Intelligence

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Intelligence

Post by mental vagrant »

People people gather around there is a dwarf with a pot of gold in town! What is gold?
unbound
Tomas

Re: Intelligence

Post by Tomas »

mental vagrant wrote:People people gather around there is a dwarf with a pot of gold in town! What is gold?
More input, please :-)
Don't run to your death
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

mental vagrant wrote:People people gather around there is a dwarf with a pot of gold in town! What is gold?

A big, sexy ass on an attractive woman. An urban legend states that if the lights at the club strike a pot of gold just right, it will appear as if a rainbow is originating from the woman's ass.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Kunga wrote:

A big, sexy ass on an attractive woman. An urban legend states that if the lights at the club strike a pot of gold just right, it will appear as if a rainbow is originating from the woman's ass.
Amusing. Sounds like Kunga has an opinion it would like to share. Please do.
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Tomas wrote:
More input, please :-)
I wanted to leave the topic fairly open so i could recieve a variety of responses, i didn't wish to accidentally restrict your replies.
unbound
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

“Gold is the corpse of value...”
Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

"Promise, large promise, is the soul of an advertisement."
Samuel Johnson

"Intelligence
is as unscientific
a word, and in any case
as unmeasurable
as happiness
- or love
- or God. "
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

mental vagrant wrote:
Kunga wrote:

Nope...just tried to figure out what the answer was to this...and one thing led to another....wound up with this !

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ot+of+gold

:D

BTW, my very first response (before Googling ) was "Acapulco Gold " (the name of a very good quality pot/weed back in the 60's/70's)
Ironically it's the 2nd answer (being pot/weed) in the Urban Dictionary under "Pot of Gold".

I should of stuck with my gut reaction huh ?
(Gold=Pot/weed)

Oh, this is interesting ...now it appears that "dwarf" is :

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=5519162

Of course the most obvious answer is that gold=gold
That was flashing through my mind as I continued in search of something more complex...lol

So what pray tell does this all mean ?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Bobo wrote:“Gold is the corpse of value...”
Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

"Promise, large promise, is the soul of an advertisement."
Samuel Johnson

"Intelligence
is as unscientific
a word, and in any case
as unmeasurable
as happiness
- or love
- or God. "

Please continue.

+EDIT: I see some deep wisdom here.. i want to see how far this branches our for you.
Last edited by mental vagrant on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Kunga wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:
Kunga wrote:

Nope...just tried to figure out what the answer was to this...and one thing led to another....wound up with this !

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ot+of+gold

:D

BTW, my very first response (before Googling ) was "Acapulco Gold " (the name of a very good quality pot/weed back in the 60's/70's)
Ironically it's the 2nd answer (being pot/weed) in the Urban Dictionary under "Pot of Gold".

I should of stuck with my gut reaction huh ?
(Gold=Pot/weed)

Oh, this is interesting ...now it appears that "dwarf" is :

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=5519162

Of course the most obvious answer is that gold=gold
That was flashing through my mind as I continued in search of something more complex...lol

So what pray tell does this all mean ?
Seeing how people respond is extremely interesting! :)
unbound
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

mental vagrant wrote: Please continue.

+EDIT: I see some deep wisdom here.. i want to see how far this branches our for you.
Herp...
Sign only the correct(s) deep wisdom(s) below:

a)"it is not what has nothing outside it that is infinite, but what always has something outside it".

b)“What is the seal of attained freedom? —No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.”

c)"The old and oft-repeated proposition "Totum est majus sua parte" [the whole is larger than the part] may be applied without proof only in the case of entities that are based upon whole and part; then and only then is it an undeniable consequence of the concepts "totum" and "pars". Unfortunately, however, this "axiom" is used innumerably often without any basis and in neglect of the necessary distinction between "reality" and "quantity", on the one hand, and "number" and "set", on the other, precisely in the sense in which it is generally false."

d)"The movement of doubt consisted precisely in this: that at one moment he was supposed to be in the right, the next moment in the wrong, to a degree in the right, to a degree in the wrong, and this was supposed to mark his relationship with God; but such a relationship with God is not relationship, and this was the sustenance of doubt. In his relationship with another person, it certainly was possible that he could be partly in the wrong, partly in the right, to a degree in the wrong, to a degree in the right, because he himself and every human being is finite, and their relationship is a finite relationship that consists in a more or less. Therefore as long as doubt would make the infinite relationship finite, and as long as wisdom would full up the infinite relationship with the finite-just so long he would remain in doubt. Thus every time doubt wants to trouble him about the particular, tell him that he is suffering too much or is being tested beyond his powers, he forget the finite in the infinite, that he is always in the wrong. Every time the cares of doubt want to make him sad, he lifts himself above the finite into the infinite, because this thought, that he is always in the wrong, is the wings upon which he soars over the finite. This is the longing with which he seeks God; this is the love which he finds God."

e)"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."

