Search found 594 matches

by Ataraxia
Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:19 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Humans.
Replies: 44
Views: 5437

Re: Humans.

crow wrote:
Ever since I arrived here, against my better judgement, I've been attacked, insulted, undermined and condescended-to.
Only one guy has been benevolent.
maybe they're testing your ego.
by Ataraxia
Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:30 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Accidentally stumbling into enlightenment, and out again
Replies: 151
Views: 15572

Re: Accidentally stumbling into enlightenment, and out again

Where is the great madman David Quinn the days? Is he still alive; does he write?
by Ataraxia
Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:55 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Are YOU Enlightened ?
Replies: 55
Views: 10751

Re: Are YOU Enlightened ?

Unidian wrote:This is a place where people throw out words and concepts and see how they fly. A testing ground for philosophical bombs.

Yeah. It definitely needs more beer and strippers. Or something.
by Ataraxia
Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:57 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Announcing "TheAbsolute TV"
Replies: 206
Views: 64310

Re: Announcing "TheAbsolute TV"

Yeah, it was a shame they stopped the Reasoning Show. It was the highlight of this forum.
by Ataraxia
Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:45 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Concerning David Quinn's "Ultimate Reality"
Replies: 43
Views: 4629

Re: Concerning David Quinn's "Ultimate Reality"

our finite minds cannot comprehend it[God] doesn't make it illogical. Say what? Again, that makes it illogical by definition. Logic is something done be humans. How can you engage in logic on a subject you can't comprehend. It is self contradictory. Moreover,you have a finite mind. And on your own ...
by Ataraxia
Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Concerning David Quinn's "Ultimate Reality"
Replies: 43
Views: 4629

Re: Concerning David Quinn's "Ultimate Reality"

Cold Cave wrote: Why can't God be an uncaused cause?
Seems to me you answered your own question.

You are positing a God that is illogical by definition.
by Ataraxia
Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Enlightenment / Knowing Who You Are
Replies: 81
Views: 19388

Re: Enlightenment / Knowing Who You Are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q182-tO8K8A http://www.umsonline.org/SpiritualVideoSatsang/SatsangTranscriptsChristineBreese/12StateOfEnlightenmentPresentMomentEnlightenedHereNowDarshanAwakeAwaken.htm WTF is this shit? Six years you've been reading this website and you haven't learnt a damn thing.
by Ataraxia
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Anxiety in males due to contamination by the female void ?
Replies: 55
Views: 5675

Re: Anxiety in males due to contamination by the female void

Men are “contaminated” by woman from a very early age. First he craves his mother’s love and attention, and then when he has grown up he looks to replace those same emotional pleasures through relationships with other women. It is therefore a natural thing to want to be involved with women, and if ...
by Ataraxia
Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: On consciousness
Replies: 255
Views: 17483

Re: On consciousness

Liberty Sea wrote: Well, even if God is separated from the universe, that doesn't prevent from being infinite.
You need to rethink that, brother.
by Ataraxia
Wed May 02, 2012 9:48 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: On consciousness
Replies: 255
Views: 17483

Re: On consciousness

The God that is everything certainly exists. Aside from the matter of semantics such as existence, being, or wujud, I suppose that would make you a Pantheist, which is by nature a form of Spiritual Atheism anyway. I would consider myself a Pantheist as well, if I am to associate myself with any -is...
by Ataraxia
Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:03 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: The Nature of Evil
Replies: 132
Views: 9636

Re: The Nature of Evil

Absolute non-existence/Inherent non-existence is impossible, even to conceive, because if you imagine a nothingness, that too is a form in your head. So, absolute nothingness doesn't exist in reality. It only exists as a logical fallacy. Like a married bachelor. My logic dilemma demonstrated why ab...
by Ataraxia
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Otto Weininger on MTV
Replies: 171
Views: 16608

Re: Otto Weininger on MTV

I'm about to start a regular blog which will feature a higher level of writing than what I do here. More detailed and more schematic. I believe it will comprise my best writing yet. On a technical level, the construction of the site is finished and all set to go. It's just a matter of me being read...
by Ataraxia
Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:42 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: "Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.
Replies: 30
Views: 3360

Re: "Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:How so?
You answered your own question in declaring reality a proper noun.

What is the difference between reality and Reality?
by Ataraxia
Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:49 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: "Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.
Replies: 30
Views: 3360

Re: "Why Geniuses donot exist." I can, and have created one.

