I AM That

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

Re: I AM That

Post by Cory Duchesne »

El Dude wrote:I am that can also be interpreted as I am god or I am the universe. This statement is absolutely correct because god is the present moment itself,
I think we're in agreement..........but you understand that the present moment is not divided from the past and future, right? To be most accurate, you are everything, and everything is more than just the present.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

dejavu wrote:You're deluded El dude, and so are you Cory. Belonging is not the same as being.
are you one of those "believes in boundaries" kinda guys?
Is.

Post by Is. »

El Dude wrote:I am that can also be interpreted as I am god or I am the universe. This statement is absolutely correct because god is the present moment itself, and I am the present moment too, therefore I am God. This is meant in a temporal sense
and not in a spatial sense, as commonly understood: oneness does not mean expanding to the size of the universe, it means residing in the present, where I am that.
Who is writing all this? Who understands all this?
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

El Dude... abides.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

We cannot be essentially defined as separate from all others. We are existing, as all others are existing. They are produced in our minds, and therefore are part of us; the reverse also applies. If I kill a bee with the apparent intent to sting me before it actually does, there is no way of knowing if the 'thought' even entered the mind of the bee. Just as there is no way of knowing that I am different than you, and you than I.