Celibacy

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Animus

Re: Celibacy

Post by Animus »

Not for me it doesn't. I put very little thought into the act once commited. When my ex-girlfriend said "Aren't you going to cuddle with me?" I said "What do you know about montane voles?"

http://www.sciencenetlinks.com/sci_update.php?DocID=80

Tomas wrote:.

-Animus-
e) sex is almost never just about sex, its got a lot of baggage.

-tomas-
We are celibate with each other. Luckily (whatever the word), we found each other at a time when we thought we did. No marriage license, just parental permission at age-14. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but well worth our time. Honey, I've got a headache is in the best of relationships and the worst of relationships.

PS - The baggage is from the beginning flirt to the eventual .. ending .. it's called thinking :-)
yana

Post by yana »

protip: sperm can be donated. celibacy -what other choice is there when you want to work in peace?
Rafael T.M

Post by Rafael T.M »

The baggage animus is refering to, is the whole "have to stay with the girl" and put up with all the minor and irritating subjects about a lot of things. Also there´s a lot of issues about it.

So we got no conclusions yet on this subject?
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Is. wrote: When one's true nature is awakened to, all activity is seen to be a perfect expression of God.

What - so cannibalism, torture and paedophilia are ok then? Cool - come round to my house and I'll eat you. I'm feeling perfectly expressive and rather peckish.
Is.

Post by Is. »

uncledote wrote:What - so cannibalism, torture and paedophilia are ok then? Cool - come round to my house and I'll eat you. I'm feeling perfectly expressive and rather peckish.
No, savage morality is not "cool".

God is not an expression of Goodness in the moral sense, God is Truth. Morality and Beauty is something we humans create, we aren't handed it down from on High. So when I say cannibalism, torture and paedophilia are all perfect expressions of God, this does not mean that they are morally justifiable actions within the context of our society, only that they are not inherently good or bad.

For me, the discovery of the non-absoluteness of morality has increased my moral awareness and compassion a thousandfold. However, this is quite off-topic. Feel free to open a new post if you'd like to discuss morality further.