Wise Quotes Collection

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
SeekerOfWisdom

Re: Wise Quotes Collection

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Dennis Mahar wrote: keeping in mind at all times,
that 'universe' is indivisible and split up by consciousness into dualities,
then consciousness is grokked as an activity,
a process.
a verbing, a doing.
a concept isn't reified as a thing in itself, rather it is an act of conceptualising a possibility and attaching to that in order to have ground.
the insight shakes down to 'consciousness picking and choosing from a menu of possibilities for attachment'.

does that stack up?
Stacks up, your description 'consciousness picking and choosing from a menu of possibilities for attachment' is a good one.
I know you don't actually mean 'choosing' but the point is still clear.

I'm assuming this continues so I'll shh.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

There is no greater mystery than this,
that we keep seeking reality though in fact we are reality.
~ Ramana Maharshi
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Kunga gets it :) that is opposed to being a product of a fantasy reality.
Why is it so hard for most, who are apparently empty of attachment, to drop the pretense of knowing and get this?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Sometimes I get it...and sometimes I don't get it....get it ? :)
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Nope, you lost me actually.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

See..... :)

No... really....I always feel like a beginner....wise for a few seconds...then back to my ego self....
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Others will say there is beginning and advancement, but don't try and achieve anything, know there's nothing to do or change, this is how it has always been, just rest without attachment to the worldly and it cannot touch you.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Yeah, just do that, because it's so easy....
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Dan, you should have kept this forum closed. It's become Hakuin with dementia.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

jupiviv wrote:Dan, you should have kept this forum closed. It's become Hakuin with dementia.

”Is that so?”
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Course it is, don't kid yourself, it's not like your sitting their focusing or doing some mental exercise...

If you were to look at the sky or a tree, and kunga were to do the same, how would your experiences be differing?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Are you serious?
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Of course, if no delusions are being thought of at that time, what's different? She exists in the same way as you, you know.
There's nothing hard about being non-attached, the only 'problem' is that people who do experience it usually keep moving back toward delusion because they are unaware of its nature.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Kunga wrote:”Is that so?”
"Yes."
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

We have dementia, yet you've forgotten you don't post here anymore. What have you got to complain about?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:We have dementia, yet you've forgotten you don't post here anymore. What have you got to complain about?
Good comeback, Seeker.

Some character named jupiviv wants the place shut down yet comes back!
Don't run to your death
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

I'm asking Dan to ban all new posts, archive everything posted before 2013, and hope it'll last longer than Geocities. The squirrel-rimming pictures of /b/ are more stimulating than this crap.

All the good posters have left, most notably Kevin Solway, Matt Gregory & Trevor Salyzyn. Dan Rowden is decent, but he falls down badly on certain issues. David Quinn seems to have repeatedly had the same discussions with the same people for the past couple of years.

That's another thing, it seems to me that in this forum's recent history the same series of discussions have occurred over and over, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but in this case they've gotten more pointless and silly with each repetition like a Star Trek marathon.

As for the current crop of posters - Pincho is a lunatic, Seeker is a clueless git, Tomas doesn't have anything worthwhile to say, Kunga is a lobotomised hippie bimbo and Dennis is illegible.

goto 1st sentence.

I'd be happy to help Dan organise all the old topics/posts on the forum into clearly defined groups for the reading pleasure of current and future members - "Causality", "Worldly implications of the spiritual path", "Discussions about sex differences", "Diebert's ditties", "The Jacob, the Ass and the Alex" etc. But please, Dan, dessicate and freeze this bitch before any more o' them scavingers gather.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Throwing a tantrum in public like a 2 yo kid is a bit much jup.
you've always been excessively emotional.
buy some candy.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Jupiviv your acting as if anyone else is trying to live up to some fabricated intellectual standard.

You think because the title of the forum says 'Genius' that means we should put on a demeanor and maintain a 'presentable' speaking.

You are clearly worried about appearances or perhaps losing any imagined credit for your past contributions,
I bet you also think that you are a genius.

The fact is that the people here just don't care so much, as you do. Your act is just an act.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Dennis Mahar wrote:you've always been excessively emotional.
I don't try to suppress emotions if they don't affect the reasoning process.
SeekerOfWisdom wrote:You think because the title of the forum says 'Genius' that means we should put on a demeanor and maintain a 'presentable' speaking.
Clarity, politeness and psycho-babble are all different from each other, and may or may not overlap. I only look for clarity.

My point was that this forum has run its course. There's no reason to keep it active because it clearly isn't attracting any intelligent people. In fact, doing so would *deter* any intelligent people because their first impression would be philosophical Jeremy Kyle.
The fact is that the people here just don't care so much, as you do.
Every second post on this forum recently is by you. You obviously care about the forum because you can post your thoughts on it, but you don't care about wisdom. The same for 90% of the other people on here.
Last edited by jupiviv on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Clearly it's run its course, even from when I got here there were only about 5 people posting, but I don't see how it's relevant.

You forget we aren't trying to achieve anything or impress anyone, there's no agenda required for posting. Your still idealistically clinging to fabricated 'purpose'.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

jup,
I don't try to suppress emotions if they don't affect the reasoning process.
you sound like the ex pulling that stunt.

settle down.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

SeekerOfWisdom wrote:clinging to fabricated 'purpose'.

I cling to wisdom, but I didn't fabricate it. Nature did.

This forum was created for disseminating wisdom, and since it's no longer serving that purpose it should be closed. Of course, this isn't my forum, and it's largely irrelevant to me what happens to it, but I think someone needed to say that out loud.

@Dennis, your legibility has improved now that you're cross. Try to keep that up when you're thinking. I think your understanding is fairly good, but you have a little way to go to find your way back from unity to duality again.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Jup,
If one is restless, irritable and discontent it indicates one is coming from a preference or prejudice.
fair enough?

the normally still waters are disturbed.

come again from still waters which is your possibility.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Good to see at least one poster returned to say something spirited. One simply promotes rational discourse by thought out or provoking writing efforts following conventional grammar rules or one ends up opposing and derailing the whole effort just by hanging around and farting. There's no middle way here!

The free form formula of the past just doesn't work any more in this day and age. Different sections as Jup suggested could help, also one for new comers and old boozers to post in exclusively until able to post coherently. Jump in and post is so 1999!

Now I get the sense Dan stopped caring or having time or energy to care that much. A new effort would need a group of people who care a shit to have this platform continue. Of course, anyone can set up a forum and invite people to join there. For me it would not be a problem to maintain it on my hosting account but it needs a core group of admins and posters to get it going. And I just don't see the amount needed for that yet, at least five I was thinking about with fifteen regular contributors in their wake. That's what you need to jump-start here or elsewhere but I need to see some signal of life.