Out of Touch | Friendship and Power

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

This video touches on the subject of work, business, power and friendship. Excerpts were paraphrased from Robert Greene's "the 48 Laws of Power". There is a satirical, absurdist feel to this video that I enjoy, and it helps lighten the mood after being invaded by a confused friend.

He came to my office offering money and marijuana to help him with work, but got angry when I declined to do exactly as he wanted when he wanted. He slowly tried to get me to take on a bunch of menial labour he didn't want to do. This was especially absurd considering I have more creative, philosophical and artistic work to last me 2 years. I feel overwhelmed by all the work I want to do, and along comes a guy who tries to give me more work, but in this case, boring, tedious work I didn't want to do.

It escalated into an amusing shouting match and he ended up leaving. A week later I met him at a friends house, and he wouldn't let the issue go, and there was another shouting match.

I wasn't even really angry, just jolts of lightening to show him that he owes me respect, I had to meet his level of energy, largely as an experiment. I could see murder in his eyes, and he admitted he wanted to strangle me.

I felt no real violent urges and was astonished at the level of entitlement, passive aggression, bullying, guilt tripping and word games that so called "friends" will engage in when you have something they want.

Mixing aesthetic power displays with spiritual teaching, as I have been doing on social networks, has some serious consequences, people start hounding you and treating you like you're a woman.

I am one to a degree, and it could eventually get me killed. Reminds me a of passage from PFTH:

"The spiritual man has power like no other. He must be so careful it doesn't run away with him. His wisdom lies in his absolute submission of strength to God. A bird carrying a fish is chased by all the other birds, until he lets go of the fish and becomes free again. Thus his final action is feminine: but the ultimate feminine is a male."

Here's an interesting image that expresses this truth well:

Painting of the Devil, God, women and Men
jupiviv

Re: Out of Touch | Friendship and Power

Post by jupiviv »

CoryDuchesne wrote:It escalated into an amusing shouting match and he ended up leaving. A week later I met him at a friends house, and he wouldn't let the issue go, and there was another shouting match.

I wasn't even really angry, just jolts of lightening to show him that he owes me respect, I had to meet his level of energy, largely as an experiment. I could see murder in his eyes, and he admitted he wanted to strangle me.

The way you describe it, it sounds like he's your wife or lover. Personally, I'd just ignore him altogether until he becomes reasonable.
I felt no real violent urges and was astonished at the level of entitlement, passive aggression, bullying, guilt tripping and word games that so called "friends" will engage in when you have something they want.
Maybe they're not your friends, then? Like Mario Puzo said - "friendship and money; oil and water."
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

jupiviv wrote:
CoryDuchesne wrote:It escalated into an amusing shouting match and he ended up leaving. A week later I met him at a friends house, and he wouldn't let the issue go, and there was another shouting match.

The way you describe it, it sounds like he's your wife or lover. Personally, I'd just ignore him altogether until he becomes reasonable.
Maybe they're not your friends, then? Like Mario Puzo said - "friendship and money; oil and water."
yes, friendship is easily disturbed when you add in elements like money, power, women, etc.

As for him being a woman.... well in analytic terms, very much so. I enjoy a relation to people consciously. I sin, but I am aware of it. This guy has no idea. No clue whatsoever. He has no concept of what analytic even means in a spiritual context, and therefore he is almost entirely animal. A very literal minded fellow who stakes his entire identity in his relation to other people. At least he gives that impression.

Myself - a very significant portion of my identity, probably the majority of it is in entire submission to the totality, which is why I can single mindedly move from one task to another without much attachment or irritation. I do everything with the sense I am writing in water, but I do it with all my heart and mind, with joy; a poet-existence.

My social existence can be gratifying, but from what I can tell, it touches the superficial aspects of my character, with the core of who I am in total submission to God. However, I am new at this, so I would not be surprised if I suffer an injury in my attempts to weave a spell over North America. As analytic as I try to be, I do not have the sense that I am entirely invincible to injury.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Out of Touch | Friendship and Power

This video touches on the subject of work, business, power and friendship. Excerpts were paraphrased from Robert Greene's "the 48 Laws of Power". There is a satirical, absurdist feel to this video that I enjoy, and it helps lighten the mood after being invaded by a confused friend.

He came to my office offering money and marijuana to help him with work, but got angry when I declined to do exactly as he wanted when he wanted. He slowly tried to get me to take on a bunch of menial labour he didn't want to do. This was especially absurd considering I have more creative, philosophical and artistic work to last me 2 years. I feel overwhelmed by all the work I want to do, and along comes a guy who tries to give me more work, but in this case, boring, tedious work I didn't want to do.

It escalated into an amusing shouting match and he ended up leaving. A week later I met him at a friends house, and he wouldn't let the issue go, and there was another shouting match.

Mixing aesthetic power displays with spiritual teaching, as I have been doing on social networks, has some serious consequences, people start hounding you and treating you like you're a woman.

I am one to a degree, and it could eventually get me killed. Reminds me a of passage from PFTH:

"The spiritual man has power like no other. He must be so careful it doesn't run away with him. His wisdom lies in his absolute submission of strength to God. A bird carrying a fish is chased by all the other birds, until he lets go of the fish and becomes free again. Thus his final action is feminine: but the ultimate feminine is a male."

Here's an interesting image that expresses this truth well:

Painting of the Devil, God, women and Men
That's no friend that beseiges your life, cut the cancer out.
unbound
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Indeed, I have.