The newsletter of the Atheist Society (Australia)
Vol 1 No. 4, Feb, 1994
To avoid any criticism that we atheists do not pay enough attention to women, this entire issue is dedicated to them. Indeed, every true Atheist is concerned primarily with WOMAN, for there is no God greater than Her, none more powerful, none the cause of more self-sacrifice, none more dehumanizing.
WOMAN is, and always has been, the single greatest enemy of truth and rational thought. The very fact that it is inconceivable to even suggest such a thing nowadays bears testimony to the fact that WOMAN is the controlling force behind men almost as much as it defines every woman's existence.
Religion itself is but an expression of WOMAN. Christianity no longer worships a hard, masculine, dignified God, but idolizes a weak and effeminate Jesus of its own creation. Buddhism no longer reveres Enlightenment, non-attachment, and liberation, but promotes a sickly and pathetic form of "compassion". Islam: sheep.
Religion is an illusory foe, and to fight against it is to box with the empty air. Religion does not exist in a church or in a set of ideas or beliefs, but in WOMAN. That is, it exists in a fanciful imagination that has no connection whatsoever with reality. WOMAN is a pre-conscious entity that is unable to place any value at all on such things as truth, reason, integrity, and principles. It is unable to do so because it has not been designed for the task. Only if WOMAN evolves into something more, much more, can we ever demand truth of Her, and Her many religions. Please try to understand the importance of what is being communicated here. It is said that women should not be criticized because they are a Natural Force, and beyond criticism. But if Natural Forces are allowed to run rampant, there is great destruction. It is not man which is the cause of so much violence in this world, but the WOMAN in man. Were it not for Her, reason and truth would reign supreme. A "balance" between the masculine and the feminine is always ninety percent in favour of the feminine. Do not settle for part measures! It is not possible to say enough about women in just this one issue, so be prepared for much more in future. In order to convey the greatest amount of information in the smallest possible space, I leave you with a collection of Oh so masculine sayings and aphorisms. I am aware that many men will be upset by this attack on women, but I simply don't believe that sex is worth paying for.
- Woman wishes to wish away the differences between the sexes. - but then, that is the nature of woman.
- Some men are different. All women are alike.
- For story and experience tell us,
That man grows old and women jealous;
Both would their little ends secure:
He sighs for freedom, she for power.
His wishes tend abroad to roam.
And her's, to domineer at home.
- She is like a stone on the hilltop, difficult to be moved.
Yet when she is once started she goeth fast and far; no man knoweth her end.
She believeth that ALL men are vain and easy to be flattered.
Her heart is older than her head; yea, her emotion is the mother of her reason.
She desireth many things, and she is happy till she getteth them.
TWO things she holdeth dear, mystery and mastery.
- Why is it we never hear of a self-made woman?
- Woman submits to her fate; man makes his.
- Men think what they will do in the world, and women think what they will have out of it.
- Men are worried about how many years they have left, women how many they have had.
- God made woman beautiful and foolish; beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish, that she might love him.
- There are two kinds of women: those who wish to marry, and those who haven't the slightest intention not to.
- To a single woman men are either dates, potential dates, or date substitutes.
- There's only one way to get on for a woman, and that's to please men. That is what women think men are for.
- A woman's place is in the mall.
- Men say knowledge is power; women think dress is power.
- Woman's first duty is to her dressmaker. What the second duty is no one has yet discovered.
- There are few women whose worth lasts longer than their beauty.
- Woman strives for loveliness, man for dignity.
- Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.
- Many women would swap brains for beauty and think they were getting the best of the bargain.
- The average girl would rather have beauty than brains because she knows that the average man can see much better than he can think.
- "After men, monkeys have the most intelligence," says an author. Others will argue that women do.
- Smart men are smarter than they look; smart women look smarter than they are.
- The heart is the whole of women, who are guided by nothing else: and it has so much to say, even with men . . . that it triumphs in every struggle with the understanding.
- A young lady who thinks is like a young man who rouges.
- To find fault with a woman's intellect you must first find her intellect.
- Women have simple tastes. They can get pleasure out of the conversation of children in arms and men in love.
- A man, conceivably, could adjust to the knowledge that he was at a higher level than those around him, although no rational man could possibly enjoy that perspective; but to a woman it would be unbearable.
- Essentially feminine, she was able to chatter but say nothing, ask questions and require no reply.
- Women can write more interestingly than men on the really important topics of civilization: dress, food and furniture.
- She wavers, she hesitates; in a word, she is a woman.
- Woman's one notable invention: Perpetual emotion.
- Women are always eagerly on the lookout for any emotion.
- Women: picturesque protests against the mere existence of common sense.
- A woman's hopes are woven of sunbeams; a shadow annihilates them.
- No wonder women live longer than men - look how long they remain girls.
- You bring up your girls to be ornaments and then complain of their frivolity.