Trevor Salyzyn wrote: This isn't pretentious elitism: if someone does not understand what it means to be conscious of Reality, he is neither conscious of Reality, nor is he a genius.
Perhaps the capitalisation of the word 'reality' is the pretentious/ elitist part?
by Ataraxia
Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:42 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is your vision of transcendence?
Replies: 39
Views: 2535

Re: What is your vision of transcendence?

It is my observation that the posters on this board are attached, in varying degrees, to their prejudice toward what they call "religious" language, so much so that it is closing their ears to the wisdom of metaphor and myth that can take them behind the curtain of their human intellectual prejudic...
by Ataraxia
Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:55 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Defining and describing non-duality
Replies: 145
Views: 8948

Re: Defining and describing non-duality

No worries.

It comes from a book that really opened my eyes up - it is mainly just a list of aphorisms: The Natural State

U.G is great value from my perspective. He is the anti-religious religious guy.
by Ataraxia
Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:45 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Defining and describing non-duality
Replies: 145
Views: 8948

Re: Defining and describing non-duality

It is the absolute nature of our subjectivity. - I like this extract by U.G Krishnamurti. The natural state is one in which thinking and life are not two things but one. It is not an intellectual state. It is more like a state of feeling, although I use the word feeling in a different sense than th...
by Ataraxia
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:29 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Arbitrary absolutism: the values of the house philosophy
Replies: 574
Views: 27176

Re: Arbitrary absolutism: the values of the house philosophy

1. His first source was also originally my source. (Forgive me for answering here.) That source says explicitly: The law of identity “A is A” is a conviction that things have some identity (whatever it specifically be) rather than another, or than no identity at all. It is an affirmation that knowl...
by Ataraxia
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Arbitrary absolutism: the values of the house philosophy
Replies: 574
Views: 27176

Re: Arbitrary absolutism: the values of the house philosophy

I've presented three sources indicating A = A is disputed in Nagarjuna, two of them directly - that trumps anyone here, in my view. But on Genius Forum does A = A have some special meaning of which Laozi, Nagarjuna, Aristotle, the authors of the quoted materials, and everyone else alive or dead hav...
by Ataraxia
Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Arbitrary absolutism: the values of the house philosophy
Replies: 574
Views: 27176

Re: Arbitrary absolutism: the values of the house philosophy

G'day Robert. It appears like Mark Twain, reports of your death were greatly exaggerated ;) (Btw, not once in 35 years reading have I ever come across any source, whether J. Krishnamurti or any voice in Daoism, Zen, or Buddhism, who ever wrote a damned thing about A = A, not once! You're bullshittin...
by Ataraxia
Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: An Argument to Legalize Murder
Replies: 68
Views: 9900

Re: An Argument to Legalize Murder

Your point doesn't make much sense. Well then perhaps you haven't thought this as deeply as you could, either. Because the point is rather obvious. I think Elizabeth's underlying idea is sustainable life for as long as possible. Right. But she is advocating that it may be rational to kill extant pe...
by Ataraxia
Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:18 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: An Argument to Legalize Murder
Replies: 68
Views: 9900

Re: An Argument to Legalize Murder

It's an extreme idea suited for a crisis. That type of crisis indicates a majority of irrational people, therefore, it's contradictory to expect a rational solution. . It's not a rational solution in any way shape or form. For it to be rational it would mean that you value life that you know alread...
by Ataraxia
Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:15 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: On David Quinns' WOMAN EXPOSITION....
Replies: 511
Views: 38816

Re: On David Quinns' WOMAN EXPOSITION....

Kunga wrote:flys are attracted to shit
But also meat.
by Ataraxia
Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: system of ethics based on realization of ultimate reality
Replies: 78
Views: 5975

Re: system of ethics based on realization of ultimate reality

Ethical systems, of which there are already enough, are merely a provisional means of enable people to live together in relative peace Well played, sir. Herd-Instinct. Wherever we meet with a morality we find a valuation and order of rank of the human impulses and activities. These valuations and o...
by Ataraxia
Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: I have Realized the Infinite
Replies: 279
Views: 16915

Re: I have Realized the Infinite

Kelly Jones wrote:This clarifies things quite a bit regarding Kierkegaard's concept of God.
It still reads to me like he is describing a 'small' God (for want of a better word). In short, a Christian God.