Forget Philosophy - The Pure Words of Enlightenment

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
unwise

Forget Philosophy - The Pure Words of Enlightenment

Post by unwise »

I did not perform actions in the past, nor do I perform actions in the present, nor shall I perform actions in the future. Neither did I, nor do I, nor shall I enjoy their respective fruits. This is my firm conviction.
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

From Shunryu Suzuki:

"The universe has its own magic."

--

Don't forget you are still the universe, my man.
Nick

Re: Forget Philosophy - The Pure Words of Enlightenment

Post by Nick »

unwise wrote:I did not perform actions in the past, nor do I perform actions in the present, nor shall I perform actions in the future. Neither did I, nor do I, nor shall I enjoy their respective fruits. This is my firm conviction.
#1 Prove it: You claim something and nobody here has a good reason to believe you, or give a rats ass. Since this is the case you are just bragging, or you just want to hear yourself talk.

#2 You are a liar: You have enjoyed respective fruits of the past, present, and future. You tell us all how you enjoy riding bikes, hanging out with your "philosophical" biker buddys, having sex with younger women, and explaining how your kid thinks you are king shit. You're lying to yourself and others if you think you willingly experience these things for any other reason than to boost your ego. It's written all over you.

#3 You have a huge ego: which is probably why you think you are enlightened. Anything short of enlightenment and everything you say would just be in vain. Of course this is the case so you insist upon your enlightenment preventing you from having to think any further about your own motives and intuitions.

I'm really starting to see the connection between you and your username for this forum. It fits you like a glove.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Nick is absolutely right.
- Scott
unwise

Post by unwise »

I am free from such weaknesses as passion, anger and so on. I am free from misery pertaining to the body, the mind, and so on. Know that I am that Atman, which is one and vast as space.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Ha, aren't we all?

I think this topic should probably be deleted, since it isn't a worldly matter, and it's just an ego combusting. There's no actual philosophy here.
- Scott
unwise

Post by unwise »

Truly, I am imperishable, infinite, and the embodiment of pure consciousness. I do not know how happiness and misery are experienced or who it is that experiences them.
Nick

Post by Nick »

unwise wrote:Truly, I am imperishable, infinite, and the embodiment of pure consciousness. I do not know how happiness and misery are experienced or who it is that experiences them.
Either you really as stupid as you sound, intentionally trying to mislead people, or simply being a dick head. I think you really are stupid enough to believe the shit your talking. You have become a beacon of darkness to anyone you encounter. Misleading or killing the drive of those who might have sought Truth.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matthew 6: 22
unwise

Post by unwise »

The universe, consisting of the five elements, is like water in a mirage. Ah, being that one, stainless Atman, to whom shall I bow down? Truly the Atman alone is all, and in It there is neither division nor nondivision. It appears to me perplexing to say, "The Atman exists" or "The Atman does not exist."
Last edited by unwise on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
unwise

Post by unwise »

The quintessence of the whole Vedanta is the knowledge and the realization of the Atman. By nature I am that formless, all-pervading Atman.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Don't worry unwise. Nick is just jealous he can't be the whatshamacallit as well. In the immortal words of Connor Macleod, "there can be only one".
Nick

Post by Nick »

Good point mook!

Though I'm sure his ego came to that conclusion long before any of us did.
Tharan

Re: Forget Philosophy - The Pure Words of Enlightenment

Post by Tharan »

unwise wrote:I did not perform actions in the past, nor do I perform actions in the present, nor shall I perform actions in the future. Neither did I, nor do I, nor shall I enjoy their respective fruits. This is my firm conviction.

I am free from such weaknesses as passion, anger and so on. I am free from misery pertaining to the body, the mind, and so on. Know that I am that Atman, which is one and vast as space.

Truly, I am imperishable, infinite, and the embodiment of pure consciousness. I do not know how happiness and misery are experienced or who it is that experiences them.

The quintessence of the whole Vedanta is the knowledge and the realization of the Atman. By nature I am that formless, all-pervading Atman.
I agree with that, Nemo. Certainly is is more true than your "loud Guzzi."