- When he has a thorn in his side, she has to have a sword through her heart.
- A woman will always sacrifice herself if given the opportunity; it is her favourite form of self-indulgence.
- Of what use is independence to a woman, if she is - all alone?
- If the parasite woman on the couch, the plaything and amusement of men, be the permanent and final manifestation of female human life on the planet, then that couch is also the death-bed of human evolution.
- Democracy is woman's greatest invention. Indeed, it even reflects her character: purposeless, irrational, subject to public opinion and passing fashions, rambling, confused, underhanded, scheming, in love with its own purity.
- To be a woman is something so strange, so confusing and so complicated that only a woman could put up with it and, what is worse, feel happy about it.
- Woman: a biped with two hands, two feet, two breasts, two eyes and two faces.
- A woman has three reasons for everything she does: the reason she says she has, the reason she thinks she has, and the reason she really has.
- I will not say that women have no character, rather, they have a new one every day.
- I've never met a man of good character who has had anything to do with a woman.
- A man of straw is worth a woman of gold.
- A woman never forgets her sex. She would rather talk with a man than an angel, any day.
- Between a woman's "yes" and "no" there is no room for the point of a needle.
- Her husband's funeral Is often where a widow looks for the next man.
- Woman's virtue is man's greatest invention.
- I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary, but slinks out of the race, where the immortal garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat. Assuredly we bring not innocence into the world, we bring impurity much rather: that which purifies us is trial, and trial is by what is contrary. That virtue therefore which is but a youngling in the contemplation of evil, and knows not the utmost that vice promises to her followers, and rejects it, is but a blank virtue, not pure; her whiteness is illusory. - John Milton
- Indiscretion: the guilt of woman.
- A woman sometimes feels pity for the sorrows that she causes witho ut remorse.
- No matter how much a woman loved a man, it would still give her a glow to see him commit suicide for her.
- A woman rarely discards one lover until she is sure of another.
- Where neither love nor hatred is in the game a woman is a mediocre player.
- If all men told the truth the tears of women would create another flood.
- It is sometimes argued that women have a hard enough time in this world, without telling them the truth.
- A man who won't lie to a woman has very little consideration for her feelings.
- The formation of a young lady's mind and character usually consists in telling her lies.
- What is conscience to a wife? . . . To marry is to domesticate the Recording Angel.
- With a man, a lie is a last resort; with women, it's First Aid.
- Women are not half as sensitive about their sins as about their follies.
- Women always speak the truth, but not the whole truth.
- Most women think that truth is an irrelevant triviality whose only role in life is as a stumbling block for men.
- A man with a bad heart has been sometimes saved by a strong head; but a corrupt woman is lost forever.
- Revenge is always the delight of a little weak and petty mind; of which you may straightway draw proof from this, that no one so rejoices in revenge as a woman.
- The one thing that man never gives to a woman is spiritual help.
- The souls of women are so small, that some believe they've none at all.
- Is it not better to fall into the hands of a murderer than into the dreams of a lustful woman?
- Women have no moral sense; they rely for their behaviour upon the men they love.
- God created woman. And boredom did indeed cease from that moment - but many other things ceased as well. Woman was God's second mistake.
- It has often been claimed that God is a woman, but to my knowledge no-one has ever claimed that the Devil is a woman and really meant it. So I will.
- Men are women's playthings; woman is the Devil's.
- Women give themselves to God when the Devil wants nothing more to do with them.
- Women are not necessarily evil - but evil is necessarily feminine.
- Where the Devil cannot go himself he sends an old woman.
- Woman - last at the cross, earliest at the grave.
- Mothers, wives, and maids; these are the tools wherewith priests manage men.
- Woman: the hand that rules the cradle rocks the world.
- Women learn how to hate in the degree that they forget how to charm.
- Friendship among women is but a suspension of hostilities.
- Misogynist: a man who hates women as much as women hate one another.
- No man is as anti-feminist as the really feminine woman.
- Women and people of low birth are very hard to deal with. If you are friendly with them, they get out of hand, and if you keep your distance, they resent it. - Confucius
- Woman is a domesticated animal; the feminist has returned to the wild. The goddess has gone wandering, collecting a few bruises, developing a few survival traits. She is lost; the bed beckons her. She will soon return.
- When men and women agree, it is only in their conclusions; their reasons are always different.
- Man's conclusions are reached by toil. Woman arrives at the same by sympathy.
- A woman can believe anything in the world if there's no good reason for it.
- Can you recall a woman who ever showed you with pride her library?
- Women never reason, and therefore are (comparatively) seldom wrong.
- Womens' intuition is the result of millions of years of not thinking.
- Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious.
- No woman, plain or pretty, has any common sense at all. Common sense is the privilege of our sex and we men are so self- sacrificing that we never use it.
- Women would rather be right than reasonable.
- It took a million years to develop man's reason, but it takes only a few minutes of feminine logic to destroy it.