Search found 76 matches

by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:44 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Biological Conditioning Vs Logic
Replies: 49
Views: 7942

Re: Biological Conditioning Vs Logic

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Is logic strong enough to override our biology completely and totally?
Anecdotally, only if the person is high intelligence (starting at 125, usually far above) and also possessed of a will toward reality (nobility).

In other words, the proles and artisans (vaishya) will not be doing that.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:42 pm
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: ANUS mentions The Genius Forum
Replies: 47
Views: 3301

Re: ANUS mentions The Genius Forum

'brattish and adolescent' I have returned to the word "brat" to describe most people on the internet. They have insignificant lives, and come here to be Important. Anything anyone says that contradicts their personal mythos makes them irate. Brattish and adolescent to me implies a denial of reality...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:40 pm
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Family Gatherings
Replies: 41
Views: 2712

Re: Family Gatherings

Kelly Jones wrote:Genius never runs in the family.
The potential for genius does.

Let me guess: no geniuses in your family?

Believe what you need to, but don't claim it's true. It's just your personal religion.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:39 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Female Genius
Replies: 97
Views: 7838

Re: Female Genius

Well, what were your thoughts from reading about the definitions of genius, including the quotes? I agree with it. There's a difference between great talent (Einstein) and genius in perceiving reality and a transcendental approach to it (Schopenhauer). However, what you and I disagree on is that th...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:36 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: How can I overcome the fear of being smart?
Replies: 22
Views: 1601

Re: How can I overcome the fear of being smart?

Kelly Jones wrote:It seems you don't quite understand the point of this forum, Conservationist.
Keep beating that dead horse.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Will humanity get its act together?
Replies: 26
Views: 1491

Re: Will humanity get its act together?

To change course, one must understand the pattern. Failing to do so, or not seeing a problem, will continue similar repeating results (within the standard fluctuation). ... Perception is relative* - reality is not I agree, and taken together these two ideas illustrate the problem: a solipsistic spe...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:32 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Realism regarding "debating" on the internet
Replies: 15
Views: 1043

Re: Realism regarding "debating" on the internet

The argument, in long-hand, is "Your argument is false, and the reasoning that supports this statement is you are stupid." http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html The two are conflatable: (a) You think this argument is true because you are stupid. (Implied wrong argument) (b) Becau...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: the underground man
Replies: 385
Views: 27946

Re: the underground man

The underground man is disgusted with the warranties that are asserted from Enlightenment (as in, the-age-of) thinking. Human beings are not as reasonable as they think. Sounds straight out of Zarathustra. To my mind, the underground man is a philosopher who has returned to Plato's cave after seein...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: ANUS mentions The Genius Forum
Replies: 47
Views: 3301

Re: ANUS mentions The Genius Forum

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Clearly we're playing host for (yet another) fried brain who shouldn't be on the computer so much but take very long walks in the countryside instead.
That's rather autistic of you. I guess I don't understand what your beef is, other than that you don't like debating me.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:32 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Family Gatherings
Replies: 41
Views: 2712

Re: Family Gatherings

Anders Schlander wrote:Well, Genetics certainly isn't enough by itself, do you agree?
No. I suggest The Blank Slate by Stephen Pinker for a good introduction to biological determinism.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:31 am
Forum: Worldly Matters
Topic: Palestine: from the fall of the Ottomans to Today
Replies: 576
Views: 22079

Re: Palestine: from the fall of the Ottomans to Today

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:First of all the amount of dependency their actual existence as a nation has on the goodwill and support of the US on the international stage is countering any notion of sovereignty and independence any nation should possess.
Nation, not nation-state:

http://www.pan-nationalism.org/
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Geert Wilders, Dutch anti-Islamist
Replies: 47
Views: 6565

Re: Geert Wilders, Dutch anti-Islamist

Still you were obviously wrong introducing (meaningless) cohanim markers or whatever current research as evidence for "belonging to a population originating in Israel". It doesn't follow at all. You have misinterpreted the evidence. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/06/genetics-the-jewish...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: How can I overcome the fear of being smart?
Replies: 22
Views: 1601

Re: How can I overcome the fear of being smart?