But what do you do with this understanding? How does it translate into behavior?
unwise

Post by unwise »

Good question Tharan. It is free of hostility.

Even when I experienced my first glimpse of Purusha, I became identified with the Atman. This means that your entire body/mind - story line does not apply to the new 'you.' If you observed yourself in a dream being an astronaut, you would simply observe it with interest. What has the astronaut have to do with the real you?

The difference between me and others is that I am not identified with the personality (which I see as determined by past causes). My behavior is not the issue at all. It is not 'mine.' I can act and talk as though it is. From the outside I look like any other fool. Since, to me, it has nothing to do with the Atman, I even boast about it since I am free and nothing can make me unfree. I even brag. To me it is a joke. Not even mass hatred can change my identification now with Atman.

Any other interest in the entire area of philosophy does not interest me. The only subject that is of interest to me is identification. That is the only area that enlightenment is concerned with. That is what I 'teach.' I often 'teach' it by making fun of people to get them to go crazy. Behind it is a point I am trying to get across.

- An object cannot be infinite by nature. Matter cannot be Reality Itself. Truly, the Atman alone is the Supreme Reality. It is neither injurious nor nonviolent.
bert

Post by bert »

...?
Last edited by bert on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Nick wrote to unwise:
You have a huge ego: which is probably why you think you are enlightened.
Yes, unwise has a “huge ego”, but it is made huge not because he values anything of great importance, but (as you pointed out) by his huge collection of items of no substance that he needs to keep him propped up. Without the things you listed: bikes, women, friends, children, and even his weak and pitiful idea of enlightenment, unwise would be nothing more than a puff of air. The list also describes how very shortsighted he is; attracted only to shiny surface dwelling objects he just happens to stumble across. His shortsightedness has so severely affected his mind that he thinks of his possessions as the highest of the high. To those, whose sight is healthy, and able to see up into the higher regions, his shiny possessions are but dirt below their feet.
I'm really starting to see the connection between you and your username for this forum. It fits you like a glove.
Yes, his name celebrates his life: unwise by name, unwise by nature.
-
Sue
La Verdad

Post by La Verdad »

^ ha. served.
unwise

Post by unwise »

Some prefer to be nondualists while others prefer to be dualists, but not of them truly knows the selfsame Brahman, which is devoid of duality and nonduality.
Tharan

Post by Tharan »

Why would a person who understands choose either?
unwise

Post by unwise »

Whatever I do, whatever I eat, whatever offer in sacrifice, and whatever I give away - none of these belong to me. I am ever pure, unborn, and immutable.
bert

Post by bert »

Last edited by bert on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
DHodges

The Plagiarized Words of Enlightenment

Post by DHodges »

... which is remarkably similar to http://www.inner-quest.org/Books_3.htm :
THE AVADHUT GITA
The Song of the Ever Free of Dattatreya
Translated by Swami Chetanananda

"I did not perform actions in the past, nor do I perform actions in the present, nor shall I perform actions in the future. Neither did I, nor do I, nor shall I enjoy their respective fruits. This is my firm conviction."
It's customary to give a reference when quoting a source. It helps to establish the context, and removes any confusion about who the author is.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Wow...it would be bad enough if he were coming up with the sentences himself, but instead he copies it out of a book. That's pretty pathetic.
- Scott
unwise

Post by unwise »

It is quite easy to Google any passage and find the source. The words of enlightenment are true for all enlightened persons - they all sing the same song. These words and ideas are not new to me. I thought it might first be funny to have a large group criticize the aphorisms before I stated that they were written by a one of the greatest sages. I wanted to see how much anger they would generate. I simply endorse them. There is not one thing that is origninal with any new sage. It has all been said before.

The perpetuation of the world is the modification of rajas and not of me. The series of suffering is the modification of tamas and not of me. Happiness is the modification of sattva and not of me. I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

How does Sat-Chit-Ananda want to see how much anger something generates?

Make no mistake, unwise, there's no anger coming from me. If I were angry at you for some reason, I'd probably just ignore you. For some reason, I'm still trying to get you to see how stupid you are. It will probably never work, because you're too old now.
- Scott