Is a Clone Soulless?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mensa-maniac

Is a Clone Soulless?

Post by mensa-maniac »

Is a Clone Soulless?

It would seem that a cloned species wouldn't possess a soul, it would be a freak-of-nature.

If it had no soul, how could it feel emotions, or even have a will to live?

Could it think?

It would be interesting to research Dolly the first cloned sheep for information to her life.
Ryan Rudolph

Re: Is a Clone Soulless?

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

A soul is not a scientific term, and there is very little evidence to even suggest that souls may exist. However, clones are no different than identical twins. Each develops a unique personality due to slightly different environmental pressures on the genetic makeup.

The existence of healthy genetically identical twins is actually evidence that there is no soul from the outset of birth. I tend to think of the soul as being the "consciousness of the enlightened", which most people do not possess. In that sense, over 90% of the population is soulless because they are not enlightened.

That is why we do not need anymore films about zombies, when we have plain old humans in reality to witness all the horrors of unconscious behavior.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Reality is the lord's perfection.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:A soul is not a scientific term, and there is very little evidence to even suggest that souls may exist. However, clones are no different than identical twins. Each develops a unique personality due to slightly different environmental pressures on the genetic makeup.

So the word consciousness is used instead of soul, ok I get it.

The existence of healthy genetically identical twins is actually evidence that there is no soul from the outset of birth. I tend to think of the soul as being the "consciousness of the enlightened", which most people do not possess. In that sense, over 90% of the population is soulless because they are not enlightened.

Prefer not to comment

That is why we do not need anymore films about zombies, when we have plain old humans in reality to witness all the horrors of unconscious behavior.
I am fully conscious of my behaviour, to be consciously aware is to permit my person to live freely, uninhibited, honesty, even if it means self-acknowledging a wrong and correcting it.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Steven Coyle wrote:Reality is the lord's perfection.
Good one Steven
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

MnM,
I am fully conscious of my behaviour, to be consciously aware is to permit my person to live freely, uninhibited, honesty, even if it means self-acknowledging a wrong and correcting it

I think the most difficult part people have is realizing that all we are is a collection of habits, habits that support thought-patterns, and in that sense, there is no free-will. And when we begin to see how we are controlled by deterministic factors, that is the beginning of freedom.

And a wrong might be correcting a belief, attachment or delusion that turned out to be incorrect, or it might be stopping an addictive behavior that supports the human emotional system.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

A clone should be fine. One day we will probably use DNA to alter people before they are born anyway.
Steven Coyle

"Inter Chess"

Post by Steven Coyle »

The luck is a lot like David's inner winner, ya jub
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Pincho Paxton wrote:A clone should be fine. One day we will probably use DNA to alter people before they are born anyway.
I think that's been going on for a decade or so, at least.
Don't run to your death
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

How to "Check"

Lift the middle finger to the letter's mid nigh

(amps more inner B)
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

This wouldn't even be a question if the clone/cloned was a ginger.
RWI

Post by RWI »

'Soul', in my opinion, is simply a reference for the overall function of the mind, an overview of the nature of an individual (Bad person,therefore bad mind, which is considered a bad soul), or (from another person's point of view) the mind's benevolent side, hence the idea that a person with an unsympathetic reptilian mind is 'soulless', meaning that a person does not have a benevolent aspect to his conscious.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

To integrate the reptillian mind, one induces a shaman shapeshifter.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

no souls.
Last edited by IJesusChrist on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
To think or not to think.
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

wreckchord wrote:Yes, clones are soulless. But so are animals that haven't been cloned, since there's no such thing as a soul. Test tube babies are soulless too. And so are normal babies. The only way for an animal or person to get soul is to listen to Aretha Franklin or Marvin Gaye. Otherwise, it's a soulless world out there. Take care.
PFFFHAHAHA
To think or not to think.
Animus

Post by Animus »

The only thing that sets a clone apart from the general population is that they are not a mutant. They are a copy of a mutant. The only thing missing is the genetic diversity that could potentially make them more or less adaptable to their environment.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

i dont think so.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

I have no soul, but I do have the funk.