Anti-Construction

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
skipair

Anti-Construction

Post by skipair »

Avoid the pattern of "looking deeper" into a thing, to find out what it REALLY IS. Because remember there is no thing outside of what you've defined it to be!

All problems stem from dealing with things that aren't real but that we ourselves have created!

Once awareness/recognition happens, experience gets "dethingified". Reality is not THIS or THAT but can be and is anything.

No getting stuck in attitudes of "this is how things are"!!! Beware of the notion of THIS...because everything always changes!
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Re: Anti-Construction

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

to know what a thing is not we need to know what it is :)

you dont always need to construct things for yourself, perhaps you can perceive things by instinctively sensing what they are. they reveal themselves if you can allow them to. of course instincts can be dangerous things, as dangerous as carefully constructing or uncovering (?) something, but it depends on the person. for me personally, instinctively understanding a thing will make it a very important thing [study phenomenology], the less important things in life i construct/uncover for myself. so finding the big and grand truths in life by uncovering them slowly and painstakingly, this is secondary to me. But many individuals disagree with me about this. Great constructions serve to artfully distract us from the instinctive truths. For the brains of such inventors, these truths serve great purposes, for their hearts, it could cause intense confusion, because the heart seeks some type of truth. and no one ever entirely functions with a heart of stone. even stones can be broken.

Dont take me too seriously, though, im just pondering. Someone like Kant was a genius when it comes to metaphysics. Do read his essays!
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-skipair-
Avoid the pattern of "looking deeper" into a thing, to find out what it REALLY IS.
Because remember there is no thing outside of what you've defined it to be!

-tomas-
Just reading this has given me two definitions of what you've written....

-Skip A Rope-
All problems stem from dealing with things that aren't real but that we ourselves have created!

-tomas-
The key is to deal with some of those things that are real and summarily deal with all of your posts.

-Skipster-
Once awareness/recognition happens, experience gets "dethingified".
Reality is not THIS or THAT but can be and is anything.

-tomas-
Reality is nothing more than a conjured-up image of your selfless ego.

-Skip On Down-
No getting stuck in attitudes of "this is how things are"!!!
Beware of the notion of THIS...because everything always changes!

-tomas-
Hmm .. perhaps another visit with Captain Kangaroo will do the trick.
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Which is how one keeps consciousness quantum? BL.