Cosmology and "Kosmos"

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Carl G

Re: Cosmology and "Kosmos"

Post by Carl G »

mikiel,

I don't plan on writing any personal insults to you. Nor are you on my shit list. I don't dislike you. Where I have been pouting? What you mean by "get over it"? Get over what?
Good Citizen Carl
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

In further challenge to the prevailing 'let it fall through the cracks' way of ignoring pesky challenges (by Dan and David), here is a review of an unanswered question to Dan's statement above (7/10):
(see my reply for the actual question.)
What matters is what you intend by the terms "exist" and "real". I happen to not think things are either real or illusory.
So, to put a very blunt point on the question: What is neither real or illusory? Maybe it is just philosophical bullshit... a way of waffeling when the mind is confused... which Dan's obviously is on this fence-rider.
You guys don't seem to have many serious critics here. But that seems to be the way you like it as a cult of logic trying (in vain) to address the serious topic of enlightenment.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Carl G wrote:mikiel,

I don't plan on writing any personal insults to you. Nor are you on my shit list. I don't dislike you. Where I have been pouting? What you mean by "get over it"? Get over what?
Your attitude as expressed in :"Search for my reply to this in the "Poop" thread."
Oh, so we are on a friendly basis? What a relief!
I don't see a shred of honesty in your post. Complete denial of the attitude so clearly expressed. Do you need a good counselor? Sorry, I'm not available.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

What a laugh. I essentially repeat what you told Tomas and suddenly I need a counselor? You didn't see anything about yourself in it? I was commenting on your laziness.
Good Citizen Carl
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Carl G wrote:What a laugh. I essentially repeat what you told Tomas and suddenly I need a counselor? You didn't see anything about yourself in it? I was commenting on your laziness.
I don't get it. Go ahead and comment on my laziness.

I am fond of speaking plainly. I do sometimes "not get" the sarcasm, which you are very good at. So, if you will humor me, please spell out exactly what you mean. It may blow your cool, but, what the hell, ... isn't clear communication more important than than the cool factor you so meticulously maintain?
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Instead of telling Tomas what you told me in the "Judging Others" thread, or quoting those replies, or linking to them, you lazily told Tomas to go find them himself.

By the way, my reference to the "Poop" thread was the same "Judging Others" wherein I asked you if, in the name of radical honesty, you go around telling people every time you take a shit.
Good Citizen Carl
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Mikiel,

You say to Dan:
So, to put a very blunt point on the question: What is neither real or illusory? Maybe it is just philosophical bullshit... a way of waffeling when the mind is confused... which Dan's obviously is on this fence-rider.
You guys don't seem to have many serious critics here. But that seems to be the way you like it as a cult of logic trying (in vain) to address the serious topic of enlightenment.
I think I actually agree with Dan. The 'what' is 'things.' See, we are told that this world is maya. It is illusory. Illusory because the world of things is all made up of contingent and not essentially existing entities. All things require the congealing of parts, which can come apart, and the thing is as if it never was. It lacks inherent existence, in the Buddhist parlance. It is not self-caused.

But then, the entire realm of reality is one undivided whole, it arises out of God as a manifestation of some sort of power but it nonseparate from God and is, in that sense, real.

All things partake of the one Absolute uncaused, self-existent reality, and yet all things are ephemeral, contingent, lack inherent existence. Therefore, they are neither real nor illusory.
**********************************************************************************************************

I think Paul LaViolette surpasses Einstein, Kepler and Copernicus.

Lists of his verified predictions, which began in the 1970's. There is a better list, but I can't find it:

http://www.etheric.com/LaViolette/Predict.html
http://www.etheric.com/LaViolette/Predict2.html

Main website;
http://www.etheric.com/

Another link:
http://earthchangesmedia.com/tvguests/biolaviolette.htm

I read Beyond the Big Bang and I think that Genesis of the Cosmos is similar, perhaps an improved version. The first two sections of BTBB were difficult, although important, but the final third was a revelation. He goes through point after point in which modern cosmology and particle and quantum physics have unsolved problems and he solves them all.

It would be very difficult for me to do justice to his work. He describes ancient myths as containing clues to their scientific understanding of our universe which is superior and more complete than ours. He mainly focuses on the Isis, Osiris, Horus and Set mythology of ancient Egypt.

He proposes a method of matter generation that he calls subquantum kinetics, based upon a kind of chemical wave, not mechanical wave.
Truth is a pathless land.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Carl G wrote:Instead of telling Tomas what you told me in the "Judging Others" thread, or quoting those replies, or linking to them, you lazily told Tomas to go find them himself.