Derp... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQuuBbDTzYU
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

gold consists of thrusting and finishing.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Bobo wrote:
mental vagrant wrote: Please continue.

Herp...
Sign only the correct(s) deep wisdom(s) below:

a)"it is not what has nothing outside it that is infinite, but what always has something outside it".

b)“What is the seal of attained freedom? —No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.”

c)"The old and oft-repeated proposition "Totum est majus sua parte" [the whole is larger than the part] may be applied without proof only in the case of entities that are based upon whole and part; then and only then is it an undeniable consequence of the concepts "totum" and "pars". Unfortunately, however, this "axiom" is used innumerably often without any basis and in neglect of the necessary distinction between "reality" and "quantity", on the one hand, and "number" and "set", on the other, precisely in the sense in which it is generally false."

d)"The movement of doubt consisted precisely in this: that at one moment he was supposed to be in the right, the next moment in the wrong, to a degree in the right, to a degree in the wrong, and this was supposed to mark his relationship with God; but such a relationship with God is not relationship, and this was the sustenance of doubt. In his relationship with another person, it certainly was possible that he could be partly in the wrong, partly in the right, to a degree in the wrong, to a degree in the right, because he himself and every human being is finite, and their relationship is a finite relationship that consists in a more or less. Therefore as long as doubt would make the infinite relationship finite, and as long as wisdom would full up the infinite relationship with the finite-just so long he would remain in doubt. Thus every time doubt wants to trouble him about the particular, tell him that he is suffering too much or is being tested beyond his powers, he forget the finite in the infinite, that he is always in the wrong. Every time the cares of doubt want to make him sad, he lifts himself above the finite into the infinite, because this thought, that he is always in the wrong, is the wings upon which he soars over the finite. This is the longing with which he seeks God; this is the love which he finds God."

e)"Man can do what he wills but he cannot will what he wills."

Derp... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQuuBbDTzYU
Measures aren't, wisdom is finite. In that relation intelligence negates it's existence. This sound familiar?
unbound
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

there is there
a is a
what is what
gold is gold

edit:
People, people, gather around. A dwarf with a pot of gold has appeared in town. Since lots of gold will buy many things, that dwarf does have a valuable pot. The more valuable the pot, the higher the tax. Who will offer a tax shelter to the dwarf so strong that he lugs around such a burden?
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Kunga wrote:

Kunga, that sounds like urban burrito legend. If the lights at the club strike the burrito just right.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

The last word on intelligence. Cool.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

Gold is the subject phrase we use to tolerate a mans wits and pleasure. Gold defines the odds in a poker table. It is what God's used to be made of. Gold is the outlook on manhood-if-you were there you know the living amongst the dead. Gold has a great deal! It is not guided by lucifer in the flesh; it, is guided by selfishness and gread! Liar Liar.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Would you like to clarify your thouhrts and explain yourself, the 'liar liar' at for glance seems provocative, though i suspect an expression of experience.

Down to basics, surely you don't believe that all people share a narrow band of potential?
unbound
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

MV,
I am a shallow bastard!
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

I've noticed. Are you the puddle puzzle? Are you an Admin?
unbound
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

<--------------------pointed the other way
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

MV,

This is my last shot at it!
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Shot at what?
unbound
Vaderisa

Post by Vaderisa »

My, my. This is the best IQ Test I have ever taken!

I recall that I once took the IQ EXAM and got a high score!
Last edited by Vaderisa on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Vaderisa wrote:My, my. This is the best IQ Test I have ever taken!
You are continually failing to comprehend the obvious, i cannot be bothered into spending more than a few seconds considering you.

You aren't Enigma, you are a cunt. I'd bet money i know who you are too, travelled from one database to the next.
unbound