.

You gotta tell some people these things

(sheesh!)

Pull you semantic tricks on someone dumber. You don't have the guts to directly respond to this. Plain and simple. All your fancy talk will not justify your cowardice. Fact of the matter is that by my response to what you wrote I proved myself to be 'the better man'
Last edited by Renaissance on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

You people try to pull your slick tricks on me, but I'm slicker than you are! I have infinity to go, but I am now stronger, wiser, more intelligent and slicker than I have ever been in my entire life and that's something worth celebrating whether you people agree or not.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Renaissance wrote:Stop dancing around the issue, blockhead. We both know you are condemning The Secret without having even seen it, moron! You couldn't name the three main things you don't agree with about The Secret to save that pitifully shriveled teeny limp excuse you call a penis, you broken-block-head.
Clearly the book has made you enlightened and mature. You seem to be attacking me personally for simply disagreeing with you.

You are condemning my penis without having even seen it.

FYI, Einstein, I do have a copy of The Secret because it was given to me by a friend. No, I have not seen Rhonda's companion DVD. Tell me - will it give me douche-chills like the book?

I bet you have all of Richard Simmons' DVDs, too. Do you watch them over and over and over...?
Mind = The Ultimate Frontier
Evidently unexplored by you.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Renaissance wrote:It's quite obvious to anyone with a brain that if block-head disagreed with what I shared in this post he would have openly said so. Instead he's acting as though I didn't write this at all.
I am openly saying you are nuttier than a fucking fruitcake.
Jason

Post by Jason »

"Smart" is "trams" spelt backwards.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Jason wrote:"Smart" is "trams" spelt backwards.
It's so true.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

brokenhead wrote:
Renaissance wrote:Stop dancing around the issue, blockhead. We both know you are condemning The Secret without having even seen it, moron! You couldn't name the three main things you don't agree with about The Secret to save that pitifully shriveled teeny limp excuse you call a penis, you broken-block-head.
Clearly the book has made you enlightened and mature. You seem to be attacking me personally for simply disagreeing with you.

You are condemning my penis without having even seen it.

FYI, Einstein, I do have a copy of The Secret because it was given to me by a friend. No, I have not seen Rhonda's companion DVD. Tell me - will it give me douche-chills like the book?

I bet you have all of Richard Simmons' DVDs, too. Do you watch them over and over and over...?
Mind = The Ultimate Frontier
Evidently unexplored by you.
IT'S NOT A COMPANION DVD, YOU IDIOT! THE DVD CAME FIRST. IF ANYTHING, THE (((BOOK))) IS THE COMPANION, YOU CLUELESS JERK!

EITHER LIST THE THREE-THINGS YOU DISAGREE WITH REGARDING THE SECRET OR HIT THE ROAD ON THIS ISSUE. I REFUSE TO PLAY YOUR JACKASS GAMES ANYMORE, BLOCKHEAD!
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

brokenhead wrote:
Renaissance wrote:It's quite obvious to anyone with a brain that if block-head disagreed with what I shared in this post he would have openly said so. Instead he's acting as though I didn't write this at all.
I am openly saying you are nuttier than a fucking fruitcake.
Coming from someone who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about that doesn't say much.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Renaissance wrote:IT'S NOT A COMPANION DVD, YOU IDIOT! THE DVD CAME FIRST. IF ANYTHING, THE (((BOOK))) IS THE COMPANION, YOU CLUELESS JERK!
No need to shout.

It's not particularly significant which came first, since they are both equally worthless. It's like seeing two dog turds side by side and spending time trying to decide which turd came first and which turd is the companion.
EITHER LIST THE THREE-THINGS YOU DISAGREE WITH REGARDING THE SECRET OR HIT THE ROAD ON THIS ISSUE. I REFUSE TO PLAY YOUR JACKASS GAMES ANYMORE, BLOCKHEAD!
I don't see why I should do either thing.
Coming from someone who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about that doesn't say much.
Ouch.
Mr.Shadow

Post by Mr.Shadow »

Lets just all agree to disagree ok.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Renaissance wrote:
Do you agree with this:

I feel that Christians who condemn the teachings of the Buddha without even reading them are brainwashed, peon idiots. Do you agree?
Anyone who condemns anything without understanding is an idiot. So, yes, I agree.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Btw, Sid, you were doing very well; don't lose it now, ok?
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

"I am openly saying you are nuttier than a fucking fruitcake."

Did someone mention food? I'm extremely partial to fruit, nuts and other such foodstuffs. For me, it's 'brain food'. Also, if I may, I'd like to get in on this conversation. How indeed does one get smart? Can you NOSH your way to wisdom?
Ni ange, ni bête
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Only if you eat Macaws.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Dan Rowden wrote:
Renaissance wrote:
Do you agree with this:

Anyone who condemns anything without understanding is an idiot. So, yes, I agree.
Thank you for agreeing with me about the status of broken-blockhead regarding The Secret. That's all I needed to win this battle with that idiot.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

brokenhead wrote:
Renaissance wrote:IT'S NOT A COMPANION DVD, YOU IDIOT! THE DVD CAME FIRST. IF ANYTHING, THE (((BOOK))) IS THE COMPANION, YOU CLUELESS JERK!
No need to shout.

It's not particularly significant which came first, since they are both equally worthless. It's like seeing two dog turds side by side and spending time trying to decide which turd came first and which turd is the companion.
I don't see why I should do either thing.
Ouch.
Well, since you are certain The Secret is worthless and you cannot list three things you disagree with about The Secret philosophy that makes you an idiot for everyone to see, that's why.

I don't see how I could have made it easier for this block-head to list three things he disagrees with about The Secret philosophy. OBVIOUSLY there is nothing contained in the philosophy block-head disagrees with and yet he is certain the philosophy contained in The Secret is "worthless". Now, that is dumb to about three decimal places.
Last edited by Renaissance on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renaissance

Post by Renaissance »

Dan Rowden wrote:Btw, Sid, you were doing very well; don't lose it now, ok?
Well, now that you have inadvertantly agreed with me about broken-blockhead's position regarding The Secret I am indeed pacified.