Yes, I did. You judge my motives as lazy. I say that I said it already to you and he can find it there. I will not repeat myself for the sake of "thread protocol." I do what I call 'cross threading' all the time. It's easy to check out out a recent reply in another thread and save repeating. Sorry you don't agree. It's my life and my decisions on how to communicate here. You have the same options, but don't expect me to operate on your value systems. I am a "free agent." Are you?

By the way, my reference to the "Poop" thread was the same "Judging Others" wherein I asked you if, in the name of radical honesty, you go around telling people every time you take a shit.
Huh? Do you think this makes sense? Did you ask me if "in the name of radical honesty" I " go around telling people every time (I) take a shit?" Maybe... quite possibly... I missed that post. Prompt me please on this crucially important point.

I go around telling people what the actual experience of Awakening (to the Universal Identity in all forms/individuals) is as experienced by this individual.
And you want to argue trivialities. Your choice. No interest in enlightenment as I share the Truth about it. Same as all enlightened testimony in world history.
(Wanna see my link again to my teacher's site quoting enlightened mystics from *all* religious traditions?
Probably not. It is the egocentric arena of battle in which you appear to be interested. Not my problem.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

mikiel wrote:
Huh? Do you think this makes sense? Did you ask me if "in the name of radical honesty" I " go around telling people every time (I) take a shit?" Maybe... quite possibly... I missed that post. Prompt me please on this crucially important point.
I wrote that to you here:

My words:
You apparently didn't get the point. It's about relevance. Do I need to describe my own heroic days on the farm, to get my points across on an internet philosophy board? Do I need to post my IQ? Do I need to discuss my own spiritual questing in Hawaii, or my own meditation history? I haven't yet.

You seem to be looking for some sort of validation or recognition of your authority on a subject. Doesn't come by writing your resume, it comes from the sense you make with your words. Ironically here you fall down due to admitted inability or interest to master the medium of computer usage and the written word.

Radical honesty is a false argument. Or do you go around telling everyone every time you take a shit.
Good Citizen Carl
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Mikiel:
And you want to argue trivialities. Your choice. No interest in enlightenment as I share the Truth about it. Same as all enlightened testimony in world history.
I am your mirror, to show you where you still need to work on yourself and you call this arguing trivialities.
Good Citizen Carl
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Well, Carl,
I did miss that post.
Check the forum subtitle again:
"Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment"
Does this, in your mind, preclude personal testimony by those who are, without a doubt (there is no doubt once you lose the illusion of "self") enlightened?
Maybe you think its all about what we have all read about enlightenment. Or how logic and, more generally, reason is the
only path to "E."

Content of consciousness has nothing to do with enlightenment. It is the radical breakthrough beyond what we know (or can know) as concepts and content. It is knowing our cosmic identity as parts of the One Being. Call It God or "Kosmos."
I once had a Vision on 'the hilltop' (at 'my place') written in letters of flame across the whole sky:
I AM THE NAMELESS ONE
Naturally, as a mystic, I was ready to found the "Church of the Nameless One" and just teach according to hilltop revelation.
But there are too many churches already, and I my guidance was to 'modestly' continue my meditation circles and dialogues after.
It became the permanent home of the Center for Conscious Unity.

The community is developing on this land in perfect harmony with Nature, absolute respect for each other as manifestations of the Divine (whether male or female... this site's bigotry is false teaching...) and respect for the guidance of the teacher here, transcending personal identity... who the Pacific Ocean named mikIel.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Right,..so why are you here?
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Carl G wrote:Mikiel:
I am your mirror, to show you where you still need to work on yourself and you call this arguing trivialities.
Can you even imagine transcending your 'personal opinion?"

As I floated in the ocean, kicking to stay afloat, my last fear was that I might be eaten alive by sharks. That passed, and i was given a new life without ego as a program of "personal identity."
Absolutely free!
Can you give true testimnony of such transformation in your life, or, as honestly as you can speak, are your still "somebody" with attachment to "your stuff?"
Try to reach a level of honesty in your response that transcends the usual ego defense mechanisms programed into everyone who is not yet liberated from the illusion of "separate self."

There is only One Self... Cosmic Consciousness.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

mikiel wrote:
i was given a new life without ego as a program of "personal identity."
Why then repeatedly remind us of your IQ, your mastery of stone masonry, how heavy a stone you can lift, how many hours you have meditated in your lifetime, and how you are a counselor and leader of spiritual community on the land. This does not sound ego-free, program-free, or identity-free to me.
Good Citizen Carl
Blair

Post by Blair »

You know what you sound like? One of those idiots who drifts around on the earth, thinking they are all hard n' shit, then they get to their 60's, and think they are wise, but they are actually just a scared little boy. A timid, frightened, scared little boy.

