Search found 2271 matches

by brokenhead
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

Angelina Jolie is a monster, both in films and from what I read in the tabloids that I devour, she is a menace to society and should probably be locked up somewhere. I hate her lips. It looks like she was trying to give a blowjob to an industrial vacuum cleaner. You don't take anything you read in ...
by brokenhead
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:21 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

The attachment grew gradually smaller as time elapsed, until it got to almost zero. You were not getting the positive effects of love that I talked about earlier in this thread, so the attachment part could not survive forever. Attachment goes hand in hand with the chemical stuff, like what your bo...
by brokenhead
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:14 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

The love did not die or go anywhere. Where has the attachment been? Where is it now? Let us assume that your lover has an affair with another man and falls in love with him. Let us also assume that you find out. Then we will be able to see how your attachment manifests itself. You are not answering...
by brokenhead
Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: A Simple Question
Replies: 5
Views: 509

Re: A Simple Question

baulz owt wrote:whatever shitface
Are you talking to me?
by brokenhead
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: A Simple Question
Replies: 5
Views: 509

Re: A Simple Question

The cause IS the past. The effect IS the present.
Since every effect is also a cause, the present continually becomes amended to the past. The future lies in the past, and seems to be a mystery only because of the organism's inability to grasp the fullness of the causes which create it.
by brokenhead
Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:18 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

It's free. No debts. The price is attachment. Without attachment, there is no love. But how does attachment manifest itself? Let me take a step back and return to why I started this thread. It may be that love itself is not an emotion, and that attachment is the emotion that love can predicate. In ...
by brokenhead
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:13 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: I have a real problem!
Replies: 31
Views: 1915

Re: I have a real problem!

Nobody seems to be taking Paco seriously. Paco, you said it is hard to be a Christian these days. What did you mean by that?
by brokenhead
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:00 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

Leyla Shen wrote:
brokenhead wrote:[...] and this was all you could come up with.
Trust you to snort all over a divine pearl of wisdom!

I may be making a comeback soon ...
At which point I shall turn and rend you.
Not that you are familiar with any quotes from scripture.
by brokenhead
Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

I'm surprised by your response, you come up with this example and criticism of A=A with Venus and skirt past my own example. Evoking the illusory nature of boundaries is fine, but this doesn't really have a direct relationship to A=A, well it does, but at least not in an immediate sense. But isn't ...
by brokenhead
Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

In saying that it is "beyond it all", I was responding to your conception of God, you said "Nature would be a manifestation of God's creation." In what way can you imagine that these course of events took place, where there wasn't Nature but only God, then God manifests Nature. Please describe what...
by brokenhead
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:27 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

What I am trying to do is to indicate what I see as the extremely limited usefulness the concept of Totality provides. It is virtually useless in any possible way, by its own definition. Nothing can be said about it or gleaned from it that is particularly useful. To say a thing A is part of the Tota...
by brokenhead
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

I disagree. I need to know what God is, and what he's not. My ego demands it, it wants certainty. Now that I have an answer, I can let God live my life. Yet you want to equate God with the Totality, and we have decided it neither exists and nor does not exist. So how can you know what the Totality ...
by brokenhead
Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

But certainty is the biggest delusion of them all, Robert. Surely this must be obvious to you. Certainty is entirely possible. A=A is the perfect example. Truth in action. I'm not sure the rest of the post has anything to do with what I've said. You're making a lot of assumptions that don't ring tr...
by brokenhead
Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

Any reasoning on the nature of these Gods we're imagining will be wishful by definition, since we have no evidence (empirical or metaphysical) that they nothing more than fantasy and delusion. Housing a psychological framework on such porous foundations isn't something I'm interested in. How can ce...
by brokenhead
Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:16 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

Yeah, I mean how when we reason about anything (which must by definition be part of the Totality), we're automatically doing A=A. From this basis, we can learn what's true and what's false. No argument there. But that is not saying anything about the Totality as the Totality. The way I see it A=A m...
by brokenhead
Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:51 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

But surely through truthful reasoning about the nature of (the uniqueness of) the Totality we can reach meaningful conclusions? A=A being one of them, no? I do not understand how A=A is a meaningful conclusion about the Totality. Are you saying that your understanding of God as being different from...
by brokenhead
Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:47 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

Obviously, we can't fully experience it in it's entirety, that isn't possible, but then can we fully experience anything in it's entirety? Could you say with absolute certainty that you experienced something to it's fullest? Would you say that the apprehension of A=A is an example of this, since it...
by brokenhead
Sun May 31, 2009 7:34 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: No ego = bullshit
Replies: 155
Views: 7498

Re: No ego = bullshit

baulz owt wrote:Also, Broken you say you commit selfless acts while in the back of your mind being cognizant of a "what goes around comes around" concept. I have yet to see any organisms do selfless acts.
Why not try one yourself? Then you might.
by brokenhead
Sun May 31, 2009 4:19 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: No ego = bullshit
Replies: 155
Views: 7498

Re: No ego = bullshit

I think the nature of tree values are different from human values. Problem is that talking like this turns ultimately into meaningless gibberish - there is really nothing to say about a logically meaningless universe. All I can do is relay my own experience, that I am driven to be selfish with no a...
by brokenhead
Sun May 31, 2009 2:48 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Teleportation???Discovered??
Replies: 11
Views: 834

Re: Teleportation???Discovered??

If at 40mph it takes one hour to reach a city 40 miles away and at 80 mph it take 30 minutes then at 120 mph would it in fact take 0 seconds to reach the city and be considered teleportation??? Just think for a few seconds... Teleporting means to move objects, by using a certain technology, from on...
by brokenhead
Sun May 31, 2009 2:12 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

I think the point of most exercise is trying to attain something you cannot, that is, having a goal that is beyond your reach and trying repeatedly to attain it. Hmm, that sounds a little fishy to me. Isn't that a definition of faith in something purely based on the ego? Where the actual object of ...
by brokenhead
Sun May 31, 2009 1:16 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Belief vs knowledge
Replies: 29
Views: 1659

Re: Belief vs knowledge

How could we know the answer to this? Let me restate then: Do we know the cat knows there are mice, or do we just believe that the cat only believes there are mice? How do you know we don't believe the cat knows there are mice? I believe we do. At least I think I believe we know this. In fact, I kn...
by brokenhead
Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: God???
Replies: 68
Views: 6768

Re: God???

I don't see how you can't apprehend the Totality. Isn't that the point? Isn't that the whole exercise of trying to attain an apprehension of ultimate reality? Making this synonymous with God is wholly logical in my view. Anything less, and you divide God into something finite and lacking, or not de...
by brokenhead
Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

Carl, do you really want to know the answer to that or are you just trying to be facetious? I really want to know. The move is on! I am leaving Monday June 8. It is a little disheartening to to realize I will be able to pack up all my earthly belongings into my '97 Neon, with enough room to spare f...
by brokenhead
Wed May 27, 2009 10:11 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: What is Love? Or did we do this before?
Replies: 141
Views: 18858

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

Nick Treklis wrote:
Carl G wrote:How's your love affair going, brokenhead? Are you busy packing for Idaho?
Did they just legalize same sex marriage there or something?
Yes, we'll be Messers (broken) Potato-Head.