How do you deal with not being able to converse with people in a fulfilling way without blowing their heads off? Pick carefully who you converse with, and don't take the conversation seriously. Most of them make no logical sense, and are instead expressing emotional tokens. Once you can parse that,...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:43 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Ending the Ego is Empirical and Rife with Uncertainty
Replies: 36
Views: 3118

Re: Ending the Ego is Empirical and Rife with Uncertainty

You'll never know if you're egoless, because there may be some experiences that make you upset. Very true, and it reminds me why Buddhism is ludicrous. Discipline is a better goal than elimination of a vital part of your being. You're here for the human experience -- crazy go nuts with it, but if y...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:41 am
Forum: Worldly Matters
Topic: Governments spy on their citizens for control and power
Replies: 225
Views: 45870

Re: Canary in the Coalmine: "Decoy Jews"

Tomas wrote:Since 1999, Jewish organizations in the Netherlands have been complaining that Jews who walk the Dutch streets wearing skullcaps risk verbal and physical attack by Muslims.
None of whom are ethnic Dutch.

Well, guess people are learning about the joys of liberalism.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Geert Wilders, Dutch anti-Islamist
Replies: 47
Views: 6565

Re: Geert Wilders, Dutch anti-Islamist

...these studies do not attempt to determine any Jewish gene.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewontin%27s_Fallacy

Yes, because they're trying to avoid that.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 am
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: ANUS mentions The Genius Forum
Replies: 47
Views: 3301

Re: Woody Allen mentions The Genius Forum

Steve's dad was German and his mother Russian. They both shared the Jewish religion - well - they met, married and had two children. Let me fix that for you: Steve's dad was a Jew from Germany and his mother a Jew from Russia. Although they had German and Russian political citizenship -- a piece of...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Will humanity get its act together?
Replies: 26
Views: 1491

Re: Will humanity get its act together?

For humanity to get its act together it must transcend HOW! is the over-riding element which has been left out here. I disagree. The How: pay attention to reality, not emotions and social pressures. It's simple, but more difficult than immersing oneself in ego drama, so it's most commonly ignored.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:34 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Helping people:
Replies: 96
Views: 5977

Re: Helping people:

jupiviv wrote:I said that the helping person requires the helped person to have some inherent quality of good in them, or else they won't help them, because they would then not be "good".
Sounds more like the formation of a gang than a realistic plan for human betterment.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:33 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Realism regarding "debating" on the internet
Replies: 15
Views: 1043

Re: Realism regarding "debating" on the internet

It's hard to take that assessment of this board seriously given that most of the serious contributors (i.e. long term ones) go out of their way to develop proper arguments. Please re-read this portion, especially the highlighted word: From another forum: Some of the people on The Genius Forum remin...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:28 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Will humanity get its act together?
Replies: 26
Views: 1491

Re: Will humanity get its act together?

You introduced the term [stupidity] as a point of challenge and we were debating your point. If you are not interested in clarifying, I will make the reasonable assumption that you withdraw the point. But I just clarified it by describing stupidity as a lack in common sense or being lost in trivial...
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:24 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Will humanity get its act together?
Replies: 26
Views: 1491

Re: Will humanity get its act together?

Dan Rowden wrote:I removed your commercial link, Cleora. I smell spam and I'm not in a Monty Python frame or mind.
Cleora is a script. If you look at her post, you'll notice it's composed of sentences taken at random from the first two posts in this thread.

Clever but not intelligent, these spammers.
by Conservationist
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:22 am
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: How can I overcome the fear of being smart?
Replies: 22
Views: 1601

Re: How can I overcome the fear of being smart?

I see the solutions to problems that nobody else sees, but I can't put them into action because I'm not in charge. You will need to get into an area where your skills are rewarded. Either start your own business, get a professional degree, or tough it out until you get into management. Otherwise, i...
by Conservationist
Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 pm
Forum: GENIUS FORUM
Topic: Realism regarding "debating" on the internet
Replies: 15
Views: 1043

Realism regarding "debating" on the internet

From another forum: I think it make sense that I explain my view of people on the internet: Most people are dysfunctional to varying degrees, and the internet accumulates a special type that is both dysfunctional and angry that this is so. They are as a result determined to aggravate others, yet hid...
by Conservationist
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm
Forum: Help Desk
Topic: Family Gatherings
Replies: 41
Views: 2712

Re: Family Gatherings

you could argue that there could potentially be enviromental causes for the very occurence of intelligence You could argue that there could potentially be UFOs causing intelligence. You could argue that there could potentially be a possibility of just about anything. Back to the data, that's not so...