With a huge ego that has been facilitated by a society that has quietly scorned him all along.

He think's he's the Shit, but deep down, he knows he is just, shit.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Carl G wrote:mikiel wrote:
i was given a new life without ego as a program of "personal identity."
Why then repeatedly remind us of your IQ, your mastery of stone masonry, how heavy a stone you can lift, how many hours you have meditated in your lifetime, and how you are a counselor and leader of spiritual community on the land. This does not sound ego-free, program-free, or identity-free to me.
Try to imagine no personal identity. (It is actually impossible before awakening... but try anyway.)
Then, speaking about ":your own personal awakening" is exactly like speaking in honor of Jesus as One with God or Buddha as the Enlightened One, or... (same for all six major religions plus the indigenous unity with Spirit in all "non-religious" cultures.

Once you realize that we are are One Identity... The Divine here, now manifest... there is no personal identity left... no "claiming enlightenment" as a personal achievement... all obviously absurd.
One "I Am" in all forms/individuals... universally... cosmically.

Sorry you dont get it yet. Still projecting your ego/self onto "me"... because you can't help it. You don't know any better.

I don't criticize my grandchildren because they don't yet know our cosmic Identity. They are just learning to accept the usual social conditioning as individual "identities."

Old ones, before they die, are more prone to leave the illusion of egoic consciousness behind and join into this universal Identity.

Maybe I just had an early soul connection with the mystic Truth of unity in God. It took me long enough to real-ize it in everyday life.

I "repeatedly" speak the truth of this, "my life" only in answer to constant ridicule from those, like yourself, not yet "One with God" and still hostile to anyone who is... telling the Truth about it.
No apology. I am God. So are you. Surrender your selfish attachments in preparation for the global awakening.
I have "seen" it as all prophets have in their own time. Your ridicule will turn to bitter remorse once you too awaken.

Call me crazy... but I know what crazy is... and my life is totally blessed.... crazy doesn't even apply... but nin egoic judgement, like the majority on these boards.

Good night all. Universal love prevails here. Don't be fooled by the harsh criticism.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

mikiel,

I think you are a hypocrite. You speak of Universal Oneness and Universal Love, but keep coming back to your personal feats and natural gifts. When I point this out you make it my problem, I can't see, I don't know, I'm not enlightened.

I think you throw me off because you don't want to look at yourself.

But maybe not. However, if you are not like I say, why do you manifest this way? Do you chalk it all up to your computer dyslexia and inability to master the form of written word? You have said you are glad we are not hounding you in the flesh at your sanctum on the land where you are director of a spiritual community. I say if cyberspace is not your medium and if you do not wish to discuss possibly valid observations through it, why are you here?
Good Citizen Carl
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

Carl G wrote:mikiel,
I say if cyberspace is not your medium and if you do not wish to discuss possibly valid observations through it, why are you here?
Attention... Plain and simple.
I don't care what mik claims. Whether claiming my own ego is the source of this contempt or whether he's is able to self diagnose himself or not, and (of course) give himself a clean bill of health (like that is really logical), he has some obvious mental defects.

Attention, good, bad, whatever...
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

Mikiel wrote:If it turns out to be false... I am a false visionary and the devil has misled me all my life, ever since I asked Dad at age five... "How big is God?"
I think you must know this story by now.
Then I will gladly find a peaceful way to admit my lifelong delusion and kill myself... in a very appropriate way for an old hippie.
So you would rather be dead than wrong? Mmm-hmm... Certainly, no defective logic there? hmm?

I am a bit boggled by how you consider the devil manifests him/her/it self in your deluded vision? If the infinite universe is metaphorically the body of God, how does the devil fit into this?

If, you are enlightened, a prophet of God, or as you claim, are God, are there none like you? Do you consider yourself to have peers?
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

mikiel wrote: Hi David. Did you slink off and hide your head in the sand on this one in hope that it will go away amid the clamor?
Then there was the rest of the post... but... don't go to any trouble to look foolish here. Sometimes silence is the best strategy for saving face... if that's all you are about.
It is possible they have givin up mik. You cannot win a debate or teach anything to someone with your mentality. The whole being right or dead thing only further demonstrates this.
You have in essence set yourself up to deny the possibility of your own self delusion right up till your death.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Carl,
You are welcome to your opinion of me, and mine of you is less than complimentary as well.
I have a long history of "looking at myself." It is the contemplative, introspective part of all those thousands of hours of meditation. It is a joke that you think of yourself, obviously unenlightened as you are, as a mirror for me.
I am here to engage in
"Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment
- Truth, Courage, Honesty, Logic, Masculinity, Wisdom, Perfection -"
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Ramayana wrote:
Mikiel wrote:If it turns out to be false... I am a false visionary and the devil has misled me all my life, ever since I asked Dad at age five... "How big is God?"
Then I will gladly find a peaceful way to admit my lifelong delusion and kill myself... in a very appropriate way for an old hippie.
So you would rather be dead than wrong? Mmm-hmm... Certainly, no defective logic there? hmm?

I am a bit boggled by how you consider the devil manifests him/her/it self in your deluded vision? If the infinite universe is metaphorically the body of God, how does the devil fit into this?

If, you are enlightened, a prophet of God, or as you claim, are God, are there none like you? Do you consider yourself to have peers?
You are a complete idiot. The references to being misled by 'the devil' and killing myself over failed prophecy... or cosmology proven wrong... were obviously tongue in cheek... which went way over your flat little head.

The designers of the Great Pyramid, its chronograph as the case in point, were the prohets who encoded the prophetic info into the chronograph. I studied it for many years... got it way wrong once (in '79)... went to the top of Shasta for a week and finally recieved the Vision prayed for (in '80)... through the "Great Step", solving the mystery of what happens to the chronograph at the Great
Step.... the "stone of stumbling" for all attemts to decode the chronograph at/after the Step.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

mikiel wrote:It is a joke that you think of yourself, obviously unenlightened as you are, as a mirror for me.
False. It is not necessary for one's mirror to be enlightened. The lowliest of people can be one's mirror. A dog can be one's mirror.

Also, I would like to know by what evidence you proclaim me "obviously unenlightened."
I am here to engage in
"Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment
- Truth, Courage, Honesty, Logic, Masculinity, Wisdom, Perfection -"
Translation: I will not discuss any possible delusions I personally may have.
Good Citizen Carl
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

mikiel wrote: You are a complete idiot. The references to being misled by 'the devil' and killing myself over failed prophecy... or cosmology proven wrong... were obviously tongue in cheek... which went way over your flat little head.

The designers of the Great Pyramid, its chronograph as the case in point, were the prohets who encoded the prophetic info into the chronograph. I studied it for many years... got it way wrong once (in '79)... went to the top of Shasta for a week and finally recieved the Vision prayed for (in '80)... through the "Great Step", solving the mystery of what happens to the chronograph at the Great
Step.... the "stone of stumbling" for all attemts to decode the chronograph at/after the Step.
I kinna thought that would be your comeback. When put into the context of the complete reply (below), it certainly does not come across as sarcasm. Perhaps the delivery was all wrong, hah..
David Quinn wrote:If strong evidence arose that undermined the possibility of such a loop existing, would you feel threatened by this? Would your spiritual views suddenly be revealed as false? How transcendent are your views really?
Mikiel wrote:I welcome all "strong evidence" in the realm of cosmology. I am absolutely objective in the search for the truth of this universe... how it looks... how it acts... where it came from ... and what its destiny is.
I think the strongest evidence at this point supports my vision. Imaginary universes and models without any empirical evidence in support do not interest me at all. Yet they are the most popular cosmologies at this time... a tribute to the power of computer simulation and math without observational (empirical) evidence in support.

My "views" (try your best to grok what an actual cosmic Vision might be) are a life-long God-given revelations into what His/Her cosmic body looks like and how it's dynamics actually works.

If it turns out to be false... I am a false visionary and the devil has misled me all my life, ever since I asked Dad at age five... "How big is God?"

See you soon. I'm back in town at Sybil's place for the weekend.
1. If that is not your official position, what is? "If strong evidence arose that undermined the possibility of such a loop existing, would you feel threatened by this? Would your spiritual views suddenly be revealed as false? "
2. You stated somewhere, this thread perhaps your difficulty picking up on implied sarcasm, if that is the case here (which I doubt) Now, I'm the "complete idiot" if guilty of the same misinterpretation? What would that make you? I know this goes waaay over your arrogant pie brained head. But, I'll point it out just the same...
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Iolaus wrote:
Nature being uncaused means that it doesn't have a first cause. Cause and effect extends back indefinitely.
This is not coherent.
It only seems incoherent if your mind is spellbound by the need to discover "starting points" and "bottom lines" in reality. Yet it is that very need which prevents us from entering into the endless Void of who we are.

-